Osprey Point Restaurant
20786 Rock Hall Avenue
Rock Hall, MD 21661Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Osprey Point Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ospreypoint.com/restaurant/
- Phone: 4106392194
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Service: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm. The restaurant will be closed for the month of January.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Whitehair
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Osprey Point is available for off premise catering on the Eastern Shore. Let us bring Osprey Point to you! You will work one-on-one with our event coordinator and Chef to create a delicious menu for your special event.
- Private Party Facilities: Osprey Point is a premier wedding and events venue on the Eastern Shore. Located on the waters of Swan Creek, we can offer events up to 200 people. From lavish tented weddings to anniversary dinners, Osprey Point can create a custom menu that fits all your needs and wants. Contact us today for our special events package!
- Private Party Contact: Casey Carroll 4106392194
- Entertainment: Check out our website for happy hour, wine tastings and live entertainment schedules!
- Cross Street: Rock Hall Avenue/ Route 20
- Public Transit: Seasonal public transportation Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Memorial Day through Labor Day).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 12 car parking lot in front of Restaurant/Inn. Large parking lot within close proximity to Restaurant/Inn.
A word from Osprey Point Restaurant
Our fine dining restaurant has a reputation for being the best in Kent County. We pride ourselves on having a fresh seasonal menu, high quality ingredients and a chef that puts care into preparing every meal. The dining room's casual elegance will make you feel at home whether you are stepping off the dock or celebrating that special occasion. Please stop in for a drink and hors d'oeuvres at the bar or make a reservation for dinner. We welcome transient boaters throughout the season and offer free dockage while dining in our restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Osprey Point Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Rock Hall ›
Osprey Point Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (12)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)scenic view (8)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FlemingDined on 10/10/2014Charming mini resort right on the Chesapeake Bay. One gets the feel of Old Williamsburg style buildings. The restaurant/ tap room with fireplace welcome all. From the greetings at front door to the table service, you are really taken care of the entire night. Menu changes with the seasons in farm to table atmosphere..foodies will be thrilled. Wine pairings with each section on menu and extensive wine list are an added plus. The total,atmosphere is yachting casual as there is a fairly large Marina on property. We also,stayed at the inn and would highly recommend to all. A delicious breakfast served daily for those overnite guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OspreyboatingisusDined on 9/5/2014We had eaten at the Inn in past years and had a great experience with food and wine. I know that when restaurants change they go through periods of trials- I believe the appetizers that we ate were nicely done and would recommend those. Seared Tuna and Asparagus wrapped in thinly sliced Italian ham. They both were very tasty. Our main course was okay nothing to get excited about. Over-all experience was not what we had in the past - maybe lunch would be better.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerNnmathteachVIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had a very nice dinner at this restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was very nicely presented and prepared. I had the rockfish and my husband had the scallops. We both enjoyed our meal. My only concern is that I did not receive any Open Table points for our reservation. I chose it because of 1000 point tables on Sunday night, but we received zero points. I spoke to the manager on duty and he told me to follow up with the business manager. I have not done this yet. When I made the reservation, zero points were posted, so I knew about it, but do not know why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food too heavychuddyDined on 8/30/2014too much sauce, nothing light on the menu. too much emphasis on german style cooking.Special Features:
- Good food for a quaint townAfterWorkDined on 8/30/2014Service was excellent and the food was simply prepared but done well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Rock HallChestercounty1979Dined on 8/29/2014Great break from the normal small town dining options. Nice higher end selections and very friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCATLADYDined on 8/23/2014Our Anniversary Dinner. Wonderful experience even if the weatherman was wrong. Service attentive & friendly. Appetizer was a cheese plate w/some well-selected cheeses & garnishes & a beautiful presentation. Hubby had crab cakes which he said were excellent. I had a chicken medallions dish w/risotto & spinach. Spinach was very tasty, risotto was good with a nice-sized serving & chicken medallions had a very flavorful, slightly teasing sauce making you want more. Hubby had a unique creme brulee for dessert/chocolate w/hazelnuts & macadamia nuts. He does not normally choose creme brulee, but he loved this creme brulee. I had a very generous, well-presented raspberry sorbet. Ian, the Mgr visited us & was very hospitable. A very enjoyable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, service-A special placeWordsgalDined on 8/15/2014We have had dinner at Osprey Point about five times over two years (spring, summer and fall!) and have enjoyed every meal. The food is fresh and creative and the service is friendly, unobtrusive and quick. We highly recommend a stop at Osprey Point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreqDnrVIPDined on 8/15/2014Might have been an 'off' night for the restaurant. Great setting and quality of ingredients good but the preparation was not particularly flavorful and the service was very slow. Wish the lighting were a bit softer - too bright for a 'fine dining' experience.
- Nicest in townNeighbortimVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nicest dining experience in Rock Hall. It was hard to choose from the menu; we'll have to come back. The roast duck was an excellent choice, as was the rare tuna appetizer. Brian at the bar made me an unusual gin martini with Bombay Saphire and a touch of Aperol, it was marvelous. My wife had the crab cakes, which she thought were very good. We stayed at the Inn (also very nice BTW) and hope to come back, we will certainly plan another meal here.Special Features:
- A standout for the areaNotoutmuchDined on 7/30/2014Lovely place in a beautiful bay-front location. Excellent service, good menu, pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wonderfuldiningonthewaterDined on 7/26/2014We have dined at Osprey Point twice now and it was outstanding both times. The ambiance is reminiscent of a Williamsburg Inn. The wine selection is excellent. Preparation and presentation of food is very pleasing, delicious and creative. It is a setting in which you can have a romantic dinner for two or bring a group of friends and be able to linger a bit without being rushed and enjoy the evening. We just love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Osprey Point Restaurant reviews archive.
- Traditional restaurantCtownDined on 5/17/2014Lovely setting with partial marina/water view. Lovely traditional dining room. Efficient, but not attentive service. Menu interesting and food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014We stayed at the lovely inn and had dinner at the restaurant our first evening there. We had an early dinner so there were only 3 other tables with diners. Service was slow and not very friendly.. The waitress never even bothered to light the candle on our table. When our meals came my husband was served fillet rather than the lamb which he ordered. The fillet was delicious and he did not want to wait for another meal to be cooked, which he told the waitress. We declined dessert. Later I thought about how they should have offered a complimentary dessert or glass of wine. The food was good but overpriced, the service not so good. When we stay in the inn again we won't be dining there.
- Loved itBetsyVIPDined on 3/9/2014Our first visit to Osprey Point (we're from the DC area), and we'd go out of our way to get back there any time we're on the Eastern Shore. Everything was terrific -- especially the scallops with cauliflower puree and peach chutney. The blood orange panna cotta was delicious -- and beautiful. They don't have an extensive menu, but it's well-planned to give a variety of options. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu to choose from.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Limited menu to choose from. Poor bar selection of premium liquors.
- Cozy diningMidshipsDined on 9/18/2013We very much enjoyed our meal and the friendly attention of all the staff, including the bartender and the chef. We'll be back.Special Features:
- perfect settingMurfDined on 9/18/2013Our recent dinner at the Osprey Point Resturant was wonderful. The food was great, the ambience lovely with the marina just outside the windows, and even the chef made an apperance in the dining room to welcome guest. Defininte must when in Rock Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJMac77Dined on 8/11/2013A great place to go for a special night. We went here for our 9th anniversary and sat on the screened in porch. There was a pond with a fountain in the background, which gave us a serene sound/setting. The corn and crab soup was out of this world. Same goes for the scallops. The drinks, specifically the martinis were great.Special Features:
- Dining by a marinaaboaterDined on 7/12/2013This restaurant is just feet away from a very nice marina with beautiful views. The walls are decorated with a sailing theme. The menu offered a variety of dishes including beef, poultry, and fish. There was also a nice selections of wine by the glass or by bottle. The service was very good. Entrees average around $30, a little high, but then the quality of the food was very good. Because the price is just a little higher than other restaurants in the area, this is our pick for 'special occasion dinning'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemNorweigan17VIPDined on 7/7/2013What a treat this restaurant was to enjoy!!!! The chef was outstanding - I had crab cakes and they were the best I've ever had. My husband had scallops and they were outstanding along with the calamari. It is not deep friend - it's like nothing you've ever experienced. Highly recommend this little gem!!!Special Features:
- Good food, nice service. CouldFamilyOf4Dined on 6/28/2013Good food, nice service. Could benefit from either a kids menu or expanded light fare. Overall, would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but somewhat limitedBoativatedDined on 5/26/2013Nice but somewhat limited menu. I has swordfish and my husband had filet and both were great cuts. The sides were a little cold though, and the swordfish came with zucchini but no starch. Overall good quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal, lovely eveningDoryDined on 5/19/2013My husband and I had a lovely dinner at Osprey Point restaurant. We stayed at the Inn so it was a treat to have a fine dining option right there. The scallops were outstanding and the portion generous - a delicious meal. My husband had the trout which was very good though the chorizo that was part of the dish was salty and a bit over powering. The service was friendly and good. We would certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happy with experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Very good - our entire party of 7 enjoyed the food. Very nice setting as well. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Have eaten here many times!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2013The food is excellent, period. We have tried every salad, soup, and entree more than once. The atmosphere is casual elegance. If you expect individual attention, and impeccable service, you will more likely than not, be disappointed. Staff is very friendly, just not polished. Also, the wine list could be a little more robust. We simply go for the food, and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner at Osprey PointCoquette1VIPDined on 5/4/2013My husband and I had a delicious dinner at Osprey Point Restaurant Saturday night, I ordered the filet mignon medium rare and he had the rack of lamb also medium rare. We ended the meal by splitting a creme brulee which was superb... The young chef made his way out to our table to check on us which we thought was a nice touch to what was a wonderful dinner. We will return again!Special Features:
- Delicious meal! Our calamariOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2013Delicious meal! Our calamari appetizer was unique and had lots of flavor. The crab cakes and sea trout entrees were perfect. This restaurant is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- We sat right in front of theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013We sat right in front of the fire and the waitress was always very near and attentive. The food was very good. It was very relaxing and romantic.Special Features:
- Inn was quaint but dated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Inn was quaint but dated. Food was good but menu was limited. Our waitress was attentive but matronly and stuffy. Not a great personality . Would not go back. It was our daughters birthday and there was nothing special for her even though I told the waitress.
- A very nice, charming settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012A very nice, charming setting and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Nice ambience...fantastic food! A little disappointed that it took us so long to be 'noticed' at the hostess station, although they were fairly busy. I finally approached a waitress so we could be seated. It also took our waitress awhile to approach us for our wine and food order. When she did, she apologized and service from there on out was great. They were out of the wine we selected. They they were out of scallops and striped bass (which is a mystery to me, as we were in Rock Hall - which is known for it's rock fish i.e. striped bass). This only left 4-5 other menus items to choose from. 3 of us ordered crab cakes which were outstanding and the 4th ordered soft shell crab which was also wonderfully prepared! Great desserts as well!Special Features:
- very good food -bring your walletrhondad715Dined on 8/10/2012Our server was very nice and attentive. She recommended the tuna which we shared the small order as an appetizer. It was FABULOUS! Seasoned perfectly and just seared on the outside. My husband and I would have been happy with that as a main course. I ordered the crab cakes. They were served with a couscous cake and a tomato bisque. The crab cakes were some of the best that I've ever had! The plate was painted with the tomato bisque which gave the the crab cakes a sweet and interesting flavor. I like cousecous, but didn't care much for the couscous cake. It was a little dry for my liking, My husband had the filet mignon and really enjoyed it. We shared the brownie dessert - we weren't very impressed with it. We probablySpecial Features:
- Great restaurant in Rock HalldmnfoodieDined on 7/28/2012Nice dinner. Limited menu. We ordered the filet mignon and the crab cakes. It was a little pricey but you get delicious food.Special Features:
- Great find in Rock Hall.lesnomadesVIPDined on 6/20/2012Great find in Rock Hall. Beautiful views, great food, and good service. A real treat.Special Features:
- Great food. Creative preparation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Great food. Creative preparation. Excellent use of seasoning and spices. Super presentation. An amazing place to find in an out-of-the-way place. However the staff were a bit cold. Wait person was competent but seemed impatient even though we were her only table (of six). But the maitre d' didn't even acknowledge us as we left let alone thank us or invite us back. Could use improvement in hospitality.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversary Dinner Was AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Everything about the Inn is awesome. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Food was incredible! In all of the years we have been going to the Eastern Shore, I have never found a place that was as comfortable as home, Until now. I am sure that we will be backSpecial Features:
- Beautiful location for dinner,jsuellDined on 5/19/2012Beautiful location for dinner, food was good but not great. The service made up for any lacking on the food side. A place for an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- A Must-Visit in Beautiful Rock HallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012Matt Whitehair, the young chef, is a genius with food. Plain and simple. The presentation is lovely, the meal is delicious. Every time. Matt always makes a visit to the dining room to greet his customers and to answer questions or just chat. What a terrific restaurant in a pretty setting!Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Worst service EVER! Went for Mother's Day and had a server who most definitely did not want to be there and took her anger out on the diners at our table. Food was not hot. No plans to return.