Osha Thai Embarcadero
4 Embarcadero Center, Street Level
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Osha Thai Embarcadero
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oshathai.com/4
- Phone: (415) 788-6742
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Lalita Souksamlane
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Drumm and Sacramento
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking Validated parking available in the Embarcadero 4 parking garage. Entrance off of Drumm Street. Street parking is available, although meters are enforced every day. Continue past the Hyatt Regency hotel and Four Embarcadero Center. Turn right on Clay Street on to the cobblestones and drive into the Four Embarcadero Center Parking Garage.
A word from Osha Thai Embarcadero
Thai food emphasizes balance of ingredient flavor, texture, and seasoning. Thai food is constantly evolving (remember chili peppers originally came from the Americas!). Osha Thai Embarcadero offers an escape from "carbon copy" Thai restaurant menus. Our goal to serve the Bay Area's most authentic traditional Thai, as well as modern riffs using local fresh ingredients and Thai sensibilities. We offer a seasonal menu that we update monthly. Besides delighting the discerning palate, our kitchen takes pride in sophisticated presentation. Our wine list is a labor of love. It is constantly updated with new, exciting selections that we personally like with our food. Lastly, our host and staff are eager to make your time with us a wonderful experience. Don't hesitate to ask for advice or special requests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osha Thai Embarcadero reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (37)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (18)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (16)romantic (14)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2014I have eaten at Osha thai many times before, for lunch and dinner. I went with a friend for his birthday dinner on Wednesday and the food was almost inedible. Everything was aggressively salty, and I am a fan of salty food. It was impossible to discern any flavors, only salt. The service was fair, but their was no offer to remake the dishes or remove the worst offenders from the check. No one seemed interested when we told them that the dishes were too salty to eat. Don't know if the kitchen has changes or it was an off night, but I would not go again.
- Amazing Thai!bpsmithDined on 11/15/2014I am blown away every time I visit Osha. The food is amazing, the ambiance is incredible, the location is unbeatable. I wish I could tell you what my favorite dish is, but I try something new each time, and each time I find a new favorite. Place can get packed quickly, but there is an awesome bar to help you forget about any wait. Highly, highly recommended if you want a memorable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014The hostess at this restaurant was terrible. After waiting in line to be seated she completely ignored me and then asked the people behind me if they had a reservation then sat then. When she finally acknolodges me I told her we had a reservation. She told me she could find it. I told her don't you need to ask my name first? I then proceeded to show her my name on her iPad. She said wait a minute, walked away and then came back and asked me if I had a reservation. She did the same thing once more. Finally she said we have your table ready. We stood to the side and waited. While we were waiting the other hostess came by greeted the people behind us and asked them if the would like a table, did not ask if they had a reservation and say them at the table we were told was for us. We then asked the hostess what happened and she told us they had a reservation so that is why they were seated (I started to wonder if we were on a hidden camera show). We finally started making our disappointment know and finally were seated. The service after that and food were pretty good, but the two hostesses made the experience terrible.
- Thai city favmslyseVIPDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful crab fried rice, creative and flavorful angry prawns. Restaurant decor is beautiful in every room. Outside seating has amazing ambiance and view, howerver is very tranquil. Service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stressful dinner night...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014The food was excellent! The Waitress was really impatient wich made us uncomfortable wanting to get out of the restaurant immediately!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPeggyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Celebrated my friend's birthday here. Started with appetizers: yummy duck rolls and crab rangoon (crispy crab & cream cheese wontons). Entrees: lemongrass sea bass, pad thai, and sides of asparagus & eggplant & tofu. Everything was excellent--large portions to share. Since neither one of us wanted "spicy", they nicely accommodated our wishes. Service was attentive in spite of a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly staff and very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2014I choose Osha Thai for a first date dinner. I was running late due to traffic on the 101. I called the restaurant and they moved the reservation back a half hour with no hesitation or complaint. They have a great bar, nice amibence and very good food - great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Gemmangezbien3VIPDined on 10/30/2014Enjoy this restaurant often. Good food and drinks. Upscale Thai with a down to earth feel.Special Features:
- Noisy but good foodSFdinerDined on 10/30/2014They are spacious so go for groups but if your want to have conversant with everyone in your group, don't get middle table. Decibel level seems quite high. Our waitress only came back yo check with us once. Thereafter we had wave down her colleagues for service like getting more rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great thai, great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/23/2014Good all around thai food, large portions, best possible location for public transit and view...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu choicesDCtoSFDined on 10/18/2014We were torn over several menu items but once we made selections the dishes were great. Pumpkin curry was very seasonal and had just enough heat, the honey duck was a little too fatty, but great flavors. We dined early on a Saturday and the noise level was elevated due to a few very loud children. Otherwise, the restaurant was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyVioletaDined on 10/14/2014A group of us had dinner this week, and although the ambiance and food were good, the noise level was so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other. We were just so thankful that Osha's did not turn on the music. One of my friends also loved the fact that Osha's validated 2 hours' parking at Embarcadero Center! A great time we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dishes and serviceEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent dishes and very attentive staff. The food was great and our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itYeahDined on 10/6/2014I love this place! My first time there was with my parents and it was amazing. The service was really good. The staff was attentive. They weren't hawking at us and coming every ten min to ask how we were doing. The food was really good. I went the second time and had an even better experience. The price is right for the food. The curries are amazing!Special Features:
- Band-aid FixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/23/2014Our lunch started out fine, apps were decent, and when our mains came, the server announced our dish as medium spicy pad thai. I told her that we had ordered spicy pad thai. She seemed puzzled and still started to set the dish down. I nicely mentioned again that we had ordered "spicy" pad thai. She went to the kitchen came back very quickly, and as we suspected she just dumped some chilis on top. We thought, let's give this a try. As we mixed the dish and started to eat, there was no heat in the dish at all, not even from the chilis she had tossed on top. Very disappointing.
- Delightful ExperienceFoodieKatDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious, and every dish artistically plated. Our server was cheerful and attentive. We sat near the kitchen which is normally distracting, but rather enjoyed watching plate after beautiful plate come out. I want to try everything on the menu!
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDgoodfoodloverVIPDined on 9/17/2014The service was outstanding, as was the food. Couldn't have asked for better!Special Features:
- Osha rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food, fast service, steps away from Hyatt. I love this place and I always take my friends here for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayHiggyDined on 9/5/2014First, just an FYI - the map on Open Table to the restaraunt isn't really the right location. After roaming around for about 30 minutes we finally found it. The food was okay. Definitely not overly impressed. The service was extremely rushed. The place wasn't even half full so there was no need to speed up the service. I barely chewed our appetizer and she was taking the plate away. Won't be going back.
- Just okayJoeAndVerseVIPDined on 8/29/2014This is the sweetest thai food I have ever had and I don't mean great. It's too sweet, where's the spice and flavor? Seems very different from real authentic Thai food. Anyway, the restaurant is nice and the service is pretty good. However, the food could be improved.Special Features:
- Noisy, but good foodFalconVIPDined on 8/21/2014Thai food with a difference. Noisy. Service was slow but friendly.
- Impressed and will be back!yolsgaardDined on 8/13/2014I had a business colleague from Brazil to entertain and was delighted to find such a nice place that had openings at the last minute. This guy was from Sao Paolo and was used to nice restaurants and food. I can't tell you how pleased I was that Osha met my requirements in every way. First of all, the service was terrific considering how crowded the place was. The food and wine were great. Brazilians like to linger over their food, so we appreciated not being rushed. Our favorite was the Tuna Tower. Pad Thai was good too.Special Features:
- Love the appetizer!NickVIPDined on 8/4/2014We had the scallop with bacon and oysters! They are yummy! :) The only downside in this experience was the lady that seated us in our table. Half of the restaurant isn't open so guests had to sit right next to each other when there are so many free spaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great PricesMargDined on 8/2/2014We were tired from a day on the bay and wanted good food at a comfortable place close to our hotel. We found it all at Osha Thai. The sea bass with bok choy was just right--perfectly flaky with excellent seasonings. I appreciated that couples sitting by the window could enjoy intimate dining while two tables away were 2 large family groups also enjoying the evening out. The noise level is super high yet we could hear each other just fine. We left at 8:45pm and the place felt like it was just getting rolling for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Food &Excellent Cocktail listNickVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love the table we were seated at(privacy, view). For appetizer we ordered frog legs.. amazing! The reduction, sweetness, tangy flavor.. all in there.Then we got some more food and cocktails.. definitely a money well spent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Osha Thai Embarcadero reviews archive.