Osha Thai 3rd Street
311 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Osha Thai 3rd Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oshathai.com/7/index.html
- Phone: 4158966742
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Su 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Lalita Souksamlane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: OshaThai Catering is a full service catering Company serving all of San Francisco. Whether an intimate or a lavish catering affair it is our aim to provide you with the utmost catering services, versatile menu choices, and culinary excellence.
A word from Osha Thai 3rd Street
Welcome to our 7th San Francisco location. Thai food emphasizes balance of ingredient flavor, texture, and seasoning and is constantly evolving (remember chili peppers originally came from the Americas!). We offer an escape from "carbon copy" Thai restaurant menus. Our goal to serve the Bay Area's most authentic traditional Thai, as well as modern riffs using local fresh ingredients and Thai sensibilities. We offer a seasonal menu that we update monthly; stop by to check it out. Besides delighting the discerning palate, our kitchen takes pride in sophisticated presentation. Our wine list is a labor of love. It is constantly updated with new, exciting selections that we personally like with our food. See our Wine PDF on the Menu page for a look at what kinds of wines we select. Come in to relax and remember our staff is eager to make your time with us a wonderful experience. Don't hesitate to ask for advice or special requests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
Osha Thai 3rd Street - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
Osha Thai 3rd Street reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (21)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (18)romantic (11)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Stay awaySacDentistDined on 10/18/2014We came here with a large group of people. Most staffers speak English as a second language. Service is slow. Food was a little too sweet. To top it off, we found a staple in one of our dishes.
- overallmimsDined on 10/14/2014The food is very good but the noise level is terribleI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeIlovethebestfoodonlyDined on 9/22/2014The food was delicious, and every dish artistically plate. Service was cheerful and attentive. We sat near the kitchen which is normally distracting, but rather enjoyed watching plate after beautiful plate come out. I want to try everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid thai foodchris398234Dined on 9/15/2014Solid Thai food-- it's decent, but it won't blow you away. But the ambiance and energy is what makes this place. It's just a great place for a date, or for a group. Big portions, solid food.Special Features:
- generally a great dining experiencesusanVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have come here and other Osha's regularly, and receive a solid, tasty meal. It's a little pricy for Thai food, but the quality never disappoints. I'm writing a review because we were looking for something new on the menu and ordered a lobster dish for about $28. The sauce had a good flavor, but the meat was really tough - nearly inedible. For other diners, don't bother with the lobster. Everything else so far, green light. Enjoy~
- Private RoomBivaVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had a business dinner for 18 people in the private room. They were so accomodating, the food was amazing and the service was good. We were a big group so I was hoping they kept the drinks coming faster but, other than that, the event was amazing! Will go back. And that event room is beautiful!!Special Features:
- Good Thai in SoMaHybridDined on 8/31/2014It's especially nice to have an option on the weekend in this part of town, which is business hours only heavy. Objectively, there is better Thai food to be had, but you'd have to really search for it and it wouldn't be near this part of town (not that I know of that is). I especially like that they are not shy with spicy heat levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbw1VIPDined on 8/31/2014An almost empty restaurant and still the service was not up to par
- Always an enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014I'm familiar with all of the Osha Thai restaurants in San Francisco, but enjoy this location the most because of the quality of the food and the atmosphere. The service is attentive, there is a nice wine list and interesting cocktails, and a fun bar and a gorgeous private dining room. Kitty, the manager, is especially gracious and is my go-to hostess for a special event. On the menu, I especially enjoy the Volcanic Beef, wok fried flank steak with basil, bell pepper and topped with onion rings, the Osha Fresh Spring Rolls (no better ones to be found IMHO), and the Long Beach Prawns. There are usually some nice lamb dishes as well. Finally, the mango with sticky rice is delicious and its presentation is a work of art. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Felt rushedVHung08VIPDined on 8/14/2014Not sure why but the wait staff kept coming over to move us along in our meal. There was no wait for a table as the place was half empty but they weren't closed yet so why rush your customers? I only come back here because it's convenient and has decent food but I'm a bit disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for office eventsSujitPalDined on 8/14/2014Osha is not too far from our office so a lot of our group events (welcome and farewell parties for employees, birthdays, etc) are held here. The nice thing about this place is that they have the room to accommodate large parties in the middle of San Francisco where space is usually hard to find. In this particular case, we had 18 people, and I booked one day ahead through OpenTable. The hostess called me back to confirm the morning of the party, and they opened up their private room for our party. The food is good (the 3-course lunch combo is a good deal, although the food may be too much for small eaters) and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Fabulous place to goIlovethebestfoodonlyDined on 8/12/2014I love this OSHA Thai spot! It's great for gatherings and group lounging for party reservations in the back semi-hidden area! Service is fabulous! Drinks are of an umph and with the combination of their delicious Thai food, it is a perfect dining affair!Special Features:
- Diningwithkids5Dined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was very overpriced for how tiny the portions were. I ordered ginger beef and it was tough/chewy/full of gristle, which is completely unacceptable. Also I was planning to get the comfort food dish for my children, but the server recommended against it since it was "spicy". However, the dish he did recommend for the kids, which was not "spicy" according to him had quite a few super spicy chili peppers in it and was impossible for them to eat. I also made a reservation for 7 people but they had the table set for only 5. We had to ask for two more place settings, since they never brought them even after seeing that we had 7 in our group. They also never brought straws for children, even after we asked a couple of times.
- I love to eatPickyandchoosyDined on 8/4/2014My friend raved and raved about this place and then I saw the $$$ and got a little worried; I didnt want it to be a stuffy expensive place. But then we came in for dinner and the atmosphere was pretty casual and breezy. The dinner menu is actually pretty well priced. I got the most expensive item on the menu which was the Surf and Tuef and it was for ($38). The rest of the items are all under 25. Seriously though, the Kobe did not disappoint. The lobster was so freaking buttery and delish. Would come back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Good Food, Good ServicerenodeanVIPDined on 8/1/2014What more can you ask for? Hey, I love Thai Food and there are a lot of choices in San Francisco so I hope to try at least one different one every trip. This one was really good. I wouldn't say it's the best Thai food that I've had but it's very good and FAR from the worst but really good. I would definitely go back and eat here again.
- Nice service and good foodIlovethebestfoodonlyDined on 7/31/2014This place never fails... Superior service, servicing the Best dinners, desserts and drinks! Although tough to get seating, they always seem to squeeze us in and accommodate us. If fully booked, can always seat at the bar (having the availability of the entire menu)! Ton at the bar are the best! faves and our usual order: Bacon Scallop, Tuna Tower, Mango Prawns Salad and Volcanic Beef finish with chocolate soufflé, and Thai Ice Tea.Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014First time at this Osha and we have been patroning the one in Embarcadero for a long time. We were very disappointed in service (which included missing our open table reservation and had to write to complain). Overall, not going back to this one and I will stick with the better one in Embarcadero if I feel like returning to Osha.Special Features:
- Outstanding impecable establishmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014I am an event planning in the city and was planning a lovely wedding for a very sweet couple and their friends and family. Their friends and family have never been to San Francisco and I wanted to have a very special Welcome Dinner for them...so I decided to host their Bachelors/Welcome Dinner party at Osha Thai on 3rd Street. The staff is truly hospitality to the utmost fullest degree. The ambiance took everyone by surprise. The private room was tailored and customized to their needs. The pre-fixed dinner was not only delicious, but also presented to the most eloquent manner. I thoroughly enjoyed the level of attention that this establishment provides for any type of diners. I would absolutely recommend coming to Osha Thai on 3rd Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014Osha is one of my favorite restaurants in SF, and this one is the best. The food is great and everyone is really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findHuckleberryZenDined on 7/11/2014Ya know, I have walked by Osha a million times and finally decided to go in with my Girlfriend. The food was absolutely amazing. Drinks were great, as was the service. Highly recommend you try.Special Features:
- nothing excitingsfvisitorDined on 7/10/2014having lived in Asia, I am always looking for truly genuine Thai/fusion cuisine. Osha tries but falls well short
- good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Service was a bit slow, one order of food was lukewarm on arrival. Not the best experience, but will give them another chance.
- Double ServedKatieDined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious. I would've given the overall experience 4 stars if the service was better. The service wasn't bad in a traditional way. It was bad because our server AND the manager decided to wait on our table but clearly we're not communicating. The server would ask me if I wanted a refill on my wine, I said no, then the manager,20 seconds later, would ask me the same question. We got the dessert menus to look at, the server took them away when we asked for the bill, then the manager asked us if we wanted to see dessert menus?! Really?? It was very distracting. I understand it was a slow night but jeez there had to of been something more poductive he could've been doing. My suggestion would be to try a different location.
- UghSFDA680VIPDined on 7/3/2014I really want to like Osha...but I've had good food but terrible service for the last time here. Slow, brought the wrong food, etc.
- amazing food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/26/2014If you are a Thai food lover or would like to try something different, this is the most amazing place to go, the place is a little bit expensive but it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Osha Thai 3rd Street reviews archive.
- Sadly disappointingHarveyClanVIPDined on 6/20/2014We've eaten at various Osha Thai restaurants in the City and our expectations are not ever super high given that it has many replicated stores throughout SF. But the food is generally good. We ate for the first (and only) time at the 3rd St. location and were really disappointed. Two of us had the kobe beef salad... the beef was overcooked ruining it, and the greens it sat on were wilted and yellowing. Pretty yucky. One person had a lamb dish that was more appealing, however.
- good experiencecoolDined on 6/18/2014I've eaten at Osha Embarcadero before and this one was just as good. Great service and food. I would return in the future.Special Features:
- Go for the food and atmosphereMillymabVIPDined on 6/16/2014OSHA has expanded rapidly in SF. They have what, now, 7 locations? I've tried 2 other locales, this is my 3rd and most ambitious, as far as layout goes. The host and service is awful during the busy lunch time, but the food is awesome and brought pretty quickly when you can flag a waiter down to order it.Special Features:
- CarnivoreCarnivoreDined on 6/16/2014The Kurobuta Pork Belly was very tender and tasty. Slighly salty. Portion size was small, more appetizer size, and thus expensive. About US $20 fpr two finger length pieces of pork. The Pad Thai visually looked like any Pad Thai. Very noisy. Difficult to have a conversation during weekday lunch.
- Average Thai foodamcmahonDined on 6/14/2014Went here after reading reviews and must say that the food is average at best. My husband and I love Thai food and found this restaurant's food to be somewhat bland and simply not representative of the high quality Thai food that we are used to eating.Special Features:
- Curious about lunchtime trafficssomadronefDined on 5/28/2014Not down for eating here at dinner time ever again. We arrived at 9:15 pm (having a late dinner availability was nice) but still way too noisy to enjoy the restaurant. Food was tasty. If lunch is just as loud then we won't be going back here.