Osco! Restaurant – InterContinental Montreal
360, Saint-Antoine Street West
Montreal, QC H2Y 3X4Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Osco! Restaurant – InterContinental Montreal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oscorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5148478729x
- Hours of Operation:
7 days: From 6h30am to midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Mathieu Saunier
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Wine Tasting, Cooking classes, Olive oil tasting, Absinthe History presentation and tasting, Private Tapas tasting animation.
- Private Party Facilities: Rotonde : Salon privé situé dans la tourelle, pouvant accueillir jusqu'à 13 personnes (Installation technique fournie).
Bastide : Cuisine provençale privée parfaitement adaptée pour vos cocktails ou vos soupers.
La Fée verte : Atmosphère chaleureuse, décor aux couleurs chaudes, idéal pour des cocktails et réunions informelles.
Entre-deux: Section privée du restaurant pour des groupes allant jusqu`à 35 personnes. ///
Rotonde: Private round room for 13 guests including A.V installations Bastide: Private Provencal kitchen. Perfect for private cocktails and dinners.
Green Fairy lounge: Cozy atmosphere, elegant decor ideal for cocktails and unformal meeting. Fireplace and curtains on site.
Entre deux: Private section of the restaurant greeting groups of 35 guests.
Banquet Facilities: 18 well located meeting room greeting up to 350 seat down guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alex Gagnon 514-987-9900x
- Entertainment: Come discover the privacy of our Green Fairy Alcoves while enjoying an absinthe cocktail. In company of your guests, for a reception or a meal, let a mysterious, warm and intimate universe surprise you.
- Special Events: Chef's Menu named Ardoise with Provencal accents $26 or $35
- Cross Street: St-Pierre Street
- Public Transit: Square Victoria Station or Place D'armes station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: After 6:00pm = $6.00 in the CCM indoor parking, located on St-Antoine street, next to the InterContinental Montreal's main entrance. Valet parking is also available at the hotel.
A word from Osco! Restaurant – InterContinental Montreal
Osco! In the Provence of yore, this meant "bravo" or "very good." Imagine … your next gastronomic experience filled with lavender, virgin olive oil, fresh market ingredients, freshly baked crusty baguette and privately imported wines. Our new Provence-inspired brasserie will enchant your senses. Enjoy the pleasures of the table in our warm and sunny decor. Share the intimate company of your loved ones by reserving a private room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osco! Restaurant – InterContinental Montreal reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014My husband and I dined here on a weekday evening and loved it! Sylvain, our waiter was fantastic. The tapas food selections were all excellent as were the suggested wine pairings. One of our best meals in Montreal ever!Special Features:
- Bad servicejennyratorDined on 5/31/2014My friend and I ordered a "pre-fixed" menu: appetizer, a course, and a dessert. The appetizers came quickly, but the courses took a long time, for which the waiter apologized. My friends and I did not mind because we were catching up. After we finished our courses, we waited for our desserts, which took a long time to come. It took so long that the staff started cleaning the area up around us, hinting that we need to get out. Then the waiter came asking whether he can do anything else for us. I replied that we paid for dessert, but have not received it. The waiter came, dropped different desserts on our table (without even asking what we want) and left. He must have forgotten about our order and did not even apologize. Bad service!
- The following 49 reviews are from the Osco! Restaurant – InterContinental Montreal reviews archive.
- Agréablement surpris !LouismVIPDined on 5/8/2014Je ne savais pas à quoi m'attendre de ce resto d'hôtel mais la bouffe est excellente spécialement le risotto au lapin et le dessert et espresso compris dans la table d'hôte ! J'étais vraiment impressionné !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchcomingfromNYDined on 4/20/2014We came here for Easter Brunch. Fortunately we had a reservation or we would not have gotten in. Food was tasty and different than what we get in the U.S. Wish there had been labels by the food so we would have known what we were eating. Had lamb and salmon but wished there had been ham and roast beef. Liked the chocolate bar. Relative expensive $55 per person.Special Features:
- Disappointing!Dominique4Dined on 3/28/2014My husband and I wanted to try that restaurant since a while since it was in the Intercontinental which is a 5 stars well known hotel. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed! The service was no were near the service you would expect in a 5 stars hotel. and the food was even worst. Absolutely not worth the price. What a shame :(
- Belle découvertecarodesilecDined on 2/14/2014À cause du menu alléchant, j'ai acheté un coupon en décembre dernier pour Osco - restaurant dont je n'avais jamais entendu parlé. Ma soirée de couple a été extraordinaire! La plupart des plats ont surpassés nos attentes (comme l'osso buco de cerf et le risotto de merguez). Par contre, le tartare de saumon était très ordinaire parce qu'il y avait beaucoup trop d'ingrédients vinaigrés pour apprécier le poisson. Je recommande ce restaurant pour les couples ou les petits groupes qui cherchent un endroit spécial et haut de gamme, mais qui ne veulent pas se ruiner.Special Features:
- Great selection. IntimateBobbyDined on 1/18/2014Great selection. Intimate dining. A bit noisy from the bar.Special Features:
- Food was very good but selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Food was very good but selection for brunch was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service pourrijulienDined on 12/18/201315 minutes pour monter la table. Aucun service pendant le repas. Des verres non propres. Des portions qui varient du simple au double. Repas succulent. Je n'y retournerais pas avec des clients !
- Still good but . . .NorthernNeighbourDined on 12/7/2013It had been awhile since we visited this restaurant. The first few times we were there (some years ago) the food and service were outstanding and the view was great. While the restaurant still has a great view and ambience, we found the food and service have gone down a bit. Staff appeared to be pressed and the menu selections were so-so. That said, it is still a good place to go on a cold winter night, especially if one is staying in the Intercontinental Hotel and does not want to go out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, but poor serviceChoupsDined on 11/8/2013I went there with some friends and we were really looking forward to taste this mouth wathering food. The waitress was really nice until we ordered our food, and we got another waiter. Nobody offered us to see the wine menu...When we asked, the waiter simply looked at me like i was annoying him and asked what do we want. I was expecting a little bit more guidance in order to match my food with my wine. He finally decided to guide us, very quickly, brought the wine almost at the end of our supper and mixed up our orders... Besides that, the food was really amayzing and I hope that if I ever go back there, I am not served by the same waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemmariuchDined on 11/8/2013Old Montreal is synonymous for great restaurants, and so it came as no surprise that this restaurant be part of that elite group. We were there to try the tasting menu, and it was sooooooooo difficult to chose from the array of wonderful choices they were offering. Cheers to the Chef for his/her ingenuity and creativity in the masterpieces they created. We will definately be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable experience. IndoordaveDined on 10/22/2013An enjoyable experience. Indoor parking required us to 'dig down' 9 flights. Perhaps after 6:00 PM we could have taken one of the upper floor reserved spots but there was no-one to talk to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than serviceJaneannDined on 10/2/2013We were pleasantly surprised that the dinner menu was "small plates". The waiter guided us as to the right number of plates that we would need, and every choice we made was delicious. However, the waiter was not very attentive throughout the evening. We expected better service in a restaurant with good food and ambiance.Special Features:
- An easy going atmosphereDlbaDined on 9/7/2013My husband enjoyed a meal at Osco recently. It was good but not great. The service was good and the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ecellent tartar!csoumVIPDined on 8/14/2013Had their tartar of salmon which was excellent. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was looking for aquiet restsurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2013I was looking for aquiet restsurant...it is very quiet. The foood is very good, but very generic (the usual salmon, chicken, orbeef). It is a bit expensive for the quality, but overall it is very positive.
- Excellent service, great food,SadInVancouverDined on 2/14/2013Excellent service, great food, very nice surroundings. We will definitely return the next time we are in Montreal.
- Le poisson de mon invité etOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2013Le poisson de mon invité et le mien étaient cuits à la perfection : tendres et aromatiques. Il y a beaucoup de légumes dans l'assiette. Nous avons apprécié.Special Features:
- Not good, not bad - just ordinaryFrenchieVIPDined on 12/25/2012We went to Osco! for Christmas Dinner 2012 - a degustation meal that, to be honest, underdelivered somewhat, although i must admit it was quite reasonably priced. No specific complaints in terms of food, nothing was terrible - it's just that on the whole it was just plain average and i had expected better. The music though was terrible - they had a single guitarist/singer who was just too loud for the space - we could barely hear each other talk - and was not appropriate for the style of the venue. Would i go back? Yes, if this was in an outback town in Asia and i needed somewhere "safe" to eat, where i knew the food would be edible, and was happy to put up with something non-memorable.Special Features:
- Not organisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2012Our reservation was at 9PM but we were late and got their at 10pm. On the Intercontinental website it says the kitchen is open from 6:30am - 12:00am. We got their and quickly got a seat. The waiter placed the chefs special of the day board next to our table. After 15min we decided to take the Leg of Lamb with fries, my wife decided to take the Lobster and fish soup bowl and appetizers. 3 minutes later the waiter comes back and says the chefs don't have any of the chefs speciality and we needed to order something else from the menu. After 5 minutes of decided we told him what we wanted. He comes back after 5minutes and says the kitchen is closed and the chefs left so we would need to order the bar food (sandwiches and finger food. We Left.Special Features:
- We had a pretty good experience;OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/10/2012We had a pretty good experience; however, they were having computer difficulties that night and when it came time for our bill, it took a long time to produce it. Our waitress was very good overall, and helped us pick a delicious French wine that we really liked. She was clearly "rattled" by the computer failure which unfortunately took a little bit of the great experience away for us. But the food was yummy and the atmosphere was very nice, we had a table not right at the window, but near enough where we could look out and see the city. Most enjoyable dinner and I would recommend a meal here for sure.Special Features:
- The service was terrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2012The service was terrible, the waiter even worse,:(
- We had a lovely meal here. AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012We had a lovely meal here. A quiet spot tucked away in the hotel, and we appreciated not having to go out in the rain to find another place to dine. The rissoto and steak we ordered we excellent!Special Features:
- Tried new foods & loved them.moomanDined on 9/2/2012Tried new foods & loved them. Waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL & attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012WONDERFUL & attentive service from both the wait staff and hostess at our dinner. They went above & beyond to make our experience special. Superbly scrumptious meal!Special Features:
- Excellent Cuisine & Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2012We were in Montreal for the MTTS show the week of June 18th. This restaurant was recommended to us by one of the tour specialists employed by the conference. Osco was close to the Palais des Congres so we decided to give it a try. The food was exquisite. The service was impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- A nice place to find brunchNousVIPDined on 6/3/2012A nice place to find brunch in Montreal, not far from Old Montreal. Nicely prepared buffet with good products and main dishes brought to your table. Not the most extensive brunch, but with high standards and a nice view on the Jean-Paul Riopel Place.Special Features:
- An amazing place for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012An amazing place for business or romantic dinner. Very good and interesting daily Chef menu. Try It !Special Features:
- We went there for only oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2012We went there for only one reason and it was to try the "tatare de saumon" and it was AMAZING!!!! We will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Our Service was not the best from the waiter in that he seemed to completely forget about us! However, everyone else we came across was very friendly and helpful. I would chalk it up to a bad night on his part. Overall, it was good and a nice place.
- A nice special occasion atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Overall a very nice experience. The service was fantastic, with just the right balance of attentiveness without being intrusive. The food was very good, but not outstanding. At our table, the steak, lamb and salmon were all excellent, but the mussels could have had more flavor.Special Features:
- Nice quiet place, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2011Nice quiet place, food was very good, service excellent. A good place for a quiet conversation and relaxed dining.
- No character - no soulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2011A very average restaurant, with average to good food (the kitchen would gain from going easy on the salt!), nothing more, and no ambiance. Service was lukewarm, had no character and no soul, felt like we were being served by ghosts with no personality. A forgettable experience, and not particularly good value.
- Good mealdrobbinDined on 10/1/2011Good food, nice time. Not as good as Bonaparte was the next night. But a solid meal.
- Place is big, but restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2011Place is big, but restaurant was empty. The pictures on Osco's website make it look much cozier than it really is. Lacks character. Calamari was sub-par, duck magret was okay.
- Great restaruant. We wouldjdantotherescueDined on 8/10/2011Great restaruant. We would definitely go back, despite its sometimes spotty service. The waiter opened our bottle of wine, but forgot to pour it at all. Kind of funny, actually.Special Features:
- Suggest to go thereMonicaDined on 7/4/2011Compared with toronto's restaurant, theirs are so perfect. Especially the red wine from french and the snail cooked. Just inside of InterContinental Montreal Hotel, near the victoria square station. Price was cheap and Servie was so convinience. It should be one of the best montreal restaurant on the opentable website.Special Features:
- We were a party of 3 diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2011We were a party of 3 dining at Osco on a Saturday evening in early July. Catherine was our server-- she did a wonderful job explaining the menu and making recommendations. She helped to make the evening delightful. We chose the fixed price 'lobster festival' menu that I highly recommend. Superb preparation and good value-- even though it was not inexpensive.Special Features:
- The food and service wereSammyDined on 6/26/2011The food and service were great. Prices were reasonable. Overall dining experience was fantastic. Highly recommend this great restaurant.Special Features: