Oscar's - Waldorf Astoria New York
Waldorf Astoria New York
301 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Oscar's - Waldorf Astoria New York
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oscarsbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 2128721275
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 7:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 am - 11:30 am
Lunch A La Carte
Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Matt Schindler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Planning an event? Let Oscar's be your host for groups ranging from 10-100 people. Please call our Hospitality Sales Desk at (212)-872-1275 for more details on group bookings or email us.
- Cross Street: 50th Street and Lexington Avenue
- Public Transit: 6, E train to 51st Street Grand Central Terminal.
Oscar’s is just inside the Lexington Avenue entrance of the Waldorf Astoria(at the lower level of the hotel). No reservations are required.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking and valet service are also available. Motor Entrance for Valet Parking located on 50th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues
A word from Oscar's - Waldorf Astoria New York
Beyond-the-Expected Buffet in Casual Brasserie Comfort. Named for Oscar Tschirky, the maitre d' who defined the concept of epicurean public dining, Oscar's is the place to start the day right and recharge your weekend with Waldorf and American Classics. The restaurant is open for Breakfast on weekdays, breakfast and lunch on weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oscar's - Waldorf Astoria New York reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Unexpectedly noisylookingforeleganceDined on 10/12/2014The food and service were quite good. What I did not expect was the crowded and bustling atmosphere. I was hoping rather for a calm, relaxing elegance ambience.Special Features:
- Did not honour bookingTeganDined on 9/28/2014We booked this place 8 weeks in advance for our anniversary lunch. When we arrived we were ignored by the staff. Finally, we were told that the restaurant had accepted a last minute private party and they would not honour our booking. We were offered an alternative upstairs which was not suitable for the occasion. Despite having our contact details (and the irony that they used these to confirm the booking that morning) no one even did the courtesy of letting us know. Shameful customer service.
- Wow .. !!!WillyDined on 9/7/2014Brunch could not have been better. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding and courteous and the price was fair.Special Features:
- Great BrunchKevinDined on 9/6/2014Thoroughly elegant, enjoyable Saturday brunch! A nice way to start the weekend.Special Features:
- Excellent brunchFoodhunterVIPDined on 8/17/2014One of the best options of brunch in NYC. It was a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2GrandkidsdayoutDined on 8/3/2014Lunch was great! The wait staff very friendly and attentive to our group. Servings were more than expected. Over all an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid!freshfieldsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Waited 45 minutes for order to arrive only to discover the Ruben sandwich was uneatable. The plain pasta was OK, according to our 10 yr old granddaughter, and the hamburger, needed to be sent back as served raw. Don't know what took them so long as few people were there. Go elsewhere.
- over priced and under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014for some reason, oscar's management appear to believe that the name and history behind the name is enough to get away with serving cafeteria level food for the price of that of a 5 star restaurant. the waldorf salad was good and worth the $14, but i also had orange juice that tasted like it was typical juice from a bottle that they're charging for $7/glass and i had the eggs benedict with jumbo lump crab cakes that neither had jumbo lumps, nor the flavor or texture you'd expect for $36/plate. the crab cakes were under cooked, cool to the touch, and nothing but much when you put a fork into them. the eggs were watery and the bread was stale. i sent the plate back as i couldn't manage to choke down the second benedict. not recommended.
- Great Lobster Salads!JulieBDined on 7/5/2014Oscar's for lunch was delicious - the Caesar salad with lobster and the lobster salad itself both had very generous amounts of sweet lobster claw meat as well as fresh lettuce and vegetables. We met friends there and had a wonderful meal; the room was quiet so we could easily talk and catch up. Our server was friendly and helpful without being too solicitous. Additonially, a birthday dessert finished off a terrific afternoon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 206 reviews are from the Oscar's - Waldorf Astoria New York reviews archive.
- Breakfast Buffetluv2eatVIPDined on 6/8/2014Nice selection at the breakfast buffet. Attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2014Over priced for average food with poor service levels considering its a "waldorf" restaurant. I guess the brand has come down.
- out-of-townerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014met an long-time friend here for a business breakfast, remembered getting a great $16 waffle years ago. Only option this go around was a breakfast buffet, which ended up being $45 per person (they didn't advertise the price when we sat down). Tried to go the healthy route with an egg white omlette and some fruit, so the $45 pricetag seemed steep, even by NYC standards. Didn't want to make a big deal out of the cost in front of the client, but don't see taking a family of 4 here while on vacation.
- Well-Prepared Breakfast BuffetCVGJetGuyVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had the Sunday breakfast buffet at Oscar's. All offerings, from fruit and pastry to omelets were well-prepared and of good quality ingredients. The French toast and cheese blintzes are absolutely not to miss. The service was very friendly, personal, and attentive.Special Features:
- Defies image of New York attitudeDaveTowleVIPDined on 4/20/2014The servers and hosts and staff are always top notch, going above and beyond to make sure every special request and nuanced need is taken care of. Our waitress went so far as to insist we stock-up on desserts for later in the day. The hostess went out of her way the next day to get me a (free) cup of coffee, as these NY hotels don't provide coffee to their guests, like real ones do everywhere else in the world. DaveSpecial Features:
- Birthday breakfastDoyle73Dined on 4/13/2014I'm from England and I booked a table for my friends birthday on the website. We arrived an hour earlier than we had booked and they were happy to accommodate us. The food was beautiful and the eggs benedict cooked on request was perfect. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality left much toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Food quality left much to be desired. At these prices, expect specialty items, no soggy french toast, best cheese cuts, etc.
- Convenient brunchTarzansgirlVIPDined on 3/16/2014If the National across the street is full, or just plain LOUD, consider crossing the street and coming here. Terrific breakfast buffet and a la carte options, including Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. Good coffee and juices and prompt service.Special Features:
- Crab BenedictfitgirlVIPDined on 2/23/2014I am obsessed with eggs benedict at brunch....I decided to get the crab eggs benedict and my friend got the classic. They were both amazing! The crab was better than I could have imagined there was caviar on top and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance and atmosphere.MarkDined on 2/15/2014Excellent ambiance and atmosphere. A landmark that speaks for itself in the decor and elegance of the restaurant. Everyone should dine there at least once in their lifetime.Special Features:
- $112 for 2 plates of massReviewerDined on 2/11/2014$112 for 2 plates of mass scrambled eggs stuck on a small table by the kitchen is not just ridiculous, it's insulting
- NYC DiningCamifriendDined on 2/9/2014The atmosphere was relaxed, also very comfortable and elegant. We had the continental buffet which was fantastic and the food was beautifully displayed. The bagels and lox were perfect, we loved all the little pastries, fruits, juices and smoothies. Our waitress was most attentive without being intrusive. We had a great time, loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceShawndaJVIPDined on 2/2/2014Expected more from a Waldorf family property. Server acted like he couldn't understand everything we said and looked at us with this dumbfounded look on his face. Very insulting especially for what they charge for brunch. $45 for buffet? Very disappointed. The other restuarants in the hotel were top notch
- Poor Service, Big CafeteriaRobertVIPDined on 1/19/2014This may be in the Waldorf, but it is not the high-end restaurant you would expect. It is in essence the big cafeteria used for hotel guests who lack the knowledge of better restaurants in the city. The food quality is fine, though the prices are inflated and the service for us was pitiful. The Bull and Bear is a completely different experience compared to Oscar's.
- EXCELLENT FOOD BUT GET THEREmomoVIPDined on 1/12/2014EXCELLENT FOOD BUT GET THERE BEFORE THE BRUNCH IS OVER FOR A WIDER SELECTION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceAmy2456VIPDined on 1/12/2014The food was a wonderful plethora of brunch foods. Since we arrived close to brunch ending they kept the brunch service open a little longer to ensure we could eat longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2013not what i expected from a high end hotel like the waldorf. it felt more like a mid level diner experience or a continental breakfast at the courtyard inn. food was not impressive or remotely worth the $40. had a salad of shaved apple tossed in mayo sauce and salmon with rice. did not feel like it was anything special.Special Features:
- NOT AS GOOD AS EXPECTEDPLJWOLVESDined on 12/25/2013Don't think we will be going back there it was our first time there we thought it would be fairly good for Xmas day the starters where excellent if you like seafood which my wife does'nt our main course the food was not hot plus there was running out of things same as the sweets they did not stock up and some what was there with the heat lost it's appeal.Special Features:
- Disappointed in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2013Having show tickets Christmas night we decided to try the buffet at the hotel . For the cost (about $100 per person) it was truly disappointing. We ordered a Cabernrt which after a long wait they told us all the bottles were bad and grid to get us to buy Pinot which we really didn't want. The Prime Rib was tuff and Seafood mediocre. Didn't try a regular meal there but never another buffet.
- Christmas Lunch at the WaldorfOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Big expectations and to be fair the food was fine. The Hotel is very tired, especially Oscar's at the back. We could've eaten in any decent diner and you wouldn't have known the difference. Staff were pleasant enough but felt like cattle being pushed through and it definately didn't have a Christmas atmosphere. It was all OK but just that and missed the wow factor by some distance.
- Christmas DayMarmarDined on 12/25/2013The only thing that disappointed me about our Christmas Day lunch at the Waldorf was there was no Christmas atmosphere at all. There were no decorations on any tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas BrunchKentDined on 12/25/2013Ziggy - our waiter - made our day. great service and fun. The room was very tightly packed but still enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscars NY on Christmas DayDisappointedDined on 12/25/2013We had a breakfast booking for 9 on Christmas Day. The previous day we had received a confirmation email from Oscars, so we assumed we were expected. Upon arrival, there was no table ready, the restaurant was fully occupied and we were waiting for at least 30 minutes until they finally squeezed us onto a randomly arranged table, crowding out neighboring diners. The Christmas Day numbers were beyond their ability. Unacceptable!
- Christmas in New YorkTravelingLizzieDined on 12/24/2013For a filling, delicious brunch to start your walking adventure through the streets of New York, this is a nutritious and delicious way to get started. Despite the long line, the staff honored reservation times and did not make us wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all the way up to parRodneylrDined on 12/23/2013It was ok, very nice decor, but not sure I would book it again thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY BIRTHDAYIs13Dined on 12/22/2013The food's quality and variety is exceptional and I liked very much your service. That day I was celebrating my bithday with friends so I can say that I´d do it again if I would have the opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingSUSALVIPDined on 12/7/2013our server was totally disinterested in serving us....or anyone else for that matter. thank goodness the others didn't mind filling our water glasses....when he finally brought our food, he got the order wrong! over one hour wait for cold salads....and they were not correct. the food was actually very good once it came but by that time we were really miffed.
- Ok food...Mike3793Dined on 12/7/2013The buffet is good but there are other offerings in NYC that are equal especially at that price. Service was outstanding however. Very attentive. Not worth the money but we can always say we ate at the Waldorf...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your moneyBradRVIPDined on 12/1/2013This is a total waste for brunch... $44 for a mediocre brunch just to have brunch at the Waldorf. Unless you have the Waldorf on your bucket list, pass in this.
- DisappointingMissouridinerDined on 11/28/2013Over-priced compared to the other many options available in this area of NYC Thanksgiving Day. We stayed the week in NYC and dined at restaurants every day. Food was average, even for buffet style presentation. Not an experience to remember or talk about afterwards. Service was very attentive.
- Holiday TreatThrilledDined on 11/28/2013We recently visited from South Carolina. Had opportunity to dine at Oscar's twice for breakfast and also for Thanksgiving Day feast. It was FABULOUS all three times!! Staff were amazing!! Super friendly and provided excellent service. Food was fantastic!! Will most definitely come back on our next trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.