Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
1 S. Main St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oscarslv.com/
- Phone: (702) 386-7227
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff Martell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We love to do private events and banquets. We do not do off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Variety of private dining areas available, accommodating groups from 6 to 300. There is also a private working wine "cellar" that is available for parties of 4ppl-8ppl. Bring your coat, as the room is under 60 degrees!
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Llamas 7023862223x
- Entertainment: Calvin & James on Friday and Saturday nights at 7pm.
- Special Events: Specializing in events from 12ppl to 300ppl, Oscar's is a destination that no one will forget. Whether a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres, full dinner service, or a themed event, Oscar's is ideal for any occassion!
- Cross Street: Fremont St.
- Public Transit: The Strip & Downtown Express (SDX) bus stop is located 2 blocks from Oscar's at the intersection of Casino Center and the Fremont Street Experience.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is at the south entrance of the Plaza Hotel & Casino. We also offer a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time if you plan to use the shuttle. It is a five minute ride from Oscar's. Please notify the hostess when you arrive.
A word from Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Oscar's Steakhouse is located in the Plaza Hotel & Casino in the iconic dome (as seen in the movie CASINO). Featuring perfectly aged steaks, the best drinks in town and an atmosphere that truly makes it the 'Happiest Steakhouse in the Universe'. Oscar's offers COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time, and mention the shuttle to the hostess upon arrival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)scenic view (98)romantic (81)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (16)hot spot (14)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Our Steak was delicious and the service was excellent. We were looking forward to a nice view of the Fremont Street Experience but forget about that. If you like looking at the back of the Slotzilla zip line ride then it's ok but it almost completely blocks the view of the "experience".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food:)MargeLVDined on 11/15/2014The food was great. We had the 8 oz filet that was cooked perfectly with a side of amazing mac & cheese! We also had the "smaller" Carolyn cut prime rib that was plate size, with loaded baked potato! For dessert the crem brûlée was good but I like the sugar still warm on top, it as chilled. The berries give it good presentation and little extra burst of flavor. Fun atmosphere looking down on Fremont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobby the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014The booth we received had a perfect view of the strip. The staff was great. There was 1 person that stood above the rest and that was our waiter bobby. He was very personable and was top notch. We never ask to have a specific waiter but we will for sure on our next trip. My wife and I ordered filets and for the price the filets were reasonable The filets are just as good as the the ones you find for a higher priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscar'sDeniseDined on 11/14/2014Perfect place to celebrate special occasions. Service and food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning DinerMikeDined on 11/11/20142nd time at Oscar's. Food and service is as good or better than anywhere in Vegas. Love the location and the view. It will be a dinner there everytime we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outagsreviewforuDined on 11/11/2014This was a great find in downtown Vegas, the prices were moderate to high, but the food well worth the price. The prime rib was excellent, as were the filet and salmon. We also enjoyed the Cesar, chopped, and wedge salads, the portion of the wedge was ample for splitting. Our server was excellent, although I don't remember her name, she was the only remaining female. She was extremely friendly and gave us a quick history of the restaurant. The 4 of us all agreed we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceBruggeDeuceDined on 11/10/2014The second time I have dined at Oscar's and it has again been outstanding. I will dine here again. The view is spectacular. I love this place.Special Features:
- HawkDined on 11/9/2014Ray are waiter was excellent, food was great only thing that seems off is the wine prices, they don't need to be so high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ezdlDined on 11/9/2014Fun place to eat - local hot spot as it is former Mayor Goodman's place (good for people watching). Service was very good as was the food, but one of the best parts of the restaurant was the fabulous view overlooking Fremont Street...so glad we requested a table near the window. Nice place with reasonable prices...we will go back again.Special Features:
- Old Vegas upscale steakhouseamwildkyDined on 11/8/2014Great food,good wine list,would recommend to anyone the service was not as good as expected but everything else was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maggiDined on 11/7/2014I love Oscar's. Their food is great & service can't be beat. Everyone I have taken there says that they will return when they come back to town. My nephew that I took Fri said if he had to pick a good place to eat he couldn't have chosen a better place. He said it just was very relaxing & food was superb. He will be back in Jan & will go there again.Special Features:
- Lost CauseGLRVDined on 11/7/2014We visit Las Vegas monthly and Oscar's often. The ambiance has always been half of the reason to visit. We regularly take 2-4 friends with us. We were very upset by the LOUD lounge act at the bar which is only separated from the dining area by 15 feet and a sheer curtain. The noise level of the screeching "singer" and his karaoke singers was enough to keep us from being able to catch up on interests with our out of town friends. This totally ruined our expensive meal and visit. I approached the young man at the greeters station and told him how disappointed we were and that we would Never return. The food was wonderful, as expected. But there are many more good, expensive steak restaurants in Las Vegas and we shall be searching them out.
- Great food and Ambiancedm47Dined on 11/7/2014Easy way to have a good meal and get to the show at the smith center. Everyone was so nice and professional. I loved every second of it.Special Features:
- It was very averageNotAFoodieDined on 11/7/2014I had the bone-in ribeye special,it as good. My wife had the crab stuffed stuffed shrimp, and it was also just good. I can list at least 5 other spots in town that serve a better steak. I don't get out much, so I don't have a huge pool of reference to draw from either. Oscars wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't "Gotta come back" good, especially for the price. Besides the food, Oscar's is known for it's view, which wasn't bad, but your supposed to be able to see down Fremont street. You can't. The zipline platform blocks most of that. You can see pretty well down Main street, but the windows were a bit clouded and murky. And, this place was loud. The broads, which this place is also know for, stick to large groups, better chance for a big tip?
- Great Food - Service is far from itDispleasedDined on 11/5/2014This is my 3rd trip to Oscars. The 1st time-unbelievable, the 2nd-great, and this time was almost good. The food is excellent, but the service is not that good anymore. Oscars used to have the greatest view of the Fremont Street Experience, but they have installed a zip line, which all but obstructs most of the view. We arrived 5 minutes early for our reservation and were promptly seated and brought water. About two minutes later, a waiter came, dropped off menus and said he'd be back in a minute for a drink order. At 7:40, I went to the bar and bought our drinks and mentioned it to the bartender. The manager had no apology or offer of a drink/dessert or any compensation. Even for the great food, we won't return. Mr. G would just die!Special Features:
- High end at reasonable pricesGordTDined on 11/4/2014Food always good here. Disappointed they did not have oysters on the menu. Too bad that slotzilla thing has killed the view from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best filet mignonMBGSDined on 11/4/2014Absolutely the best filet mignon I have ever eaten. Literally could cut it with your fork. Will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedGT41Dined on 11/2/2014Service was bad, food came to fast and the cost of food was to high, for this experience.Special Features:
- LOVE OSCAR'SDanyelDined on 11/1/2014We don't go to the Smith Center without first having happy hour followed by dinner, drinks, and cigars at Oscar's! FREE shuttle to the Smith's Center, FREE shuttle back and an AMAZING time! Kudos to OSCAR'S we LOVE IT!!! (you must try the sweet potatoes/honey jalapeno dip) OMG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!OdellDined on 10/30/2014Not only was our waiter Bobby hilarious, but his recommendations were spot on! We started with the best calamari ever and onion/cheddar bread which is to die for. Our steaks were fabulous and the sides were large enough to share. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceSusieDined on 10/30/2014This was our second time at Oscar's. The food was great. The standout this time was the service. Bobbie was our waiter and he was outstanding! Knowledgeable, timely but not overbearing. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Dining at OscarssteakloverDined on 10/30/2014I really enjoyed my experience eating at Oscars. The service was great as was the food. It was a memorable evening.Special Features:
- LOVED!BeckyDined on 10/27/2014We were looking for a "back in the day" Downtown Vegas experience and this sure did it! The food,wine and service was amazing!!!!!Special Features:
- TravelerTravelerDined on 10/27/2014We made a point to dine at this restaurant not only because it received high reviews or that it was renowned for serving incredible steaks but it is also located in the historic part of Vegas. It has an incredible view of the original Vegas strip! The restaurant has an entire wall (floor-to-ceiling) of windows that looks out on the strip. Every table has a great view. My husband & I were given special attention since we were on our honeymoon and were seated at the mayor's table! The wait staff was personal and professionally knowledgeable about items on the menu. The cocktails were perfect and they were able to concoct one made to order. Dining at this restaurant was one of the highlights of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done Oscar!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014A colleague and I decided on Oscar's for dinner last Saturday night. This place is Vegas Baby! It has a fun schtick that is reminiscent of the good old days. Great food, excellent service and Vegas charm. It's worth the trip off the strip. Lenore was an excellent server. Extremely attentive. The piano bar served to provide the background to this classy joint. Well Done Oscar!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food & Live musicluvmochaDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food & romantic atmosphere with live music in the adjacent room to create wonderful background music. Waiter was a great resource for wine & portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscar's was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The exceptional Mac 'n Cheese was exceptional. The steak was good but I truly expected it to be exceptional too. My mom's steak was requested to be cooked "well" but was delivered "rare". We were on a tight schedule and could not wait for it to be re-cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever35Dined on 10/21/2014My favorite restaurant in Las Vegas. I have been there several times, and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-show dinnerGeeBeeDined on 10/21/2014Oscars never disappoints. The food is meat-centric but there are several non-beef entrees as well. The $18 three-side "deal" is a great option for a party of 2,3 or 4 people, plenty to share with your entrees. Now the zip lines are complete the view is a bit obstructed but still the Freemont Street canopy is a treat for the eyes while dining. Overall a great place for dinner pre-show at The Smith or a downtown hotel. Again, not cheap but reasonable for the whole "Oscar experience".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Blackened Salmon, Steaks and bread were excellent. The sides specifically potatoes au grattin and creamed spinash were disappointing! A friend had the potatoes au gratin and said it wasn't good and didn't eat it. I had the creamed spinach and it was barely warm and the cream part was to thick and over baring. Bobby our waiter was excellent. I highly recommend the blackened salmon, moist and nicely seasoned. I would go back, but would question the sides.Special Features:
- Special OccasionluvdiningoutDined on 10/19/2014We celebrated our anniversary here. We had good food and a good view. I was able to watch the light show on Freemont Street. I like coming here because I can get steak tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Vegas Restaurant Gempawpaw04Dined on 10/17/2014This visit was my first to Oscar's and it will not be my last! The service was over the top! The food quality and price ratio exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Oscar's to anyone seeking to avoid the overrated strip high end restaurants.Special Features:
- Thank yourcm6264Dined on 10/16/2014Everything was spot on. Could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don3684Dined on 10/15/2014Good service,good food, the prime rib was great and perfect. Calamari was tender and shrimp large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for DowntownTinaDined on 10/12/2014It was a nice restaurant and the service was really good. If you are looking for a nice place to eat in Downtown LV this is the place.Special Features:
- Prime Rib SpecialtyGreatMemoriesDined on 10/12/2014Since the mid 1980s I have brought my mother - who is now 90 years old to downtown Las Vegas Once we found Oscars (which is its new name), a trip would not be complete without an evening of Prime Rib while watching Fremont Street. Mom doesn't eat too much now, but she went to town on her plate of food which was a joy to see The staff has always been gracious and attentive - even though we are certainly not high rollers, we were treated like royalty We have never gone home with the cash we brought to gamble, but we have always taken with us great memories of the great meals we have enjoyed at Oscars!!Special Features:
- Our dinner was good.rockinrodinDined on 10/11/2014The restaurant is set up to see down Fremont Street Experience and that was fun. We celebrated my husband's birthday and they brought him a special desert. The prices are moderate. The waiter was curt and interested on running around to his tables. When we got the bill, he stood across from us and watched until we left the tip and as soon as we stood up and were walking away he grabbed the sleeve with the tip. I thought that was very rude and if this is to be a upscale restaurant, he needs some manners! Other than that, we had a good time.Special Features:
- OscarstomcDined on 10/10/2014Great atmosphere and steaks. Prime rib is spectacular. View of Fremont st is great.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good TimevegaslocalsVIPDined on 10/10/2014We are Vegas locals and we did enjoy our Anniversary dinner at Oscar's Steakhouse very much. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vegas Mustweluv2dineatsalvatoresDined on 10/10/2014Every time we go to Vegas we go to this restaurant, the food is great and the decor is so Vegas! Get a booth looking out onto Freemont Street - you will not only experience great service and food but the happenings on Freemont.Special Features: