Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Oscar's deserves oneIt's got the glitz and it isn't just skin deep. The food is excellent and presented with flare. Reasonable prices for a high price kind of joint. Excellent wine list, exotic cocktails. And hizhonor has an office behind the bar. Fab!5/14/2013 12:00:00 AMLoved it!Our table was situated so that we looked straight down Freemont Street. We were able to watch the shows on the "canoy" as we dinned which just added to our great experience. Food was great!5/14/2013 12:00:00 AMOver the top but not over done!My husband and I went to Oscars for dinner before a show at Smith Center.
I love Las Vegas & always been a big fan of our past & present mayors, I thought having a restaurant was a bit egocentric but like so many other great endeavors,this one is great.
location is at the Newly renovated Plaza, the dome really is a perfect venue for it. view of down town and the light show is perfect.
1) Attention to details
2) GREAT well made classic coctails
3) Amazing service. Frank our waiter was fun, informative & took great care of EVERY detail.
4) Timely. they asked us about our evening plans & were timely so we were not rushed.
5) Food was well prepared & presentation was simple & clean.
6) FREE Shuttle to & from the Smith center!5/14/2013 12:00:00 AMA Beautiful Intimate Celebration!I made this reservation to celebrate a special occasion and happened to make a note of it while doing so. We walked in to not only the best table in the house, but everyone we walked past congratulated the honoree. The food was amazing, the service impeccable. Oscar's brought together a memorable evening that will not soon be forgotten. We're locals, so we plan to make this our celebration central :))5/13/2013 12:00:00 AMPleasant Downtown experienceTired of the Strip scene, we decided to go downtown. Oscar's was recommended. Good choice. Food was excellent, martini and wine superb and the service was attentive, courteous but not imposing. An enjoyable evening.5/12/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat Food Large PortionsGreat Food, Huge "little" Prime Rib, Huge Sides, Cheap drinks Beautiful View Great Service!5/9/2013 12:00:00 AMFabulous foodService was impeccable, food was delicious and one of the better meals I've had in years. Loved the location at the end of Fremont. Would definitely come to this restaurant on my next trip to Vegas.5/6/2013 12:00:00 AMWonderful dinner spot! YouWonderful dinner spot! You cannot beat the view Oscar's has to offer and better still the food and service were top notch. We will definitely be adding Oscar's to our list of Vegas dinner favorites.5/3/2013 12:00:00 AMNice place. View of FremontNice place. View of Fremont Street Experience is great.5/3/2013 12:00:00 AMopen table reservationMade a reservation 3wks in advance to get near the window facing Freemont st. and put that in my reservation under the notes. The hostess then tried to sit me at a table as far away from the area is she could find and when I asked her about the reservation for near the table, she said they were all reserved. Guess I should have made the reservation a year in advance !! Well when I got the manager involved, he gave me a table right where I had asked to reserve earlier and made the experience a great one. So that you Chance for this, and this is why the 5 stars, because you made it right. as far as the hostesses are concerned. they need to pay better attention to open table reservation requests.5/3/2013 12:00:00 AMDinner on Fremont StreetFremont Street, Las Vegas, is very unique and this restaurant is a wonderful addition -- you can dine on a level above the street and view the wonderful show that they put on at night. It is quite a site. Loved the view and the food was very good.5/1/2013 12:00:00 AMUnbelievable. We are fromUnbelievable. We are from New Orleans so we are often dissapointed by the quality of food when we travel. However, Oscar's was not. Fantastic atmosphere and views, outstanding service and phenomenal food. Highly reccomend this joint to everyone visiting Vegas! The Lobster Bisque is a must get!4/28/2013 12:00:00 AMThe food and service was fabulous,The food and service was fabulous, the steak was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. We didn't enjoy the interruption from " a broad" thought the whole idea was pointless and intrusive on our dining experience.4/26/2013 12:00:00 AMenjoyed the restaurant-wouldenjoyed the restaurant-would definetly tell people to go there- great for downtown dining before the smith center4/26/2013 12:00:00 AMWe've had a lovely experience.We've had a lovely experience. Great server (Frank)4/23/2013 12:00:00 AMOscar's was awesome in everyOscar's was awesome in every way!! we loved it and that was our second time there. We would recommend it to any and all.4/21/2013 12:00:00 AMMy wife and I had been toMy wife and I had been to the restaurant several years ago, when it was under another name. This time was much better; the service was very good; attentive without being 'hovering'... and the steaks were the best we had eaten in a long while!!!! My wife had the Over the Top Oscar garnish and she said that could be a meal unto it self.4/20/2013 12:00:00 AMBirthday celebration deliveredOur waiter, Scott was excellent as he paid attention to the details but kept his sense of humor. Enjoyed our experience - thank you4/20/2013 12:00:00 AMJust by sheer luck I visitedJust by sheer luck I visited Oscar's last fall when I was in Vegas. It was fabulous. If you are entertaining customers, as most sales reps do in Vegas - Oscar's is the place. I often frequent Vic and Anthonys, Del Frisco's, Mortons, The Steakhouse at Circus Circus, as well as the overpriced Craft Steakhouse at MGM. I can honestly say, that even if the was the most expensive - it would have been the best. But, better yet - it is the least expensive of all of the finer dining establishments. I took two sets of clients to Oscars this week and both were amazed. Sadly, on my third night - out of convenience - I entertained at Craft at MGM. The total bill for 5 was double what my bill for 6 had been at Oscar's! It is awesome!4/19/2013 12:00:00 AMSo good we went. Back theSo good we went. Back the very next evening. That should say it all.4/18/2013 12:00:00 AMNice viewWe got a table that looked directly down the Fremont st experience. The view was excellent. Food was good and not crazy pricey.4/18/2013 12:00:00 AMCelebrated a friends birthdayCelebrated a friends birthday with a group of 4 couples. The food and service was outstanding. Beautiful place with a beautiful view.4/18/2013 12:00:00 AMExcellent service, view, andExcellent service, view, and location. Theme and costumes are good.4/17/2013 12:00:00 AMTook friends from out of townTook friends from out of town there it was a lovely experience. Thank you.4/17/2013 12:00:00 AMThis is the second time inThis is the second time in 6 months we've had dinner at your resturaunt we are average folks that save our money for vacation and spending 200 dollars not counting gratuity on a meal is rare so it means a lot to us that everything is acceptional the first time(Oct 2012)we ate at your resturaunt it was perfect. We returned for dinner on our wedding night and were treated first class until a large group was sat in our section then we became an afterthought the food was amazing the service was less than.4/16/2013 12:00:00 AMThe view of Fremont StreetThe view of Fremont Street was amazing! We will go back for the service, food and ambiance.4/15/2013 12:00:00 AMWe thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The steaks were very good and the wine recommendation was excellent. As locals we ofter shy away from downtown and the Strip but Oscars is definately on the return list.4/13/2013 12:00:00 AMA friend recommended the restaurantA friend recommended the restaurant and we really enjoyed it! The food was excellent and we loved our waiter Bobby and his helpers! It was fun to overlook the Fremont Street Area with all the lights. The "brauds" were alot of fun too! The only slight disappointment was that we were celebrating my sisters 50th birthday, which I mentioned in the Open table notes and again when I called to confirm that day, and there was nothing special that they did for it (no candle on dessert, etc). Not a deal breaker! I would definitely recommend Oscars!4/13/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat food with an evening view.Our meal was excellent and the wait staff was very attentative to our needs and requests.
The seating view down the strip at night is very recommended and entertaining.4/11/2013 12:00:00 AMBest beef and martinis inBest beef and martinis in town! And well-trained staff makes it a true pleasure to be waited on.4/11/2013 12:00:00 AMA great place in old downtownA great place in old downtown Las Vegas. Excellent service and food.4/10/2013 12:00:00 AMOur experience was wonderfulOur experience was wonderful from the view, to the food, to our server Scott, who was extremely competent, helpful and friendly.4/8/2013 12:00:00 AMOverall reviewThe ambiance was very nice. The city lights looked wonderful from our table. We were early and decided to sit at the bar. I did not like the fact that they could not transfer my bill from the bar to my table. They made me close out my tab, and than go to my table. The portions were generous sizes, but my steak that I ordered medium rare had a burned taste to it. I like char grilled, but this tasted like it was burnt. I told the waiter and he said that is the style of cooking. Our waiter was ok, but our buser did an amazing job. She never let our drinks get low, and my plates were cleared quickly.4/7/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat night outWas a great night all staff were friendly and knowledgable of the menu. The food was great and served hot4/7/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat restaurant in Downtown Vegas!This was our first visit to Oscar's and we took a visiting relative with us. Food was outstanding, and so was the wine recommendation!
We will be back!4/6/2013 12:00:00 AMI had the best prime rib II had the best prime rib I have ever tasted. Service was fantastic.4/6/2013 12:00:00 AMFood with a viewSecond dining experience here with new friends! Everyone enjoyed. No words for how good the food was!!!4/3/2013 12:00:00 AMWonderful Experience!!Amazing experience. Our waiter Ignacio was absolutely wonderful. We were here for our anniversary and the entire staff went out of their way to make it a memorable experience.4/3/2013 12:00:00 AMWonderful ambiance that overlooksWonderful ambiance that overlooks the very end of the Fremont Experience. Food is excellent even by steakhouse standards with the sidevdishes to match. If you want to impress the people you are with, bring them here as it is off the beaten path and will make you look like a vegas expert.4/2/2013 12:00:00 AMFirst Class!Perry and the crew did an excellent job....again. Thanks!4/2/2013 12:00:00 AMAfter enjoying their 4-6 PMAfter enjoying their 4-6 PM happy hour at the bar, we had an excellent dinner. The crab cake appetizer and the Alpine soup were outstanding. My filet and King crab entree was done properly, my wife enjoyed the fish special, a stuffed filet of sole.
This was our second time dining at Oscar's, we will be back!!3/28/2013 12:00:00 AMNorm & KathyWe heard about Oscars and made reservations for our group of eight a couple months ahead of time. We loved it. We got there early for Happy Hour. The waiters and showgirl were very friendly & entertaining. The food and theviews of "The Fremont Street Experience" from Oscars are fantastic! We had a great time & definitely would go back!3/27/2013 12:00:00 AMGreat find!Excellent food, service and what a view! We'll be back....soon!3/26/2013 12:00:00 AMWe had read about many steakhousesWe had read about many steakhouses in downtown Las Vegas. this one sounded a bit different. We were very happy with the service, food and ambiance of the hotel. The view of Fremont Street was an added bonus. We could not have asked for more.3/25/2013 12:00:00 AMBest steakhouse on FremontFood:
Calamari is an excellent appetizer. Very tender and with great dipping sauces. I also recommend the lobster bisque. Very flavourful and creamy without a fishy taste. Steak Spilotro was very tender and tasty with garlic right inside the steak. My wife's steak did come out rarer than she asked, but mine was perfect. The onion string appetizer is crispy and delicious with a very generous portion. The sweet potato wedges were very tasty and seasoned and cooked to perfection. The smashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. We also had the mac and cheese, which I ordered dubiously, that ended up being the best side of all. It was creamy with the pasta at the right tenderness and had a rich cheesy taste to it. Dessert was ok (tiramasu).3/25/2013 12:00:00 AMThe food was great; the viewThe food was great; the view of the Fremont Experience was fabulous! Our waiter was excellent. Over all it was a great night out. It was rather expensive, but no more than when you fine dine on the strip. It is definitely a treat to repeat.3/23/2013 12:00:00 AMThe view was spectacular.The view was spectacular. The steaks were very tasty and good. The service was excellent. WE will definitely come back and I have already told the people I work with to go. Thanks for a great romantic evening!3/23/2013 12:00:00 AMEnjoyed Ignacio the waiter.TheEnjoyed Ignacio the waiter.The ambience was very good. Will return.3/21/2013 12:00:00 AMHost, Jim was great. Waiter,Host, Jim was great. Waiter, was just a little off his game as was his assistant.3/17/2013 12:00:00 AMThe overview of Fremont StreetThe overview of Fremont Street on St. Patrick's day was magnificent.3/17/2013 12:00:00 AM