Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
1 S. Main St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oscarslv.com/
- Phone: 7023867227x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff Martell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We love to do private events and banquets. We do not do off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Variety of private dining areas available, accommodating groups from 6 to 300. There is also a private working wine "cellar" that is available for parties of 4ppl-8ppl. Bring your coat, as the room is under 60 degrees!
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Llamas 7023862223x
- Entertainment: Calvin & James on Friday and Saturday nights at 7pm.
- Special Events: Specializing in events from 12ppl to 300ppl, Oscar's is a destination that no one will forget. Whether a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres, full dinner service, or a themed event, Oscar's is ideal for any occassion!
- Cross Street: Fremont St.
- Public Transit: The Strip & Downtown Express (SDX) bus stop is located 2 blocks from Oscar's at the intersection of Casino Center and the Fremont Street Experience.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is at the south entrance of the Plaza Hotel & Casino. We also offer a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time if you plan to use the shuttle. It is a five minute ride from Oscar's. Please notify the hostess when you arrive.
A word from Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Oscar's Steakhouse is located in the Plaza Hotel & Casino in the iconic dome (as seen in the movie CASINO). Featuring perfectly aged steaks, the best drinks in town and an atmosphere that truly makes it the 'Happiest Steakhouse in the Universe'. Oscar's offers COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time, and mention the shuttle to the hostess upon arrival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)scenic view (94)romantic (71)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (34)notable wine list (26)neighborhood gem (25)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice placeactivecircaDined on 9/26/2014Had heard of this place for quite sometime. The view is beautiful the food was average. The Salmon was delicious!Special Features:
- Great restaurantGwenDined on 9/26/2014The food was delicious, service was impeccable, very friendly staff. We will be returning especially on the nights we go to the Smith Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food On FreemontCanadianTravellerDined on 9/24/2014We headed down to Freemont Street to check out Oscar's Steakhouse after seeing it on Anthony Bordain. It was everything you might find in a fine steakhouse. The ambiance was lovely, it was lovely and quiet yet vibrant and the food was outstanding. The service was simply amazing. You never want for anything from the fabulous staff. The restaurant has a fascinating history which your server will explain to you. You can see the light show down Freemont. Overall it was a fun evening. It's definitely not a budget visit, but you wouldn't expect that from a fine steakhouse. My only quibble would be finding a slightly smaller menu item. The portion sizes were huge for a small eater like my wife, but that may not be a problem for most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night at oscar'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014I loved everything about this place. It is an old school Vegas spot in an aging hotel/casino, but the restaurant is nicely furnished and maintained. For the quality and portion sizes, the food is an excellent value, and the drinks are well poured. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to venture off the strip for a nice night out.Special Features:
- Locals + GuestsLocalsPlusDined on 9/21/2014We came here for our out of town guests to get a taste of old Las Vegas. The food was fresh and well prepared. Servings were large, and we should have ordered less. Most entrees and appetizers can be shared. Bobby was our waiter, he was great, attentive and fun. He could of warned us about the large portions. The food was excellent all around. One guest who is an excellent cook, said it was the best pork chop ever in a restaurant. Crab cakes and everything else was quite yummy. We are local and will go back, and have been back many times. Love Oscar'sSpecial Features:
- Over ratednolaguyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service fine, view down Fremont blocked by zip line structure, and featured prime rib was bland and tough. Salt and horseradish sauce couldn't save. Disappointed relative to expectations
- luvnewplacesDined on 9/20/2014The service was good and the ambiance was very good. However, the prime rib that I ordered was not even of average quality. It was about 30% fat and had a lot of gristle on the meat. Or maybe, my steak knife was just super dull. The "broad" walking around was an interesting but unnecessary touch. My wife had the crab cakes and liked them very much. The other couple with us seemed to also enjoy their meals. So my review is mostly about my poor cut of prime rib. I have had much better prime rib at buffets in various hotels.
- Fun on Fremont streetOscarsDined on 9/19/2014Our group of 6 dined together at Oscar's this weekend. It was a nice respite to escape the crazy atmosphere on Fremont street. The food was excellent and served in generous portions. My crab cakes were fantastic! The prime rib was delicious and the mac and cheese side was so good!Special Features:
- Vegas GlamWick423VIPDined on 9/19/2014Dinner in the Dome at Oscar's was a fabulous experience... Their creed of Beef, Booze and Broads is dead on and beautifully done... With a scenic look of Fremont Street it's a great place to eat and enjoy e view. We actually had chicken, prime rib and salmon - a great array. Everything was cooked perfectly and seasoned delightfully. We enjoyed each bite so much our pants hurt around the waist! We would happily go back next time we're in town...Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningzekeDined on 9/19/2014Oscars was recommended to me by a relative. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. The food was superb and the service was wonderful. I would recommend to anyone visiting Las Vegas that it is something wonderful to try.Special Features:
- Downtown findRAMDfortleeDined on 9/18/2014Overlooks Fremont experience. Excellent 24 ounce bone in rib eye. Sweet potato wedges a must have side. Good value. Enjoyed it. Will recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Looking for MoreDiningExpertVIPDined on 9/10/2014Overall I rated Oscar's a 3 because the hotel in which Oscar's operates is VERY, very tired and needs an immediate update. I went with a friend who attended meetings I was at and he had Caroline's cut and I had the big cut of prime rib, bone in. We ordered one side dish of scalloped potatoes which had a nice amount of pepper and were flavourful but I think there may have been a bit too much salt. The midori sours we had were excellent as was the sourdough cheese bread. The beef however was a bit disappointing in that there was a lot of sinew and the taste just wasn't there. Mine with the bone in had a great deal of fat attached which could have made up 1/3 of the size of the meal. Fremont Experience would be the reason for returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!!QueeneeDined on 9/10/2014Had never tried before and were pleasantly surprised . Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at OscarsPaulDined on 9/1/2014Great food and service. All our trips there have been excellent. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Fremont St. viewPRosPRDined on 8/31/2014the best part of Oscar's is the Fremont St. view. it boasts food booze broads. there were no broads. i don't know where they were hiding. our waiter Bobby was very good at his job, accommodating and service-oriented. it is the restaurant of older male waiters. one has a disturbing pony tail and bangs with a portly paunch. the food was okay. the crab stuffed "jumbo" shrimp were not so jumbo, but the crab stuffing is delicious. i probably would not go back. we went on Saturday night, Labor Day weekend. most other venues were mobbed but not here.Special Features:
- would returnslmedartDined on 8/31/2014Although the service was aweful, the food, atmosphere, and view were great! Had filet mignon, which was like butter! The salad was ok. My drink sat empty for a good 15 minutes even though the servers walked by at least 5 times... I would have liked to take the mac and cheese with me but everything was quickly removed without asking if we wanted anything boxed. The manager did offer to adjust the bill, but i refused. I just left feeling like the server didn't want us there, or he was unhappy with our bill total... All in all, i will return if seated in a different section...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memory Lane at Oscars1BallDined on 8/31/2014Just what my wife and I expected when we made the reservations. We were seated at the window over looking the Fremont Street Experience. We ordered the Alpine Village Famous Chicken Supreme Soup as an appetizer and went back 30 years to another time. We then ordered the a Carolyn's Cut and a Oscar's Bone-In prime rib with sides. This was enough food for a family. Our service was excellent. Oscar's has great food with history if you ask and you need to. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebsDined on 8/30/2014We brought an out of town guest to experience the view of Fremont St from the dining room. We've been to Oscars a few times and it was always a good experience. The zip line now blocks the view. My Veal chop was horrible...my other two guests were ok with their dinner. pork chop and Spitrilo steak... Bar and Bartenders are great..great music...table service was good..had to wait a little long for the dinner.
- AverageLVboundDined on 8/30/2014The waiter was nice. We each ordered a prime rib (caroline cut). It was HUGE. We should have ordered one to split. It was a lot of food wasted. I would imagine most people dining there would be on vacation and not able to take left-overs home. The prime rib was alright. I've had better and actually expected better from the reviews I've read. There are too many other choices. We probably won't be back. I would actually pay more money and get a great cut of meat. Oh, and something must have spilled on the floor under the table. My foot kept sticking to the floor. There are many other options in Las Vegas.
- oscars does it rightphillygirlDined on 8/29/2014Cool & old school. Fantastic food. It's our go to place when visiting Las VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksMeatloverDined on 8/28/2014A real gem at the start of Freemont Street. A great single malt selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDickDined on 8/27/2014Dinner reservations were for 6:30. Food was great, service was exceptional. Had the Carolyn's Cut 18 oz. Prime Rib & my wife & son had the Sally's New York Strip 14 oz. (Prime). Cooked perfectly per our request. The "Clean Face" Onion Strings as a side & they were delicious. For dessert we had the the best Creme Brulee that I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great DiningUSNBMCDined on 8/25/2014Celebrated our daughter-in-laws birthday along with our grand-kids. Very special attention paid to us. The food is remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscars booze and broadsKelvisPresleyDined on 8/23/2014Had a good time with my wife at Oscars, the food was terrific and the ambiance was too. Loved the view of Downtown. The Snow crab legs were giant! All good with the staff and dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Service - outstanding; food - incredible; bar - wonderful. Just what we expect and receive every time we go to Oscars. Would Mr. Goodman settle for anything less than perfect for his establishment? We enjoy every dinner at Oscars!Special Features:
- Very Nice eveningJimmyBrewDined on 8/16/2014Dining was great, the only minor concern is the tractors and construction going on outside the restaurant impacting the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great m-f 4-6 happy hour.QwillDined on 8/16/2014Make a meal out of 50% off appetizers and drinks during the great happy hour. We went for dinner on a sat night had an 8 pm reservation and were seated right on time. Had a great meal filet w blue cheese and he had crab stuffed shrimp. Hung out in the bar a little after and listened to the band. Fun time, we will be back. We are locals se we can get downtown to enjoy this place pretty easilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLEODined on 8/14/2014Great food, great scotch, excellent service, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coolest Steakhouse in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great place for business dinners. Service is great, they will cater to your needs. Nice Vegas throw back eatery, if you like old Vegas style.Special Features:
- Best steaks in the cityAntcompDined on 8/11/2014For somewhere like Oscars, a relative newcomer in a mediocre hotel to be this delicious is nothing short of amazing! The fillet was the most buttery, most melt in your mouth delicious steak I've ever had in the past 20 years of dining in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesLocalTransplantDined on 8/10/2014This is one of my favorite places to celebrate special occassions. This time it was a birthday and it was great. The restaurant wasn't really busy on a Sunday night and we got a great seat. The food was delicious and the service is always good. Hint-the steaks are always rarer than you order them, but never the less-delicious.Special Features:
- AmazingthawkDined on 8/9/2014This place was quite a surprise for a downtown steak house. The ambiance is amazing and the service was wonderful. Steak was cooked to perfection and the crab cake appetizer was huge for $16...Big enough to eat as an entree! This was my second visit here & it lived up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about gemJenniepieDined on 8/8/2014Great place for business or romance. Vintage vibe music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on FreemontSeguinbearDined on 8/5/2014By far the best steakhouse on Freemont, and there are several good ones now. Price is reasonable, food is wonderful, and service is efficient and restrained.Special Features:
- Off the usual Vegas beat good foodjayjetDined on 8/2/2014After going to Vegas 48 times, it gets old going to the same places on the stip. Went with my sales staff after a trade show. Food was excellent. Right across the street from Feemont Street. The hotel it is in is old and smoky. Other than that, the food and service were great. Terrific steaks and even better side dishes. The best sweet potatoes I have ever had and the creamed corn dish were tops tooSpecial Features:
- PRIME RIBMEAL08022014OSCARSDined on 8/2/2014I WAS SO VERY DISSIPOINTED IN THE PRIME RIB. IT LOOKED AND TASTED LIKE IT WAS FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE. COLD DRY AND NO FLAVOR ALSO MEAT WAS NOT TENDER. I HAD BEEN TOLD HOW GREAT THE PRIME RIBS WAS AND IT WAS NOT. JUST NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM OSCARS.TOLD THE MANGER ABOUT THE MEAT AND HE WAS VERY PLEASENT AND DID NOT CHARGE FOR THE MEAL. THE REST OF THE FOOD WAS O.K BUT NOTHING TO WANT TO COME BACK FOR. WE ORDERD DRINKS FROM THE BAR VERY POOR NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. SORRY FOR THIS BUT SOMETHING REALLY WENT WRONG. ALSO THE TABLE ACROSS FROM US HAD COMPLANTS ABOUT THEIR MEAL ALSO TO THE MANAGER. MAYBE IT WAS JUST A BAD NIGHT FOR THEM AT OSCARS.Special Features:
- HangingvOutChuckDined on 8/2/2014This was my first visit to Oscar's. I was totally positively impressed. Great bar, great food and great broads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit priceyfamilyvacayDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the meal and service but felt that after ordering 2 dinner specials and 1 prime rib meal, our bill for $64 per steak special was not worth nearly twice what the prime rib cost $39Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.BenandKellyDined on 8/1/2014I'll definitely be back! The service, food, ambiance, view, just everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great View!SimpyDined on 7/29/2014I had requested that we sit near the window so I can show the view to my friend, who is new to Vegas. We got an awesome table, great food (salmon was tasty and a good portion), and wonderful service. Everything we tasted was great! I took my buddies there and probably should now take my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.