Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
1 S. Main St
Las Vegas, NV 89101Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oscarslv.com/
- Phone: 7023867227x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef Jeff Martell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We love to do private events and banquets. We do not do off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Variety of private dining areas available, accommodating groups from 6 to 300. There is also a private working wine "cellar" that is available for parties of 4ppl-8ppl. Bring your coat, as the room is under 60 degrees!
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Llamas 7023862223x
- Entertainment: Calvin & James on Friday and Saturday nights at 7pm.
- Special Events: Specializing in events from 12ppl to 300ppl, Oscar's is a destination that no one will forget. Whether a cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres, full dinner service, or a themed event, Oscar's is ideal for any occassion!
- Cross Street: Fremont St.
- Public Transit: The Strip & Downtown Express (SDX) bus stop is located 2 blocks from Oscar's at the intersection of Casino Center and the Fremont Street Experience.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is at the south entrance of the Plaza Hotel & Casino. We also offer a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time if you plan to use the shuttle. It is a five minute ride from Oscar's. Please notify the hostess when you arrive.
A word from Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino
Oscar's Steakhouse is located in the Plaza Hotel & Casino in the iconic dome (as seen in the movie CASINO). Featuring perfectly aged steaks, the best drinks in town and an atmosphere that truly makes it the 'Happiest Steakhouse in the Universe'. Oscar's offers COMPLIMENTARY shuttle service to and from the Smith Center on performance nights. Please allow yourself enough dining time, and mention the shuttle to the hostess upon arrival.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Oscar's Steakhouse at the Plaza Hotel & Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)scenic view (94)romantic (60)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (8)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- oscars does it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Cool & old school. Fantastic food. It's our go to place when visiting Las VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014A real gem at the start of Freemont Street. A great single malt selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDickDined on 8/27/2014Dinner reservations were for 6:30. Food was great, service was exceptional. Had the Carolyn's Cut 18 oz. Prime Rib & my wife & son had the Sally's New York Strip 14 oz. (Prime). Cooked perfectly per our request. The "Clean Face" Onion Strings as a side & they were delicious. For dessert we had the the best Creme Brulee that I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Celebrated our daughter-in-laws birthday along with our grand-kids. Very special attention paid to us. The food is remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Service - outstanding; food - incredible; bar - wonderful. Just what we expect and receive every time we go to Oscars. Would Mr. Goodman settle for anything less than perfect for his establishment? We enjoy every dinner at Oscars!Special Features:
- Very Nice eveningJimmyBrewDined on 8/16/2014Dining was great, the only minor concern is the tractors and construction going on outside the restaurant impacting the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great m-f 4-6 happy hour.QwillDined on 8/16/2014Make a meal out of 50% off appetizers and drinks during the great happy hour. We went for dinner on a sat night had an 8 pm reservation and were seated right on time. Had a great meal filet w blue cheese and he had crab stuffed shrimp. Hung out in the bar a little after and listened to the band. Fun time, we will be back. We are locals se we can get downtown to enjoy this place pretty easilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coolest Steakhouse in VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014Great place for business dinners. Service is great, they will cater to your needs. Nice Vegas throw back eatery, if you like old Vegas style.Special Features:
- Best steaks in the cityAntcompDined on 8/11/2014For somewhere like Oscars, a relative newcomer in a mediocre hotel to be this delicious is nothing short of amazing! The fillet was the most buttery, most melt in your mouth delicious steak I've ever had in the past 20 years of dining in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesLocalTransplantDined on 8/10/2014This is one of my favorite places to celebrate special occassions. This time it was a birthday and it was great. The restaurant wasn't really busy on a Sunday night and we got a great seat. The food was delicious and the service is always good. Hint-the steaks are always rarer than you order them, but never the less-delicious.Special Features:
- AmazingthawkDined on 8/9/2014This place was quite a surprise for a downtown steak house. The ambiance is amazing and the service was wonderful. Steak was cooked to perfection and the crab cake appetizer was huge for $16...Big enough to eat as an entree! This was my second visit here & it lived up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about gemJenniepieDined on 8/8/2014Great place for business or romance. Vintage vibe music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WyoJoeDined on 8/6/2014We went to Oscar's for our wedding anniversary, had an excellant dinner and were treated like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on FreemontSeguinbearDined on 8/5/2014By far the best steakhouse on Freemont, and there are several good ones now. Price is reasonable, food is wonderful, and service is efficient and restrained.Special Features:
- Off the usual Vegas beat good foodjayjetDined on 8/2/2014After going to Vegas 48 times, it gets old going to the same places on the stip. Went with my sales staff after a trade show. Food was excellent. Right across the street from Feemont Street. The hotel it is in is old and smoky. Other than that, the food and service were great. Terrific steaks and even better side dishes. The best sweet potatoes I have ever had and the creamed corn dish were tops tooSpecial Features:
- PRIME RIBMEAL08022014OSCARSDined on 8/2/2014I WAS SO VERY DISSIPOINTED IN THE PRIME RIB. IT LOOKED AND TASTED LIKE IT WAS FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE. COLD DRY AND NO FLAVOR ALSO MEAT WAS NOT TENDER. I HAD BEEN TOLD HOW GREAT THE PRIME RIBS WAS AND IT WAS NOT. JUST NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM OSCARS.TOLD THE MANGER ABOUT THE MEAT AND HE WAS VERY PLEASENT AND DID NOT CHARGE FOR THE MEAL. THE REST OF THE FOOD WAS O.K BUT NOTHING TO WANT TO COME BACK FOR. WE ORDERD DRINKS FROM THE BAR VERY POOR NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. SORRY FOR THIS BUT SOMETHING REALLY WENT WRONG. ALSO THE TABLE ACROSS FROM US HAD COMPLANTS ABOUT THEIR MEAL ALSO TO THE MANAGER. MAYBE IT WAS JUST A BAD NIGHT FOR THEM AT OSCARS.Special Features:
- HangingvOutChuckDined on 8/2/2014This was my first visit to Oscar's. I was totally positively impressed. Great bar, great food and great broads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit priceyfamilyvacayDined on 8/1/2014Enjoyed the meal and service but felt that after ordering 2 dinner specials and 1 prime rib meal, our bill for $64 per steak special was not worth nearly twice what the prime rib cost $39Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.BenandKellyDined on 8/1/2014I'll definitely be back! The service, food, ambiance, view, just everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great View!SimpyDined on 7/29/2014I had requested that we sit near the window so I can show the view to my friend, who is new to Vegas. We got an awesome table, great food (salmon was tasty and a good portion), and wonderful service. Everything we tasted was great! I took my buddies there and probably should now take my wife!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic old Las VegasMadameLDined on 7/28/2014Went with a group of 6 and had the best seat in the house. Almost everyone had the strip steak, and it was great. The Mac & cheese is amazing, order more than 1! The pork chops were the bomb. Bobby was our server & he's been in Vegas since 1967,,,, just ask him. Spectacular view, and it is quiet enough to actually have a conversation and enjoy it. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, albeit expensive, restaurantdavekvDined on 7/27/2014the price is enough to make your eyes water but the quality of the food and the service were world class. we live in Vegas and took out fo town guests there for a special evening. We were not disappointed whatsoever. High quality steaks cooked to perfection and salmon that was perfectly made. Side dishes excellent, too.Special Features:
- Special occasion RestaurantPMPUTTRDined on 7/26/2014Great service, great view and great food. You get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGPenquinWolfDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time at Oscar's and we was very impressed. The food and service was very good. It was not that pricey. But as the old saying goes you get what you paid for. I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveAgoodSteak1Dined on 7/25/2014my pork chops were wonderful however my wifes steak was almost moving when I tried to the table she prefers well done. When they came back it was like a charcoal brick.they did take care of both our dinners which was nice. The band was way too loud for a small room in a nice restaurant. Overall will be back I think we'll give it another try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tough prime rib & rude waitressdisappointedDined on 7/24/20141st Oscar cut prime rib difficult to cut and chew. 2nd replacement the same. The waitress came with a take along box while I was struggling with the meat and removed it without asking me. My fork was on the plate and when I tried to grab it she said "no, I need it". My daughter gave me a fork to eat my smashed potatoes. No one came to inquire. No one apologized.
- Excellent service, food & ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Oscar's Steakhouse is a wonderful place that has fantastic food, great service and great views in the tradition of Las Vegas class! Arnold Stalk PhDSpecial Features:
- Special celebrationsHungryInVegasDined on 7/15/2014We were showing our son from Chicago that Vegas has more than the strip. Oscar's was a hit. This was our 25th wedding anniversary and his 54th birthday. Do the math. We missed the hostess visit we had last time we dined there. But, the waiters more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!thawkDined on 7/12/2014Had 8:00 reservations on Saturday night. We were seated right away. The view of Fremont St. was impressive even though it was blocked a little by the zip line. Service was great the whole night....very attentive. Started with calamari. It was cooked well but had a lot of breading on it...too much for our taste. For dinner, my husband had a filet and au gratin potatoes which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the stuffed shrimp which was good aside from this weird thick sauce underneath it....could have done without that. Overall it was pleasant and we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyvegasDined on 7/9/2014Food, specialty drinks, and service were great. Unfortunately the view has been diminished by the zipline installed on Fremont Street.Our waiter Ray was fun and accomodating. Steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscar's not so great viewmissdiner702Dined on 7/7/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here, looking for a place with an atmosphere and a view. The food was fantastic,more than either of us could both eat. The steaks were huge! So if you have an appetite for a steak the size of a roast, this is the place. Unfortunately, if you are coming here for the view of Fremont St. , it is blocked by a stage that they had built right in front of the Plaza. (at no fault of Oscars restaurant) We were really bummed about that, for that was the reason we chose to dine there. But over all it is a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Best steak in a great steak town!TujacsVIPDined on 7/6/2014Been to Oscar's several times and every trip is exceptional. Steaks are always great and the service is exceptional. ( I particularly like our most recent waiter Bobby.) Neighborhood is a little dicey but Oscar's itself is a cool, tasteful spot to have the best steak in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Good food limited menuMelanieDined on 7/6/2014We looked at the menu prior to going but still when we got there the pickings were slim. Aside from that the food was great! The bone - in prime rib was.cooked perfect. The chicken with artichokes was really good too. Our daughter ordered the petite filet and loved it! We will be back! A little disappointed there weren't any showgirls walking around but oh well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great choice for pre-show meal at the Smith Center. Service is impeccable, food was amazing and atmosphere was truly "old school" Vegas. Our server talked to us about the show that evening and was conscientious of getting us served and on our way on time. There is a complimentary shuttle to the Smith Center which I recommend, much better than having to park on site. I think this will become our regular dinner spot prior to every show.Special Features:
- Second visit...still excellent!RonPatontheroadDined on 7/4/2014Made a point to bring friends here this year, as we were impressed last year by the food, service, and ambiance. Right on old strip, facing Freemont. At Plaza Hotel and Casino.Special Features:
- RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Great food with a romantic atmosphere. Our waiter was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantLuv2dineoutDined on 7/4/2014Restaurant is a lovely surprise in a downtown plain casino. Valet parking area is next to Greyhouse Bus station so not classiest entry. However, Excellent food and great service. Very generous portions. We like to share and our waiter was great In distinguishing between split (which has a cost) and share (which gives you an extra plate at no cost). They have the free shuttle to the Smith Center which is so convenient and makes it a lovely evening. Only negative is that it's a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodTravellerDined on 7/3/2014Excellent meal again. Great food, views and great value.Special Features:
- Old school VegasEatingYVRDined on 7/3/2014Saw Oscar's on Anthony Bourdain's "Part's Unknown" and had to try it for that old school Las Vegas ambiance the next time we were in town. Servings were enormous, and the waitstaff was efficient. We both had the prime rib, and on Bobby's advice (thanks!), we had the "smaller" cut--which was still huge. All in all, a great one-time experience, but I don't think we'll back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent service Food delicious. Way too expensive. Lousy viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.