Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek
14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Lane
Orlando, FL 33897Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/dining/oscars
- Phone: (407) 597-5500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast daily: 7:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oscar's
Oscar's features contemporary American breakfast and lunch in an elegantly casual setting. In addition, this American brasserie offers re-interpretations of classics from the original Waldorf=Astoria in New York City, like Waldorf Salad and Eggs Benedict. Delicious appetizers, wines by the glass, signature salads, and craft and micro-brewery beers are served from the bar. Indoor and covered patio seating available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oscar's reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food and decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014The quality of food was amazing. We made a reservation so we were seated right away. I kept having to wait for refills on drinks even though there weren't a lot of people, not a lot of staff.Special Features:
- DisappointingMannyVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is a very nice location, reasonably priced, nice decor and the food was pretty good. However the service was very poor and the restaurant was uncomfortably cold. The wait staff must have been overwhelmed even though they were not at capacity. We had to track down a waitress whenever we needed anything including water or bread. It took over two hours to get through our meal and most of the time was waiting for something.
- Went for a New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Went for a New Year's Eve dinner. The service was good and the hotel beautiful. The food was subpar. An ordinary buffet and 2 glasses of wine and 2 sodas were over $400. Probably the lowest value received per dollar spent ever. They charged 18% gratuity for a party of 4 (for a self service buffet !). The parking ticket is not validated, they give you a partial discount. Will never go back, nor recommend this place.
- just what we expectedlynneDined on 12/25/2013had a fabulous christmas dinner with our daughter at oscars-orlando. great variety with bountiful offerings of seafood,meat and vegetarian entrees. breads,accompaniments and desserts galore! nothing extravagant- festive enough for a holiday meal at very reasonable price! notable wine list. polished service as expected and delivered at any waldorf establishment. will continue visiting waldorf restaurants!Special Features:
- Christmas dinnerMSP2ATLVIPDined on 12/25/2013Good food, good service. This is what you expect for a holiday buffet style meal. Lots of choices, upscale hotel setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013Service was dreadful not worth the 18% gratuity fee. If we had the choice the tip would of been 5% this is what the service was truly worth. We ordered a second glass of wine with our main hot plate. We waited so long for the wine that our food was cold. Wine arrived after we finished our cold plate. Cheese, bread, carved meats, and salad bar were better than than the vegetables. Oh yes, he deserts we're good. The service staff were not attentive to the buffet tables by cleaning then up, replenishing food - overall just making then look attractive. Total bill for 4 with 4 glasses of wine, 4coffees, 1 bottle of water was $396.00 Would never go back and would never recommend this buffet for a holiday dinner.
- Good but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Went for a Thanksgiving buffett dinner. Overall the food was good with a great cheese and dessert table. However, they initially sat us near an outside door on a cold night. We asked to be moved and were. However, it was still somewhat could. They had carving stations however, the turkey and prime rib were precut and placed onto a plate under a warming light. The meats cooled off quickly and there was no stuffing to be found!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oscar'sfoodieDined on 11/28/2013The Orlando Waldort Astoria hotel is beautiful , however, the 2013 Thanksgiving buffet at Oscar's was small, set up more like a college cafeteria and did not look festive at all. The first seating at 5pm was already busy and the food had spilled over the serving dishes in the front of the buffet, making it look very messy. I expected more of the stuffing, maybe two or three different kinds, which is, for some people, the best part of the meal. The dishes were marked, but you could not really see what belonged to what. It was confusing for my guest who came from abroad to experience this Holiday for the first time. The martinis had to be returned by two people at the table, who said they tasted terrible!Special Features:
- Was not overly impressedsundaydinerDined on 10/27/2013The restaurant itself was not very intimate and the noise level was surprisingly loud. The food quality was ok but not what we expected for a high end hotel. The selection of items on the buffet were ordinary - nothing stood out as spectacular: the usual omelet station, basic scrambled eggs, basic bacon and sausage, ordinary potatoes. The fruit and pastry selections were good. The better choices were the fresh squeezed juice bar and the crepe station - but with just one person working this station, the wait was long. Service was great - very friendly staff. To see one child kicking an orange across the restaurant as if it were a soccer ball was a sad commentary on the lack of parental supervision so needed today.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, Ambiance OKSimpleTasteDined on 8/12/2013I went for brunch with friends and I can't say enough about how great the food was. We were torn between the buffet and the menu -- it all looked so good. In the end, we went with the menu and enjoyed every bite! If you go for brunch, prepare for a full-on food coma. I had the Huevos Ranchero tacos in plantain tortillas -- heaven dancing in my mouth!!! That said, I was surprised by the decor - it didn't match the elegance of the hotel or menu. Perhaps the decor (i.e. loud clashing colors, chairs that seemed very inexpensive) was due to the fact that there were many children there (not surprising given the proximity to Disney). The outside dining area was a little more elegant and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They took time to set up aThePapaDined on 8/11/2013They took time to set up a table for seven for our party and called us when the table was ready. We had the breakfast buffet and enjoyed the variety of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2013Great restaurant for breakfast. Excellent buffet, reasonably priced, wonderful service. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for a week and started each day at Oscar's. It was the highlight of our family dining experience each day. Without question Oscar's has the most consistently friendly and helpful staff of any restaurant we have had the pleasure of visiting. Oscar's and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando obviously put great emphasis and a high value on VERY friendly, sincere, competent and multilingual staff. Next time we're in Orlando, we will be back at the WA and Oscar's!Special Features:
- Oscar's ReviewAFPSMP16Dined on 5/19/2013The service was atrocious! I didn't expect this at all, after paying high price for a simple breakfast buffett, with a limited amount of food choices. You had to wait for sometime to get the food, because it took forever to get what was empty replinished. I expected a varied amount of breads, juices, and a wider selection of meats including cold cuts. Would not recommend it for breakfast at all!
- Excellent choice for brunchRisaFoodyVIPDined on 3/31/2013Elaborate but not extravagant brunch buffet - very fresh food, thoughtfully prepared - and great service. Whether with your sweetie or your family, the region's best choice.Special Features:
- Breakfast brunch EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/31/2013Very busy on Easter. A line even with reservation. Server was nice food plentiful. Not very festive for the holiday relative to other similar experiencesSpecial Features:
- NICE place for Breakfast/Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/22/2013A really impressive buffet breakfast! Loads of food choices and really loved the choices of fresh squeezed juices and homemade pop tarts! Pricey, but I think it was worth the extra $10 compared to the $22 breakfast buffet offerings at next doors Hilton Harvest Bistro which was jammed packed with vacationers and conventioners! Only improvement here at Oscar's would be a better omelet station.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast, Wonderful LocationBirdyVIPDined on 2/24/2013Oscar's is a fantastic place for breakfast! They have lots of fruit, great fresh juices, fantastic pastry - be sure to try the homemade pop tarts! The hot food selection is great, as is the charcuterie. The coffee is good and although it can be boisterious with all the kids around, it's a great spot. Staff was great and valet parking was $6 after validation.Special Features:
- Oscars is located within theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2012Oscars is located within the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Orlando on Disney Property. The restaurant along with the food presentation held true the the style and sophistication of The Waldorf Brand. We enjoyed Christmas Eve dinner here but I have also enjoyed the breakfast boffett of which both are wonderful.Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012The service was wonderful and attentive without being overly invasive. The food was presented well and the variety was fantastic. Everything was simply terrific, indulgent and so very tasty. Even the Chef made the rounds to make sure we were pleased with our meal. It's the Waldorf, you expect attention to detail and they certainly delivered it. Keep in mind that Oscar's only has these special meals occasionally for dinner service, otherwise for breakfast (and lunch I think). Check the Waldorf Orlando website for the next time Oscar's has dinner service planned - you won't regret it. -D, TampaSpecial Features:
- Being that is was ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Being that is was Thanksgiving evening, the restaurant was a little crowded and the service was a little slow but all in all a pleasant experienceSpecial Features:
- $122 for a really bad time for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Service was horrible for a much anticipated Thanksgiving Day dinner. Ruined the holiday for me and my family.Special Features:
- Great experience. We had breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2012Great experience. We had breakfast for my wife's birthday and had a good time.Special Features:
- Great service and staff thatyvrgirlVIPDined on 11/4/2012Great service and staff that work hard to make it right. Excellent options with a well stocked daily buffet $30/adult (imcludes coffee, tea, juice) that is rare to find as most buffets are weekend only. Lots of made to order stations such as crepes and omelets. Excellent cheese and meats and pastries selections. Very very good, as are a la carte options. Would be outstanding if had meat carving station for that price. Would recommend if you are tasting at the resort or even for a special brunch! Great hours.Special Features:
- Extensive continental breakfastpsinDined on 7/31/2012Extensive continental breakfast buffet! EXTENSIVE!!!
- This was an excellent BreakfastGerryCVIPDined on 7/7/2012This was an excellent Breakfast buffet. Unique was the crepes station.Special Features:
- Impeccable service, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/8/2012Impeccable service, delicious food, and a truly special dining experience...for just breakfast or lunch!Special Features:
- Needs ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2012The food was average and service was poor. I would expect a lot more from a restaurant at the Waldorf Astoria.Special Features:
- Great omelette and crepe stationsflowersDined on 2/19/2012Great omelette and crepe stations made to order. There are children at every table; however, I should have expected that in Orlando. Waitstaff is very attentive and courteous.Special Features:
- New Year's EveCEO1VIPDined on 12/31/2011I went here for the New Year's Eve buffet and was very disappointed with the food and service. I had eaten here on Thanksgiving and I thought it was great, so I came back for New Year's Eve. It cost almost twice as much as it did on Thanksgiving but the quality and choices on New Year's Eve were about half of what they were on Thanksgiving. Plates were not cleared and our silverware was never replaced. There was a pasta station and when I asked the pasta chef for pasta with a cream sauce for my daughter he instructed me to get some macaroni and cheese from the buffet line. The chef wasn't busy when I asked, I was the only one in line and there was no one waiting. I expected so much more from a restaurant at the Waldorf Astoria.
- It was a wonderful choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011It was a wonderful choice for our holiday meal with our family.Special Features:
- I would not recommend theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2011I would not recommend the Waldorf at Orlando...the food was overpriced as were the drinks..
- The Thanksgiving buffet wasAnnie13Dined on 11/24/2011The Thanksgiving buffet was very traditional and would recommend for the quality of the choices. However, service seemed to be a little off. We had higher expectations.
- Overall was a great firstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2011Overall was a great first try for Holiday Dinner (Restaurant is only open for Breakfast/Lunch daily).Special Features:
- Burnt my breakfast not onceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2011Burnt my breakfast not once - twice. ? Went to other places For 3 days same price as one.
- hotel was beautiful food atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011hotel was beautiful food at oscar's was great waiters were wonderful.Special Features:
- Pricey but it's what you wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2011Pricey but it's what you would expect for hotel dining. A la cart isn't worth the price so go for the buffet.
- Oscar's at the Waldorf=AstoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2011Oscar's at the Waldorf=Astoria Orlando is outstanding. The food was top notch, especially the pastries (they were actually homemade, and not out of the box). Service was among the best i've experienced. Will definitely dine here again. FYI: They do not validate self parking, only valet.Special Features:
- Service was very poor. OurAWRCharlotteVIPDined on 2/7/2011Service was very poor. Our waiter disappeared for 15 minutes at at time. It took 40 minutes for them to get our salads out.