Oscar's of Dublin
84 N. High St.
Dublin, OH 43017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oscar's of Dublin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hdrestaurants.com/oscars_dublin/
- Phone: 6147923424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Pat Klinker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Weather permitting, we have music on the patio on Wednesday evening and Saturday evening. Patio seating is available on a first come first serve basis.
A word from Oscar's of Dublin
Tucked in the north end of Historic Dublin, Oscar's is a full-service restaurant and wine bar, with a relaxed, rustic feel. Our specialty is good food and drink served right.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oscar's of Dublin reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (35)romantic (31)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (20)scenic view (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- disappointingfoodieDined on 9/26/2014we have been to oscars many times, but my husband's food (shrimp and grits) arrived cold. By the time his food reappeared...nearly 30 minutes later, I had finished my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patio destinationKarenInPowellDined on 9/26/2014My friend and I had a lovely luncheon on Oscar's street side patio. Friendly service, good food, and a few bees to give it a natural feel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, slow and inattentiveAwalker307Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant was beautiful, dinner was delicious but our server was simply awful. Our server was very slow to greet us we were seated for nearly 10 minutes before he came by. He was slow to get our drinks to us as well as everything else. He didn't come back to check on us at all. I honestly believe that it was because my husband and I appear to be very young. It was clear that this man did not want to wait on us. Very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patioRyansmommaDined on 9/19/2014Great outdoor dining! Good food selection! Have never had a bad meal. Service can be slow occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingly average!JenniKDined on 9/18/2014We sat outside. It was a beautiful night and our server was pretty good (available but non intrusive). It was noisier outside then expected (loud cars, kids) but that wasn't Oscar's fault. The food wasn't special. We had the cheese plate, filet and ribeye. The best thing about the food was the bread! Oh and the cheesecake was tasty. We were very excited to try a new place but I don't think we'll be back.Special Features:
- Impressed overallLJG1Dined on 9/16/2014We are from out of town & didn't have any familiarity with the restaurants in Dublin. We selected Oscars because it was one of the few Dublin restaurants that could accommodate a party of 8 at the last minute. It was excellent. Why it wasn't busier we all can't understand. Everything (food, drinks, menu diversity, service) was great. We request the owner open a location in a Phoenix so we can go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Sea bass dish is delicious! Everyone at the table ate every bite! Great wine menuSpecial Features:
- Dinner on the PatioSLV04Dined on 9/9/2014Good food and drinks on the patio - veal was a little chewy but other than that, fantastic flavor!Special Features:
- dark, quiet, good foodDianaDined on 9/9/2014dark, Quiet -good food - they need more variety on their menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexisDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoy eating out on the patio! The food & wine was wonderful Friday night....& the weather late in the evening made it all the better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableReliableDined on 8/30/2014We've never been disappointed at Oscar's. Ever. A nice selection, good service, well-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old favoriteLVGDFDVIPDined on 8/29/2014We've been going to Oscars for 25 years. It has always been a favorite but declined a touch until a year or two ago. Now back to normal.Special Features:
- Out of town findAFChicagoDined on 8/29/2014We had a wedding in the area and went on Open Table to find dinner for a night. Perfect weather. Outdoor dining. Very good food. The fried oyster appetizer was amazing. My walleye was very good. The veal was great. No complaints. Priced normally for that type of restaurant. A happy find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!flower1014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was fabulous and the service was outstanding! This was our first time dining at Oscar's and we will definitely be back and will recommend it to all of our friends!Special Features:
- Our go to place!foodiemomDined on 8/23/2014You can never go wrong with a night out at Oscars! Great food. Great service. Comfortable outdoor seating for warm weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTMitchVIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is alway consistent in quality, service and value. Even though I live in the New Albany area, I have no qualms about driving to the other side of town to eat at Oscar's. It is a consistent winner and well-priced....certainly a good value for the money and several notches above others that charge a much as 30-60% more for the same food, wine and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restaurantAnnie123Dined on 8/22/2014you can always count on good food and good service at Oscars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchCarolDined on 8/20/2014Our family had lunch here to celebrate 2 birthdays. The food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Good food. Sub par service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2014We went for our anniversary dinner Friday night. Our server, an older guy, seemed distracted & overwhelmed. He rushed us with all ordering & when he would ask any question like "how is everything" & "would you like dessert" he walked away before we could respond. The food and cocktails were delicious & we would definitely recommend this place. However, they should not schedule that server for busy nights. He didn't seem he could handle it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great but very noisy in side on a Friday Night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- al fresco dining experiencehgk335Dined on 8/14/2014We experienced a great evening of dining with friends from out of town Thursday night. Everything from the appetizers, wine list, main course, and overall ambiance made it a great evening. Thanks for another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobinDined on 8/9/2014Love eating outside . The food was really good the last 2 times we were their .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodCustomerDined on 8/9/2014We dined here for my Mother's 86 birthday on Saturday night and were very pleased. Each of our group of 6 commented on the exceptional food quality and taste; and the server was friendly, funny and attentive, without being intrusive. Seating at the round table near the front window was a plus for this group size. Would prefer more natural light though opening of the shades, but other than that, it was a perfect dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit Outside And Enjoy the FishDarylVIPDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant is "known for the walleye", which is good, but if you want a real treat try the sea bass with the mushroom risotto. We sat outside, and a few tables away from the road to reduce any potential noise. Our server was very helpful in aiding our selection among the myriad fish dishes, and we agree that the sea bass was the best among them. We skipped dessert as the menu didn't really appeal to us, and opted for more "liquid dessert" instead, which was fueled nicely from the wine list. The reason for the 3 stars vs. the 4 is the price for the entrees was a little higher than we expected, especially given the local competition of good restaurants.Special Features:
- The Walleye is a must!mrsgagne1Dined on 8/2/2014The dining at Oscars was awesome. We had the Walleye which is what they are known for. Another person had the crispy salmon and it was delicious. Then the last dish someone had was the pork loin. Everything was delicious. Their bread was so good as well. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dublin's BestfoodloverDined on 7/29/2014Oscar's is always enjoyable, the food and drinks never disappoint. It is perfect for a fun night out and a great business meeting spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, wine and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I have many food allergies and our server was so helpful! She checked with the chef, made alternate suggestions and even made sure she could find a dessert I could eat. It made the whole experience even more enjoyable. I would recommend everyone try this restaurant at least once, although I think you'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fareEatingoutDined on 7/25/2014Very pleasant meal, but the room became very noisy as the meal went forward. Realizing that it was restaurant week, we will try again. The meal was well paced and very tasty. Our waiter was efficient but observably very busy.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekFoodie4Dined on 7/23/2014We went during Restaurant Week. The menu selection was terrific, and the value was incredible. Oscar's never disappoints.Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 7/21/2014We were there for lunch so it was not too crowded. The service was very accommodating as we were taking our time and talking a lot. The food was excellent. The waiter, Ryan, split the bill for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014food was overprieced and not tasty Service was terrible Rushed dinner before even finished with salad Never asked if we wanted a nother drink Will not be going back to this restauranter
- Great Place to Entertain CustomersSteveVIPDined on 7/18/2014I frequently take reasonably large (6-8) groups of customers to Oscars. The ambiance, food and service are always very good. We will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Like it, definitely recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We love coming to Oscar's and have ever since it opened! We think the food is wonderful, and the service is wonderful, and always love sitting outside when available!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We do love the walleye at this restaurant. This particular evening the service was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014The service at Oscar's is absolutely wonderful. The wait staff is attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The menu has a good variety and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not Ireland, but. . .SeasaidhVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a lovely little town and the outdoor seating at Oscar's takes advantage of it. We split a very good beet salad and the walleye was fresh and delicious. The angel hair pasta looked very good too and next time I will definitely try to veal. Lots of good choices here.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014My first time to Oscar's. Food was fantastic and not incredibly expensive. It was a little louder in there than I expected, but the place was packed. Good place for a dinner date out with the spouse or a small group of friends, but not "overly romantic" if that's what you're looking for. We got great service, food came out fast and it was delicious. Can't ask for much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the patio2CelebrateDined on 6/28/2014Food was fabulous as always and the jazz duo added to a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencefirsttimeDined on 6/27/2014This was an anniversary dinner so we appreciated that we were not rushed to get in and out like most places. The food was very good and the service was attentive but not over done. There was good energy which made you feel that everyone was having a good time. Would definitely go back for dinner or a special occasionSpecial Features: