Osaka Japanese Cuisine
7511 W. Lake Mead
Las Vegas, NV 89128Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Osaka Japanese Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osakalasvegas.com/
- Phone: (702) 869-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cocktails, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Osaka Japanese Cuisine
In 1969 Sam and Aiko Nakanishi opened the first Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas and named it after their hometown, Osaka. Located just off the strip, it became a local favorite. Thirty years later their daughter Joy opened the Summerlin location spreading Las Vegas's favorite flavors of Japan to the newest part of town. Drawing on the well-established tradition of quality the restaurant was an immediate success. Please enjoy the multicultural experience she and her staff are proud to share.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osaka Japanese Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- very plainSydroosterDined on 11/16/2014just soso, there is not much to say. the food was ok, but nothing to write home about. had better before.Special Features:
- Birthday funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Took my nieces, who have never had Japanese. We sat at the tepanyaki (sp?) grill and they loved it. The chef had a cute routine and involved them with catching veggies and telling jokes. Joy is always a great hostess. The kids who are super picky ate everything prepared for them. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRiderCoachDined on 10/13/2014This is a very nice restaurant. Not sure why it wasn't more packed. The entrance was dark and uninviting. We arrived at 7:00 and no lights were on yet. So much so we weren't sure it was open. We mentioned this to our server. Food was excellent, as was the service. We loved the food and we eat sushi a lot. Price was in line with what we pay for Japanese food. We always get Sushi so can't comment on any other offerings. The fish was very fresh and well prepared. Establishment was clean. They even have the cooking tables where a chef prepares your order in front of you. While we didn't sit there we did notice that the chef did put on quite a nice presentation. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Favorite JapaneseMadyrocksDined on 8/30/2014The food is outstanding, the service impeccable, and the ambiance relaxed. NOTE: Cocktails are not so good because they are not adequately chilled; however, mix is fine. It's a lot of fun to dine hibachi style. The cooks all make the same jokes, but because they are predictable it is acceptable (i.e., see the egg roll) If you're going to dine hibachi, go later than earlier, and take some friends with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for CelebrationsCelebrationsDined on 8/13/2014We were there celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday. Service was great and the food was awesome. As always we order too much and ended up taking some home. The food is fresh and very tasty. A great find for a foody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS AND EXCELLENT SERVICEFOODLOVERDined on 8/7/2014I HAVE BEEN TO OKAKA MANY TIMES AND I MUST SAY THIS WAS THE BEST! IT WAS MY DAUGHTERS 21ST BIRTHDAY AND OUR WAITRESS JESS WAS OUTSTANDING. SHE OFFERED TO TAKE MY DAUGHTERS SURPRISE BIRTHDAY CAKE AND REFRIGERATED IT UNTIL AFTER DINNER. WE HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR GROUPON AND JESS WAS VERY HELPFUL. JESS WAS VERY ATTENTIVE TO OUR NEES AND MADE MY DAUGHTER FEEL VERY SPECIAL!!Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Osaka Japanese Cuisine reviews archive.
- BirthdayluvcookingtablesDined on 7/19/2014We went here for a romantic dinner for my husbands birthday. We sat at the cooking table and had the best cook ever he was great! Unfortunately the lobster we ordered was way below par for the price, everything else was great. The owner/manager was very helpful with our groupon coupon we had. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- disappointinghitimmDined on 7/6/2014I made this reservation under the incorrect assumption that Osaka on Sahara and this restaurant were the same company. We arrived on time. The restaurant was not particularly busy, but we were told to wait. It was very hot outside and we were all thirsty. We went to the bar, but nobody seemed to care we were there. A cold beer would have been nice at that point. After about 10 minutes, we were led to the Tepanyaki area. We were not offered a drink or anything else. The person who led us there left before we could say anything. All we had was a clipboard at each place with a lot of papers. After a few more minutes, I said told my wife I had a bad feeling about the place. She agreed. We-5 of us- left and went to Osaka on Sahara.
- got a callslmedartDined on 6/28/2014Someone called from the restaurant after i made the reservation (a saturday) to inform me they were closed that day.
- Amazing!Steven92791Dined on 6/17/2014Great restaurant, wonderful food, sushi was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osaka's food/service are fabulous!CandCDined on 6/13/2014My husband and I took our adult son and his girlfriend to Osaka's to celebrate Father's Day. They loved the food, service and food preparation as awesome, delicious and entertaining as we did. We love to dine at Osaka's and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Japanese food has always been my favorite and this place is one of the best. The food is always delicious, staff always friendly, and experience always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No access...TellMe2Dined on 5/18/2014Arrived at the restaurant at the correct and was told they have no access to OpenTable, so we had to wait one hour before we were seated. Not a good Birthday experience.
- Not a good Osaka experienceSandals840Dined on 5/11/2014I understand it was mothers day, which was why I made a reservation a day in advance. We were wanting an early dinner because we had plans with friends later that evening. Upon getting there it was 10 minutes before we were greeted by any staff. Upon that we were told that we would have to wait a few minutes as they were clearing tables. A few minutes ended up as 20. Once seated we had to wait for them to fill the rest of the table before ordering, another half hour. So 6pm reservation didn't order until 6:50 Another 30 until the chef was at the table. Our early dinner and plans were greatly derailed as for a 6pm dinner we didn't end up getting out of the restaurant until well after 8 causing us to cancel other plans for the evening.Special Features:
- Amazing, unpretentious sushiPutFoodHereVIPDined on 5/7/2014If you want a million sushi options, a fun atmosphere, all at amazing prices, and great service, then this is your spot. There are so many fancy-pants sushi places on the strip that'll rob you blind. I won't even consider them after visiting this place on my last business trip to Vegas. Definitely recommending and definitely returning!Special Features:
- Best birthday experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We took our 8 year old here for her birthday and she had one of the best times everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!timberVIPDined on 3/14/2014Our first visit and it absolutely won't be our last. Start to finish, really an amazing meal. Gyoza was great--not starchy, which is usually the problem but these were prepared perfectly. Osaka Ribs were great, shrimp tempura was exceptionally good--light and tender, California/Tempura/SOS rolls were all delicious. We did over-order, not knowing portion sizes, so wouldn't order all that food for just two people next time. Not sure what we'd skip, though, it was all great. Service--Jeremy--was really solid. Friendly, warm, and knowledgeable about the menu, he helped make the evening a fun first visit to Osaka for us. Atmosphere's a little lacking, I suppose--nothing fancy, but food/service more than make up for that. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMarchVIPDined on 2/24/2014Food was great. We both ordered Teppan special. Beef cooked so perfect delicious. Don't miss Sunday and Monday special. :-) Our server Jeremy was wonderful. After that, we went back on Tuesday for Happy Hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just an 'Ok' experienceNotsogreat1Dined on 2/21/2014I was simply not that impressed with the restaurant and our first visit. First of all, we were seated to a grill that had nobody seated. that would have been ok if we were greeted by someone to get us some cocktails but it was 10 min AFTER we were seated until anyone came over- really? Then over the next 30 min they filled up the area enough to start the show. $30 for a Fillet that really was just ok- not very exciting. The order in which the food came out was completely stupid. Fried rice- then the meat... then 5 min after the meat was served (and people done!) Oh, here are the vegies... Bottom line- even after 2/1 groupon, spent $100. Not worth it at all- sorry- just won't be back.Special Features:
- Late Valentine's DateBBBrrraaannndddyyyDined on 2/17/2014I wanted to eat somewhere new and fun. I ordered the haibachi chicken...yum! Awesome to watch the art of them cooking right at your table. It was amazing. My husband ordered shashimi. He has wanted that since we began dating and never had it. He was in Heaven. Our service from the staff was outstanding. We really don't have one complaint about it. It was a beautiful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014This teppanyaki restaurant was a nice little surprise for us to find. One draw back is the pricing of their menu items. The cook was very good and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsakaGlendaDined on 1/19/2014I booked through Open Table but they did not have our reservation so there was a delay in seating. Once before I had a reservation at another restaurant through Open Table, I went and then got a message from Open Table that I had not shown up for my reservation. Clearly there are some communication issues with Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Beats Out Avg AtmosphereVegasDVVIPDined on 1/8/2014These guys consistently deliver quality sushi rolls and sashimi at their sushi bar even though the restaurant decor is showing some age. Quality of hibachi table ingredients seem about average, but good for the reasonable prices, and always fun for small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDinnerdateDined on 1/4/2014The chef at our table was fun and our food was very good. I had the rib eye and it was tender and the fried rice was good. The staff was very attentive and the atmosphere made date night a great experience.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what it isSLVJRDined on 1/1/2014I had high hopes for Osaka, but I was disappointed. It wasn't a terrible meal, the service was ok but not attentive, but the prices are way too high for what you actually get. I would go back to Osaka only if they shave 1/4 or 1/3 off the price of everything because this isn't high end Summerlin cuisine. It's an "ok" restaurant that can't seem to come to grips with just being "ok".
- My FavoriteBulldogsDined on 12/5/2013We have been eating at Osaka since it first opened. The food is wonderful, the staff is the friendliest, and the chefs the best. We go for special occasions, i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, promotions. Love, love, love Osaka!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperienceHorribleDined on 9/22/2013We have two different groups that came in at the same time and using two different gift cards but the acting manager on duty was not willing to work with us until we decided to leave and already walking out the doors. She will not let us use both gift cards and if we wanted to use the gift card the entire group regardless they are using the gift card or no is forced to order from the regular menu.
- A Birthday Dinner Went Wrongnothappyatall2013Dined on 9/19/2013We had a 5:30pm reservation, didn't get seated until 6pm and the restaurant wasn't busy. We ordered our food and drinks. Our food came, a little later we decided to order more food and drinks. 20 mins later we asked the waitress about our drinks and she told us that they were out of that drink and never came back to ask us if we wanted something else and got our food order wrong. We will never come back there and we will not recommend this to any of our friends or anyone in that matter. NOT even if they gave us free food!