Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar
416 W Main St
Charlottesville, VA 22903Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.orzokitchen.com/
- Phone: 4349756796x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm,
Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Tommy Lasley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Orzo offers full service off-premise catering for weddings, as well as all social, corporate and political functions. Whatever you can envision, we can create. Please call and ask to speak with Ken about your next event.
- Special Events: Christmas Eve Dinner: 4 Courses for $50/person plus drinks, tax and gratuity.
New Year's Eve Dinner: 4 Courses for $50/person plus drinks, tax and gratuity.
A word from Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar
Recently Voted "Best Mediterranean Restaurant of C-Ville," Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar is committed to fostering relationships with local farmers in Central Virginia who grow and raise the ingredients that are sure to nourish and delight you. As our guest, you will not only be treated to the bounty and tradition of sustainable agriculture in this region, you will participate in ensuring its future.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Charlottesville ›
Orzo Kitchen & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (50)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (42)romantic (25)good for groups (16)great for lunch (16)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun ExperienceJOBAYDined on 9/27/2014We came here for a bachelorette weekend dinner. No one in our group was from the area. We had a great time and the food was fantastic. It is rare that with a large group every person's meal comes out hot but all of ours did! It is certainly not the place to dine if you want to only stay for an hour but the pace of the meal was great for conversation and cocktails.Special Features:
- Food is Fantastic!SueAnneDined on 9/27/2014This was our first trip to Charlottesville and we choose Orzo based on the reviews from Open Table. We were not disappointed. The food was fantastic! The service was first class! Wish we lived closer so that we could return more often. The only negative is that the tables are very close together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Took awhile to be seated due to no maître d. Once we were seated the service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another enjoyable dinnercalkauaigirlVIPDined on 9/26/2014Arrived to find the place was packed. The owner Ken was still calm and easy going, and we were seated promptly. Enjoyed the food and their well thought out wine list. Will be back.Special Features:
- Relaxed, fine fooddiningduoDined on 9/23/2014Great service, attentive to customer needs. Great choice and interesting flavors combined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great anniversary dinner spotjptncDined on 9/20/2014I knew about Orzo from my first visit to Charlottesville in February. I instantly enjoyed the farm to table approach, combined with a few great selection of wines and beers. So made sure to go for our anniversary dinner and again I was thrilled, and so was my wife. We really enjoyed the cold butchers plate. We would have stayed longer, if it weren't for an hour and a half ride back to our cabin. Great job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for all tastes!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our time there Saturday evening very much. There was a birthday in the party which was acknowledged with a menu that said Happy Birthday and a candle in the dessert of the particular person. Pretty cute! Half of our party dislikes onions and garlic and the chefs graciously prepared their meals to their liking. All four meals in the party were fabulous! Will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- TravelersDined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding. Our servers were extremely knowledgable about the food preparation and made excellent suggestions. We were also impressed by the attention to detail eg. Cleaning the table and new silverware between courses, and always refilling water glasses. Whenever we visit Charlottesville, this will be one of our stops.Special Features:
- RicoDined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic, the wine list was great and the service was excellent! Our first seating was upstairs and it was really cold. The staff quickly accommodated our request to relocate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Work LunchLtCarpDined on 9/2/2014Brought the office crew in for lunch and everyone enjoyed their meal tremendously. Don't like sitting next to the open door really, but everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- wonderful mealwinebotDined on 8/31/2014our second time there and a wonderful meal again. Kind hosts, great pasta and the chilled corn soup will leave you wanting to lick the bowl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 8/30/2014We mistakenly showed up for a 8:45 reservation at 7:45 (don't ask) and the owner/manager laughed and after rearranging a few tables, made a space for our party of 5 on a very busy Saturday night. We were so impressed with his attitude and willingness to work with us! Not withstanding, the food was excellent and the evening turned out to be delightful! We will certainly return (and hopefully, soon!).Special Features:
- Fabulous food!DiningmavenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Boy were we pleased with this place. Have been to many Charlottesville places in the last 4 years with our daughter a student there, and only came here as a "second choice"... but what a delightful surprise. Every single dish was a gem, interesting and carefully prepared, perfectly matching an interesting Spanish Chardonnay, and served with casual but very skillful professionalism. Octopus in the Virginia mountains, and prepared correctly, even elegantly. Convenient location with easy parking close the deal. Much to choose from, you won't go wrong.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014eh. i wouldn't return here. the pork chop was absolutely amazing but the salmon dish was really lackluster. the service was not good. very slow, took for-ever to get the bill..wouldn't return. there are too many other places that i prefer.
- FunSteamedPorkBunVIPDined on 8/25/2014I was just in town for two nights and stumbled into this place towards the end of the dinner hours. Really relaxed feel with nice, interesting people both behind the bar and at it. I had spaghetti with pork belly and corn and a nice smoky carbonara sauce. Good meal, and reasonably-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sounds exotic but not!cupcakegalVIPDined on 8/23/2014The interesting sounding on-line menu turned out to be quite bland for our party of 8. What was supposed to be cold corn chowder was in fact a very intense lime sauce. Although our server corrected this serving mistake and told us that we saved the whole restaurant from being served the wrong thing (we were early eve diners) she did nothing more to compensate. Of our 8 different entrees only the halibut dish was flavorful. Also entree serving sizes were small for the price! Our 2 appetizer, one a Heirloom Tomato Salad, other w Hullomi Cheese were quite tasty however several in party left restaurant still hungry. It was a very expensive dinner for one that did not satisfy appetites or engage palates! We will not return or recommend.
- No reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014nice as usual - this was a recruitment dinner and the gentleman was from UNC. He thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambience.Special Features:
- Food is consistently delicious.KathyDined on 8/18/2014This is a great restaurant. I have been eating here for years and it is my daughter's favorite restaurant. Great drinks, excellent wine list, diverse food options - all delicious. Creative comfort food as well as innovative dishes.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantVirginiavegetarianDined on 8/18/2014The service was attentive, the wine list has some gems, and the food is inventive without being overly fussy. Gluten free and vegan choices are always on the menu. The quality of the ingredients is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014we were here last Friday. The food was generally very good and service great. Only one member of our party really didn't like his food. It was the ravioli with capers on top.... the capers made it WAY too salty....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Best lemon vinegrette I have ever had. Great pasta and excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- Highly recommend OrzoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Whenever I think of celebrations or special gatherings, I think Orzo is the place to go. It has a great location, atmosphere and of course great menu and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairest of the FareDaisyDined on 8/12/2014Orzo's menu is innovative without being overly self-aware, pretentious, or too busy. Use of fresh, seasonal vegetables and flowers and locally sourced and sustainable meats is de rigueur these days, but the chefs at Orzo have a knack for updating comfort foods and fusing cuisines that is exciting and original. In fact the young chefs at Orzo are among the best in town. The front of the house is unerringly welcoming and the price point is reasonable--worth every penny. All of this, combined with a terrific wine list, good service, a well stocked bar and tasty drinks list, foodie destination location, ease of parking, and a comfortable, warm atmosphere amenable to large groups or intimate dates, make Orzo a gem.Special Features:
- My favoriteTravelerDined on 7/30/2014I live in a different state but I tell everyone Orzo's my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerbdaygalDined on 7/28/2014I have been coming to Orzo for years. Mostly I come for special occasions, like birthdays, due to it's cost. Orzo reawakens the taste buds from the usual fare. I came to Orzo for my birthday on Monday because I wanted to be at my favorite, special place. I enjoyed the food and the ambience.The appetizer of tomato, mozzarella and tomato was wonderful.The salmon dish was also very good and and a nice size portion. Dessert was the best. The waitress was quite friendly and efficient. I had a delightful birthday and did not feel rushed. I will continue to come to Orzo, maybe try lunchtime due to expense,Special Features:
- Great Food, Service And Wine Listmotti29Dined on 7/26/2014We visited Orzo for the first time during Restaurant Week and were very happy with our experience. Our server was knowledgeable and prompt, and the wine list was extensive with many choices at multiple price points. Orzo particularly did an amazing job with their restaurant week menu. They offered an extensive selection of menu items and the portions were much larger than other places we've dined for restaurant week. We would definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, food goodSewadeeDined on 7/25/2014We found Orzo to be a good experience. We went during restaurant week. Service by Adriana was superb. Appetizers (excellent portions) were all very good. The main cousrse, a beef bolognese with rigatoni was good but WAY too much salt, so much so that we could not eat much of it. We will go back to try another dish as we liked the restaurant. When will restaurants stop loading their food with so much salt???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!juniorlynchDined on 7/23/2014Great food and service. The Tiramisu was the best I've ever had...simply amazing! We enjoyed the experience so much that we have already invited friends to join us for dinner later this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemRbts0310Dined on 7/22/2014We dined at Orzo during restaurant week and we were pleasantly surprised at the service. We were expecting a little bit of a frenzy given other reviews we had read, but the staff was great, attentive, and knowledgeable. It did have a lively atmosphere so if you are hoping for a quieter meal this may not be the best option.Special Features:
- Terrific food, great waitstaffLMfoodiesDined on 7/22/2014Our group tried Orzo for the first time during Restaurant Week. The food exceeded our expectations but the place was packed and noise level way more than desirable. We had to shout at each other to be heard over the din. A larger, quieter venue would have made this a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I have been many times and the food is always, and I mean always, incredible. Go! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner but no dessert!JillybeanDined on 7/21/2014Appetizers, salad & dinner were delicious. So figured desset would be equally as great, well....not so much! It was so busy we had to wait approximately 30-35 minutes to get our dessert and one dessert was unetible, and the other was okay, but nothing to write home about. So my take is excellent for appetizers & dinner, but just say no to dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekjj40Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent food (as usual), irreproachable service. Keep doing what you're doing, Orzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealJoe21Dined on 7/19/2014We were in town visiting from DC. Picked Orzo Kitchen based mainly on Yelp reviews. It happened to be Restaurant Week when we visited, which sometimes isn't the greatest, but this one flourished. The meal was one of the best I've had in a long time. My wife loved it too. We shared everything and liked it all. Standouts were the lamb and the mussels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orzo in Restaurant weekthetopdocDined on 7/19/2014We went for restaurant week. Price fixe meal of $29 was increased on average $4 per entree and $4 per hor's de orve if you wanted anything beyond pasta. Desert was not included. So, a misrepresentation to my mind. Service and food was great with attractive presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th birthday reservation for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Orzo was AMAZING! The service was fonominal. Our server knew the menu like the back of her hand and spent a lot of time reviewing many items (we couldn't decide what we wanted). I told them in advance that it was my fiance's birthday and they even had it printed on the menu. How cute! We ordered the stuffed squash blossoms, Greek salad, salmon, and risotto. Everything was to die for! Excellent excellent excellent. We will definitely be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKimuymlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Nice place with an interesting menu. Service was fine. Food was a bit mixed: octopus appetizer was chewy, wife's ravioli was very good. Limited dessert menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayDinerwinerDined on 6/30/2014Our appetizers were wonderful! There was an unidentifiable vegetable on my entree plate that did not taste good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CvilledcodcoDined on 6/29/2014Our favourite restaurant in Cville. Food is always fantastic and they usually have interesting veggies like celeriac, which I have to grow myself cos few restaurants have it.Special Features:
- Wine loverslouieDined on 6/26/2014Everything that we ordered was delicious. Serving size was generous. We happened to go on a Thursday not knowing that wines by the glass were offered at a reduced rate ($6. and $8.) They call it "Thirsty Thursdays". The wines by the glass list was satisfactory.Special Features: