90 North Country Road
Miller Place, NY 11764Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://restaurantorto.com/
- Phone: 6318620151x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday and Wednesday 5:00PM until 9:00PM
Thursday through Saturday 5:00PM - 9:30PM
Sunday 4:00 - 8:00PM
Closed on Monday’s
Reservations Stongly Suggested
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Eric Lomando
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: At Orto we offer private parties on premise for up to 115 people. We have several packages to best accommodate your needs. We also implement off-premise catering
- Entertainment: Thursday and Friday evenings live entertainment.
A word from Orto
The menu at Orto showcases our version of Italian-American Cuisine. We strive to source the finest and freshest ingredients available on the American market and prepare them with Italian sensibility. The food is rustic and soul satisfying. As with Kitchen A Bistro, the atmosphere is one that is relaxed and is that of a welcoming hospitality. We continue to offer a no corkage fee which allows you to bring your favorite bottle to share with your meal. In addition we have a full bar with an extensive wine and beer list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Orto reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)Show More
- NancyVIPDined on 6/8/2014Good food, but very indifferent service. Didn't get much of a feel for the place.
- Fussyfoodie3Dined on 6/7/2014We shared a 3 course meal on Saturday night and each course was absolutely delicious with generous portions. Even though we shared, we still had leftovers to bring home. The menu is creative with lots of interesting choices. The waitress's wine recommendation was spot on without being overpriced. This was our second visit within a month and we look forward to returning again soon. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerCoriDined on 6/7/2014Orto is a gem. A great place to dine with friends or celebrate a special occasion. The menu is amazing and the food was served perfectly. We could not have asked for a better evening and our menu read "Happy Birthday". What a special touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious eaterysandyDined on 6/4/2014This is a wonderful spot for a special meal. The menu is creative and top notch. We have friends who are foodies and we can't wait to take them to the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 227 reviews are from the Orto reviews archive.
- Excellence in Every Aspect!Clubman33Dined on 6/3/2014The dining experience was flawless from beginning to end! Food, service, ambiance...the whole package. I do think they are losing a significant amount of business not accepting Credit Cards. This is 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Menu with Amazing FoodShamrockDined on 5/29/2014The menu here is great... always seems to change. Which is refreshing. It's Italian at the heart but each dish seems to have a lil spin to it and it's done very well! I highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLuuuDined on 5/29/2014We love Orto. We love that the menu changes daily. I love that the choices are relatively small and everything is delicious and different from any other restaurant. The prices are fair with the prix fixe menu especially since there is no corkage fee if you want to bring your own wine. The crispy farm fresh egg atop various menu items on the appetizer list is one of my favorites! Love it! Highly recommend Orto! The staff is always friendly and perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbyDined on 5/27/2014great menu. unique dishes. great you may bring your own wine. disappointed they did not accept credit cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!LrosaDined on 5/24/2014Perfect meal, once again. Brought family members this time and sat in the front room. As always, wanting everything on the menu. And the warm doughnuts with chocolate sauce (and of course, a scoop of gelato!) do it everytime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014We have been a fan of the chefs for over 10 years and have followed him to each and every one of restaurants. He has never disappointed us once.Special Features:
- Frequent DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014I have been to Orto many times and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotbarneyDined on 5/11/2014This is a great little restaurant. Menu changes regularly and with seasons. Wine list is a short but well-curated and reasonably priced mostly Italian wines, though there is no corkage so many people bring their own wine. The big room inside can get a little loud, but there are a few smaller rooms and a small bar area. The front patio is nice, weather and bugs permitting. The staff is friendly though busy. We would come here regularly even if we didn't live around the corner. (Also, they don't take credit cards)Special Features:
- Mothers Day mealluv2eatoutDined on 5/11/2014I have dined at Orto three times. This last time my main meal was on the dry side. Everything else was delicious as were the meals at my other two visits. My son enjoyed his meal. If this was my first time, I would have to consider if I would dine there again. I would continue to support this fine restaurant, but they should be careful not to spoil their success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EfogelVIPDined on 5/11/2014The appetizers were very good but all of the main courses were terrible. The coffee was horrible too.
- A gem!FranandbobDined on 5/10/2014Excellent as usual...never a disappointment. Gotta love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRayboDined on 5/10/2014This is dining ! And the staff is always friendly making your dining experience a home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Orto has it right, great food, friendly staff, beautiful historic building.Special Features:
- hmanDined on 5/2/2014Better than last time-excellent overall experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Orto is amazingwelovetoeatDined on 4/30/2014I have been to Orto about a dozen times and it always amazes me. The menu will change seasonally to reflect fresh food from the area - the chefs are food geniuses! I have always been thrilled with what I order. The restaurant is in an old home, it is really charming. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing, friendly girls night outMintDined on 4/30/2014This is the second time we had girls night out here. The service is friendly and allows friends to have a leisurely dinner, with interesting food. Being able to bring your own wine is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Success even during restaurant weekNoFoLauraVIPDined on 4/30/2014We've eaten here before, so were a bit hesitant to go during RW, as so many places suffer. Eric and the folks at Orto proved they can do it all. Though the menu was more limited than usual, each dish was a hit. My personal dislike of a side resulted in an exceptional substitution. Our waitress was attentive, but never in our face. Will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great food, good timesGinaDined on 4/29/2014No complaints regarding anything at Orto. Love that you can still bring your own wine. This restaurant has always delivered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurantIreneDined on 4/29/2014Went during LI Restaurant week. I am ready to go back once a week! Food was fabulous! Appetizer meatballs and risotto balls were perfectly delicious. I could eat a bucket of the potato purée w/ Swiss chard. A baba a nut creme brûlée...what? Crazy good! Waiter was attentive and pleasant. I am in love with this place! A wonderful dining experience with my family. Thank you Orto's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemFranandbobDined on 4/28/2014Excellent as usual. We go back often. BYOB is a definite plus but they have an excellent wine selection with a good pour and fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodOLC65Dined on 4/28/2014My 3 friends and I had a nice time at Orto. We wish the wine list was better but we did find something we enjoyed. The service couldn't have been better. Two of us had the beef Braciole which was a bit disappointing because it was dry. The salmon was very good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDonnaDDined on 4/28/2014I'm beginning to think that chefs intentionally cook worse during restaurant week because they hate it so much. We ordinarily love Orto, but this mean was just okay. For my first course I ordered ricotta ravioli and asked the server if the salmon with ricotta gnocchi would be too similar for the main course. She said definitely not. When the main came, the salmon was sitting in the identical red sauce with peas that the ravioli was covered in. The two were absolutely redundant, very disappointment. Then we ordered an eggplant parmesan to take home and were charged $25!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemteach2n2r4Dined on 4/27/2014Orto is a fine dinning "experience" new foods; many you have never tasted. Others are familiar but prepared in new ways. There is a fine wine list and small bar; but the best feature is being able to bring your own wine. Some restaurants that offered this accommodation have stopped doing so and have also had a significant decline in customers. Service has always been excellent the many times we have dined here. The entire staff really seems to care for the patrons! We will difinitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Enjoyable food, spacing in between courses to longSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again a winnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I went for Easter Dinner. Because there we only two of us we got the private, romantic "for 2" area. Orto never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good quality food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Sunday. Food was very good, tasty homemade sauces and presented nicely. Good service. Would recommend and surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodAnneatzowtDined on 4/20/2014My table ate the risotto balls and meatballs for apps. Deliciously seasoned. Dinner was char. Perfectly cooked though a little shy on flavor. Service spot on and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014I have worked in the restaurant industry for years and I must say that Orto has become my favorite restaurant in Suffolk County. From the decor & ambiance to the food & service, there is nothing I would change. The food is great, I haven't had a bad meal yet, and I love that the chef is always changing with the season and isn't afraid to go out on a limb and be adventurous with his plates. And the bonus is that you can bring your own wine with no corkage fee. They have a nice condensed wine & beer list but for a sommelier such as myself, it's nice to bring something from your own collection to enjoy with a fantastic meal. Don't miss the coursed out pre-fixe, it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st Wedding AnniversaryLizLovesFoodDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I went here for our 1st wedding anniversary last week. After reading the Zagat reviews and the menu we decided Orto would be a good place to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Orto was better than good, it was perfect. The food, the service, the atmosphere, you name it... OUTSTANDING. The Risotto Balls and the Tiramisu were fantastic, I highly recommend them. Also, get the ricotta for your bread, it has a hint of lemon and is amazing! 5 stars all the way! Thank you for the wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic MealNiceTouchDined on 4/19/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff had our menus made up saying Happy Anniversary, very nice touch...and then came to the table with a glass of Prosecco for each of us. Had a great table. The food was excellent, will go again for sure. Real nice selections on the menu. Orto has a great concept with the "no charge" bring your own bottle of wine for dinner. They are happy to accommodate bringing your own wine. Just perfect. Had the three course price fix. For my app I had the Speck with peas and marinated pecorino and it was delicious, then I had the grilled meats for dinner, which included lamb ribs and that plate was very very good. Banana nut creme brulee finished off a great meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My family came to have dinner for my husband's 60th birthday. We enjoyed the whole experience and the food was very good. We would return for future events.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014We booked our anniversary dinner at Orto through opentable. We requested a secluded area for some alone time and they were kind enough to provide a table for two tucked away! They treated us to a glass of proseco and while attentive, our server left us alone. We chose the price fix (appetizer, entree,dessert) and each item was delicious and servings very ample. We loved that we could bring our own wine in with no corking fee! Usually we only order a bottle when we are with friends, so this was nice because we could have what we like (we don't drink much) and bring it home. Overall, we had a wonderful evening and are already planning another with some friends! HIGHlY recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. We enjoyedroro0419Dined on 4/12/2014Excellent food. We enjoyed our meal and will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently enjoyableHappyDinerDined on 4/12/2014We've eaten here many times over the past few years and the food is always great. The menu changes often and is always innovative. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu. Best is BYO policy but their wines are very good and reasonably priced. You have to get the donuts and chocolate sauce for dessert, just yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLuveatingoutDined on 4/12/2014Fine eclectic dining with out if the ordinary menu choices. A great out of the way restaurant without the wait. Would definitely recommend orto to anyone who likes different fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 4/11/2014I found the service to be awful! Once our water glasses were filled once we never saw the waitress to refill our water. The food was so so. I have eaten at orto before and the food has always been delicious. This time not so good...More important the service was really bad