1814 South Pacific Coast Highway
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ortega120.com/
- Phone: 3107924120
- Hours of Operation:
We are open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner from 11:30am till 10pm weeknights and 11pm weekends 9pm on Sunday. Brunch on Saturday & Sunday from 10:30am to 3pm. Happy Hour 4 to close on Monday, Tuesday thru Thursday 4pm to 6pm, Fri- Sat 3pm-5pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mexican / Southwestern, Regional Mexican
- Executive Chef: Thomas Ortega
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering and Fiesta To Go Packs available.
- Private Party Facilities: Redefining Contemporary Mexican Cuisine and Cocktails
- Private Party Contact: Charmayne 8777228405
- Entertainment: Please call for information.
- Special Events: For reservations over 6 people please call the restaurant. Happy Hour seven days a week! Please call for cooking classes, Tequila University, Tamale 101, wine or tequila dinners and upcoming events.
- Cross Street: Palo Verdes
- Public Transit: Many stops are located around us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking immediately behind the restaurant. Simply turn from Pacific Coast Highway into our lot. The turn is at the light at Vista Del Parque. All spaces are ok to park in!
A word from Ortega 120
Redefining Nuevo Latino Cocktails & Cuisine.Ortega 120 opened June of 2008 & has received critical acclaim as well as numerous awards including: South Bay’s Best-“Favorite Mexican Restaurant & Chef” Daily Breeze, “Top Ten Mexican Restaurants in America” Steven Milling—ManMade 2010 “Top Ten Mexican Restaurants in LA” Gayot, “Best Classic Margarita In Los Angeles” LA WEEKLY, “Top Ten Summer Cocktails in LA” City Search, “Best Margarita in the South Bay” and “Best Tequila Bar” Voted in Easy Reader Best of the Beach,“ …Nowhere by the beach can you find such heartfelt Mexican cooking” S. Irene Virbilia- LA Times, “Shout Ole!…” Merrill Schindler- Daily Breeze, Ortega 120 is a lively venue where people come to celebrate many special occasions from birthday's to surprise wedding engagements!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Ortega 120 - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Ortega 120 reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (30)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (20)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great as always!MijasitDined on 10/23/2014Introduced a newbie to the restaurant. She loved it! Never doubted it!! I had my usual tilapia, sis had her salmon, and my friend had the Tierra y Mar and we all shared a pitcher of the house Margies! Everything Delicious! We sat in the patio so it's as a little cooler and a little less noisy. It goes without saying....,We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Margaritas!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/20/2014If you are in the mood for Guacamole and Margaritas, this is the place. I had a Cadillac House Margarita and it was outstanding. The server was excellent and patient with the late arrival of my dinner mates. The food was very good.Special Features:
- service was lackingcaitilouDined on 10/18/2014my husband and i come here pretty regularly, and we typically get a couple of drinks each, if not a pitcher of margs to share. this last time we went, neither of us got a cocktail, and the second we said we weren't getting drinks, our server's face dropped. a huge gap between taking our drink order (water and a coke and a sprite) and our food order. another 15 mins and asking twice to bring us more salsa. and another huge gap to bring us the check. we left annoyed and disappointed, and likely not to come back. the margs are ok but we make better cocktails at home, but the service was just pretty terrible this last time. we'll see...maybe we can be lured back by the duck confit chilaquiles...which are admittedly fantastic!
- Braised short rib/posole risottoMijasitDined on 10/17/2014I gotta say first and foremost I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Delicious food, the best Margies, great service! I normally get the Tilapia 120 (which I love the best) but this time I went for the braised short rib and posole risotto. The meat practically melted in my mouth. The piece of meat was huge, loved the BBQ sauce, it had no bone,and almost didn't need a knife to cut it! The posole was creamy and buttery! It WAS very tasty! Only downside was that there was too much posole in the bow and once the meat juices melded with the posole it made it a little soupySpecial Features:
- First time experienceAskBradDined on 10/14/2014Super easy garage parking. Lots to look at. Don't try to have a conversation, super loud. Energetic doesn't begin to explain the volume. The server was completely overwhelmed. Who knew it would be such a hot spot on a Tuesday night? I will have to say that the food was worth it. Menu selection is awesome and the taste was even better. This would be an awesome place to bring your friends to get your drink on. Margaritas by the gallon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and margaritasMddtusaDined on 9/27/2014Got more than we bargained for on Saturday night with a great band that plays there every other Saturday! House margaritas are delicious... Guac is great. Fresh made tortillas... And tasty signature dishes with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Considering a party of 11 hoisted a pretty big bill, I was saddened to see small things like $1.50 extra for sour cream and the birthday cake slice was additional. Service was hit and miss. Took us about 15 minutes to find the waiter and hand in the bill. Food was good but really spicy and was not denoted as such. Taste was there but at $13 for 3 tacos, you gotta want the ambience a lot.Special Features:
- Classic and Fun MexicanPasstheSaltVIPDined on 9/27/2014Place is great - decorated beautifully; it is a very large space but that does not make it lose its charm - private rooms available. They offer great drink specials and the food is fresh and seasoned well. Service was excellent. My one complaint - the flower tortillas. They taste like they were bought in a store - someone from Ortega should go undercover and head over to Pacos Tacos - I dream about Pacos Tacos flour tortillas - seriously I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the GorditassquarepegDined on 9/21/2014The above-mentioned appetizers were new to us-- delicious. As usual, all diners were happy with their favorites. Noise level can be a problem, but we sat in the far corner of a relatively empty patio, and it was just fine during an early (6-ish) Sunday dinner time.Special Features:
- Memorable Food, Drink & DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Friends recommended this place and I wish I had come by sooner. Great food and cocktail selection. Every bite and sip tantalized my taste buds; I want to try more items! Looking forward to return here.Special Features:
- Good Food but a little noisyDuketzDined on 9/19/2014The food was very tasty. Conversations are a little difficult because of the acoustics. The day I was there was uncomfortable since the air conditioner broke. The restaurant didn't offer any extras to compensate for the hot conditions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian friendly!skaterdav85Dined on 9/1/2014The spinach and mushroom enchiladas were amazing! Ask for the vegetarian menu.Special Features:
- What did you say?Happy2behereDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at Ortega 120 several times and have always loved it. On a Wed. night at 7, we brought a party of 8, four of them men in their early 20s. I understand serving the food at the same time is tricky, but we waited a very long time for our food. After taking an order for a pitcher of margaritas, the waiter assumed no one else wanted any other drinks. He also seemed hard of hearing or else didn't understand English. We asked for another pitcher; it never arrived. I ordered 3 desserts; he brought us one dessert with 3 churros for 8 people. It seemed like we were on a different page and it took so long for the dessert to arrive, we didn't order the extra two and gave up. Food is great but there wasn't enough of it, esp. carne asada.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Too noisy inside, music was very loud. Dining on the patio was perfect!Special Features:
- Upscale Mexican DONE RIGHT!BelieDined on 8/8/2014Being Mexican myself and knowing good Mexican food, there is nothing more that I hate when Mexican food is made upscale and it sucks. BUT THIS PLACE HAS DONE IT RIGHT! It the only upscale Mexican I have ever liked. Duck confi chileciles, mole meatballs, fancy queso fuendiso, all great! Just make sure you have a reservation! The wait could about about 30/45 mins without a reservation. But the do have a nice bar and GREAT MARGARITAS to enjoy, if you need to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ortega 120 does not disappoint!SPHSDined on 7/30/2014Went to have dinner with a high school friend after 20 plus years apart. Atmosphere was perfect, not too quite and not too loud. The margaritas were fantastic so we had two each :). We both ordered the taco trio and although you were only supposed to order one type of meat the special waiter let me pick two types. Jonathan was too sweet. He was very attentive and came back often to make sure we had what we needed. Oh forgot to mention that we started our meal with the homemade quacamole which is delicious. I noticed that they had a sign that said you had a two hour maximum to sit at the table which I found strange. I'm sure we stayed longer than two hours but no one complained or mentioned it. Food was great as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Echo chamber with mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2014Perhaps had I been drinking margaritas, my review would be different. However I tried to like this place, but everything was wrong. First, we had a reservation for 7 pm and were seated promptly --but no menus were available. Apparently no set ups either as we sat at an empty table. Water and chips arrived shortly. Approximately 10 minutes later, menus were presented. We had to ask for napkins and silverware at this point. The food was below average. I had camerones and my husband had short ribs. Neither were very good. Noise level is deafening in this place. They should hand out earplugs. We were given another table's bill and getting this corrected took several attempts. We will not be going back.
- Great dinner, great margs!!SouthBayAceDined on 7/28/2014Ortega 120 has amazing food, and amazing margaritas! The "House Margaritas" (get the pitcher) is made with fresh juice, and tastes amazing. They bring a small carafe of tequila to prove there is tequila in them (as they are so smooth). I had the Carne Asada (excellent, tender, and very flavorful, wife had the chicken tacos - also amazing.Special Features:
- We Love OrtegaVfromHermosaVIPDined on 7/19/2014It is now a family tradition to celebrate birthdays there. From the tilapia to the short ribs, the food is amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014Great date night place .♥♥♥we really loved the drinks and food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Burrito de la Casa40swithkidsDined on 7/3/2014Went to Ortega 120 to celebrate our 15th anniversary...although the restaurant was quite loud, the Burrito de la Casa and House margaritas with fresh juices really hit the spot!!! Our 11 year old daughter gobbled up all of her enchilada and our soon to be 12 year old son proclaimed the lightly breaded chicken fingers to be the best he's ever tasted, which is saying something since he's eaten chicken fingers over 100 times! We will be back to Ortega 120!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 570 reviews are from the Ortega 120 reviews archive.
- Mui Bueno!!Thee1nOnlyMeDined on 6/22/2014This was our 1st visit...we invited our brother n law & his fiance to have brunch withus & what a wondeful/festive expierence! The location was perfect, the service, food & drinks were EXCELLENT! Even meet a few new friends while visiting the bar before leaving. Didn't even realize we'd been at the restaurant for over 3hrs we were enjoying ourselves & the atmosphere. The best part after leaving we stopped by the beach which is a few blocks away...VERY CONVIENT!! =) WE can't wait to visit again...this time we'll bring the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fantastic!MaggieDined on 6/21/2014Dangerously delicious margaritas, sophisticated, complex dishes and phenomenal service make this one of our favorite spots. Go now! You will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!RagsMcTattershantyDined on 6/21/2014This place is the real deal! Great food, wonderful service. If you're looking for a fun brunch spot with friends, look no further!Special Features:
- I have a couple concerns..redroses13Dined on 6/17/2014The food, service&environment was amazing but I was super uncomfortable because of the chairs are really uncomfortable it was hard to have a conversation it was very loud in the background. I would highly recommending investing in some chairs with some padding and somehow making it a little more private with the individual tables. I would love to come back and eat again but i feel as if i have to rush through my dinner because sitting in the chairs for a long time is very very painful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!Jo4LADined on 6/7/2014I brought my sis in law visiting from Portland & she LOOOVED IT! The drinks were amazing: horchata martinis, the appetizer: taquitos de la casa, the meal: chicken mole enchiladas YUMMY!!! Oscar our server was the best! We were here to watch Stanley Playoffs & had so much fun!! I love coming here because I always feel like I am home:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but LOUD!twingleDined on 5/31/2014We went to dinner with 2 other couples - table of 6 at 6:30 on a Saturday night. We were seated in back of the restaurant, past the bar area. That would have been OK but we seated at 2 round tables pushed together. We couldn't hear each other from one table to the other. Then, a 3 piece group started playing music (2 guitars and a bass). All conversation ceased. The restaurant was loud enough before the band but this was beyond. The guitarist was unbelievably good but we went to dinner with new friends to socialize which was absolutely impossible. VERY disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingLocalGrazerDined on 5/29/2014First try of Ortega 120's Happy Hour. Margaritas = GREAT. They're always great. Happy Hour options in the bar area only. People at the table right next to us were SO LOUD we could not hear each other speak at our own table. Three people at the bar must have felt the same way because they left shortly after we arrived. The restaurant has all hard surfaces, so there is nothing to mitigate screaming, guffawing, obnoxious people. I don't know what the staff could have done. Of what we ordered, only Albondigas con Mole (not from the HH menu) were memorable (great.) Outstanding flavors; generous portion. Individual HH tacos for $2 or $2.50 each were small and undistinguished. The shrimp taco wasn't worth eating. Boring guacamole.Special Features:
- Good FoodMelissaDined on 5/28/2014We went during lunch for a 30th birthday party. The restaurant was not that crowded. We were a party of six. They had a party of about 16 plus three other tables. It took 2-1/2 hours for six ppl for lunch. On a normal work day, this would be unacceptable but since our boss attended, it worked out okay. Service, way too long. Food was very good. I would go back again especially at night or try happy hour. The place looks fun! Just not for lunch if you only have a certain amount of time.Special Features:
- Authentic MexicanYummmmmDined on 5/26/2014Superb happy hour. Delicious flavored margaritas. Not artificially tasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and GenerouslovetodineDined on 5/25/2014Dined on Saturday for brunch/lunch and must say…we enjoyed our meals. The Kobe burger was outstanding. Sat on the patio where it was bright and cheerful. Music was a bit loud tho. A definite place for delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun for a family birthday dinnerJosieDined on 5/20/2014We had a family birthday dinner here with our three adult kids. Everyone loved it. The food is very tasty and different than many other Mexican restaurants. Excellent guacamole! The margaritas were a big hit too.Special Features:
- Food is okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The food was ok but not authentic Mexican flavor. The waiter was slow and the place was not that busy to justify it. Price was above what I expected.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014Never expected to find such great Mexican food in Redondo Beach. And the house Margaritas are soooo smooooth and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!KdeloDined on 5/11/2014Had a great night enjoying a pitcher of margaritas & tasty food on Mother's Day. The only complaint I have is that it was VERY NOISY. My Dad had a hard time hearing the conversation & he was sitting right next to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Brunch was not good. Food was not kept warm. Prefer the menu. Margaritas are good.Special Features:
- Foodie53Dined on 5/10/2014Tried to have an early Mother's Day brunch with 1/2 of my family. I could not get the time for the reservation I wanted on Open Table so I took the earlier option. When my party of 5 got there, the place was almost empty. I gave our name and the host then tried to seat us at a spot for 4 people even though my reservation had said we would be 5 plus we needed extra room for an infant's stroller. Service was terribly slow, food was decent, but the décor was unique and interesting. Overall, the experience was so-so.Special Features:
- Estupendo!!lafoodieDined on 5/9/2014Had yet another superb dinner here Friday night! Amazing service, food, drinks and atmosphere made for the most perfect amalgamation one could hope for in a dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Decor!passDined on 5/4/2014First time there, definitely will come back. Loved the way the place was decorated and food was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beramundi BravoCasaTitoDined on 5/3/2014The food and house margaritas are great! I had the Beramundi Veracruzano and it was delicious. The ambiance is like being at a party and you get great food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.