Ortanique on the Mile
278 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Ortanique on the Mile
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cindyhutsoncuisine.com/
- Phone: 3054467710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Bar open daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Cindy Hutson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ortanique on the Mile delivers the abundant flavors of the Caribbean to your home. Chef Hutson and team will prepare a meal for parties of 4 or 400.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Georgina Pariente at the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Georgina Pariente 3054467710
A word from Ortanique on the Mile
The tropical feel and delicious aromas of the Islands abound at Ortanique. Hand painted motifs of Ortanique oranges and flowers grace the walls and rich natural woods complete the picture. Chef Cindy Hutson offers guests her award-winning "Cuisine of the Sun"...a fusion of different nations & the freshest of nature's bounty, combined with exciting and exotic tropical flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ortanique on the Mile - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Ortanique on the Mile reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (47)notable wine list (32)hot spot (22)good for groups (22)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Love the foodlovenewrestaurantsDined on 8/26/2014Love the restaurant, Cindy's food is more than amazing, the service is great. We had a great time. The appetizer of Caicos Island Conch and Corn Fritters were better than the conch fritters I had for lunch in the keys. That Mango Tres Leches dessert that Cindy makes is absolutely amazing, I would go there just for that. AlsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet cuisineStormDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time to this fabulous restaurant. I am Jamaican but I have NEVER found a restaurant like this in Jamaica. They have taken island specialities and added a gourmet flair to them. THe TASTE of each dish, each sauce.....just explodes in your mouth. The service is first class, warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Unique Restaurantconnoisseur1VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is located in miracle mile in historic Coral Gables. Viewing the restaurant from the street front you would never know the beauty inside. The food is good with a Jamaican twist. The wine list is extensive with prices for everyone. The personnel is pleasant, but the service is a three star. However, they can't be blame too much for this inefficiency because the restaurant is extremely full. Therefore, for the amount of clients, they tend to the service adequate to good. I will return to this restaurant and will be recommended to family and friends.Special Features:
- Ortanique always a winnerTerriDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit and our first Miami Spice experience here or anywhere. Ortanique has terrific food and service. Great Mojitos. Can't go wrong here. The Miami Spice menu gave us each an appetizer, entree and dessert. I had ceviche, Swordfish with rice and red velvet ice cream. Ate every bite! There were 6 of us and we were there 2 hours. No rush, a wonderful restaurauntSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Had lunch at Ortanique and ate off of the Miami Spice menu. The food was wonderful. We tried the coffee rubbed salmon and snapper with a curry sauce. Both were excellent as usual. The Spice menu changes daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food & drinksFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed Ponzu Octopus Crevice to start and Conch Fritter to start, and Red snapper/steak/Jerk Chicken Penne pasta which were all excellent. finished with the excellent Tres Leches.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We had a very nice lunch Miami Spice. The food was amazing. A very nice blend of flavors and colors. The service was exceptional. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisDined on 8/17/2014Me and my fiancé went for our second anniversary dinner and it was truly amazing great staff , great food, great service and overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousananoleDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service and great ambiance. They ran late on reserved time, but reasonable bar prices made it a pleasant wait.Special Features:
- Really a sunny cuisinFumaDined on 8/16/2014Great taste And ambience, everytime I come in Miami Ortanique is a must (I'm italian And is not easy to find such a tastefully restaurant for an italian food lover)Special Features:
- BrianDined on 8/16/2014We had the Miami Spice menu starting with the fritters which were very good. For the main course we had the swordfish which was quite moist done with a nice sauce served with rice. Mango tres leches is a favourite and didn't disappoint. The restaurant has a very nice bar, with a good selection of scotch, unusual for a smaller restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Miami Spice DinnerDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Innovative menu; excellent service and romantic atmosphere. This restaurant is sincerely into the Miami Spice Program.Special Features:
- Excellent MealbuzzDined on 8/16/2014This was my third time dining at Ortanique, and all my meals have been exceptional. This time, I went with my mother and sister, and we ordered from the Miami Spice menu. The staff was attentive, and they made sure we were able to finish in time to make it to Gables Stage. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very goodDonnyDined on 8/14/2014Food exceptional, service very good, tables so close you need to shut out nearby conversations, particularly with the Miami crowdSpecial Features:
- casualdinerDined on 8/13/2014Ortanique is my favorite place to celebrate a special occassion. The food is interesting and delicious, and the wait staff friendly and helpful. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 person business dinnerformulalfredDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good, however, mid-way through dinner, they placed a large party right next to us that was VERY loud. Made our business dinner tough to deal with. We didn't even have dessert just to be able to leave the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS "ON POINT!" AMAZING!CecyDined on 8/1/2014As Sión as you walk in it males me qant to sing " Happy" Pharrell's HIT, well I must say, this place is a real HIT, from the ambiamce as soon as you walk in, the delicious "toasty" bread with just the right touch of garlic , the "addictive" ceviche with the crunchy plaintain and delicious guacamole , the pumpkin spice soup And ALL the soups always are an explosión of exotic tastes, we miss the Bahamian Black Grouper, we know there is a moratorium right now. The ending is just something that you remember forever, from the mango tees leches , the rum cake, it's an experience I think all who visit South Florida and Coral Gables can't miss!! My salute to The amazing Cindy and her loving Delius, to much success!! We loved the Cayman too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous but don't like to waitTastebuddivineDined on 7/26/2014We had a reservation for 8:30 but had to wait for over an hour. Someone came over to apologize after abt 45 mins. We waited by the bar which was very tight. The bartender was wonderful and their special cocktail was delicious. We were finally seated and everything proceeded to take a long time. We were starving and it was well past 10 when they finally brought us some bread after asking twice. Everything we are was superb. EVERYTHING. But having to wait for each dish for so long was frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClaramVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food all the time. Love the blend of spices.Special Features:
- Mixed impresionsDoctorrsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Good quality food and creative recipes. Lacks in service, slow and distracted waiters spoil what could be a good experienceSpecial Features:
- Fantastic restaurantAJS1974VIPDined on 7/22/2014The cookies and cream bread budding is, hands down, the best dessert in Miami. Only problem is that it is only available at the Chef's whim. It would be nice if it were added as a regular staple on the menu. I promise once you try it, you will order it every time you're there.Special Features:
- ortaniqueluv2dineVIPDined on 7/19/2014consistently good. many new menu items. food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointing Experience!LiliDined on 7/19/2014I inquired about one of the specials, a lamb risotto with "Greek Gremolata." I asked our waiter what "Gremolata" was. He replied, "it's the way it's prepared." REALLY? This restaurant is too expensive to have waiters who can't be bothered. What he should have said is that the dish consisted of artfully prepared lamb ruined by chokingly over-seasoned inedible mint risotto. The snapper special was tasteless and amateurish. The worst was the disgusting vegetarian ravioli entree my daughter ordered. $25 for overcooked pasta in bland sauce clogged with indigestible cheese. Needless to say, no one ordered dessert. Only the ceviche appetizer was as delicious as ever. After so many years of having our family celebrations here, we may never return.Special Features:
- Better than EVER!NativeFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Reservations easy and accommodating for dinner for five. The service was outstanding, friendly, courteous and attentive. It was a special occasion and we were treated as such. The food was delicious and each one of us ordered different food. We were all happy and pleased with our meals. It was a perfect evening thanks to the staff and the chef. We'll definitely return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014Another wonderful meal at Ortanique. Food was well seasoned, creative and fresh. Service was good, attentive but not smothering. The wine list is of particular note here, eclectic in areas, traditional in others but very well balanced and allows guests to experience new wines that are hard to find on many wine lists.Special Features:
- Four star, food & service, #1 gemjackVIPDined on 7/2/2014The food was amazing, appetizers were sooo good, shrimp fritters, ceviche, steaks and Ahi tuna, everything cooked perfectly. But the desserts were our favorites, try the coconut tres leche, heavenly; we hadn't had a meal this delicious in a long, long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodgasmAimToLaughDined on 6/28/2014I've only been a couple of times, but their menu offers interesting flavor fusions that are amazing!!! This is definitely one of the best restaurants I've ever been to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANKS AGAINDRBBVIPDined on 6/27/2014ALWAYS ENJOY OUR TRIPS FROM BROWARD TO ORTANIQUE. THIS TIME THE CRAB CAKE WAS SLIGHTLY FISHY IN TASTE AND THE BLACK GROUPER WAS OVERLY SALTY BUT STILL A GREAT EVENING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The menu posted on the Coral Gables Restaurant week website was just a teaser to get you to go to the restaurant. We were not happy with the bait and switch they did. Had to settle for ordering outside of the prefixed menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sketchy bar tabPassionfruittaxDined on 6/25/2014We ordered passion fruit mojitos, this was not our first time here and loved the mojito. When the check came I noticed an additional charge labeled "bar tab" line item. I called the server over and before I could ask her what that was about she said "you want to know about the bar tab" I said yes she replies "bartender charges an additional surcharge for passion fruit" I told her that I didn't recall that being like that before she smiled and said the bartender charges it. On the way out she stops me and my family again to go over the charges, I felt a little embarrassed as she hands me coupons for my next visit. The experience turned me away from this place, felt like I was treated as someone asking for free stuff.Special Features:
- Delicious and InformativejhoffmangatorDined on 6/22/2014We went for Coral Gables Restaurant Week and not one person in the group was disappointed. Everything was delicious. The sommelier/waiter was great. He was super informative and steered us to some great wine. They are changing parts of the prix fix menu every day so try it while it is on the menu. The Hogfish was definitely the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Very Nicelullu60Dined on 6/21/2014We sat outside and would probably sit inside next time as it is a very attractive restaurant. The restaurant was very busy and it took a while for our main courses to arrive but overall it was a good experience, the food was good. If we lived closer we would be there quite a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014This was an exceptional experience. We go out all over the place and I had not been to Ortanique in over a year. This was the best it has ever been. There were four of us and we ate very well. We paid accordingly, but it was well worth the price.Special Features:
- El MejorlonsterDined on 6/14/2014Ortanique is truly one of if not my very favorite restaurant. The artistry of Cindy Hutson is remarkable in the kitchen. I highly recumbent the ceviche, tuna and cappuccino chip ice cream. The wine list is superb. A must visit restaurant for island cooking.Special Features:
- Excellent!!LindaVIPDined on 6/14/2014First time we came early to this restaurant and had a completely different experience. Early there was no wait and excellent service. at a later time there is a crowd and a long wait and very noisy. Now we will come back again soon!!Special Features:
- Ortanique Always a Great ChoiceCLWeinVIPDined on 6/13/2014It had been a year or two since we dined at Ortanique. Three of our party ordered off the "Coral Gables Restaurant Week" prix-fixe menu which offered some great choices, especially the coffee & chocolate (?) crusted Salmon. Gables "restaurant week" continues through June 20, so it's a great time to check out Ortantanique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jwiley9Dined on 6/11/2014Food was excellent and the staff was very friendly but they had some difficulty getting the order right. Forgot a salad, wrong meals to the wrong people. I'll definitely give it another try. Joel at the bar can mix a drink too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special Caribbean restaurantFairVIPDined on 6/9/2014Very special. Loved it. We will be back for sure. We will be back next time were in town.
- Just a great restaurantTravelingdinersDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed Chilean sea bass- mussels and Caesar salad. Everything reflected high quality and attention to detail. The waiter was helpful and attentive. Our second visit - we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixmeisterVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was very good. Restaurant a Lille noisy. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.