Ortanique on the Mile
278 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Ortanique on the Mile
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cindyhutsoncuisine.com/
- Phone: 3054467710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Bar open daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Cindy Hutson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ortanique on the Mile delivers the abundant flavors of the Caribbean to your home. Chef Hutson and team will prepare a meal for parties of 4 or 400.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Georgina Pariente at the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Georgina Pariente 3054467710
A word from Ortanique on the Mile
The tropical feel and delicious aromas of the Islands abound at Ortanique. Hand painted motifs of Ortanique oranges and flowers grace the walls and rich natural woods complete the picture. Chef Cindy Hutson offers guests her award-winning "Cuisine of the Sun"...a fusion of different nations & the freshest of nature's bounty, combined with exciting and exotic tropical flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ortanique on the Mile reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (69)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (44)notable wine list (38)hot spot (32)great for lunch (29)good for groups (28)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- SteveVIPDined on 10/21/2014Double pork chop is outstanding; consider requesting it butterflied.Special Features:
- Good and different restaurantAlfonsoDined on 10/18/2014One of the best places in Miami,very creative meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice except?NuraDined on 10/18/2014Waiter was no very nice!!! Lucky for him I was able to see other servers and ask them to assist us.. Waiter thinks he is knowledgable about wine and food and tells you in a cocky respond what he thinks is the best food to order..Special Features:
- ServiceLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Although the food was tasty the service was tasteless. One of the hosts told us and pointed to our seats which I thought was not nice at all. The food took forever to come out and we had to ask for water and bread 3 times. When the waiter came to excuse himself for the delay in service he specifically said it wasn't his fault but that it was the cooks fault. Being that the restaurant is pricey I expected top of the line service and we didn't get that at all.
- EnjoyablePaulVIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent flavors, good service, a little too noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMiaminativedinerDined on 10/10/2014Our first time back in a while , it was better than ever. The mussels are a must have and the tuna tartare was excellent , with a nice spice with guacamole. The swordfish special and house favorite grouper were prepared perfectly . Don't forget the cappuccino chocolate ice cream . It's a bit loud but a great vibe .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- taste of sweet island foodTitan2Dined on 10/5/2014The food ,as always was great. But sweet food tends to overwhelm you ,after a while you crave some salt! Service was Ok. Its a great place to go once every 2 months. Wish they would tame the sweetness, then I would probably go monthly.Bar drinks are great ! Grouper and salmon are great.Special Features:
- If you want flavor, search no more!StacyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Chef Cindy Hutson always hits her mark! Anything and everything you order from the menu is sure to tantalize your tastebuds. She has a way of mixing ingredients that will leave even the biggest foodie, like myself, wondering what she used. My particular favorites are any of the ceviche creations, her salmon and jerk pork chop and oh-my-goodness homemade rum cake or tres leches. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Ortanique - Irie Man!OT4spiceDined on 9/30/2014The carrot ginger bisque was unexpectedly delicious. The Mahi on hominy grits thoroughly enjoyable. The Mojito, as usual, worth imbibing. With a saporous mango tres leches to top it all off, you're never disappointed when you choose to dine here.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/30/2014We have been many times to this restaurant and our experience has always been great! I highly recommend it, and would certainly return.Special Features:
- Consistent qualityJPDSrDined on 9/20/2014Have been going to Orthanique since last century and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentFoodfanVIPDined on 9/20/2014There's a reason why the place is always packed year in and year out. The good is very high quality and the dishes are creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victim of its own succesesMiamianDined on 9/20/2014This has been family default restaurant for celebrations since opening. Prices are now very high, especially bar/wine. The place was packed, a Saturday night, but our server was unable to keep up and deliver the service which in the past was always superb and attentive. Dinner for 4 with 2 desserts and two rounds of drinks was $298 before tip. $17 for glass of wine and $12 for Jameson, which elsewhere is sold as low as $7. $10 would have been reasonable. Portions were quite small, although well prepared and nicely presented. So many tables in a small place make for a lot of bumping. Noise levels made conversation almost impossible. Time for Cindy to re-assess what's going on and return to the formula that made Ortanique the best in Miami.Special Features:
- Gables Miami Spice Lunchfoodie4thoughtDined on 9/18/2014Loved that they featured the Miami Spice offerings when giving us menus. Hate when other Gables restaurants only grudgingly give you the Miami Spice menu after you have to ask for it. Good selection of appetizers. We loved the corvina ceviche and conch & corn fritters. Entree - skirt steak served with duck fat fries and charred broccolini - everything cooked to perfection. Lunch mate had the salmon (a Miami Spice staple) with a tasty ginger glaze, Jasmine rice and baby bok choy. Desserts - as we are both Miami natives, went with the mango tres leches. Very yummy - not ultra sweet like many local versions. The Paradise Cooler drink (Ciroc coconut,watermelon and pineapple juice) worked well with the meal. Terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed itpeterADined on 9/13/2014we went for miami spice, but decided to order from the main menu. generally, a nice overall experience--good food, good service, good atmosphere. would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is the second time I take advantage of their Miami Spice menu and I had the cornish hen which was delicious. The only thing I would say is that the service was not as I was accustomed to at Ortanique. Our waitress was very aloof and unattentive, she did not go out of her way to explain the menu or did she comeby to ask if everything was okay as is customary. I attribute this to the fact that the restaurant was packed this Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lourdesDined on 9/13/2014Very nice surprise! Enjoyed everything - food, ambiance, service.Special Features:
- Food is OutstandingPeggyDined on 9/13/2014Happy to see the Ortanique is still busy and doing well after so many years. The food is outstanding - service less so, but more than adequate. I had not been in for some time, but took advantage of the Miami Spice promotion. Loved the Ceviche and the Swordfish. I had a bite of the pork tenderloin which was moist and tender. All the dessert options are winners as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantPatF1025VIPDined on 9/13/2014Possibly the nicest restaurant in Coral Gables. Just outstanding. Food, service, ambience. How have I not gone here before? BravoSpecial Features:
- Not impressedAdventurousOneDined on 9/13/2014We went for Miami Spice. The food was just ok. Nothing to write home about. The service was average at best. It was also a bit noisy. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- greatmamaDined on 9/13/2014as usual, except a new waitress, young blonde served us. she kept confusing things, took a really long time to bring dessert even though we pre-ordered them etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDeliciousVIPDined on 9/12/2014I had a great night with my husband. Wine and food were excellent! We took advantage of the Miami Spice and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative yummy food!BlinggalVIPDined on 9/12/2014Tired of eating the same old thing? Come her and discover new caribbean flavors created by Chef Cindy Hutson.Special Features:
- Amazing atmospheregoodtimesDined on 9/11/2014Great place to dine, catch up with friends and enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greendragon519Dined on 9/6/2014We have dined her several times since the restaurant opened. This was the first time we tried the Miami Spice Menu. We tried the duck, the salmon, the garbanzos, conch fritters, mango tres leches, coconut panacotta, and Blue Mountain coffee. It was a good value. The mango tres leches stood out. The duck was interesting. The only drawback was the long wait. Despite having reservations, we had to wait 45 minutes at the bar until our table was ready. The hostess said she would get us a better table. It was fine. We did not mind waiting, but other patrons might object.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miami spicePeterVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went for a Miami Spice night out, wife had grouper and I had swordfish. Both dishes were well prepared, although not the best I have had, both dishes were good. For appetizer I had fritters which were average, my wife had a salad. For desert wife went for the mango tres leches, a bit too sweet for me, I ended with coconut panna cotta which was good. Overall a nice night out with my wfe.Special Features:
- Always excellentGastrofanVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have never had a bad meal at Ortaniques. And the drinks are outstanding! Always full but not too crowded. It's perfect.Special Features:
- great girlfriend lunchfoodiepastDined on 9/5/2014miami spice menu waas fantastic and i cant aait to come back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure to become a favorite .bonappetitDined on 9/4/2014Really enjoyed Ortanique. Excellent for and service. Enjoyed the calamari salad and fish of the day prepared with a Creole sauce. My husband enjoyed the duck as one of the best he's had. Leave room for the bread pudding of the day!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good miami spice menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent miami spice menu. Wine list is limited and expensive compared to restaurants in the same category. Food was excellent. Will return. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyDined on 9/2/2014Attentive staff, creative menu, lovely ambiance, memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish all dayStogieDined on 8/31/2014Our table had the ceviche, grouper and ahi tuna...excellent food all around!Special Features:
- Disappointment after great memoriesmiamilawDined on 8/30/2014We have been to this restaurant three or four times int the past. We were disappointed this time. The food was good, but the service was poor. There were four of us. The waiter brought the main course for three people but not mine. I waited a minute or two thinking that he would return. After five minutes. we got another waiter since ours never returned. I told him about my meal and that we had ordered two glasses of wine, which had not been delivered. I got my meal, but then had to ask another waiter about the wine. When we ordered coffee, we were excited about ordering the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee as before. The waiter said that they did not have it, but had another coffee that was just as good. It was not.Special Features:
- XExeadVIPDined on 8/29/2014Only fault was wine list : every 1/2 bottle I ordered was gone. Time to update ?Special Features:
- Love the foodlovenewrestaurantsDined on 8/26/2014Love the restaurant, Cindy's food is more than amazing, the service is great. We had a great time. The appetizer of Caicos Island Conch and Corn Fritters were better than the conch fritters I had for lunch in the keys. That Mango Tres Leches dessert that Cindy makes is absolutely amazing, I would go there just for that. AlsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet cuisineStormDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time to this fabulous restaurant. I am Jamaican but I have NEVER found a restaurant like this in Jamaica. They have taken island specialities and added a gourmet flair to them. THe TASTE of each dish, each sauce.....just explodes in your mouth. The service is first class, warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Unique Restaurantconnoisseur1VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is located in miracle mile in historic Coral Gables. Viewing the restaurant from the street front you would never know the beauty inside. The food is good with a Jamaican twist. The wine list is extensive with prices for everyone. The personnel is pleasant, but the service is a three star. However, they can't be blame too much for this inefficiency because the restaurant is extremely full. Therefore, for the amount of clients, they tend to the service adequate to good. I will return to this restaurant and will be recommended to family and friends.Special Features:
- Ortanique always a winnerTerriDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit and our first Miami Spice experience here or anywhere. Ortanique has terrific food and service. Great Mojitos. Can't go wrong here. The Miami Spice menu gave us each an appetizer, entree and dessert. I had ceviche, Swordfish with rice and red velvet ice cream. Ate every bite! There were 6 of us and we were there 2 hours. No rush, a wonderful restaurauntSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Had lunch at Ortanique and ate off of the Miami Spice menu. The food was wonderful. We tried the coffee rubbed salmon and snapper with a curry sauce. Both were excellent as usual. The Spice menu changes daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food & drinksFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed Ponzu Octopus Crevice to start and Conch Fritter to start, and Red snapper/steak/Jerk Chicken Penne pasta which were all excellent. finished with the excellent Tres Leches.Special Features: