Ortanique on the Mile
278 Miracle Mile
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
Ortanique on the Mile
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cindyhutsoncuisine.com/
- Phone: 3054467710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Bar open daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Cindy Hutson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ortanique on the Mile delivers the abundant flavors of the Caribbean to your home. Chef Hutson and team will prepare a meal for parties of 4 or 400.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Georgina Pariente at the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Georgina Pariente 3054467710
A word from Ortanique on the Mile
The tropical feel and delicious aromas of the Islands abound at Ortanique. Hand painted motifs of Ortanique oranges and flowers grace the walls and rich natural woods complete the picture. Chef Cindy Hutson offers guests her award-winning "Cuisine of the Sun"...a fusion of different nations & the freshest of nature's bounty, combined with exciting and exotic tropical flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ortanique on the Mile reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (50)notable wine list (41)good for groups (31)hot spot (31)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Gables Miami Spice LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Loved that they featured the Miami Spice offerings when giving us menus. Hate when other Gables restaurants only grudgingly give you the Miami Spice menu after you have to ask for it. Good selection of appetizers. We loved the corvina ceviche and conch & corn fritters. Entree - skirt steak served with duck fat fries and charred broccolini - everything cooked to perfection. Lunch mate had the salmon (a Miami Spice staple) with a tasty ginger glaze, Jasmine rice and baby bok choy. Desserts - as we are both Miami natives, went with the mango tres leches. Very yummy - not ultra sweet like many local versions. The Paradise Cooler drink (Ciroc coconut,watermelon and pineapple juice) worked well with the meal. Terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed itpeterADined on 9/13/2014we went for miami spice, but decided to order from the main menu. generally, a nice overall experience--good food, good service, good atmosphere. would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This is the second time I take advantage of their Miami Spice menu and I had the cornish hen which was delicious. The only thing I would say is that the service was not as I was accustomed to at Ortanique. Our waitress was very aloof and unattentive, she did not go out of her way to explain the menu or did she comeby to ask if everything was okay as is customary. I attribute this to the fact that the restaurant was packed this Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lourdesDined on 9/13/2014Very nice surprise! Enjoyed everything - food, ambiance, service.Special Features:
- Food is OutstandingPeggyDined on 9/13/2014Happy to see the Ortanique is still busy and doing well after so many years. The food is outstanding - service less so, but more than adequate. I had not been in for some time, but took advantage of the Miami Spice promotion. Loved the Ceviche and the Swordfish. I had a bite of the pork tenderloin which was moist and tender. All the dessert options are winners as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantPatF1025VIPDined on 9/13/2014Possibly the nicest restaurant in Coral Gables. Just outstanding. Food, service, ambience. How have I not gone here before? BravoSpecial Features:
- Not impressedAdventurousOneDined on 9/13/2014We went for Miami Spice. The food was just ok. Nothing to write home about. The service was average at best. It was also a bit noisy. Will not be going back.Special Features:
- greatmamaDined on 9/13/2014as usual, except a new waitress, young blonde served us. she kept confusing things, took a really long time to bring dessert even though we pre-ordered them etc.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDeliciousDined on 9/12/2014I had a great night with my husband. Wine and food were excellent! We took advantage of the Miami Spice and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative yummy food!BlinggalVIPDined on 9/12/2014Tired of eating the same old thing? Come her and discover new caribbean flavors created by Chef Cindy Hutson.Special Features:
- Amazing atmospheregoodtimesDined on 9/11/2014Great place to dine, catch up with friends and enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greendragon519Dined on 9/6/2014We have dined her several times since the restaurant opened. This was the first time we tried the Miami Spice Menu. We tried the duck, the salmon, the garbanzos, conch fritters, mango tres leches, coconut panacotta, and Blue Mountain coffee. It was a good value. The mango tres leches stood out. The duck was interesting. The only drawback was the long wait. Despite having reservations, we had to wait 45 minutes at the bar until our table was ready. The hostess said she would get us a better table. It was fine. We did not mind waiting, but other patrons might object.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miami spicePeterVIPDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went for a Miami Spice night out, wife had grouper and I had swordfish. Both dishes were well prepared, although not the best I have had, both dishes were good. For appetizer I had fritters which were average, my wife had a salad. For desert wife went for the mango tres leches, a bit too sweet for me, I ended with coconut panna cotta which was good. Overall a nice night out with my wfe.Special Features:
- Always excellentGastrofanVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have never had a bad meal at Ortaniques. And the drinks are outstanding! Always full but not too crowded. It's perfect.Special Features:
- great girlfriend lunchfoodiepastDined on 9/5/2014miami spice menu waas fantastic and i cant aait to come back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sure to become a favorite .bonappetitDined on 9/4/2014Really enjoyed Ortanique. Excellent for and service. Enjoyed the calamari salad and fish of the day prepared with a Creole sauce. My husband enjoyed the duck as one of the best he's had. Leave room for the bread pudding of the day!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good miami spice menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent miami spice menu. Wine list is limited and expensive compared to restaurants in the same category. Food was excellent. Will return. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeyDined on 9/2/2014Attentive staff, creative menu, lovely ambiance, memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish all dayStogieDined on 8/31/2014Our table had the ceviche, grouper and ahi tuna...excellent food all around!Special Features:
- Disappointment after great memoriesmiamilawDined on 8/30/2014We have been to this restaurant three or four times int the past. We were disappointed this time. The food was good, but the service was poor. There were four of us. The waiter brought the main course for three people but not mine. I waited a minute or two thinking that he would return. After five minutes. we got another waiter since ours never returned. I told him about my meal and that we had ordered two glasses of wine, which had not been delivered. I got my meal, but then had to ask another waiter about the wine. When we ordered coffee, we were excited about ordering the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee as before. The waiter said that they did not have it, but had another coffee that was just as good. It was not.Special Features:
- XExeadVIPDined on 8/29/2014Only fault was wine list : every 1/2 bottle I ordered was gone. Time to update ?Special Features:
- Love the foodlovenewrestaurantsDined on 8/26/2014Love the restaurant, Cindy's food is more than amazing, the service is great. We had a great time. The appetizer of Caicos Island Conch and Corn Fritters were better than the conch fritters I had for lunch in the keys. That Mango Tres Leches dessert that Cindy makes is absolutely amazing, I would go there just for that. AlsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet cuisineStormDined on 8/24/2014This is my third time to this fabulous restaurant. I am Jamaican but I have NEVER found a restaurant like this in Jamaica. They have taken island specialities and added a gourmet flair to them. THe TASTE of each dish, each sauce.....just explodes in your mouth. The service is first class, warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Unique Restaurantconnoisseur1VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is located in miracle mile in historic Coral Gables. Viewing the restaurant from the street front you would never know the beauty inside. The food is good with a Jamaican twist. The wine list is extensive with prices for everyone. The personnel is pleasant, but the service is a three star. However, they can't be blame too much for this inefficiency because the restaurant is extremely full. Therefore, for the amount of clients, they tend to the service adequate to good. I will return to this restaurant and will be recommended to family and friends.Special Features:
- Ortanique always a winnerTerriDined on 8/23/2014This was our second visit and our first Miami Spice experience here or anywhere. Ortanique has terrific food and service. Great Mojitos. Can't go wrong here. The Miami Spice menu gave us each an appetizer, entree and dessert. I had ceviche, Swordfish with rice and red velvet ice cream. Ate every bite! There were 6 of us and we were there 2 hours. No rush, a wonderful restaurauntSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Had lunch at Ortanique and ate off of the Miami Spice menu. The food was wonderful. We tried the coffee rubbed salmon and snapper with a curry sauce. Both were excellent as usual. The Spice menu changes daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food & drinksFoodieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed Ponzu Octopus Crevice to start and Conch Fritter to start, and Red snapper/steak/Jerk Chicken Penne pasta which were all excellent. finished with the excellent Tres Leches.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We had a very nice lunch Miami Spice. The food was amazing. A very nice blend of flavors and colors. The service was exceptional. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisDined on 8/17/2014Me and my fiancé went for our second anniversary dinner and it was truly amazing great staff , great food, great service and overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousananoleDined on 8/16/2014Great food, great service and great ambiance. They ran late on reserved time, but reasonable bar prices made it a pleasant wait.Special Features:
- Really a sunny cuisinFumaDined on 8/16/2014Great taste And ambience, everytime I come in Miami Ortanique is a must (I'm italian And is not easy to find such a tastefully restaurant for an italian food lover)Special Features:
- BrianDined on 8/16/2014We had the Miami Spice menu starting with the fritters which were very good. For the main course we had the swordfish which was quite moist done with a nice sauce served with rice. Mango tres leches is a favourite and didn't disappoint. The restaurant has a very nice bar, with a good selection of scotch, unusual for a smaller restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Miami Spice DinnerDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Innovative menu; excellent service and romantic atmosphere. This restaurant is sincerely into the Miami Spice Program.Special Features:
- Excellent MealbuzzDined on 8/16/2014This was my third time dining at Ortanique, and all my meals have been exceptional. This time, I went with my mother and sister, and we ordered from the Miami Spice menu. The staff was attentive, and they made sure we were able to finish in time to make it to Gables Stage. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very goodDonnyDined on 8/14/2014Food exceptional, service very good, tables so close you need to shut out nearby conversations, particularly with the Miami crowdSpecial Features:
- casualdinerDined on 8/13/2014Ortanique is my favorite place to celebrate a special occassion. The food is interesting and delicious, and the wait staff friendly and helpful. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 person business dinnerformulalfredDined on 8/7/2014Food was very good, however, mid-way through dinner, they placed a large party right next to us that was VERY loud. Made our business dinner tough to deal with. We didn't even have dessert just to be able to leave the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS "ON POINT!" AMAZING!CecyDined on 8/1/2014As Sión as you walk in it males me qant to sing " Happy" Pharrell's HIT, well I must say, this place is a real HIT, from the ambiamce as soon as you walk in, the delicious "toasty" bread with just the right touch of garlic , the "addictive" ceviche with the crunchy plaintain and delicious guacamole , the pumpkin spice soup And ALL the soups always are an explosión of exotic tastes, we miss the Bahamian Black Grouper, we know there is a moratorium right now. The ending is just something that you remember forever, from the mango tees leches , the rum cake, it's an experience I think all who visit South Florida and Coral Gables can't miss!! My salute to The amazing Cindy and her loving Delius, to much success!! We loved the Cayman too!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous but don't like to waitTastebuddivineDined on 7/26/2014We had a reservation for 8:30 but had to wait for over an hour. Someone came over to apologize after abt 45 mins. We waited by the bar which was very tight. The bartender was wonderful and their special cocktail was delicious. We were finally seated and everything proceeded to take a long time. We were starving and it was well past 10 when they finally brought us some bread after asking twice. Everything we are was superb. EVERYTHING. But having to wait for each dish for so long was frustrating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClaramVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food all the time. Love the blend of spices.Special Features: