Ortanique Grand Cayman
47 Forum Lane
Grand Cayman, KY1-9006Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Ortanique Grand Cayman
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cindyhutsoncuisine.com/
- Phone: (345) 640-7710
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Contemporary Asian, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Cindy Hutson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Ortanique Grand Cayman
Award winning chef/owner Cindy Hutson will dazzle and delight your palate by creating dishes using traditional Caribbean ingredients in an innovative way. By concentrating on the wonderful flavor combinations of fish, fruits, vegetables and traditional tropical seasonings, Ortanique offers diners authentic Caribbean cuisine with a fresh, light attitude.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ortanique Grand Cayman - Best Restaurants in Grand Cayman ›
Ortanique Grand Cayman reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RleadineVIPDined on 10/7/2014Delicious Fisherman's Catch! Outdoor dining is gorgeous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/9/2014My last visit was very enjoyable. The food was very good and the service was good. It is very pleasant sitting outside near the water. Don't go too early. Camana Bay can be overrun with screaming children before 7PM.Special Features:
- A Gem in Camana Bay!WRFGVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our 4th visit to Ortanique was as amazing as the first, second and third over the past two weeks. The team at Ortanique provide a dining experience that is truly outstanding, and everything I've tried on the menu (appetizers, mains, desserts) has had that unique touch that makes this place so special. We had the pleasure of hosting another couple, and they were very impressed and loved the evening. Well done everyone! See you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic again!WRFGVIPDined on 8/2/2014We returned for the second time on this trip, and completely enjoyed the evening from start to finish. Our server, Elizabeth, was exceptional, and made a wonderful evening even better. See you again on Wednesday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWRFGVIPDined on 7/30/2014From start to finish, our dinner for four, on July 30th, was outstanding. Our main server, Mary, a lovely Filipina, described items on the menu with such style that each item seemed like the "one to have". Her knowledge of wines is exceptional. The atmosphere - nicely upscale yet relaxed. Food preparation and presentation - like a work of art. Amazing taste sensations. Simply something else! Mary, and the supporting wait staff were excellent, and made our evening at Ortanique one to remember. And Mary, we'll be back a couple of more times on this visit!Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Ortanique Grand Cayman reviews archive.
- Good food, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Visited from New York while on vacation. The setting is beautiful. Restaurant is located in the Camana Bay shopping area, short drive from the seven mile beach. Food was good by New York standards, but overpriced. Service was exceptional. We were a group of 20, including 6 kids who shared courses. It was a bit disappointing to discover a $5 course-sharing charges attached to our $800+ bill???Be aware that prices are listed in local currency : at the time of our dinner that resulted in 20% greater US dollar charge vs. The listed price...Special Features:
- Delicious and charmingSSmithDined on 3/29/2014Lovely dining spot in Camana Bay. Great ambiance, personable staff and awesome food. Seafood shines in the ceviches and fresh catch menu items. No rush to move you along, they are delighted to have you dine with them. Would be fun for happy hour as well as they have cozy couch areas. Great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningEatFishVIPDined on 3/10/2014Great place for outdoor dining in the evenings, EXCEPT when seated next to 30 people in a cigar smoking club! The smells and smoke were overpowering and ruined an otherwise fine dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/6/2014We were in and out in 45 min Thats ridiculous. Our appetizers came before our cocktails We would have ordered a bottle if wine but we knew our food would be gone before it cameI would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of everythingAnnieEVIPDined on 2/22/2014Ortanique , at Camana Bay, on Grand Cayman has food that surpasses the quality of most restaurant s. This is our second vacation to Grand Cayman, and the ambience, food, presentation is hard to top, even in New York......but the view to the sea and tha ability to dine indoors or outdoors is wonderful. First time we went for dinner, this past Saturday, we had lunch. Fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you like salt…and waitingCayFanVIPDined on 2/19/2014Out of our whole week in Cayman with dozens of dining options, I was really looking forward to this restaurant most of all. The idea sounded so promising, and the reviews made it sound like Ortanique delivered on the hype. Well, we were disappointed. We ate in so many superior restaurants on Grand Cayman during the rest of the trip, and they were all striving to be restaurants -- not cash cows for investors. To begin with, even though it was not particularly crowded, we waited excessively at every stage. Getting the drink order in, then the food orders. Seeing the first course come out, only to wait 30 minutes for the entrees. The seafood was overly salted, the sweetness and texture needlessly cloaked in sharp sodium. Shrimp was not fresh.Special Features:
- Ortanique at Camana BaydrhdhomeVIPDined on 2/13/2014Great place. Too expensive, though. I ordered a Norma Salad ($14.00) and added scallops. They charged me $12.00 extra for two pieces of scallop. That was ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ortanique deliversMeeZerDined on 2/12/2014The food was outstanding, the waitress engaging and the setting very nice. While a bit pricey, the cost was overshadowed by the quality of the dishes. We had a snapper ceviche-tuna tartare combo that was amazing. Our entrees were every bit as good. My wife had the coconut shrimp and seared diver scallops and I had the ahi prepared island style. Awesome! We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Caribbean fusion cuisinejosephVIPDined on 2/7/2014We were very impressed by the food at th Caribbean fusion spot - the chocolate/cocoa crusted salmon was incredible! And the view from the waterfront table was great! We loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening in paradiseemsfromwiDined on 2/7/2014This is our third trip to Ortanique. We make it a point to have dinner here whenever we vacation in Grand Cayman. It is the perfect combination of superb food, charming outdoor eating and capable service in a peaceful, relaxing setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CaribbeanStephenPlusGwenDined on 2/3/2014The food was superb. The ceviche, with lots of lime, creative spicing and wahu, was truly spectacular. The heaven-sent coconut cake dessert is an absolute must-try. Light as a feather; loaded with shaved fresh coconut. Spectacular. Service could have been more prompt; but the food was very good.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/2/2014Lovely location, excellent food, pricey but well worth it. Staff, particularly Maria from England and mwangi from Kenya added to the evening. Well worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate chain?xyz1Dined on 1/31/2014Some dishes were very good, but not the special duck confit salad. Duck confit should be succulent with crispy skin. There was not a fleck of crisped duck skin and the meat was desiccated to the point of being hard and tasteless—should have been called duck jerky. Serving were generous—to make up for quality? Had the feel of a chain restaurant. For the prices, Ortanique is too inconsistent and pretentious.
- New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/31/2013We had a wonderful and memorable meal......must try the braised short rib app....one of the best ever!Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DiningHHRSCaymanDined on 12/31/2013We dined at Ortanique at an early seating on New Year's Eve to enjoy the fireworks with our daughter. I was absolutely (as were our guests) delighted by the service and the food we received. The team at Ortanique were fabulous from the time we arrived until the time we left. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Beata was wonderful.canuckinmaDined on 12/27/2013Our server Beata was wonderful. Calamari appetizer was a bit tough, but the rest of the meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in CaymanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/18/2013Ortanique was just what I was looking for the other night for dinner. I had the braised short ribs for an appetizer and the catch of the day which was wahoo for an entree. Both were exceptional. I ate at the bar and had outstanding service from a very knowledgeable bartender. He pared the wines with both dishes well. Their wine selection was diverse and of an appropriate quality and price point. I summary, I enjoyed dining at Ortanique and would certainly recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a priceTorch1380VIPDined on 11/14/2013This second restaurant, the other in Miami serves great tasting, generous portions, and nice presentation. The service was less than wonderful due to not enough staff. They did try but the were waits for all parts of the meal which was longer then one wishes. Dishes prepared with good planning, tasty and different. Would recommend but plan to make it your only activity if going on a busy night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to feel very specialWheezyDined on 10/31/2013To start with, the food was amazing. Even though there were only two of us and we didn't spend big money, the staff made us feel very special. Every dish we asked for more information on was described in great detail with obvious knowledge of the meals. We didn't feel abandoned for a moment and there was always someone available when we needed something. We sat outside and it was perfect. Will definitely be going to Ortanique more regularly, the food really is that good. Also, they do great coffee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2013All of our dining experiences on the island were above par and Ortanique was no different. The Grouper might have been the best single thing I have ever eaten in my life and I have eaten in James Beard winning and Michelin star rated restaurants.Special Features:
- Our food was delicious andFoodfan21Dined on 8/13/2013Our food was delicious and the service was even better. My husband and I both had the pan seared shrimp and thought they were prepared perfectly. My mango mojito was to die for and the lemongrass with starfruit creme brûlée was so rich and creamy that I would definitely order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a bit slow.. was notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Service a bit slow.. was not impressed that it took 30 mins for bread to be sent to table. Ching Ching birds also a bother.
- The food was fantastic andskibumDined on 4/23/2013The food was fantastic and the outdoor ambiance was unbeatable!Special Features:
- My first time at OrtaniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/10/2013My first time at Ortanique and was very pleasantly surprised by the menu, happy hour specials and cocktail menu. Will definitely visit during my next trip to Grand Cayman.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantastic in everyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013Absolutely fantastic in every way. Wide variety of entree choices including vegetarian options. Very creative cuisine with nice presentation and excellent flavor combinations. Outdoor area with nice ambiance and waterway/tropical island view. Quiet, but not too quiet. Enthusiastic server that obviously was a fan of the food and chef and had great opinions and suggestions. Wine list was very extensive and reasonably priced 25% off Tuesday. Price was on the high side, but worth it!Special Features:
- Worth a returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/1/2013We dined al fresco at a few quality establishments while in Grand Cayman, and Ortanique was a definite highlight. We started with the ceviche / tartare appetizer of local fish, followed by the day's fish special and ribeye. The food was delicious, the service on-point, and the $5 house mojitos (Monday's only) were thirst quenching. Overall, an excellent experience.Special Features:
- We ate here our first nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013We ate here our first night in the Caymans and it was a warm, wonderful welcome. The fish was prepared just right, the drinks were interesting and the outdoor dining area was wonderfully tropical. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- A very good restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/2/2013A very good restaurant with a creative menu. The seafood was fresh and very well prepared. This is one of quite a few excellent places on this small island. We had a great server and a very good time. The restaurant is located in a newer shopping area with a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- The food was an 8. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2013The food was an 8. The service was a 5. After ordering, we did not see our waiter until after we had already been served our appetizer. Unfortunately, this was a little late, since we had ordered wine with dinner. The staff ran our apps out, but didn't wait to see if we needed anything else (our wine! it was an anniversary dinner after all!!!). But I guess our waiter didn't care about that. The food was was good, but good luck with the follow up from the wait staff. YMMV.Special Features:
- spectacular sibling to theplecticalVIPDined on 1/5/2013spectacular sibling to the Miami original.....highly recommended,,,,fritters are a must,,,,sit outside,,,weather allowingSpecial Features:
- AvoidOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/29/2012Avoid - poor service and mediocre food. While we were ordering, our server kept wiping his nose with his hand. It was all downhill from there. Slooowww service and food not worth the wait.
- Everything was so good! thanksOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/22/2012Everything was so good! thanks for a wonderful evening of food and wine. we could not enjoyed our food more and the restaurant ambiance is fantastic. one of the best places to enjoy a meal in grand cayman, the food is soooo good.Special Features:
- My 4th visit to this resturantEarlVIPDined on 11/23/2012My 4th visit to this resturant and it is always a pleasure. The seafood is fresh and fantastic!Special Features:
- Second piece of bread you pay for?JimmyVIPDined on 11/19/2012The food is good, not great but good. Here is what ruined the entire meal - you are in a nice resturant with not so cheap prices and they call themselves fine dining - yet the waiter tells you your first basket of bread is free but you have to pay more if you want it. REally, to me that is called McDonalds, get serious = we were at the Ritz Carlton and they gave us as much bread as we wanted for comparable prices, however, we don't want to overload on bread when the food is good. Just add it to the bill and stop telling people sounds cheap and diminishes the entire experience.Special Features:
- Location, Location, Location!cmgparsonsVIPDined on 3/14/2012It's all about the location. Absolutely delightful! The menu was a bit confusing and none of the three of us were wowed by the food. Our server was not the most attentive. I'd probably return because of the ambiance.Special Features: