75 Washington Street
Pembroke, MA 02359Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ortarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7818268883x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brett Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book a private event in our Grotto. A private dining room with a full bar that comfortably seats 40. Perfect for all small gatherings, the grotto is an intimate and cozy space with a private entrance located at the rear of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Williams 7818268883x
A word from Orta Restaurant
Named from a lake in the Piedmont region of Italy, Orta is a modern Italian restaurant located at the intersections of 139 and 53 in Pembroke. We apply Italian culinary philosophy to locally sourced product. Please join us in our dining room that features an open kitchen with a newly constructed pizza oven, or swing by the bar and try our wonderful libations, wines, and craft beer selection. We also offer a private function room that can roughly seat forty people, call or visit our website for details. We are open 7 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Orta Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Pembroke ›
Orta Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (54)romantic (36)good for groups (29)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Can the Canned MuzaknphRNDined on 8/29/2014Very good food however overshadowed by the Muzak, beat could still be heard and felt in spite of loud background voices of diners. If you are looking for a relaxing dining experience this is not it.
- Always good here!Kim1Dined on 8/29/2014The food is a little expensive but its worth it. I got the pizza, which is always cooked to order and my husband got the raviolis and they were delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- grammysue11grammysue11Dined on 8/23/2014Loved it as always!! Orta never disappoints, great food, service and atmosphere!! Favorite restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requested a better seating locationbdaddyDined on 8/22/2014My compaint is with the matradee and our seats! Arrived on time and the place was pretty empty. The matradee showed us to our seats right be the main entrance. I requested if it would be Ok to move and his said NO, all the others seats are reserved. Well that would have been fine but sitting be the main entrance I could hear everything as people arrived and none of them had reservation By the time we finished dinner, thete were serveral seats available. I would never go back a nd would no recommend Orta to anyone!
- used to love itsusanDined on 8/22/2014The tables are packed together and our table was for two and a long table so we would have to talk loudly to hear each other. When we asked to be moved the manager made it like it was a huge inconvenience . We were moved to the bar area which is even more crowded than the dinning room. Our service in the dinning room was not good. They brought menus 2 wine menus and one dinning menu. No one came for a drink order for a good 10 minutes. Meanwhile the table next to us, sat after us, had bread and water and was about to order drinks. The entree was delicious and very pricey!Special Features:
- ShelleyDined on 8/21/2014Food was great. Jessica gave excellent service. Orta is our favorite date night spot. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Exceptional service. Great food. Love the staff and wine.Special Features:
- Great Food South of BostonJohnCDined on 8/19/2014A nearby gem. This is the third time we have dined at Orta and each experience was outstanding. This restaurant equals any Boston quality dining without the drive and traffic. The food was outstanding, the wait staff was helpful, courteous and timed delivery of the three courses perfectly. I highly recommend Orta. The atmosphere is vibrant without being noisy, We were seated upon arrival without a wait. Our table was as requested in our Open Table reservation" a table in a quiet area" and that;s exactly where we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal, great service!TobyMaxDined on 8/19/2014The entire dining experience was wonderful. Braised short ribs were well seasoned and tender. The lamb special was cooked to perfection. Servers were very attentive and didn't rush the meal. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningdeluxeburyDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely the best appetizer menu great pizza,desserts, beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christine1529Christine1529Dined on 8/18/2014Fabulous. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the overall dining experience was truly terrific. I would highly recommend Orta to anyone. It's a must!Special Features:
- Great restaurantEleanoreDined on 8/16/2014Always great service and wonderful food. Chef is creative and presentation of meals lovely. We dine here often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu46Dined on 8/15/2014wonderful food great service ate in bar area and it was very relaxing and the noise level was lowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience.YvieDined on 8/15/2014Although we had a reservation we had trouble getting a decent table that wasn't next to the front door we finally settled in the bar the food was fine overall very nice experience.Special Features:
- Reliably greatMarieVIPDined on 8/14/2014We eat here every couple of months. The food is always good, but the service sets them apart. This is not some local dive with inexperienced kids waiting tables. The service is always professional and friendly. I have to note that they have lobster bisque on the menu now and it is REAL bisque unlike so many local places that put lobster in clam chowder instead of clams and call it lobster bisque. Bisque and chowder are not the same thing but Orta has one of the few local chefs that seems to know that.
- DisappointingBScapDined on 8/12/2014We arrived at Orta to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was 7pm on a Tuesday night and the place was packed. Even though we had a dinner reservation thru Open Table we were seated at a high top in the no man's land between the bar and the dining room with a view of the bathroom and the staff registers. A high top table is not the most comfortable seating and to make matter worse our table was not level. I mentioned to the hostess that I thought we would have been seated at a regular table since we had a reservation, but she did not offer to move us. The service we received was fine, but unfortunately the food was not. We had an excellent appetizer: beef carpaccio, but the sauces on both entrees were over-salted and a disappointment.Special Features:
- A family favoritemoandfamilyDined on 8/8/2014Has been a family favorite. A little pricy but meals that are usually creative, definitely not the run of the mill. They were busy but not crazy and this was good as we had at least one disappointing experience in the past. I still think the wait was a little long but not excessive. My chicken special was good stuffed chicken special, came with potatoes but no veggie) my husband lived grid seated tuna and we ask thought my daughters fig pizza was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!!!!beantownbabyDined on 8/7/2014Brett is a rock star in the kitchen!! Phenomenal menu, perfect execution, and overall awesome experience! We loved everything we ordered and can not wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orta never disappoints!KimbirDined on 7/31/2014Orta is a hidden gem. I've been here for date night with my husband, meeting friends for drinks or as a family - especially great when the kids can make their own pizza! They have a good variety of options on the menu and the food is always fresh and excellent. The staff is always great about understanding my family's food allergies. Fantastic atmosphere as well! My favorite spot for dining on the South Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GMD47VIPDined on 7/27/2014Pizza was excellent! Nice thin crust cooked to perfection in a stone oven. Short ribs were tasty with delicious light gnocchi . The caprese salad was very tasty. Only downside was the place seems a little run down and one of the new waiters almost dumped a charcuterie tray on some unsuspecting customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- selling my second grouponJoanneDined on 7/27/2014I dined at Orta on Sunday evening with a friend. I was very disappointed in the food and moreover the chef allowing the food to leave the kitchen as such. We ordered the arancini appetizer. I have had them everywhere from the North end of Boston to restaurants in So Boston and these were terrible. Overcooked to the point of burnt and very small. They are supposed to be very moist, not crispy and dry. We both ordered the chicken bracciola with risotto. The menu said it had a mustard cream sauce. You'd think the sauce would be drizzled on top of the chicken not a cup or more of it put down into the dish and then the risotto on top of that! All I tasted when I tried the risotto was mustard. Chicken was terribly dry, I did not eat.
- Add it to the rotationDonaldKDonaldDined on 7/26/2014Great creative & flavorful Italian food, including real brick-oven pizza. Appetizers are tremendous (try the lobster cake). We are adding this to our rotation on the South Shore.Special Features:
- Orta Reviewfood21Dined on 7/25/2014One of the best dining experiences I have ever had. It was my anniversary and they made us feel so special with a private table with flowers and brought us champagne and a dessert on the house. Everything about the experience was perfect and I am so glad I booked my reservation at this restaurant. The food was great, the service was great. They went above and beyond my expectations. A truely great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeCarolinae09Dined on 7/20/2014I love everything there, Stuart was attentive, everyone was very friendly.Special Features:
- Consistently Fabulous!Whats4dinnahDined on 7/18/2014Always a great meal, service and atmosphere. Favorite drink- Caravella martini, favorite dish salmon. The brick oven pizza is always delish and unique fabulous salads to start. Always a treat to dine at OrtaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingCj4555Dined on 7/18/2014When making a reservation I would specify an alcove table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableGood2goDined on 7/16/2014I had an enjoyable time at Orta. My husband and I were seated immediately given our reservations. The restaurant was packed on a Wednesday. I noticed a few larger parties awkwardly seated. My brick oven pizza had great flavor; yes, the edge of the crust was burnt but that is the way brick oven pizza should be! I also enjoyed a homemade dessert. Our waitress was terrific. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another time ?dineoutDined on 7/15/2014We went back to Orta’s last Tuesday night. The restaurant was busy but we were seated promptly at the table requested. Unfortunately, even though the bartender who was waiting on us was attentive, he clearly could have used help. We got our drinks, had a short wait for our salad, and had to ask for bread. However, our dinner took forever to come. Customers at the tables around us were waiting equally as long and were also frustrated. Orta’s was understaffed and workers were overwhelmed. The food was good but spoiled by the excessive wait time.Special Features:
- Great foodLetitrideDined on 7/13/2014Food was extremely good, I would recommend Orta to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LdesiDined on 7/12/2014Always a fantastic dinner, great service, and good peopleSpecial Features:
- Amazing!ShelleyDined on 7/11/2014Best meal that my boyfriend and I have had in a while. Our waiter Shawn was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Mission Statement"ZebsDined on 7/11/2014I had a chance to meet the owner and head chef. He told me, "If I have the ingredients, I will make you anything you want...". That is an owner/operator who knows what is important when it comes to customer service in the restaurant industry. Make sure you ask for the gluten free menu.Special Features:
- GREAT! Go you will enjoy!MaryAnnDined on 7/5/2014The food is great here! Nice wine selection. The atmosphere is nice, staff always friendly. We have never had a bad meal or experience here. Try one of the brick oven pizzas as an app, we tried the short rib with gorgonzola cheese - very different loved it, it's plenty big to share. The desserts are terrific, try the mini cheesecakes!Special Features:
- Beautiful EstablishmentSiulkaFoodDined on 7/3/2014Awesome staff, calming decor and amazing food! I will definitely return when visiting family in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice mealddamon406VIPDined on 6/30/2014We go to Orta often. This time we tried a Monday night. Another great dinner. I had the local sole with asparagus risotto...fantastic! The touch of cilantro on the top made the flavors really pop. My guest had the short ribs, which he usually gets and which never disappoints.Special Features:
- TommyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food is good, but not outstanding. I think it is overpriced for the food and ambience compared to other restaurants in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudCharlieDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed the food but found the "buzz" in the restaurant to be unpleasantly loud. We were also a bit surprised that in spite of having made a reservation, we were offered a "high top" in the bar. We asked for a table in the main restaurant and they happily gave us one but my general impression has always been that high tops in the bar are saved for walk-ins (unless someone specifically requests one.)
- rest4Dined on 6/27/2014good food, could be a few more choices on menu especially on pizzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptionally yummy!ZonnieDined on 6/26/2014We are foodies and regular diners at Orta. This time I ordered sautéed sole on top of asparagus risotto w. a to-die-for sauce. It was different, light and stupendous.....really the best restaurant dish I'd had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Nice spot, first time we had been. Service was very good, menu selection and specials were great. Will definitely go again.