75 Washington Street
Pembroke, MA 02359Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ortarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7818268883x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brett Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book a private event in our Grotto. A private dining room with a full bar that comfortably seats 40. Perfect for all small gatherings, the grotto is an intimate and cozy space with a private entrance located at the rear of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Cara Williams 7818268883x
A word from Orta Restaurant
Named from a lake in the Piedmont region of Italy, Orta is a modern Italian restaurant located at the intersections of 139 and 53 in Pembroke. We apply Italian culinary philosophy to locally sourced product. Please join us in our dining room that features an open kitchen with a newly constructed pizza oven, or swing by the bar and try our wonderful libations, wines, and craft beer selection. We also offer a private function room that can roughly seat forty people, call or visit our website for details. We are open 7 nights a week. Please visit www.ortarestaurant.com/site/menus/ to see our current menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Orta Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Pembroke ›
Orta Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (68)special occasion (43)romantic (41)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ShelleyDined on 10/21/2014So sad about our last visit. This is usually our favorite date night spot and our experience was horrible this time. For example, we were made to feel bad, by our server, about wanting bread because we ordered pizza for dinner. The food was delicious as always but it didn't make up for how we were treated. To top it off, a slice of my ($15) pizza was dropped on the floor as it was being brought back to get packed up and I was offered free bread to make up for it (the same kind I was ashamed to indulge in at the start). After that ordeal, our server was extremely rude to us and made us feel even more unwelcome than before. That's a lot to be said since we spent almost $100 dollars on two individual pizzas and a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Always GreatfoodieDined on 10/20/2014I've had 4 visits to Orta and all 4 have been excellent. If you are looking for excellent food, wine and service, this is the place to go. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable and every dish from the bread on the table to dessert is always rich, fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- vallVIPDined on 10/17/2014Overall, the food is good, but, would like some more simple and cleaner items on the menu. Everything is heavy.
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Orta continues to change their menu and we are always surprised how we love the new things on the menu. The food is excellent and so is the service. It has become our favorite restaurant on the South ShoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRob51Dined on 9/20/2014Everything was great. Service was timely. Special antipasto was out of this world! Drunken Mushroom pizza is to die for. We had a fabulous time.Special Features:
- Most enjoyableLuv2dineDined on 9/20/2014From the first greeting to the last bite, Orta is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealRobinDVIPDined on 9/18/2014My 3 friends a I gathered here for good conversation and a delicious meal. The matinis were great before dinner. I can highly recommend the sole, the salmon, and the swordfish dinners. We were all pleased with the taste and the presentation of our food.Special Features:
- GMD47VIPDined on 9/14/2014This was our second time here and we were disappointed. The caprese salad was excellent, the chicken stuffed with provolone and prosuitto was dry and the mini cheese cake desert was dry and pasty. It will be awhile before we head back for a third try.Special Features:
- Food was cold and over cookedDuendeDined on 9/13/2014The salmon and spaghetti squash were overcooked. The beef spare rib was overly fatty and arrived cold. The homemade gnocchi was also cold and overcooked. Our apple crisp dessert was dominated by dough, little or no apples and almost burnt on the bottom. Disappointing. The fried eggplant appetizer was the only good part of the meal.
- Top notch restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our daughter had been there and could not wait to have her parents come and enjoy it with the whole family. There were plenty of choices on the extensive menu that allowed every one to make a perfect choice for themselves. The food was as good as it gets! Wish it were on Cape Cod but since our family is close to Orta, we will be back as often as we can. The owner/hostess was especially friendly and made us feel welcome both as we came and went. I was very impressed with this restaurant in all phases as Bellichek says!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMeredithDined on 9/13/2014We had a great meal -- I had pizza, my husband and one of the other couple with us had short ribs, and the fourth person had a rib eye special and none of us were disappointed. I order pizza everywhere and this was delicious; crust was yummy (although disappointingly burnt on the bottom), light toppings, delicious sauce. There was a mix up in that my husband was promised the sword fish special but they ended up being out (Hello? It was 6:30...how do you run out of your special by 6:30?). Also the other man in our party was brought the wrong meal. They did give us a free dessert but it was small and their choice not ours. But all in all they did a nice job making up for it and they let us linger over dinner for two hours which was niceSpecial Features:
- Bad BracioleSadlocalDined on 9/13/2014Sat us near the open front door, despite a nearly empty restaurant. The waiter was pleasant. Lobster risotto cake appetizer was good, but one was overcooked. Pumpkin ravioli with scallops was delicious, but Chicken Braciole was tender on the first bite but chewy and inedible for the rest of the entrée. Risotto base was good, but too much of it. Pricey for a poor entrée.
- House wineDg8153Dined on 9/12/201410 bucks for a small glass of house merlo way too much!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014Orta always offers great food. I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed---no hurry to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/9/2014We went to Orta's on a Tuesday night. Even though we had reservations, we waited 30 minutes to be seated. The staff was obviously not expecting such a busy night as to how frazzled they seemed. We ordered the filet mignon and pork tenderloin dishes. They were cooked to perfection, but extremely salty. We will not be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014Used living social coupon, but did not matter love the food and the bar bill exceeded the food total....Special Features:
- soooo good!mom4MacsDined on 9/6/2014I had the pumpkin ravioli and scallops, it was amazing!!! The sauce was not creamy and not too sweet which is how unfortunately too many restaurants make pumpkin ravioli and ruin the dish. Orta made this dish PERFECTLY! Savored every bite...can't stop thinking about when i can go back to have it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Expecting MorenoneDined on 9/5/2014Our recent visit was probably the 7th or 8th time we have been to Orta. I asked to reserve a high top table but I guess I was not descriptive enough because although we did get a high top, it was in the bar area. I really dislike eating there because people keep coming in and they wind up standing 10 inches from your table. The noise level is high. It is just difficult to enjoy a meal in that sort of setting. I also was expecting more from my meal. I had the ziti with broccolli and chicken. The sauce barely had much of a flavor to it and although the menu said grilled chicken, none of the pieces I had seemed to have been grilled....moreso par boiled. My wife's meal was excellent. The service was superb. Avoid the bar area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Food was delicious! Only thing was that it was hot sitting near the brick oven...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing changesTimCDined on 9/5/2014As regulars to Orta we have become intimately familiar with the menu, wine list, wait staff, etc. We have always felt comfortable there whether it be for a night cap at the bar, dinner on date night, dinner with the whole family or special occasions. Orta has recently made several changes; most notably taking some of the old standbys off the wine and dinner menu while raising prices which has negatively impacted our experience at Orta. The food quality is still good, the staff is still very courteous but we are finding the price point is becoming hard to justify given the overall experience. Small/personal margarita pizza $15, chicken pasta dish $24. We are less inclined to return given the last couple visits which is unfortunate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Servers were polite, knowledgeable, and fast. We had a delicious meal. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can the Canned MuzaknphRNDined on 8/29/2014Very good food however overshadowed by the Muzak, beat could still be heard and felt in spite of loud background voices of diners. If you are looking for a relaxing dining experience this is not it.
- Always good here!Kim1Dined on 8/29/2014The food is a little expensive but its worth it. I got the pizza, which is always cooked to order and my husband got the raviolis and they were delicious. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- grammysue11grammysue11Dined on 8/23/2014Loved it as always!! Orta never disappoints, great food, service and atmosphere!! Favorite restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requested a better seating locationbdaddyDined on 8/22/2014My compaint is with the matradee and our seats! Arrived on time and the place was pretty empty. The matradee showed us to our seats right be the main entrance. I requested if it would be Ok to move and his said NO, all the others seats are reserved. Well that would have been fine but sitting be the main entrance I could hear everything as people arrived and none of them had reservation By the time we finished dinner, thete were serveral seats available. I would never go back a nd would no recommend Orta to anyone!
- used to love itsusanDined on 8/22/2014The tables are packed together and our table was for two and a long table so we would have to talk loudly to hear each other. When we asked to be moved the manager made it like it was a huge inconvenience . We were moved to the bar area which is even more crowded than the dinning room. Our service in the dinning room was not good. They brought menus 2 wine menus and one dinning menu. No one came for a drink order for a good 10 minutes. Meanwhile the table next to us, sat after us, had bread and water and was about to order drinks. The entree was delicious and very pricey!Special Features:
- ShelleyDined on 8/21/2014Food was great. Jessica gave excellent service. Orta is our favorite date night spot. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Exceptional service. Great food. Love the staff and wine.Special Features:
- Great Food South of BostonJohnCDined on 8/19/2014A nearby gem. This is the third time we have dined at Orta and each experience was outstanding. This restaurant equals any Boston quality dining without the drive and traffic. The food was outstanding, the wait staff was helpful, courteous and timed delivery of the three courses perfectly. I highly recommend Orta. The atmosphere is vibrant without being noisy, We were seated upon arrival without a wait. Our table was as requested in our Open Table reservation" a table in a quiet area" and that;s exactly where we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal, great service!TobyMaxDined on 8/19/2014The entire dining experience was wonderful. Braised short ribs were well seasoned and tender. The lamb special was cooked to perfection. Servers were very attentive and didn't rush the meal. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningdeluxeburyDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely the best appetizer menu great pizza,desserts, beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christine1529Christine1529Dined on 8/18/2014Fabulous. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the overall dining experience was truly terrific. I would highly recommend Orta to anyone. It's a must!Special Features:
- Great restaurantEleanoreDined on 8/16/2014Always great service and wonderful food. Chef is creative and presentation of meals lovely. We dine here often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lulu46Dined on 8/15/2014wonderful food great service ate in bar area and it was very relaxing and the noise level was lowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experience.YvieDined on 8/15/2014Although we had a reservation we had trouble getting a decent table that wasn't next to the front door we finally settled in the bar the food was fine overall very nice experience.Special Features:
- Reliably greatMarieVIPDined on 8/14/2014We eat here every couple of months. The food is always good, but the service sets them apart. This is not some local dive with inexperienced kids waiting tables. The service is always professional and friendly. I have to note that they have lobster bisque on the menu now and it is REAL bisque unlike so many local places that put lobster in clam chowder instead of clams and call it lobster bisque. Bisque and chowder are not the same thing but Orta has one of the few local chefs that seems to know that.
- DisappointingBScapDined on 8/12/2014We arrived at Orta to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was 7pm on a Tuesday night and the place was packed. Even though we had a dinner reservation thru Open Table we were seated at a high top in the no man's land between the bar and the dining room with a view of the bathroom and the staff registers. A high top table is not the most comfortable seating and to make matter worse our table was not level. I mentioned to the hostess that I thought we would have been seated at a regular table since we had a reservation, but she did not offer to move us. The service we received was fine, but unfortunately the food was not. We had an excellent appetizer: beef carpaccio, but the sauces on both entrees were over-salted and a disappointment.Special Features:
- A family favoritemoandfamilyDined on 8/8/2014Has been a family favorite. A little pricy but meals that are usually creative, definitely not the run of the mill. They were busy but not crazy and this was good as we had at least one disappointing experience in the past. I still think the wait was a little long but not excessive. My chicken special was good stuffed chicken special, came with potatoes but no veggie) my husband lived grid seated tuna and we ask thought my daughters fig pizza was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!!!!beantownbabyDined on 8/7/2014Brett is a rock star in the kitchen!! Phenomenal menu, perfect execution, and overall awesome experience! We loved everything we ordered and can not wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orta never disappoints!KimbirDined on 7/31/2014Orta is a hidden gem. I've been here for date night with my husband, meeting friends for drinks or as a family - especially great when the kids can make their own pizza! They have a good variety of options on the menu and the food is always fresh and excellent. The staff is always great about understanding my family's food allergies. Fantastic atmosphere as well! My favorite spot for dining on the South Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.