162 Front Street
Scituate, MA 02066Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantoro.com/
- Phone: 7813782465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
If the time or party size you have requested is not available, please contact us to see if we can help with accomodations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Oro
Located in the heart of Scituate harbor, Oro offers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, where the highest quality ingredients from local farmers are selected and showcased.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Oro reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (23)special occasion (23)romantic (14)great for brunch (12)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good food, good service, TOO LOUD!meagainVIPDined on 8/16/2014Oro is a very good restaurant with food well prepared and good service. Unfortunately, we will not return because of the very high noise level. It is too loud to talk without yelling. We could barely hear the server. They could do a number of things to reduce the noise level, but I judging by the fact that the place was full, most diners prefer to eat and not to hear.
- Love this restaurant!LeecienDined on 8/15/2014Wait staff and food is consistently top notch. Must have mixed seafood appetizer followed by lobster cakes. Noise level is the big downside but it won't keep us away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Thank you for a wonderful evening out! The food was delicious, drinks fantastic, great wine list to choose from and we wanted to order all of the desserts!Special Features:
- Another lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We've been to Oro several times over the past two years. The menu is inspired; the staff is very welcoming. We typically sit at the bar and enjoy a few small plates. The only drawback is that it's pretty loud once the restaurant is full. Overall it's a lovely way to spend an hour or two. Very happy to have a decent place to dine in Scituate!Special Features:
- The place to dine in Scituate.eatoutalotDined on 8/4/2014A great place for dinning in Scituate. The lobster cakes are superb. The menu offers a unique selection of gourmet faire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Alot if recomemdations...dinner was delicious, service was friendly and promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funEattingWellDined on 7/26/2014Friendly staff & great food! Bar is quite lively and an option if there are no tables. Ask for a window table if possible. Offers a nice view of the main street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service, LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014The food is great. Prices are higher than other restaurants in the area, but it's a nice option to have great, creative dining so conveniently located on Front St. For a small restaurant, it's very loud. A couple of acoustic tiles on the ceiling might help out a lot. I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic dinner, and even with a party of 4 you really have to be loud yourself to be heard above the din.Special Features:
- A special occasionFood4MACDined on 7/24/2014We were thrilled to have chosen Oro as our dining destination with our special out of town guests. The food was sumptuous and lovely to look at. The waitstaff was attentive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Will go back againmrsflynnDined on 7/19/2014Our first dining experience was good. We shared two appetizers that were excellent, the fried calamari and the fried artichoke hearts. Also enjoyed the unique cocktail list that offered a variety of summery, crisp, refreshing libations. The seared sea bass special totally hit the spot, with summer corn and potato in a cream sauce that was not too heavy. The only disappointment was with the steak. My husband requested it done medium but it was definitely rare and turned him off after eating a few slices. Had we not shared the apps our night out would have been a bust. Either way, we will to try Oro again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyDined on 7/16/2014$1 oyster night (Wednesday's). Oysters were fresh. our table had 42! The waitress was outstanding, attentive and friendly. Everyone enjoyed their meal!( fish,steak pasta) Seasonal menu with limited choices.Special Features:
- DianneDined on 7/12/2014Great dinner out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Enjoyed the calamari - very light and fresh as well as the tuna tartare. The duck and salmon were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wine,and service...againdinerDined on 7/12/2014Second time to this restaurant. Fast becoming our "go to restaurant" As good as, if not better than the first visit. Solstice, Clio level food and wine with polished service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crmimiVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was good, and service was decent. However the noise in this small restaurant was VERY energetic. You could hardly hear or understand your fellow diner. I ordered the steak and beet salad which were very good. A dining companion ordered the gnocchi, which did not state that it was made with truffle oil. It was assumed that there was truffle on it. She found it not to here liking. The restaurant did send a complimentary dessert to the table. Because of the noise level in this small restaurant I would not return or recommend it.
- ExcellentdinerDined on 6/26/2014Good food, good wine, good atmosphere. Will eat there again, soon.Special Features:
- Great NightBillDined on 6/22/2014I visited the restaurant for the for time on a Sunday. We had a great experience, Food, Service were excellent. Wine list was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the trynorthriver8Dined on 6/20/2014Saw the restaurant posted on OT and decided to give it a try. Snug setting in Scituate Harbor with a busy Friday night crowd. Excellent service and food. No beer on tap. Tight seating.Special Features:
- Consistently goodDrannyDined on 6/18/2014Love Oro. It's one of our go-to spots in town. The drinks are excellent and I highly recommend the Strawberry Jive to go with Wednesday's $1 oysters...Katamas this week which were excellent. Food is great as usual, though the Clam Chowder was over-sweetened this time. Maybe tine a for a couple of menu changes, especially for us locals.Special Features:
- Best Steak!!!Scituatefind1Dined on 6/11/2014We have been coming to Oro every Wednesday nite. The Bavette steak is always perfect. My husband tried the chicken entree and it was outstanding. Abbey is our server, we always ask for her. We love Oro and they try to seat us in our favorite spot. We tend to arrive around 6PM and it is not too crowded, but it must be very busy later especially on weekends!Special Features:
- great food local favecbmalmDined on 6/7/2014Exquisite cuisine and service in Scituate: from the cucumber basil gimlet ( so summery) to the oysters on ice, to the misto with homemade potato chips - Oro is the place to be on a Saturday night in Scituate. Better: Monday nights $1 oysters. I imagine all the things I love about Oro, without the crowds. Makes me wish we lived closer.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014consistently outstanding. Lobster cakes fabulous. steak baquette a bit under done this time aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPartyOfChristineDined on 5/31/2014Was excited to try Oro. We went on Saturday at 7:30. The noise was overwhelming - couldn't have a normal level conversation. Also small, so you're sitting very close to others. Zero ambience. Ordered the mussels appetizer - very tasty, lots of mussels, but skimpy on the pork belly (5 tiny pieces). My boyfriend ordered a Cesar salad, which was drowning in dressing & he barely touched it. Waitress either didn't notice or care. I had gnocchi & he had cavatappi w/sausage in a red sauce. Gnocchi - good. Cavatappi - disaster. Not much sausage, boxed pasta, swimming in watery red liquid, w/a few tomato chunks he described as tasting like "sponges". He literally poured the red water into the salad to get rid of it & picked out every tomato.
- great for brunchfoodfanDined on 5/25/2014Great brunch perfect spicy bloody mary suggested by server. Eggs bene. great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Best swordfish I ever had!!!!! My wife who is not a fan of swordfish even said she wished she order it!Special Features:
- Scituate findScituatefind1Dined on 5/21/2014The food was outstanding but we thought there would be a catch of the day. The only fish entree was the salmon. We did have the scallop appetizer and it was outstanding. The bavette steak with lentils was one of the best meals I have ever had. Our server, (red hair) was wonderful.Special Features:
- Brunch at OroRussmeisterDined on 5/18/2014Overall the brunch menu was excellent! Fresh tasting ingredients, a delight to look at and a bigger delight to devour. Delish Bloodies. The only off note would be the ambiance. Too many hard edges made for a slightly noisy environment. We will definately be going back to try out the dinner menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Great service by Kate with the "glasses". She was upbeat and funny. The menu was unique and my lobster cakes were excellent The bartender Andy was friendly and professional too. We will definitely return and hope to save room for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at OrofoodieDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I went to Oro for his birthday dinner. I had the chicken and my husband had the lobster cakes. Both were delicious. We had the feature cocktail of which I can't remember the name and that was also really good. Our waitress was probably one of the best servers I have ever encountered. She was informative and fun at the same time. The atmosphere was fun and light. My only criticism is that when I went to book our reservation on-line, the computer said that only a table for 2 was available at 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday night and a table for 4 wound not be open until around 9:00 which is really too bad as we definitely would have brought another couple but had a later commitment which we had to attend and had to dine early.Special Features:
- Expected moreHappydiner2Dined on 5/16/20144 of us had reservations on Friday night. It started well, but our waitress really pulled the experience down. She told us about a special that was running low, so 2 of us ordered it, and the rest of the party was still deciding. She went to two other tables and told them the same thing. After we finished ordering, she came back and said there was only 1 special left. After she forgot our wine, our bread, and both tables who ordered after us were served before us, with the special, we got upset. We told her that we had ordered the 2 specials before the other table, but she denied it and was defensive. She actually argued with us! But honestly, the food wasn't that special anyway, and not worth what they charge for it.
- always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014ORO is the gem of the South Shore. The staff; hostess, bartender and waiter were all friendly and knowledgeable. The food was prepared perfectly and delivered on time. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro never disappoints100DDDined on 5/9/2014This is our favorite dinner spot on the South Shore. We have great restaurants in our town but are happy to make the drive to Scituate. Bar tenders are fabulous and the food delicious. Our favorite dishes include the lamb carpaccio, the seafood misto, the gnocchi, and the corn chowder (split a half portion!) -but you can't go wrong with anything you order. The goat cheese cheesecake with blueberry compote was out of this world. The only negative at Oro is the noise level, but that never puts us off going. Enjoy!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Terrific food. We had great service and cool Ambiance. Will be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsSaulDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Oro many times over the past few years. Food is always excellent. However, my wife's 'Herb Roasted Chicken, seared rillette, smoked couscous, sweet English peas, carrot jus' was very bland. The chicken was salted and peppered but the couscous had zero taste. I tried her dish to double check, it barely had any taste. Maybe the dish needs to be reviewed or the cook forgot some key ingrediants that night.Special Features:
- Always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014This is one of our go-to spots in town and we dine at Oro every couple of weeks, especially on Wednesday nights for the $1 raw oysters. Wednesday's oysters were a major disappointment, very, very small. I regularly order the MIsto raw tuna and salmon tartare with soy ginger dressing and addicting hand-cut giant potato chips...have mercy. Other favorites are the Lamb Carpaccio and the Clam and Corn Chowder. They have a simple but creative drink menu and the service is always wonderful. My only real issue with Oro is the dreadful of the gas station across the street, it really takes away from the contemporary and clean design of the interior space and I have long been of the opinion that the owner should invest in opaques shades.Special Features:
- The following 351 reviews are from the Oro reviews archive.
- Fantastic waitpersonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our waitperson was fantastic -- what a professional, and what a presence. We will return for this reason.
- msmittyDined on 4/20/2014Great Easter Brunch. Comfortable surroundings, great service. Will definitely be back for the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a very good dining experience at Oro. Service was good. From appetizers to wine to entrees to dessert and coffee the food was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014Our first visit--hadn't heard much but were going to an art gallery opening a few doors away so thought we'd give it a try. It was a Friday in Lent but we weren't up for the typical fried fish--of which there's plenty in Scituate. What a find! Very nice wine list, beet salad was over-the-top (literally) and maybe the best we've ever had. Delicious main courses---lobster cakes outstanding and wonderful mushroom risotto.Really wish we had the time to stay for dessert. Would go again in a minute and highly recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Maiden VoyagePaulie2tanksDined on 3/29/2014This place is right in the center of Scituate, MA and has a very manageable, yet complete menu. My wife had the tenderloin and I had the duck. Both were superb and our server, Valerie was the BEST! Great personality and made our experience so memorable. The night was cold and rainy, but the restaurant and its staff is warm and inviting. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014I've been to Oro for dinner and loved it. I had heard the Brunch was good, so three of us tried it last Sunday. The food is wonderful and the live music was a nice bonus! Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.