162 Front Street
Scituate, MA 02066Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantoro.com/
- Phone: (781) 378-2465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
If the time or party size you have requested is not available, please contact us to see if we can help with accomodations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Oro
Located in the heart of Scituate harbor, Oro offers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, where the highest quality ingredients from local farmers are selected and showcased.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Oro reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (16)hot spot (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A decent gluten-free experienceMarsarellaDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Oro. Our server was very helpful with the menu, and we enjoyed our meal. The only disappointment was the lack of gluten-free and dairy-free dessert options. We were certainly well-fed between our appetizers an entrees, but were surprised to find they don't always have a sorbet or fruit option. So if you're gluten-free, just plan on dessert elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTerryDined on 10/4/2013Probably one of the best meals ever. Nothing too fancy, just great ingredients prepared in a creative way. Also it was half the price of some fancy NYC restaurants we tried last month - and twice as good! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!eliz6Dined on 9/29/2013food and service were very good - would recommend !Special Features:
- Good SpotSouthShoreEaterDined on 9/26/2013Went to Oro for the first time with a couple of friends in from the west coast. We had oysters, burrata salad, and beet salad to start. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented. Had swordfish, duck breast, steak, and a chicken special for entrees. All dishes were again beautifully presented, cooked per order, and delicious. Menu was fairly creative and progressive overall - more like something you'd find in a major city rather than in Scituate where the majority of the area restaurants serve pretty standard fare. Ambiance is cool and energetic. Service was satisfactory. Prices were on the expensive side but the food lived up to it. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemClifferDined on 9/21/2013We brought out of state friends for dinner on Saturday night. Everything was outstanding, but the very high noise level made it difficult to fully enjoy the experience. I'm sorry that they no longer have the small private room that would allow for a more relaxing meal. That said, the food and service were excellent. So happy that Scituate has such a fine restaurant in the harbor. I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2013We took our Italian friends (from Italy) and were concerned about taking them to an Italian resturant. They LOVED the food, said it was excellent. They loved the Chippino? (fish stew mussels, calamari) said it was the best they have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ariolesDined on 9/14/2013This was my fifth time at Oro, and once again it was terrific. We had four people in our party and ordered six different dishes among us. Everything was delicious. Our server, Valerie, was outstanding in service, especially when answering questions and helping us make choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceCheeseAndBreadDined on 9/7/2013My wife and I celebrated our one year anniversary at Oro and had a wonderful and romantic dining experience. Beyond the delicious food, of which dessert was my favorite, the service was excellent. The wait staff was kind, friendly, welcoming, and made our experience all the better.Special Features:
- Food was great. Well prepared.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2013Great food. Great Service. LOUD - really LOUD. The need to baffle the ceilings.Special Features:
- Food with a flair with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2013Food with a flair with great service. Wonderful evening. Only problem was with our reservation with Open Table. Open Table reserved a table for 2 when the request was for a table for 4. Oro was very gracious in accommodating our needs. Much appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific south shore spotmowen09VIPDined on 8/23/2013Incredible food as always - seasonal heirloom tomato salad, calamari, and beet salad to start. All highly recommended. Steak, chioppino, pork chop and salmon for the mains - all incredibly fresh and packed with flavor. Cannot wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013The only thing I was sad about when leaving the restaurant is that we hadn't gone sooner! Everything was amazing food and service!! The calamari and gnocchi were out of this world!!!!Special Features:
- Great spot in ScituateSatisfiedDined on 8/17/2013Oro satisfies the need in town for a solid and contemporary dining experience. On the plus side, the food was super fresh and very well presented. The flavors were great and the care in the food was totally there. I also think the prices were right where they needed to be. All of that made it a great experience. On the downside, the service was just enough to be adequate. The server seemed educated on the menu and polite but just hit our table enough to get the job done. No added value to the experience. Lastly, the space is very office feeling. However, it sort of works with the contemporary food and beverage they are serving. They seem to attract the right kind of traffic in there and I am happy this place is in my town.Special Features:
- Lovely food but poor acoustics.ClaireDined on 8/17/2013The food was well prepared, tasty and nicely presented. Unfortunately, I won't return until mid- winter on a weekday when it may not be as crowded so that my husband and I can hear our conversation. We spoke with the waitress about the acoustics and she knew about the problem. Our waitress understood my food allergy and checked in with us after talking with the chef.Special Features:
- Great meals, too loudLeecienDined on 8/9/2013Great food, service and wine. Sadly we were shouting to hear each other in our group of four. Will go back for the food but not on a weekend when it is so crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Noisy, tables on top of each other and over priced. Stripped Bass, a special, was dry and my husband's pork dish, also dry. Dessert was good and our waitress was delightful. We would not go back. Comments from friends came true, the presentation of the food is better than the taste. Disappointing!
- AmazingMommyof2Dined on 8/3/2013I was so happy with my diner at Oro. We were celebrating my birthday and I was not disappointed. The food was outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought everything was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013I thought everything was great, except that it was very loud and it was tough to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceRichDined on 8/2/2013It was our fifth time to visit Oro and the food and service were outstanding. As usual the noise level was a bit much and like several time before they had overbooked and we had to wait for our reservation. All in all we will go back because we love the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013We had reservations for 7:30 and showed up 45 minutes early. They said that they couldn't take us until our appointed time so we had drinks in the bar area. We were shown to our table at 7:30 but we didn't see our server until 7:45. Finally at 8:00 we had new drinks and a basket of bread. We placed our order at 8:15 and received our food at 8:45. The food was good, but I could have made the recipe at home and it would have been just as good (I am a good cook). This was on a Wednesday night, and there were about 4 empty tables so it didn't appear that they were that busy. I just think they were short staffed.
- The food was outstanding soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2013The food was outstanding so were the drinks. I would definitely go back Food presentation excellent, the seabass outstanding, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro has great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013This restaurant had great upmarket food. The server was very knowledgeable about the menu, and the service was good. We went on a Saturday night, so the place was full. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because the noise level was way up there. We are not old and we had trouble hearing each other talk. Some curtains or other soft furnishings would not go amiss. It is a small place with low ceilings and the noise just bounces around off of all the hard surfaces. We will go back because everything else is good, but probably on a week night when it might be less noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South shore over boston!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/20/2013On par with anything in Boston, excellent prep, ingrediaents and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentRyanDined on 7/20/2013Scituate harbor but no scenic view. Food was good but way over priced. Fresh fish but left feeling hungry. I would personally not go back although I could see how the restaurant would appeal to some. Menu was limiting.Special Features:
- appetizers of mussels andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013appetizers of mussels and calamari were both outstanding. good portions - enough to split both between 4 people. Main Meals were fantastic, striped sea bass and corn/tomato salad were just the right combination together. Grapefruit martinis was perfect. highly recommend . Dessert menu limited but ok. We (4 of us ) split the cookie ice cream sandwich which was ok...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.GiftVIPDined on 7/18/2013Have been here twice in a few weeks and Anthony served us both times. Outstanding service and food was great both times. Drinks and wine was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Scituate HarborSusieVIPDined on 7/18/2013Food is exquisite: we loved the calamari and the special striped bass dish. The bar area and the dining area on a hot Thursday evening had many loud people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a special occasion.arculleyDined on 7/15/2013Went for our first anniversary. Very pleased. Great food, great service, they definitely took good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu which didn't offerWill325Dined on 7/10/2013Good menu which didn't offer and over abundance of endless choices. The food was prepared very well ans looked as good as it tasted. I was pleased with the wine list as well as surprised as it contained wines I often and only see in far more expensive restaurants. I thought it loud which is fine for a bar/restaurant but Oro appeared and is presented more of a restaurant hen bar although it has both. The wait staff seemed compotent and did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMIkeDined on 6/29/2013The food was great and portion sizes right on. The staff went the extra mile to create a special drink for me. I feel is was expensive however and would return more often if the food was less.Special Features:
- Stung by the B'sJohnDined on 6/22/2013We have usually had wonderful experiences at Oro but we apparently made the mistake of dining on the same night as a Bruins' Stanley Cup game (June 22). Our waitress was relatively unfriendly from the get-go and unhappy when we asked her to check on our food (which seemed quite late). Unfortunately when the food got to us, my steak was cold. I suspect she was watching the Bruins' game and not focusing on the task at hand. Whatever the case, it was an unpleasant experience all around.Special Features:
- So deliciousquigDined on 6/15/2013The food at this place is so delicious. Our server was attentive and helpful. I was dining with a guest with dietary limitations and he was very accommodating. Will come back oftenSpecial Features:
- Scituate findbonedoc2Dined on 6/7/2013Not a lot of choices for unique and great food on the south shore. Oro fits both. Also great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013Great meal, great service, all around wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerStayhomeChefDadDined on 5/31/2013My wife and I returned to Oro recently for our 14th Anniversary dinner. We had a great time, seated promptly, our server was very friendly and helpful. The food was fantastic, I had the charcuterie platter, and when I showed my enthusiasm on ordering, received and additional on item on the board! My main course was the duck, seared breast and confit leg, delicious! My wife had a generous beet salad as her first course, then two succulent lobster cakes as her main course. We split a chocolate cake with coffee ice cream to finish off a fantastic dinner, which we followed with a walk along Scituate harbor, and out at the Lighthouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousPeabody143Dined on 5/29/2013The food here is consistently delicious and with good presentation. The Misto Del Mar, Beet Salad, Bone-in Pork Milanese and Salmon were our choice and of course the Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake with salted caramel sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we had the otherrosieDined on 5/26/2013Everything we had the other night was wonderful. I will be dining at Oro's again soon.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchfergieDined on 5/26/2013Excellent selection of foods on the brunch menu. All of our parties' food was tasty and appealing to look at. Had a great time. We would all highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- OroTeddybgDined on 5/24/2013This was our second date night at ORO. The cocktail list is inventive. I had about a bourbon cooler and loved it. I will try the King Martini on my next visit. The corn clam chowder is a Must try. We had the oysters and Tuna Misto they both tasted fresh, fresh, fresh. The only low point was our house made chips were a little greasy. Entrees were delicious also. Dessert were both comforting and exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is extremely highOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013Noise level is extremely high ..... Uncomfortable.Special Features: