162 Front Street
Scituate, MA 02066Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantoro.com/
- Phone: (781) 378-2465
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
If the time or party size you have requested is not available, please contact us to see if we can help with accomodations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Oro
Located in the heart of Scituate harbor, Oro offers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere, where the highest quality ingredients from local farmers are selected and showcased.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Oro reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (16)hot spot (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Brunch at OroRussmeisterDined on 5/18/2014Overall the brunch menu was excellent! Fresh tasting ingredients, a delight to look at and a bigger delight to devour. Delish Bloodies. The only off note would be the ambiance. Too many hard edges made for a slightly noisy environment. We will definately be going back to try out the dinner menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Great service by Kate with the "glasses". She was upbeat and funny. The menu was unique and my lobster cakes were excellent The bartender Andy was friendly and professional too. We will definitely return and hope to save room for dessert next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at OrofoodieDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I went to Oro for his birthday dinner. I had the chicken and my husband had the lobster cakes. Both were delicious. We had the feature cocktail of which I can't remember the name and that was also really good. Our waitress was probably one of the best servers I have ever encountered. She was informative and fun at the same time. The atmosphere was fun and light. My only criticism is that when I went to book our reservation on-line, the computer said that only a table for 2 was available at 7:00 p.m. on a Saturday night and a table for 4 wound not be open until around 9:00 which is really too bad as we definitely would have brought another couple but had a later commitment which we had to attend and had to dine early.Special Features:
- Expected moreHappydiner2Dined on 5/16/20144 of us had reservations on Friday night. It started well, but our waitress really pulled the experience down. She told us about a special that was running low, so 2 of us ordered it, and the rest of the party was still deciding. She went to two other tables and told them the same thing. After we finished ordering, she came back and said there was only 1 special left. After she forgot our wine, our bread, and both tables who ordered after us were served before us, with the special, we got upset. We told her that we had ordered the 2 specials before the other table, but she denied it and was defensive. She actually argued with us! But honestly, the food wasn't that special anyway, and not worth what they charge for it.
- always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014ORO is the gem of the South Shore. The staff; hostess, bartender and waiter were all friendly and knowledgeable. The food was prepared perfectly and delivered on time. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro never disappoints100DDDined on 5/9/2014This is our favorite dinner spot on the South Shore. We have great restaurants in our town but are happy to make the drive to Scituate. Bar tenders are fabulous and the food delicious. Our favorite dishes include the lamb carpaccio, the seafood misto, the gnocchi, and the corn chowder (split a half portion!) -but you can't go wrong with anything you order. The goat cheese cheesecake with blueberry compote was out of this world. The only negative at Oro is the noise level, but that never puts us off going. Enjoy!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Terrific food. We had great service and cool Ambiance. Will be going againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsSaulDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Oro many times over the past few years. Food is always excellent. However, my wife's 'Herb Roasted Chicken, seared rillette, smoked couscous, sweet English peas, carrot jus' was very bland. The chicken was salted and peppered but the couscous had zero taste. I tried her dish to double check, it barely had any taste. Maybe the dish needs to be reviewed or the cook forgot some key ingrediants that night.Special Features:
- Always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014This is one of our go-to spots in town and we dine at Oro every couple of weeks, especially on Wednesday nights for the $1 raw oysters. Wednesday's oysters were a major disappointment, very, very small. I regularly order the MIsto raw tuna and salmon tartare with soy ginger dressing and addicting hand-cut giant potato chips...have mercy. Other favorites are the Lamb Carpaccio and the Clam and Corn Chowder. They have a simple but creative drink menu and the service is always wonderful. My only real issue with Oro is the dreadful of the gas station across the street, it really takes away from the contemporary and clean design of the interior space and I have long been of the opinion that the owner should invest in opaques shades.Special Features:
- Fantastic waitpersonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our waitperson was fantastic -- what a professional, and what a presence. We will return for this reason.
- msmittyDined on 4/20/2014Great Easter Brunch. Comfortable surroundings, great service. Will definitely be back for the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a very good dining experience at Oro. Service was good. From appetizers to wine to entrees to dessert and coffee the food was delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2014Our first visit--hadn't heard much but were going to an art gallery opening a few doors away so thought we'd give it a try. It was a Friday in Lent but we weren't up for the typical fried fish--of which there's plenty in Scituate. What a find! Very nice wine list, beet salad was over-the-top (literally) and maybe the best we've ever had. Delicious main courses---lobster cakes outstanding and wonderful mushroom risotto.Really wish we had the time to stay for dessert. Would go again in a minute and highly recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Maiden VoyagePaulie2tanksDined on 3/29/2014This place is right in the center of Scituate, MA and has a very manageable, yet complete menu. My wife had the tenderloin and I had the duck. Both were superb and our server, Valerie was the BEST! Great personality and made our experience so memorable. The night was cold and rainy, but the restaurant and its staff is warm and inviting. We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014I've been to Oro for dinner and loved it. I had heard the Brunch was good, so three of us tried it last Sunday. The food is wonderful and the live music was a nice bonus! Wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; decor not quiteBillyPDined on 3/8/2014Food was excellent but they need to upscale the decor to match. While the decor is OK, the restaurant could be so much more if the decor matched the level of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro is amazing, the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Oro is amazing, the food, service and atmosphere ! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A keeper!CoplawDined on 2/28/2014First time at Oro and will definitely go back soon. The food was spectacular, from the appetizers right through desert. The service was very good and our waitress was knowledgeable about the food and the wines and could not be more helpful. A very cozy little setting, but a also a little on the noisy side as it is very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro ReviewgriffDined on 2/22/2014This was our first time at Oro. The Food, with the exception of the dessert, was excellent. The service was good but not out standing. We will return.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Everything from the cocktails to the warm chocolate cake was delicious. We also received excellent service. Looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The resteraunt is small andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014The resteraunt is small and a little loud when it gets busy, but the menu is fantastic. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie's ChoiceJBradleyDined on 2/14/2014Our experience was fantastic! We had the deconstructed beet salad and corn chowder for starters. they were both so flavorful they could've served as the main course. I had the duck and my wife had the gnocchi which were both dynamic surprises of wonderful flavor and richness of texture they delighted us to no end. this is the true foodie's choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Food was delicious as it always is. Ordered a 2008 bottle of wine for $45, and got the 2009 instead, that turned out to be $92, and the waitress failed to note the price to us. Very disappointed at this, and no mention of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food...but.........greatfoodbutDined on 1/25/2014The chef at Oro is obviously creative as well as exceptionally talented. The food was SUPERB. However, the ambience needs a lot of work. It apparently was previously a 'breakfast place' (no insult to breakfast places intended), but when you go out for an expensive dinner you expect more. The noise level was unbearable - could not even talk with the person directly across from you.
- Surprising pleasedDebbieDined on 1/25/2014We went her when they first opened and did not have a good experience and was a little reluctant to go back. Decided to give It another try and glad we did. The food was fabulous and we will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Worth a visitAlwaysHungryDined on 1/18/2014If dining southeast of Boston and looking for a different option than the typical Hingham Harbor or shipyard routine or perhaps Plymouth, then Oro in Scituate is a good option. The menu is fairly small but has a good cross-section of beef, poultry and seafood selections. The ingredients were fresh and meal was prepared to order. Portions were not huge but not small either. The only knock I had on the place was that after being seated by a friendly hostess it took more than several minutes before a server came to check on us, and it was not actually our server. The place was busy, and it is not a huge place by any means. Maybe they were short-staffed that night. I definitely recommend it and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funny. Oro used to be a greatAtlasDined on 1/15/2014Funny. Oro used to be a great neighborhood gem. It's still got great food but gotten a little pretentious. This is scituate Harbor.... Still good to connect with a friend.. Bar gets crazy busy and loud...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereCocoVIPDined on 1/12/2014I went for brunch with a friend on Sunday. The cocktails and food were excellent, as was the service by server Casey. I can't wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Our favorite place to dinePirate7VIPDined on 12/31/2013Our favorite place to dine in Scituate. The Misto Del Mar appetizer is fantastic and should not be missed. As it is a small space the noise level can be loud as there is a small but lively bar. Service is always friendly, professional and prompt. If you like fine dining it should not be missed.Special Features:
- The food, wine and serviceyummyDined on 12/23/2013The food, wine and service were very good. The noise level was just too high to easily converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KymRoseDined on 12/16/2013Just tried Oro for the first time! Came with a co-worker for our annual Christmas dinner together. Gladly Surprised by the simple and casual appearance which did not take away from the class of the restaurant. The wait staff was wonderful, informative of the food and very attentive but not overbearing. The food...Hmm Hmm Good! Melt in your mouth with every bite. The blend of the mixture of items on each plate was wonderfully done! Was told it was made fresh per order & it showed. We stuffed ourselves because we just could not stop! From the appetizers to the desert we have absolutely no complaints on the food! Sadly it was a little out of my budget to go there often, however I will be back! Special occasions or just for drinks with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Tables closeOLDDAN47VIPDined on 12/7/2013Food was good. Tables close together and it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot!LindaDined on 12/7/2013The service was excellent - friendly, attentive, unobtrusive. The food was excellent and the atmosphere noise level actually allowed my friends and me to speak normal volumes with each other. Great experience! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013I have been here x 2 for dinner. It's too loud! Between the bar and windows, sound echoed. It was difficult to carry on a conversation.The staff and seafood and cocktails were FABULOUS. My husband was not impressed with the steak dish. He didn't think the meat was high quality. I will probably return with girlfriends but not my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice looking and atmosphere.barryDined on 11/24/2013nice looking and atmosphere. somewhat limited menu. but what was offered was well prepared.Special Features:
- GoodBuzzDined on 11/17/2013Our experience at Oro was a solid 'Good' . The service was ok but the server was not very informative when we asked about certain items on the menu. She acted to busy to stop and explain. The calamari was very good but the Osso Bucca Pork was Dry and not enough sauce. Overall it was just good and no wow factor.Special Features:
- A great night out with friendsArtieVIPDined on 11/9/2013Superb culinary experience. Very loud, and noise could be absorbed with floor, wall & ceiling treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When a customer orders flowersnetworkguyDined on 11/8/2013When a customer orders flowers for their table to celebrate a special occasion, that usually means its a special occasion. Therefore, don't sit them at the end of the bar where they can't talk because its so loud and their space is violated by the people at the end of the bar and flow of patrons that are squeezed into and keep bumping into their table. Its best to sit the celebrating table away from the bar and into the back of the restaurant, not to mention the view of the gas station is best avoided. Oro does not get special occasions. Go for a drink at the bar and do try to remember people are eating around you.Special Features:
- Food Wonderful, Noise too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Every we ordered: to start, oysters, corn chowder with Berkshire bacon, Caesar salad, and Misto del Mar (raw tuna & salmon with avocado & ginger soy vinaigrette); entrees: Cider Glazed Chicken Breast, Crispy Scituate Lobster Cake, Braised Beef Short Rib; and desserts: Warm Chocolate Pudding Cake and Buttermilk Panna Cotta, was DELICIOUS. Lovely food presentation, generous portions. Our server was very helpful, even going back to ask the chef when she did not know answers. But the noise (and AC), were almost unbearable. We were seated next t the bar, which was active & very noisy, and got rowdier as the evening went on. Would go back again in a heartbeat, but maybe on a weeknight, maybe it's quieter. Noise permeated the whole restaurant..Special Features:
- Delicious food and excellentHoneyvacaDined on 10/25/2013Delicious food and excellent service. Loud and hard to hold conversation. Everything else was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.