33 A Maryland Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oropomodoro.com/
- Phone: 3012511111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:00pm for lunch and 4:30pm - 10:00pm for dinner, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Michele Godina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater! For info please contact Tommaso Beggiato at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Looking for a private party room in Rockville? We have a perfect solution. Our Vesuvio Room is available for private Social Parties, Wedding Rehearsals, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, Baby Shower, Meetings, Networking, Luncheons, Dinners or Receptions. This room is beautifully decorated and prepared for you.
- Private Party Contact: Biagio Cepollaro 8883596349
A word from Oro Pomodoro
At Oro Pomodoro you will taste the real, authentic Italian cusine, full of flavor and served with passion. Everything from our appetizers to our pasta dishes are prepared using the original recipes, taken from regions, such as Tuscany to Sicily, through Campania to Piemonte. We are proud to be also the first certified "Neapolitan Pizzeria" in Maryland since the recipe of our pizza, from the dough to the toppings, meet all the requirements requested from the European Union. We are proud to bring the real Italy to Rockville! Buon Appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oro Pomodoro reviews from OpenTable diners
- THEY WERE CLOSED!CrazeeebabyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Thanks for letting me know they were closed for remodeling. Really? I had a reservation for 8 people.
- Closed for Renovationshawkgirl11Dined on 5/17/2014Unfortunately, I could not actually dine at Oro Pomodoro as the doors were papered over and said the restaurant was closed for renovations until June 1. It would have been nice to get a notice about this from the restaurant since I booked this reservation a couple of months ago and really hoped to dine there that night.
- Our Mother's Day AdventurewreidenVIPDined on 5/11/2014Oro Pomodoro is temporarily closed for renovations. But NO ONE called to let us know. We had reservations, made three weeks in advance, for Mother's Day. Called day of reservation to change reservation from 6 to 4 people, only to find phone temporarily disconnected. Thank you La Tasca for going across the plaza to read the note on Oro Pomodor's door and letting us know they were closed for renovations. If a restaurant can call me to remind me of my Open Table reservation, you can call me to tell me you are going to be closed during the time of our reservation. Try explaining to your ninety year old Mother why you can't do lunch...... Open Table you bear responsibility too!
- great food and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Fun time with friends. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Try anything on the menu. It is all good and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oro PomodoroEmilyandBrianDined on 4/25/2014The pizza is great and the lunch special is a great deal!Special Features:
- Nice people watching in RockTwnCntrLBBBDined on 4/12/2014Friday night the weather was mild and Oro Pomodoro had all the doors open. We sat one row back from the doors, facing the town square, and so let the people-watching begin. Service was attentive with one notable flaw - grated cheese was not offered for a pasta dish and I had to ask for it (but then it was brought promptly). The food here is reliably good and tasty. Our appetizer of calamari was cooked nicely, and came with what I first thought was a garnish of a few fried zucchini sticks but as we shared the dish we noticed it was mostly calamari, about 1/4 fried zucchini, plus a large piece of what I think was fried Asian pear. So was this an attempt to cut down on the amount of calamari served? Pasta and chicken were very good.Special Features:
- Horrible!HorribleVIPDined on 4/4/2014We had one of the worst meals for $70! Fish was frozen because they had run out of their special! Chicken was so salty that my 9 year old even made a comment about the salt~ HAD A LARGE party going on and kept using that as an excuse why they were running out of things or took a long time. The bread was the best part of the meal!
- VERY good pizzaLBBBDined on 3/20/2014Celebrated hubby's birthday with lunch. I got a pizza lunch special (included a so-so Caesar salad), he got a Panini. Both were tasty. Pizza here is a winner - great crust, tasty toppings. Lots of food (more than I could eat). Our server was great. My husband ordered coffee with lunch, and he never had to ask for a refill. It was a cold day and there weren't many diners, so the restaurant was quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2014This restaurant offers some interesting menu options, not just the usual Italian fare. However, there weren't enough menus to go around when we arrived, and then after ordering the food took a long time to come out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceclareMDDined on 2/15/2014I love the food here but always get the Oro Pompodoro pizza. It's so tasty and I only need to eat half (and then save the other half for lunch the next day!). I'm always impressed with the friendliness of the staff and how quickly I get my order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No pizza!ClifDined on 2/14/2014The only reason we went here on Valentines day was for a really good brick oven pizza. I mean this place has the best! However upon our arrival we found out they weren't serving pizza! No one gave us a heads up that they would have a set menu for the day and someone even called us earlier to confirm our reservation. The food was good but we wanted pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza in this restaurantApricotManDined on 2/8/2014The pizza in this restaurant is very good (it does look and taste as a real Italian pizza, not your typical American abomination). My wife and I have dined here once, and ordered take out pizzas several times; our favorite pizza is Oro Pomodoro which is made with goat cheese and pesto.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DateItalianloverDined on 1/31/2014You would be well served making reservations for Friday or Saturday - this is a popular place for a reason. The lighting is dim enough to be romantic, the food is great, and the staff are friendly and attentive. Finer food in a nicer, but welcoming setting.Special Features:
- food and freezemarie51Dined on 1/24/2014We spend our diner freezing, we were in the front side. There is a big problem of ther ic isolation. The antipasti we took (4different) were good, even if crostini are not warm bread with cold food on the top, but every thing (the toast and the top ) should be done in the oven, the name of what is on your menu is "bruschette"and not "crostini". Pasta is not al dente..... the ingrediente in pasta allo scolglio are coming from feeezer, not tastee at all. Dessert (tiramisu, panna cota)were good but didn't drive us crazy.Special Features:
- Decent food but not good valueLittlePersonDined on 1/3/2014The food was certainly presentable and of reasonable quality but nothing particularly interesting nor creative. I may have been more inclined to return if it wasn't so pricey. I had been there once for lunch and once for dinner. Il Positano in Bethesda or Il Pizzico in Rockville are Italian restaurants in the same overall price range and a better value.
- drinks only.divadinerDined on 12/6/2013Attended a lunch with friends. Great location and overlooks ice skating rink. I ordered a Ragu which was a mistake and could only be described as a bland glob of meat in tomatoe paste. Great bar area. Good service but not crowded.Special Features:
- the roasted vegetables withdedicatedvegetarianVIPDined on 11/21/2013the roasted vegetables with balsamic vinaigrette and feta were so good that plan to have that alone (rather than as an appetizer for two) for lunch next time; the ravioli a bit expensive for lunch and not as good as the roast vegetables; the rigatoni my lunch companion chose might have been better than the ravioli and the price more reasonable; definitely a slightly higher grade lunch choice in RockvilleSpecial Features:
- It'sa matter of personal tasteRWoodBVIPDined on 11/6/2013The restaurant uses very good ingredients and prepares them well, but the food was a little bland for my taste. I am not looking for strong spices, but I want to taste some enhancement to the natural flavors of the ingredients. I would recommend the restaurant to friends who want good basic preparation, but not to those who go beyond the basics at home. The wine list, while small, is well chosen and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OK, nothing to write home aboutLAG2VIPDined on 10/23/2013I recently met a friend for dinner here on her recommendation. The service was the best thing about this restaurant. I ordered hot tea and my teapot came without a lid. The Bolognese sauce was not impressive. The prosciutto and mozzarella was not very good either. Overall, the restaurant seems over-priced for the quality of food received.
- BennyVIPDined on 10/16/2013It closed but I loved it when it was open and owned by a friend of mine.
- Bait & switch with website menuJOHBDined on 9/21/2013It was a bait and switch! The choices on the restaurant's website menu were varied and sounded good. In reality, at the restaurant the menu had half of those items. Very limited choices. Plus, in a half empty restaurant they didn't have the ingredients to make their signature martini! Unbelievable... and never again!
- Adequate, but not impressive.IMNotOrganicDined on 8/24/2013We were there early and were seated immediately. The menu was not extensive but was adequate. Service was good. We had pizza, and one should expect restaurant pizza to be significantly better than delivery. That expectation was not met. The pizza tasted good but not great. The price was about right for this area, but in my opinion was not justified.Special Features:
- A Beautiful NightMarshDined on 8/16/2013We had dinner at Oro Pomodoro on a night that Rockville Town Center had a band playing. It was a gorgeous summer night and the food at Oro made it better. We have eaten there before and never been disappointed. The food is always fresh as can be and wonderfully cooked as well as presented. Our service was perfect, as always. The doors were open to the outside and the band was easy to hear and very easy to enjoy!! In short, we will be back.Special Features:
- Service - Hit or MisslobdotboobooDined on 8/2/2013Last time I came here, I had a truly enjoyable dinner -- Great food, wine and wonderful service. The next time that I came with was a larger group (5ppl) and we had the most awful service I have ever had at any restaurant. It wasn't that the waiter was rude-- It was just that we couldn't ever find him. In fact, we had to ask the busboys/busgirls to send our waiter over 5 times for simple requests such as: ordering another beverage, requesting extra cutlery, ordering our aps and ordering our meals. The pizza and appetizers here are so great, but the service was so terrible that I don't know that I will go back.
- Taste of Naples Italy in RockvilleAngelaDined on 7/28/2013The pizza and everything we had took us back to Naples Italy. The wine,meats, pizza and pasta. Love this place and will def go back. Planning another 2 hour road trip in about two weeks. Cannot say enough about the food and the service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Hot!JP2013VIPDined on 7/19/2013The food was excellent as always! The service was good too. My one issue was how hot the restaurant was. It was steamy outside so we wanted to eat in the cool inside. It turned out to be steamy hot inside as well, which was pretty uncomfortable. Otherwise the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore the previous reviewsMarshDined on 7/19/2013After reading the last few reviews, I was leery about making a reservation here. But I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The four of us ordered 3 different appetizers, each one was very good. Then we ordered a pizza to split and it was also very good. The waitress was personable and excellent at taking care of us. It was an extremely hot night and the restaurant wisely chose to keep the windows closed even though there was music on the square that night. We will come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better this time. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2013Much better this time. They put the fettucini dish back on the menu and the portion was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was sub par.VanillaDined on 7/5/2013The ambience of the restaurant was really nice. It was very well decorated. However, it wasn't enough to make up for the food. The pasta sauce in my dish was too watery and my friend's platter was bland. She ended up only eating the grilled vegetable sides. The service was okay. The waitress was all smiles, but she forgot to bring us our bread. I would have never noticed if not for all the other tables seated after us getting their bread platters. Obviously it's not that big if a deal but I figured I'd mention it since it was part of my whole restaurant experience. Maybe it was just the two specific dishes we ordered, but I don't think I will be eating here again.
- Entrees/ServiceMMOROUDined on 6/22/2013My husband & I both had the linguini w seafood and were both very disappointed. It was tepid in temp, mostly very small mussels, 1 small shrimp and a few small chunks of salmon. It was flavorless and dry. Not even the slightest hint of garlic or any seasoning. To make it worse, there were no pasta spoons served w the dish and it took me 5 minutes to find our waiter to ask for both spoons and grated parmesan cheese. We would never order that dish again. Priced and $18.95 only made our dissatisfaction that much greater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2013Tasty food, but somewhat skimpy portions compared to similar restaurants (no leftovers for taking home). Excellent service, but outdoor band (a summer addition, evidently) was quite loud, since the front door was open, so that we requested our seat be moved from close to the entrance to closer to the interior of the restaurant. Attentive service,but prices were a bit high for the portions. Quite family friendly; there were plenty of high chairs for those bringing toddlers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DyingMDfoodie1VIPDined on 6/19/2013Under 21 server... out of wine list selections. Something isn't right here. Took 20 mins to order beverages. Another 20 to order apps. Had to ask for cheeses for the pasta. You get the picture.
- Beautiful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2013The restaurant was empty inside when we arrived at 3:20 on Sunday. The outside dining area was moderately busy. We were seated at a table by the floor to ceiling doors and I was thrilled to see the waiter open the huge glass doors in front of our table! This June day it was warm outside and 20-30 kids were running trough the fountain in their swimsuits, It was a gorgeous experience. The food was probably very good to those who like this type of italian cooking. It was all superior grade and well seasoned, but very plain and very tomato-ey. We had the oro salad and that was excellent. We also had rigatoni with eggplant, the gnocchi in tomato sauce, and a margharita pizza. I would go for the experience, not so much for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Not Be BackSnowstormDinerVIPDined on 5/31/2013We are regular dining out people (3+ times per week). Every few months we retry this restaurant and then are reminded why we don't come back. Last Friday was the final straw. - Loud music outside where we had hoped to sit (Federal Realty's fault not the restaurant) so we opted for inside - Very slow service. Waited for an initial visit, waited for wine, waited after that to finally order food - Salmon came out undercooked - sent back - After long wait told them not to bother - Inside full of families who apparently can't or won't control their children - Loud families seated next to us after we were told we were put at the quietest place inside. - If you like slow service, so-so food and loud diners I highly recommend this place
- Pizza with FlairEmmyVIPDined on 5/30/2013Nice restaurant, not your average pizza place. They have a portioned room available for parties, and a great bar. But if you are just going out with another couple, and even if you bring a baby in a stroller, this place still works. Very roomy--sounds silly, but important, lots of room between tables. The food was good, nothing I'd dream about, but good prices and good flavors... the ambience and prices help make this place solid. All in all, I'd come back.Special Features:
- Quick and tasty lunchLBBBDined on 5/28/2013Work finally got quiet so I went for lunch with my hubby. The restaurant was quiet, service was attentive (but not overly so), and the paninis were really good. They're not true paninis (I don't think they were in a press), but they had the good OroP bread, the cheese was nicely softened (not gooey), and tasty without being salty. I was surprised how empty the restaurant was, but it was the day after Memorial Day so that could have been the explanation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentMicaPuppyVIPDined on 5/27/2013Our server was so unfriendly and disengaged, that she set a negative tone for our dinner from the very beginning. Nothing improved and the food quality was nothing better than adequate.Special Features:
- OKRobinVIPDined on 5/21/2013Oro Pomodoro was just ok. The calamari was hard and chewy. Our cocktails were good (I had a cucumber martini, and my husband had something called a Day at the beach - fruity with rum. Our pizzas were tasty, yet the service was poor. While the location is pretty (heart of downtown Rockville, nice outdoor dining), the place itself is not good. We won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceLBBBDined on 5/18/2013We ordered a pizza as an appetizer - great crust and a tasty sauce. Pastas were very good. Linuine vongole had a red sauce, gnocci were tender and particularly delicious. The only drawback is the noise level - it's a lively place and rather noisy. Service was attentive without being imposing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2013As usual, another pleasant dinner at Oro. However, I would really like to see a change in the Caesar salad away from the current fad of receiving large head(s) of romaine on a plate drizzled with dressing and cheese. This style is very easy and quick for the kitchen, but not pleasant for the customer. I could easily do this myself at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.