Orillas Tapas Bar
902 N Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Orillas Tapas Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vinoteca902.com/
- Phone: 3025759244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:30:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Private Events Available
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Julio C. Lazzarini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will develop a menu specially for the occasion. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Piano music and other entertainment.
A word from Orillas Tapas Bar
Orillas Tapas Bar brings together the flavors from Spain and the Caribbean reflecting the rich culinary diversity of our Chef Julio Lazzarini's Medilatino-Cuisine. Orillas offer an impressive assortment of tapas, as well as bocatas, paellas and award winning sangrias.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Orillas Tapas Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- First visit. Our server, Kristin,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2013First visit. Our server, Kristin, was superb. She knew the food and the wine list. The food was excellent and the wine list, although not large, well balanced and even better, very reasonably priced. A definite return visit is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Great place for a group outing. Half the fun is sharing the tapas. Menu has creative, tasty combinations. Food is prepared well. Service attention was just right. Not over bearing; there when needed.Special Features:
- Menu changedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2013All was fine but they changed the menu and eliminated my favorite tapa- the rtichokes wrapped in Serrano ham. I was very disappointed in this but the rest of the menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so flavorfulreviewer74Dined on 5/11/2013Really enjoyed our first time at Orillas. Seems to be shared service model where you have one main server and others help as needed. Our primary server was friendly and helpful with selections, but one of the other servers was cold and seemed like a movie villain -- just kind of severe and miserable. The food was really flavorful and creative. The mojtos were outstanding. The dessert menu was a little bit boring. Definitely seems like a place to focus on dinner and drinks without worrying about leaving room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Break the ice with TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013This place is a neighborhood gem with good friends to share new foods and new cooking styles. A fun place for fun people old and young.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is full of flavor.DeniseDined on 5/3/2013The food is full of flavor. I love getting the small plates and sharing. The service is excellent. Even the bartender came over to our table to ask if our drinks were okay. The restaurant itself is beautiful. I know they have been at their location for a while now but it really is so much nicer than the original location down the street. The cushioned benches with pillows, the wood, the separation of the restaurant and bar and the entrance are just lovely and very comfortable.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceDancerToesDined on 5/1/2013A group of us with Wednesday matinee tickets have each taken a turn selecting a new restaurant to try for lunch prior to the show. This is THE one for which there was 100% agreement: We're coming back! The dining room is lovely, service was very good, and the food was outstanding. We had (shared) small plates - 6 was a nice amount for 4, and also shared 2 desserts. Truly delicious and beautifully presented. Don't miss this place if you are in downtown Wilmington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect setting for a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013A perfect setting for a quiet dinner. Food is absolutely excellent; the tapas are exquisite and ideal for sampling.Special Features:
- This visit was a disappointment,DEdinerVIPDined on 4/24/2013This visit was a disappointment, perhaps they were short on staff as I waited for three minutes at the door before someone came to seat me and my guest. They did not have one of the items I wanted, but took a long time to let me know. My guest got her entree about ten minutes before I was served mine--which you expect in a tapas place but I was not offered anything. The music was fine, but I was not excited to go right back--while I have been pleased in the past.Special Features:
- Good food, slow service.KBarMVIPDined on 4/16/2013We went pre-theater on a weeknight. They were busy, because there were two shows that night, but still, 15 minutes to get wine and 25 minutes to get the first course (which didn't need to be cooked--just sliced and plated) is excessive. The food was actually very good, and we might visit again, but not when we have a deadline.
- Our server was very knowledgeablenjbukerVIPDined on 4/16/2013Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. Overall, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- We had an excellent diningJoanDined on 4/13/2013We had an excellent dining experience as usual at Orillas Tapas, one of the best restaurants in Wilmington, DE. The restaurant is beautiful, quiet, romantic and the food is outstanding. The tapas are better than most I have had in Spain. The presentation is also beautiful, worthy of any 5 start restaurant, and I am a foodie so them all. The owners are both award winning chefs (Master Chef and Chopped), so I am never disappointed in the meal. A must try! Reasonable price for such wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- This is a great place forSuzanneDined on 3/26/2013This is a great place for dinner before a show at the Grand Opera House or DuPont Theatre.Special Features:
- While I wish Orillas had stayedtravelmad478Dined on 3/21/2013While I wish Orillas had stayed in its original location, which had a much nicer atmosphere, the food is still good and this is still a reliable dining experience. The menu is creative and well-executed, a big positive in a place like Wilmington. Service is a bit rough around the edges--I have been struck by this since my very first visit when the restaurant opened several years ago, and it hasn't really improved. It doesn't make Orillas a bad place to go, but it could be a better place with better-trained and more professional staff.Special Features:
- Delicious tapas and sangriaWilmingtonfriendDined on 3/12/2013Service was rushed and a little erratic because they were very busy on a show night when everyone needed to leave at the same time. That being said, they were extremely friendly and helpful and got us to our show on time. Food was fantastic! Ambiance was great except for the flickering light near our table. I noticed the same thing a year ago so they might want to fix this.Special Features:
- Definitely one of my favoriteAndreaVIPDined on 3/9/2013Definitely one of my favorite restaurants. Gets better every time I go. Favorite tapas -- tuna al limon (all time favorite), eggplant tempura, potatas bravas (that sauce!!). The spinach dish is delightful - a friend made me try it and I loved it. The calamari is always good, as is the shrimp dish. Favorite drink is the Grand Smash. Only drawback (and it is a slight one) is that the mixed drinks could be better. We've tried the mojitos, lemon drop martinis -- and they are just so so. The Grand Smash is a big improvement. Bring back the grilled lamb tapas please!!!Special Features:
- Great food, awesome service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Great food, awesome service. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Server was very knowledgableDiners4lifeDined on 3/2/2013Server was very knowledgable and the food was delicious! Prices were a little more but totally worth it, and cheaper than going into Philly. They did have a random tiny table in the middle of the room that is not fit for more than one person.Special Features:
- DisappointedBluehennerDined on 3/2/2013We made a 6pm reservation because we had theater tickets for a show at 8pm one block away. Orilla's decor is warm/romantic, is dimly lit and seniors may have difficulty reading the menu. Service is good. We ordered tapas and requested the flat bread we ordered be put in first, it came out last. We had 8 tapas and a flat bread. The lamb albondigas were excellent as we're the chicken empanadas and the spinach tapas. The beef empanadas were good. The Serrano ham, asparagus, and crab tapas were terrible. The flat bread, top one on the menu was greasy. We did order dessert and it did take a long while to come out, I think the waitress was being overwhelmed. It's an average dining experience and if you eat here before the theater, skip dessert!Special Features:
- Orillas can do no WrongOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013We absolutely LOVE Orillas - I will start this review by saying our group is always a little tough to wait on, we are big in personality and when we do dine out, we just want to eat and drink with a reckless abandon - the waiter was very nice but a little arrogant when it came to teaching us how to " order tapas " maybe we are just dbags but I lived in Spain for many years and although I found his speech well performed we did have an issue with him limiting our order and he was sort of uppity about it. And by the way dude that isn't how tapas are served in Spain, maybe in a local tourist trap but NOT in the neighborhood bars where you buy tepid food that is sitting out all day. OK, so past that, back to my review - AMAZING Get There !!!Special Features:
- This was the first time IGirlMom68VIPDined on 2/19/2013This was the first time I have ever been disappointed by this restaurant. I tried to call the manager before writing this review, but he/she never returned my call. I made the mistake of going to this restaurant on the same night as a show at The Grand. I made the reservation for 6:15pm. We did not even get served our first dish until 7:20 pm. -- all of our dishes came in quick succession and were rushed. We could not even finish our meal that cost $ 100 because we had to leave to get to our show. We were expected to eat 6 dishes in 20 minutes. Very unprofessional.
- We had a very good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2013We had a very good dinner with many different selections. We were a group of six and the waitress was helpful in selecting items. The food arrived in a timely manner, was at a good temperature, and delicious!Special Features:
- WE LOVE ORILLAS AND HAVE EATENcopsonVIPDined on 2/19/2013WE LOVE ORILLAS AND HAVE EATEN THERE MANY TIMES IN THE PAST UNFORTUNATELY ON THIS PARTICULAR EVENING THE KITCHEN WAS OVERWHELMED BY THE CROWD DINING PRIOR TO INA GARTENS APPEARANCE AT THE GRAND WE ARRIVED AT SIX AND RECEIVED OUR FOOD AN HOUR AND A HALF LATERSpecial Features:
- Excellent Tapas - great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Each tapas order was original, well presented and delicious but (like most tapas) way overpriced for what you are getting. We have been here several times and only once did we find the service lacking (our last visit in February 2013. The live music is well selected and adds to the romantic atmosphere. Sit at the bar if you can, the bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly. Great place to acquaint yourself with Spanish wines and Sangrias.Special Features:
- Home of the $7 oysterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Took my significant other here for V-Day. We've been here before and really enjoyed their paella and exceptional variety of tapas. Our experience on this special day was lackluster. The host called to confirm my reservation, unfortunately at that time he failed to tell me that they were providing a very limited menu and I forgot to ask. We arrived about 2 minutes late for our resevation, as parking can be hard to come by on market street. The hostess informed us that they had given away our table and we would have to wait. Fortunately it was only about two minutes before we were seated. The Sauvignon Blanc we ordered was very good. We left for pizza shortly after paying $14 for an app of 2 oysters, which tasted old.Special Features:
- Rarely write a negative reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Rarely write a negative review but I was disappointed. After a year of seeing the restaurant and trying to fit in a dinner my wife and I finally at at Orillas. It is dimly lit and romantic. Though we thought tables were close enough to hear other couples conversations. My honest feeling is that although a nice experience...more of an after dinner type place that needs light entertainment. Food was tasty..but portions served in courses were so small I never felt full..in fact after leaving we went somewhere else to actually eat. Lastly..food and drinks are way too expensive. Waitstaff and hostess were very good and helpful with menu. Though I hope it continues to work out for them. We are not likely to return.Special Features:
- Great food and sangria, lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Great food and sangria, lovely atmosphere, very conveniently located. Had dinner here before a show at the DuPont Theatre, our server Mike was exceptional.Special Features:
- Went here before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013Went here before the theater and the food was wonderful. Unfortunately the service started out well but did not finish on a positive note. The waiter asked if we were going to the theater and when we replied yes, he said he would keep track of the time for us so we could relax. Everything went well and he was doing a great job until we wanted to order coffee and dessert. He brought us the menus with plenty of time to spare but then didn't come back to take our coffee and dessert order. We finally had to track him down. By the time it arrived we had to hurry to finish and arrived at the theater right at 8. The last time we ate here before the theater, we had a similar experience.Special Features:
- The absolute best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2013The absolute best restaurant in Wilmington. May it long last. P.S. Our server was wonderful in every respect.Special Features:
- The menu is exceptional, thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013The menu is exceptional, though my group ate only tapas and flatbreads. The flatbreads are a must, especially the Iberica. The food was well paired as it was served and the flavors were well balanced. The sangrias often contain seasonal fruit, which is a nice touch. The desserts aren't too exciting, even after a third visit with a different one each time. I favor flan, though I can't say the one here particularly excels. Bottomline: stick to the tapas and include at least one flatbread, and your stomach will thank you for it. Unrelated to food, our waitress was very cooperative in helping make my friend's 50th-birthday dinner a special occasion.Special Features:
- This time, we went with 7AndreaVIPDined on 1/18/2013This time, we went with 7 people. Love this restaurant. Best enjoyed with a group as many tapas can be ordered and shared. We always order tuna al limon, eggplant tempura, the crab tapas, potatas bravas, calamari (grilled and fried, shrimp. The only dish we've ever had that really was not good was the asparagus -- it simply did not taste right. The flatbread came highly recommended, but was just average compared to the rest of the tapas.Special Features:
- First time here - went beforeDelawareDinerDined on 1/11/2013First time here - went before a show at the The Grand. Really good food. My husband ordered a second plate of the Lamb Empanada special he loved it so much. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Tapas Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013We had a wonderful meal. The staff is both professional and friendly, and the sommelier is very knowledgeable. We definitely will be back and have been spreading the news!Special Features:
- Went to Orillas for 7:45pmBERNDined on 12/31/2012Went to Orillas for 7:45pm New Years & ordered off menu. Excellent as always! Thank you!Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012This was our second visit to Orillas and we were not disappointed. Tapas dining is a great way to experience many different flavors, textures and types of food. Orillas does an excellent job with their dishes. It is a fun way to dine with friends-enjoying good food without being rushed through a meal. We will definately return.Special Features:
- Beautiful building with tallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012Beautiful building with tall ceilings. We happened to be there when a vineyard owner was doing tastings. Free wine and caviar - yes please. Tapas was generally very good. A couple were a little tasteless. Parking on the busy street can be tricky so plan ahead. Wine list was overpriced but had a good selection. Would make a great date place.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012The food was excellent, as was the service. Our waitress recommended that we try several tapas plates and her suggestions were terrific. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- Food excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2012Food excellent as usual. Everyone in our group was very happy with each of the tapas and flatbreads. We we a little annoyed that at the upon ordering our drinks (around 5:45pm), the server said that they had to have the table ready for the next group at 7:15pm. We did have some fun with it and did not let it ruin our night, however, a bit distasteful.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryStanDined on 11/24/2012Food and service were very good. Waitress was knowledge about the wines.Special Features:
- Service was very good. ThePuckVIPDined on 11/10/2012Service was very good. The food was good, but in several dishes was too "rich" because of the use of too much oil.