Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach
Long Beach, CA 90808Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.originalroadhousegrill.com/
- Phone: 5623775952
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach
Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin" atmosphere. You'll find folks wearing blue jeans and peanuts served in buckets. You'll hear a blend of country music, classic rock and blues on the jukebox. We're an American Family Steakhouse so bring in the whole family and crew for a fun, hearty and delicious meal. Our USDA Washington State steaks are fresh, aged for full flavor, hand-cut daily in-house and grilled over mesquite wood. We also serve an award winning slow roasted Bourbon Tri-tip as well as a selection of Bison Steaks, Ribs, Burgers, Chicken and Seafood. While you wait, enjoy our freshly baked rolls with Honey Butter or an order of our Texas Egg Rolls served with our house made Jalapeno Jelly. Our full-service saloon offers its own share of special roadhouse themed beverages served in mason jars, as well as locally crafted beers and a full wine selection. We accommodate parties large and small and Happy Hour starts at 2 PM daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Way too noisyKGChangDined on 8/31/2014Have never been at a restaurant so filled with noisy and rude patrons. Parents were ignoring their kids while they screamed and played at the tables during their meals, people had their cell phone volume cranked up high at the tables so they could watch YouTube videos while they ate, etc. Service was slow and not very attentive. Took a long time to have anyone come over to offer drinks, service after that was intermittent at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raw SteaksSteakmanDined on 7/12/2014Steaks (Ribeye) looks like they put them on the Grill Right from the Freezer the color if them was white not a brown look No Taste to them I don't know if the steaks were old
- yummy4meDined on 7/4/2014I love their combos and my husband lovs their all you can eat soup and salad. The sweet potatoes are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sever Nicole was terrible.happyflowersDined on 6/15/2014The server took about ten minutes just toapproach our table and take our drink order. Not friendly, it seemed to bother her to help us. Didn't recommend anything. Didn't offer any refills on drinks, didn't bring any bread unti we requested it. She could care less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinggfamilyfunDined on 6/15/2014We arrived 10 minutes before our reservations and were seated immediately. The food was amazing, great atmosphere, waitress was on it and best of all we were able to watch the World Cup games.Special Features:
- Bigfootsize14Bigfootsize14Dined on 6/15/2014One of the teenagers did not enjoy the dry rub on the ribs as she prefers them sauced. Several mentioned that the orion ring appetizer was not only greasy, but they also too big and fine as another bar-be-que restaurant chain nearby your Long Beach location. Lastly, we weren't offer peanuts which I saw other patrons getting them from a server.
- Horrible ExperienceValskisDined on 6/13/2014It was my daughters 21st birthday and she wanted prime rib and her first alcoholic drink. They ran out of prime rib. The server was incredibly slow. Her first steak wasn't cooked correctly. The replacement one was tough. Then to make matters worse she never got to have dessert. It was very sad!
- Gill items good-appetizers just ok.RichDined on 5/29/2014Good basic bar food. i did not try the grilled items, but they did look great - wish I had of tried them as the appetizers were just okay. Grilled vegitable were a good alternative to fries.Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Original Roadhouse Grill - Long Beach reviews archive.
- Steak NightEnp32Dined on 5/23/2014The food was good but the filet mignon was tough. Not watch I was hoping for. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Good BBQOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014I had bbq chicken, nice & moist. Wife had London Broil, looked very dry and serving size looked NOTHING like the picture.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2014The restaurant is definitely a contender with Lucille's BBQ just next door, but it offers enough to make me choose it. Especially with Bison on the menu, it's a very good offering they have.Special Features:
- YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE HUNGRYmayala225Dined on 4/12/2014Compared to other Roadhouse's this has a more welcoming feeling. Staff is extremely friendly. Food come's in pretty decent portions and very flavorful. Beware of the sweet potato! It's the size of a NBA players shoe!! smothered in butter and brown sugar. Short ribs just fall off the bone. My wife is not a steak person so for her to say that the Ribeye she ate was tender and delicious says plenty. I will and do recommend this place. But reservations are extremely recommended. I made my reservation online for 6:30. We arrived at 6:20 and within 10-15 minutes we were seated. Walk in's had to wait for 30-45 minutes. so yes make reservations in advance. While you wait you can enjoy a bucket of fresh roasted peanuts & not worry about the mess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The jalapeño artichoke dip taste nothing like jalapeños or artichoke. The Chili beans taste like they were canned Chili. The quality of the tri tip was great and the spare ribs were also real good. It's a lively and energetic establishment and it makes it fun. Having it being my first visit, overall we had a good tone. The waitress was super cool but bi don't think I would return anytime soon let alone recommend it to anyone. The best selection sux...Special Features:
- so-soRobUDined on 3/30/2014All I can say. nothing wrong with the place, though nothing all that right either. Probably great for people that want to eat a lot of so-so food for a comparably low price for how much you get. While I waitress was funny, it wasn't particularly great service, but not bad either. With as many open tables as their were, it seemed odd that I had to wait 10 minutes past my reservation time, as well as a being sat after a walk-in that came after us. Overall, really mediocre, nothing terrible, just a lot of blah. With many better restaurants available, there isn't much this place offers beyond volume of food.
- Introduced by a Roadhouse RegularDrRickDined on 3/29/2014My first visit was very enjoyable and the 'Ribs' were great! I'll be back when I return to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is Still KingCypressSteveDined on 3/28/2014The food was great but the service was the real topper! Our server, Paula, was spot on with everything she did to make our experience enjoyable. While the peanuts were a nice touch, I'm not real fond of peanut shells all over the floor, but otherwise it was clean and the atmosphere was a happy-kind of family-friendly. Every so often, the staff would stop and do some line dancing. Good food. Good fun. And excellent service in a great atmosphere. I'd recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original Roadhouse GrilldisneychickVIPDined on 3/20/2014Got the roadhouse broil the 9 oz with a side of sweet potato ,cup of broccoli cheese soup,and a strawberry lemonade. The steak had a pretty good flavor. The potato was a good size. The soup was pretty tasty. The lemonade was average,I would not get it again, not much strawberry flavor to it,so it was like getting just a normal lemonade. No rush to going back this place was very average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful attentive serviceJCarpDined on 3/9/2014Upon arrival, our party of four was cheerfully greeted by Jeremy. He engaged in conversation and jokes during our very brief wait for our table. He even visited with us while we were dining. Traits of a great employee showing a genuine interest in the patrons. Kudos to Jeremy. Our server, Stephanie, was super-attentive, making sure our meals were enjoyable and our glasses filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneCaliwalkerDined on 2/19/2014It had been years since I'd been to ORG, and after our last dinner here, I don't know why. An excellent evening all around, good food at reasonable prices. Chicken was fall-off-the-bone tender as was the baby back ribs. Just the right amount of barbecue sauce basted on the meats (I don't like it smothered in sauce), but there's a bottle of sauce on the table if you like it drippy. The wait staff was friendly, attentive, but professional. What I like about this restaurant is there are smaller portion selections available ("A Little Less Dinner") at slightly lower prices, as well as $1.99 smaller portion desserts (peanut butter cheesecake in a cup was just right after a full dinner). Will definitely be coming back to try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBobbiDined on 2/14/2014We had a great time. The food was great, service prompt and overall joyous environment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceFreddyLoveDined on 2/14/2014We went to Roadhouse on Valentines Day. The walk up wait was 1 1/2 hours. Open Table got us a table 5mins after we arrived. The restaurant overcame the challenge of being very busy and provided great service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good family friendly placeMHARTDined on 2/14/2014Although Valentine's Day can be a bad day for a restaurant experience, I thought this restaurant handled it quite well. We always spend Valentine's dinner as a family and was looking for a place that catered to that. There were more families here than couples, so it was the right place for us. With the OpenTable reservation, we got right in, even though there were lines on people waiting. We had eaten here before and didn't notice any difference in the food at all. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the food was hot and tasty. The service was fast and friendly. Overall, a good experience on a hectic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waitress seemed out of touchmfrajoeDined on 2/14/2014the food was great all except the waitress just seemed confused i felt like my mom was waiting on me and I am 55 years old. we have been to this resturant many times and had great waitresses always she was out of touch.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODROSEDined on 2/12/2014MY HUSBAND TOOK US FOR A EARLY FAMILY VALENTINES DINNER WITH THE KIDS AND IT WAS VERY NICE. I KNOW THEY ARE KNOWN FOR THERE PEANUT BUCKET WHICH ARE GOOD JUST DONT LIKE THE PEANUT TRASH ALL OVER THE FLOOR. BUT LOVE THE FOOD, PEANUTS, AND FRESH BAKED BREAD AND BUTTER. I WOULD GO BACK AND TOLD FRIENDS ABOUT HOW GOOD THE FOOD WAS MY TRI TIP WAS COOKED JUST LIKE I WANTED. MY KIDS AND US LOVED THE RIBS TOO MEAT FELL RIGHT OFF. EVEN WITH THE PEANUT TRASH ON THE FLOOR I WOULD GO BACK ON A MONTHLY BASES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas stylemomoDined on 2/9/2014Loved the food . Toddler friendly !!!!!!I was very happy about that . but the waitress service was very poor But overall I will go back kids friendly love the balloon guy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time!SealBeachResidentDined on 2/9/2014Food was great. Enjoyed celebrating my birthday there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but noisyEatsoutoftenDined on 2/7/2014Reasonably priced and good food. Loved the peanuts only negative was it was very noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodmizztbear13Dined on 1/31/2014Well, the food was great, and the waittress was so friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSuperNinjaMonkeyDined on 1/1/2014I was disappointed with the overall experience. Our waitress was great but the food took so long to come out that by the time it did we were no longer hungry. It wasn't terribly busy but it seemed like out waitress was running all over the place. The food was okay, nothing I would get me to come back. I probably would not recommend this restaurant to my friends or family. I would probably just wait the 30-40 mins for Lucille's if I was craving decent BBQ meal.
- Good food, Good servicecarollVIPDined on 12/28/2013For a national chain, Road House is consistently reliable. It is not foodie heaven nor with it ever be. the prices are reasonable. The staff was energetic and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great XMAS Dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Service was very good even though since some help did not show up and the remaining employees did a excellent job filling in. Our dinner was Sunday evening before Christmas, GREAT JOB AND WILL BE BACKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSJimmyCDined on 12/20/2013We have never ordered something from the menu that we didn't enjoy! The food is delicious and the servers are always so friendly.Special Features:
- thank you guys we had good64olyDined on 12/7/2013thank you guys we had good time. the food was great love this place.Special Features:
- Tri Tip and MargaritasdodieDined on 12/6/2013The Tri-Tip dinner I had was very good. However, we were disappointed in the 32 oz. house margarita. I realize it was only $8.75 but it was so watered down it was hardly worth even that amount. Very bad drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good AlternativeDeliciousDined on 11/15/2013Good for prior to/after the movies, in the busy shopping center where all other restaurants are full.Special Features:
- A good place to eatDavidDined on 11/15/2013I made reservations knowing that there was going to be people waiting for a table, however I still had to wait about 20 minutes. Overall I had a good experience though. Food and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and friendly staffAllThumbsDined on 11/11/2013This is a great restaurant to come and be yourself. Very casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peanuts Galore!!GARYDined on 11/11/2013Great tasting ribs and steaks! Free peanuts served in small buckets and you can even toss the shells on the floor. Service is super and always with a smile. Price is reasonable. Casual dress is in order. Appreciate that they recognize all Veterans on Veterans Day with a free meal.Special Features:
- All around awesomeLongie80Dined on 11/2/2013We celebrated my husband's 40th birthday here. Originally I had made a reservation for 16 people but people started inviting themselves after I had already made the reservation so I called them and they were happy to add more people to our reservation. I brought a cake and they happily stored it until we were ready for it. The staff was super friendly and super helpful. And their birthday routine is hilarious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceBakingMommyDined on 10/19/2013The food was good and the service was awesome. WE had the nicest waitress, and all I want when I go out to dinner is good food and good Service. The waitress was friendly and patient. We had our two little boys and they had a lot of fun. Plus, they played good music. it has been a while since we went to roadhouse and now i can't wait to go back. We r going next Friday to celebrate my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.