Original Roadhouse Grill - Whittier
15156 E Whittier Blvd.
Whittier, CA 90603Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Original Roadhouse Grill - Whittier
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.originalroadhousegrill.com/
- Phone: 5629457796
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room is available for groups of 15 or more with a reservation. We are happy to offer your Guests the regular menu, a limited banquet menu or a menu designed just for your occasion. Availability is limited, so please give us a call today to arrange your function.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5629457796
A word from Original Roadhouse Grill - Whittier
Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find folks wearing blue jeans and peanuts served in buckets. You'll hear a blend of country music, classic rock and blues on the jukebox. We're an American Family Steakhouse so bring in the whole family and crew for a fun, hearty and delicious meal. Our USDA Washington State steaks are fresh, aged for full flavor, hand-cut daily in-house and grilled over mesquite wood. We also serve an award winning slow roasted Bourbon Tri-tip as well as a selection of Bison Steaks, Ribs, Burgers, Chicken and Seafood. While you wait, enjoy our freshly baked rolls with Honey Butter or an order of our Texas Egg Rolls served with our house made Jalapeno Jelly. Our full-service saloon offers its own share of special roadhouse themed beverages served in mason jars, as well as locally crafted beers and a full wine selection. We accommodate parties large and small and Happy Hour starts at 2 PM daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Original Roadhouse Grill - Whittier reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- good food but bad servicelove2waDined on 10/16/2014the food was great but the waitress Seemed overwhelmed with too many tables and it took 30 minutes just to get water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindHerreraDined on 10/13/2014My First Time there and it was the Best atmosphere for Family!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buds birthdaybud59Dined on 8/15/2014For a Friday evening it was not too crowded. There new staff, we have been going to this store since it moved in years ago almost once a month at minimum. Hopefully management is trying to get it together, it has not been run too good lately.Special Features:
- NicedjcalDined on 7/23/2014Was hoping to catch HH but we missed it. Good food small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any time is the right timeLove2eatDined on 7/11/2014Awesome once again usually sit in the bar. Games are on drinks are on and food is served. What more can you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in party roombud59Dined on 7/11/2014Placed in party room when booths where available in regular booth area. Hostess pointed to the table and put our menus on edge of table and went back to stand and chat with other workers at front podium. Never have we been put in the back even when busy, Fortunately our waiter did not forget about us. Three diners and he brings us three buns.We where his only customers stuck in the back room with no TV. But he told us we had the air conditioner, which was set at 78 deg. This might be the end of our business with this location. Maybe that is why there is less people visiting this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodgastrocatDined on 7/4/2014Whenever I'm out of my local dining environs, I'll cross reference yelp, urban spoon with open table. "Roadhouse" in the title of a restaurant has been a great dining experience and the Whittier lunch kept my string intact. The Bison Riley was fabulous, cooked to the right temperature, the broccoli wasn't overcooked and the dinner salad was bigger than most. Of course, the peanuts & a cold beer couldn't be a better appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Original Roadhouse Grill - Whittier reviews archive.
- Not as expectedGregrbonDined on 5/11/2014We've been here before and enjoyed it. But on this Mother's Day, the service was EXTREMELY slow. It too an hour for our food, and the restaurant wasn't even busy at the time. There were many empty tables that were left dirty. When we got our food my wife's steak was way over cooked. Ordered medium rare and got medium well. I ordered rare and received between medium we'll and we'll done. No wonder it took so long. I'll have to reconsider returning to this restaurant.
- Busy,busy,but good foodLuvMyBBQDined on 5/10/2014Had dinner the Saturday before Mothers Day..Made reservations online...We were seated 10 minutes later after our scheduled time. We usually have lunch when we eat there and decided we would have dinner this time. Service is usually pretty good, but because of so many patrons, we had to hunt down our waiter to refill our drinks and bring us dinner rolls. The food is always good,especially their BBQ chicken and their dinner rolls. I recommend that the Roadhouse add additional staff on Fridays and Saturday evenings to keep the service on keel with the good food. When you seat patrons at a table, you should be able to service them timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmm yumartificialDined on 4/25/2014I was so satisfied with my food great flavor. Delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightbud59Dined on 3/28/2014Seated as soon as we arrived, hostess was present and seated us in a booth. Our waitress arrived a few minutes later to greet us and take our drink order. She brought our drinks and took our order and brought us THE rolls, today they are the rolls they are known for, fresh and fluffy. They did not last long, our food arrived and Sondra asked if she could bring us more rolls. Our food was great and service was better than usual. Sondra was kind enough to give us some rolls in a to go box, unfortunetly these rolls where not the same as served hot in resurant.Special Features:
- We were not seated on timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We were not seated on time for our 5:30pm reservation and waitress didn't take as much time with us as she should have, in too much of a hurry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ordered the New York steak,ChrisDined on 2/27/2014I ordered the New York steak, it was mushy, I did not eat much of it,
- Dined here for the first time.SpokanLilacDined on 2/21/2014Dined here for the first time. This steakhouse is decent with comparable prices to other nearby restaurants offering a similar menu. The rolls with honey butter are good. I ordered the Roadhouse Broil and was not disappointed. The broccoli was a little soft, but the grilled vegetables (kabob) was really good. Next time, I think I'll order a double order of the grilled vegetables. The peanuts were too easy to keep eating. I think we nearly polished off our whole pail of peanuts. My husband was a little disappointed that he didn't get more bison in his ribeye (it was 16 oz. but he only got to eat maybe 8 oz. worth of meat due to all the fat/gristle). I think we'll come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I usually go to this restaurantvikkieDined on 2/14/2014I usually go to this restaurant for a good steak, but in this occasion the steak we order was over cooked and I did not like it at all!!Special Features:
- Dining surpriseThehungryfewDined on 2/14/2014I have known of this restaurant for many years, my only other experience was not a good one. But that was many years ago. On Valentine's day when you can't get on anywhere, I went to my trusty app "opentable" and bam there where reservations available at Original Roadhouse so we made them and went. What treat, although felt kind of bad we walked in and there were easily 50 waiting to be seated, with our reservation we were seated immediately. They had a special for the holiday, meal, drink and dessert for around $20. I had a mighty mojito tea and it was amazing, served on a mason jar I had two. My prime rib was perfect the shrimp was too, but the baked sweet potato with cinnamon butter and brown sugar was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightbud59Dined on 1/31/2014Arrived @ 5:45 was seated right away for our reservation. It was not too busy at the time, but it did pick up about 6 pm. Our sever was Kira she was always to be found and present, she did not pester us but kept us full of during and pick up our table as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedidinewhittierDined on 1/11/2014I had heard about this place from a couple people, and wanted to try it out. The sever was very polite and knowledgeable about the menu. Will definitely return very soon.Special Features:
- RoadhouseBrendaDined on 12/31/2013When we arrived for our reservation there was no one at the hostess desk to greet us. Several hostesses were talking amongst themselves for several minutes and looked very annoyed to be bothered with taking our name. Then, despite having a reservation, we waited another 20 minutes to be seated. Our waitess, however, was excellent and the food was great. Overall I am not very likely to return.Special Features:
- unhappyjuniorDined on 12/22/2013service was very poor. meat was under cooked. was not impressed.
- Totally SatisfiedLisaLisaDined on 12/12/2013We went to Original Roadhouse Grill for our Christmas luncheon and we could not be more pleased. From the moment we walked in until the time we left - the staff was awesome, especially our server. Unfortunately I don't remember her name, but she was extremely sweet and on top of her game. She was attentive to each of us and it was very much appreciated. We will definitely be back and highly recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at RoadhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I brought my fiancé here for his 25th birthday. The food was great and and reasonably priced. The only problems I had was that our waitress only came by to check on us once and our table was very small. I loved that our waitress told us everything that came as part if our meal. Most restaurants don't let you know there is onion on your salad. Drink we're amazing. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table appBuffaloDined on 11/15/2013First time I used the open app. Made a reservation 15 min. before we got there table for 4 It was packed and we all said no way this app will work. We walked in and gave name they said 2 min. And sat us at our time we were all impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatvdorDined on 11/8/2013Great plate, great portions, well worth the price. Great service, very helpful and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American Country StandardDragon401Dined on 10/25/2013Friendly staff and tasty food. Ribs were available in two flavors, Roadhouse Original flavor and sweet honey. Fun place where you throw shells from your peanuts on the floor with interesting bar drinks. On this visit the staff appeared to be over-extended with our server not as attentive as in the past having to service a sizable number of tables. Joining frequent diner club is work the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food! Customer service?rickDined on 10/5/2013Food was excellent, on point. Can't say the same about the customer service. Everything was done very slow; from ordering our drinks, to forgetting the straws and bread rolls. It took about 20 minutes to put in our food order and it wasn't busy. This Whittier location should get tips from the Long Beach location. I had a Jim Beam rib eye steak. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely Satisfiedlucky11Dined on 9/7/2013We were VERY impressed with our dining experience. We made the reservation on-line 1/2 hour before our arrival. It was AWESOME because we had a 2 year old in our party. So we didn't have to wait for our table. Our server was AMAZING! Our orders were PERFECT, served in a timely manner, she was GREAT with the 2 year old and she took care of ALL our needs. We will DEFINITELY be enjoying more family dinners there. Signed' A HAPPY CUSTOMER :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2013The food was good but, the service was slow. They seemed to be short handed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ho HumGlamourMomDined on 6/14/2013I made my reservations through Open Table. The place was not as crowded when we walked in, but we still had to wait for our table to be set up. Our server was very pleasant but it seemed like she was one of the few servers that night, so we had to wait a long time to get our order, our drinks and our food. The food was decent, but consensus of the group was it was not going to be our first choice for dinner because of our experience.Special Features:
- SLOW SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013I have eaten here several times and the one constant is that there are never enough servers or bar tenders and always an excuse as to why they are slow. We were not in a hurry, good thing! The kitchen got two of our orders wrong but we did not send the orderd back. Our food was good which is why wecome back but normally choose Lucille's over Roafhouse because of the service.Special Features:
- Great restaurant to have aEt1234Dined on 5/24/2013Great restaurant to have a steak & hillbilly punch, especially after a long day at the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serverYumm8Dined on 5/14/2013Our server was such a sweetheart even offered to mix half juice half water for my kids! Had a great time celebrating my dads birthday! And the food was delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has seen betterExrammfanDined on 3/29/2013This restaurant has seen better days. Their steaks are on a par with Outback or Black Angus. However with so many bbq restaurants in the area, Roadhouse is only below average on their BBQ. The meat on the baby backs do fall right off the bone however their bbq sauce is too sweet. Roadhouse used to have one of the best dinner salads around. It was large and their house dressing was simply outstanding. Our friends & family would go just to have the salad. Then the salad was smaller and they did away with the great house dressing. Baffling!Special Features:
- AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2013First time at this restaurant and was NOT disappointed. We had a party of 8 and the fact that i was able to make reservations was definitely a PLUS, and awesome service and GREAT food made this a new restaurant for our family outings!!!! Cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Valentines DayUpsettingDined on 2/14/2013We wanted to spend V-Day with our kids and this was just perfect, there were other families who were thinking the same we saw several families dinning.Special Features:
- At first, the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013At first, the service was good. The waitress was friendly. We brought our own cake to celebrate my son birthday. When it was time to bring the cake, the server did not clear/clean the table. They also brought us little plates but no clean forks. We had to get the attention of some else to have the table clean and get clean forks. The restaurant was not busy at all. It felt that it was an inconvenience to the staff having to celebrate birthdays.Special Features:
- USED TO LOVE ITOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012My third visit is my last visit due to the very poor quality of the food, specifically the meat being grisly and the overall plate being tepid. even when returned for reheat. the service was friendly and the staff efficent but will not give another chance to that location to take my hard earned money for sub par food. VERY DISAPPOINTED CONSIDERING I GAVE THAT STORE THREE CHANCES,BUSINESS,FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
- Bad timing?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Great service from our server. They appeared overwhelmed on Christmas Eve, with less staff than required. The chicken was overdone, even after sending it back to the kitchen, the replacement was the same. Have been there before with better food experience.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012The food was very good and prepared promptly. The service was inattentive and the check was brought without even asking if we wanted dessert. The fountain Coke was watered down. I would go again but it will never be my top grill.Special Features:
- Staff was short, but tookbud59Dined on 12/20/2012Staff was short, but took care of tables with friendly attatudes. Waiter applgized for not filling drinks at half empty. Took drinks of bill.Special Features: