100 S Main St
Santa Ana, CA 92701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.originalmikes.com/
- Phone: (714) 550-7764
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Brook Polfer 7149200423
A word from Original Mike's
Good cookin', good eatin' good livin' is what Original Mike's is all about. Once a magnificent Buick dealership, Original Mike's is now a classy,sassy, retro, and metropolitan restaurant. Boasting three big separate rooms and one huge patio for your dining and drinking pleasure, this restaurant is mammoth. The half-pound Angus California burger is the best burger in the OC. Shoot down to Original Mike's on Tuesday night to work off the back-to-work blues, enjoying Karaoke with DJ Rodney or dance the night away "Elvis" style on Wednesday with Orange County Lounge Legend Phil Shane. Original Mike's is all the rage for live music every night. The great service heightens your experience, as your visual senses take in the eclectic,but eye-pleasing decor-including and antique car showroom and a 1930's fire truck. There is nothing lost on this flavorful experience. Make your way to Downtown OC and see how this restaurant lives up to its motto and then some.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Original Mike's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Horrible servicegirlslunchDined on 6/26/2013Had a reservation for 8 via Open Table. Upon arrival, our table was not ready & we were sat in the bar. We weren't asked if the bar was acceptable. A soccer game was on the entire time so it made it very hard to talk. The waitress wasn't rude, but wasn't personable either. 3 out of the 8 orders were wrong. 2 had ordered onion rings with their entree & received fries. 1 did not order fries or onion rings but got onion rings. When we told this to the server (not the person that took the order) he said "Oh, I will get the onion rings" and brought out 6 onion rings on one plate for the 2 people that had ordered them when the one that didn't order them received about 8! No refill offered on the sodas. Tired of the bad service.
- Nice venue with a few lovelyOverkaleVIPDined on 6/24/2013Nice venue with a few lovely choices within to dine -- an outdoor patio, an indoor concert/dining area and a traditional booth/bar area. But the waitress phoned in the service and the cobb salad chicken was overly chewy and tasteless, as was the bacon which must have been old because bacon is rarely tasteless..... I wanted to like it. But sadly, all I can rave about is the venue and lots of free parking.
- Great PlaceMichelleGDined on 6/22/2013I loved this place. They went out of their way to accommodate my group for a joint birthday party. Prices were great, there's not many places that have a happy hour on a Saturday! Had a wonderful time and it wasn't too crowded!Special Features:
- Low Key & AccomodatinglilmisssunshineDined on 5/19/2013We had a birthday event that people arrived at different times. Original Mike's was very accommodating to us switching tables and adding guests to our party. Everyone was comfortable and was able to move from the patio to the dinning room. Would def have another event there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and food. ReallyTomPDined on 5/18/2013Great place and food. Really enjoyed. Looks like a cool place to come to at night and party. They have I think two stages for live entertainment. It was pretty quiet due to the time I went for an early dinner with my wife and 3 year old but this place looks like its hoppin place at night for the night life they provide. I would recommend this place for any type of occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough servers!WiserDined on 4/27/2013We usually bring in a mininum of 6 people.We try to come in early to eat dinner. We've had to wave down servers and when we order,they forget half of our order. When the check comestwe have to point out to the server, we did'nt get some of the items. we ordered. They don't have enough servers in the area to get drinks let alone,take food orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow becausestuartmckenzieDined on 3/23/2013Service was very slow because there was not enough help. It was not the waiter---he was way over burdened with area to cover.
- Original Mike's is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/13/2013Original Mike's is always great. My son and I went for BBQ and play cards at the comfy large booths.Special Features:
- Original Mike's is alwaysSherVIPDined on 3/8/2013Original Mike's is always a delightful place to while away an hour at lunchtime. The portions are large, the eclectic decor is fun to see, and you'll never go wrong with any menu selection.Special Features:
- Went to see Phil Shane! AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2013Went to see Phil Shane! Awesome place to watch any sports games, catch a Phil Shane show and always a seat available -- this place is huge! The turkey burger is amazing and everyone else in my party was equally satisfied with their food choices. Fun place to catch up with friends while catching the game.Special Features:
- Had a great time watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2013Had a great time watching the super bowl there. Great seats,good food, and cold brew. Had a great time.Special Features:
- We made a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We made a reservation for 545pm knowing we had to leave by 715 for s performance at Orange County High School for the Arts. Our order was placed shortly after 6. We began asking about our order by 640 when others that had ordered after us started receiving their food. Our waitress just kept saying there were lots of people (there weren't) and did not check on our order. We asked her 3 times, never did she check on our order. Finally at 7, we found a manager and our food was immediatly brought out, however we didn't really have time to eat it and need the check at the same time. The manager appologized and said to please come back and he would take care of us. We have been here before and liked it, but time did not work out.
- ALWAYS A FUN PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2013Service was outstanding in spite of the full house! Staff very attentive, food served quickly and at the right temperature.Special Features:
- Although we had a lot of fun,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Although we had a lot of fun, the band playing that night was terrible and managed to clear the dance floor. I will make sure they are not playing when I go again.As usual, the service was not great and I always make sure to pay in cash.Special Features:
- Freezing cold and uncomfortable.RuthannVIPDined on 1/11/2013Freezing cold and uncomfortable. Food barely adequate. Certainly not the quality of most Open Table Restaurants.
- We will be back AFSCME 2076OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012fantastic service and food, great place to have group and private events at.Special Features:
- A little too loud in orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012A little too loud in order to hold a conversation....but otherwise great.Special Features:
- FUN & INEXPENSIVELovePerfectionVIPDined on 11/16/2012They were very well organized when it came to the table reservation in the bar. Very fun, lots of activity! The service was fair; too many tables and not enough servers. The wine list was aweful!!!! They cater more to the mix drinks crowd. Overall it was a fun night and prices were great!Special Features:
- Fun after the weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2012This was a small reception after our wedding at the Old County Courthouse. Our friend went ahead of time and had 4 tables set up in the bar. We sat in front of the fireplace. They put black table cloths on top and we had flowers put on each table. We had a party of 17 and I think it would have been a good idea to have someone available to serve our party. Instead the waiter was having to take care of the patio and the bar. He did get some help and worked really hard to keep the food, wine and beer coming. We had a lot of fun! Everyone enjoyed the food and over all experience. I have read that it is wild on the weekend nights, but it is super mellow and fun for lunch-afternoon parties. We would recommend it for small receptions.Special Features:
- Food was great but our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Food was great but our waitress was slow and the bartender kept making my drinks with whiskey instead of the diet coke and greygoose that had indicated but the atsmophere was great good music tooSpecial Features:
- My party of 7 had a blast!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2012My party of 7 had a blast! Stone Soul rocked the dance floor and DJ Rico kept the vibe going all night. I haven't had such a great time in the past 10 years!
- Great spot to watch a gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2012Great spot to watch a game and catch up with friends.Special Features:
- Very friendly place alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Very friendly place always makes you feel welcomed!Special Features:
- Food was good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2012Food was good, but service was less than expected. We had a party of 9, one meal never came and orders were mixed up.Special Features:
- i was totally surprised byPdotVIPDined on 4/29/2012i was totally surprised by Mikes. It was fun to be there and the food I had was delicious. i had a burger that was enormous and quite good. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Good TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2012Great time with some good friends. Staff was friendly and accommodating and food was good (classic American style menu). Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our evening atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012We enjoyed our evening at Original Mikes, service was good, as was the food. Must be a great place when the music heats up!Special Features:
- Would like to see James KingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Would like to see James King back again in the future...Special Features:
- I found the place to be muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012I found the place to be much nicer than what I expected. The food was good. The only thing I did not care for was the DJ played a lot of spanish disco. I am hispanic, but I would have liked it better if they played English music, since it is the main bar.The spanish music seems to be more fitting for a total spanish bar.Special Features:
- DissappoiningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2012We were seated in a section that was reserved for a large party so it was rather uncomforatable for us. They sat us there because we had requested a table instead of a both as my boyfriend has a rather large stomach and booths are to tight. That was the only place they had tables, even though the restaurant is very large. They should have talles elsewhere available for customers. I ordered the ribs and they were burnt and covered up with BBQ sauce. I asked for vegitables and was dissappointed when they seemed to be the frozen bag typed. My boyfriend and our other guest had hampburgers of some type. The both like the hamburgers except they asked for them to be cooked medium and the were both well done. They also got cold fries.Special Features:
- Great place to go for happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2012I went there for a happy hour retirement. Their prices were good for appetizers for 10 people. Pitchers of margarita for $15. We got $40 of appetizers(4 large trays) and, $45 margaritas (3pitchers) for 10 people and we had tons of left over food, we could have done well with just three trays. So, it's a great place to go to and not be robbed by expensive food and drinks.Special Features:
- My reservation was for 9:3oOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012My reservation was for 9:3o p.m. on a Saturday. The place was a set up like a night club with no entrance just for dining. I had to go through security to get in and luckily someone up there knew about open table otherwise I might of had a $10 cover charge. I brought my family the music was loud and was really a bar. Food was great and place looks great. I will go back during the day or for an early dinner.
- Well had a 9 pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Well had a 9 pm reservation which they were not able to provide me with a table they claimed they were booked did not attempt to accomodate other then send us to the dinner are tables which was not good since we were not able to enjoy Soto group. No tables available in that area so what was the reservation for? Totally ruined the night that was set aside to celebrate my brest friends birthday and enjoy The group Soto that she loves.
- The service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2012The service was very slow and the overhead fans kept the air too cool. There was way too much noise from the bar area.Special Features:
- Server was not very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/7/2012Server was not very attentive. Everybody enjoyed their meal, but it was not out of the originary food.Special Features:
- ROpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Had a blast and will return back very soon servicE was great lOving and bouncers. Nice if u need another person I would work thereSpecial Features:
- Original Mike's is definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Original Mike's is definitely a place to have a good time after 9pm with friends. I wouldn't recommend dinner with a big group. We had to wait for them to set up an entire table for our party of 15 because the table they set up was way in the back of the restaurant. We requested to be sat where the band would be playing.The waitress proceeded to tell us 'well the band doesn't start until 9pm...'She took some orders and others the menus were taken away so a handful of my guests didn't eat dinner.Manager did apologize for service but at that point, we were done with dinner.
- Sevice was very poor. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/14/2011Sevice was very poor. We had a large group of 18 and 3 people didn't get their lunch until 15 minutes after the others. One got the wrong order twice. Very slow to react and correct issues.
- birthday party reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011I was very impressed with the quick attention given as soon as we arrived and how fast we were seated. That great impression wore down as soon as i saw that our table was the only one that didnt have a table cloth nor a sign that said reserved like the others did. it almost seemed like they didnt have time to set it up. Following that we literally sat for 20 minutes hoping a waiter would come so we can order food and or drinks but nothing. my husband had to ask atleast 5x for service. finally after almost 45 minutes of arriving we had drinks and had placed our order for food. after that, the music and ambiance was great. we had an amazing time.Special Features:
- It was fun. Music was ok:OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011It was fun. Music was ok: Band was just ok. DJ was good. The Sports Bar ambiance was good. Beside the band being just ok, the only complaint is the price of drinks. Very expensive for that location. We did make the best of it and had a good night.Special Features: