Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh
1001 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 8773283474x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm. Bar open until 1:00 am Sunday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Huzzard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room accommodates up to a maximum of 50 guests. An elegant setting which provides the perfect location for rehearsal dinners, birthday and anniversary celebrations and business functions. Audio Visual capabilities are available as well
- Private Party Contact: Rachele Jones 4122273657x
A word from Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh
The Original Fish Market is one of Pittsburgh's premier seafood restaurants. Our restaurant features a contemporary sushi bar, an "exhibition" kitchen as well as a private dining room available for parties, business gatherings and special events. We offer an extensive wine list as well as 20 wines by the glass. We also offer great steaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014rock shrimp and sauces were tasty and food was great. wait staff excellent.Special Features:
- DickVIPDined on 8/11/2014Good food and service as always. The sushi was especially good based on the wait staff recommendationsSpecial Features:
- Great Food, need better serviceseafoodloverDined on 8/2/2014I had the halibut while other had the salmon. both were fabulous. We did bring our own wine as prices for wine in Pittsburgh are typically 2.5 to 3x markup. $15 corking fee which is a fair price. Had Richard as a waiter and he was not very good. Was celebrating a birthday and there was 6 of us and said he would bring a cake, but never received it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RawSwenseVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sushi sampler was great. Manhattan clam chowder is closer to a Louisiana gumbo - it has too much kick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable qualityNCMmmmDined on 7/15/2014When in doubt the Original Fish Market is reliable for a high quality night out. Fresh fish and a few meat items offer something for most everyone. A little pricey, but great for special occasions a treats. Sushi is pretty reasonable for lite fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in PittsburghDiDiDined on 7/12/2014Sushi great - other meals so so - a bit overpriced other than sushi - drinks expensive as well
- excellent sushiCrocadileRock2014Dined on 7/11/2014The sushi chefs at the OFM are excellent. The restaurant gets a lot of traffic, so the fish is fresh. The other entrees are a bit high because its a business crowd that is on traveling expense accounts, but the sushi is worth it. The free parking valet makes it especially nice and easy for access. We've been coming here for years and it is reliable and delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantWVDinerDined on 7/7/2014We had a fabulous dinner before a concert at Console, close to everything! Everything we ate was wonderful, especially the rock shrimp appetizer. Will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but small portionsJDMeisterVIPDined on 7/3/2014Excellent quality, but for the price expected twice as much food. Fit for a fine French restaurant which is trying to live on looks alone.Special Features:
- Service PleaseSwenseVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food here is excellent and has been each of my visits. Service this last visit begged for a lifeline. My server stopped by to ask how everything was, while clearly seeing that I had not been given any food yet. My appetizer waited about 10 minutes on the out-table for the server to retreive and bring to me, which then was brought at the same time as the sushi I ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DON'T BOTHERdontbotherDined on 5/18/2014when you go to a fish restaurant and your partner orders steak and you get lamb there must be a problem. they did not offer oysters or whole lobster. they had tails, probably frozen or pulled out of the Ohio River. the hostess was very rude, she did not have a reservation for us through Open Table as did many other people waiting for a table. The restaurant was half full when we arrived and the same when we left. the manager took us to our seat without question and only apologized.
- Expected moreseefooddietVIPDined on 5/14/2014When you order a pricy fish sandwich for lunch at a place called the Original Fish Market, what should you expect? Well, that didn't happen. I can quickly count off about a dozen local fish sandwiches that are way better, way less expensive and way more likely to see me in the future. By the way, watch out for the hostesses (yes, 3 of them) who act like teenagers.
- Not great, but okay.scooterDined on 5/10/2014One of the chefs was having a very loud argument with one of the servers in the dining room. Another server was cussing well within earshot of my young niece. No one seemed to be happy to be working here. The food was adequate but nothing special. All in all, not a pleasant experience. I doubt that I will ever go back.
- Market Coasts on its locationrayrayrayVIPDined on 5/5/2014the Fish Market could be such a great experience - the manager needs to get a clue! night one, there for drinks, after one drink, we are ignored for at least 30 min. despite our obvious attempts to flag a server - AND after being assured by a waiter that works a different section tat someone would be right with us. next day, back for lunch, cant beat the location if you are at the convention center. our server forgets my soup and brings my lunch date food that contains something that she clearly states up front that she is allergic to - oy! the food was fine, but the service really needs work
- The following 434 reviews are from the Original Fish Market - Westin Pittsburgh reviews archive.
- Great Night Outgreat3atsDined on 5/4/2014Had dinner for the Penguins game on Sunday evening. Food was great, service was outstanding. Very nice wine list. Highly recommend. A plus that the Pens beat the Rangers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner waiting for a trainMarkKVIPDined on 4/26/2014We were meeting someone at the Amtrak station, located just across the street, and decided to have dinner. This is a quality seafood restaurant located at the Westin. We had great soup and fresh seafood, deliciously prepared. Limited wine selection, but adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EasterLizzieDined on 4/20/2014We had a group of 7 for Easter dinner, and everything was perfect. My girls both had sushi, they wanted something light, I had crab cakes (could have been a bit hotter, temperature wise) that were delicious, my mom loved her shrimp, hubby loved the stuffed shrimp. Son in law enjoyed the scallops. Unique and delicious presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!michaeldDined on 4/19/2014This is a great place. The atmosphere, the food, the service were excellent. Definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK-not greatbetterBgoodVIPDined on 4/11/2014We've been here a number of times and enjoyed it--this time the food was a bit lacking. The salad had too much dressing and the crab cakes were too salty. Also, for the first time, I noticed that walking past the sushi bar on the way to our table, it smelled fishy. Wait staff here is consistently good, in our experience.Special Features:
- Good service; prompt attention;GoogieDined on 4/11/2014Good service; prompt attention; good menu, variety.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJerryDined on 4/1/2014Was very pleased with the food and service. I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi or hot seafood?BabsDined on 3/21/2014It was a difficult decision for my Japanese friend. She can not eat much at a sitting so in the end she took sashimi & grilled shrimp home. We will return anytime! Valet parking makes it easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodbetterBgoodVIPDined on 3/15/2014We've been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed it. The food is consistently good--they are not trying to be wackily cutting edge. I had swordfish that was cooked perfectly--still had the delicate consistency of fish, rather than that of meat, which is how it comes out in most restaurants. The wine list is extensive, the fish tastes fresh, the wait staff is professional--the best waiters in town. Good solid dining choice.
- surprising innovative menuluvstoeatDined on 3/1/2014We took the reservation before a show b/c other places were full, but the location was close enough to the show. The ambiance was good and we could have conversation without yelling . The wine menu expansive and varied. Most exciting was the menu - full of interesting preparations and vegie combinations. I had the chief's nightly special - pecan crusted snapper on acorn squash puree and braised or roasted brussel sprouts. Fantastic. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DinnerRoxyreviewDined on 2/28/2014Delicious food, excellent service. Restaurant was cold, but they offered to move us to a warmer location. Very enjoyable dinner, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Theater GoersOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/28/2014Park in the valet lot, and it is free with dinner > 50.00. The restaurant is roomy, not crowded, great food. I love the beet salad. Sea food is excellent.Special Features:
- A bit pricey for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Food was very good, but the service was slow. More people for a Friday night than they expected was the reasoning. No bread brought to the table. Several items took way to long to receive. Table next to ours received a visit from the waiter twice for every one that we received. Waiter seemed rushed every time he visited our table. We barely got out our order or request as he leaned toward his next destination. It got better once a few tables freed up which is the only reason that I didn't give it 1 star for service.Special Features:
- The service was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The service was very good our waiter was excellent and the management went out of their way to ensure we had a pleasant evening .one low point from our table we could hear the talking in the kitchen as the chef was asking for various foods and did not lower his voice not a big deal but we could have done without it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Market thoughtsDukieDined on 2/21/2014Excellent food with vibrant atmosphere....our personal waitress needed a lesson in hospitality/wait staff behavior. It was busy evening but she took her "smoke" or other breaks without regard to our service. No one covered in absence. When we requested to order meal first just to get it going, she said we had to order drinks first. Huh??? Restaurant gave us cut in bill due to slow service, so they clearly tried to smooth over a problem.Special Features:
- Good Classic ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2014Our food was very good and the server was attentive. Unfortunately, the kitchen seemed very backed up and our meals took a very long time. If you are not in a rush and are looking for some great seafood, check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original Fish MarketPeteDined on 2/21/2014The pecan crusted snapper was good. The swordfish loin was better, and very good. Convenient location to the theater district, very good service, good wine list, small but very good sushi bar. We always enjoy our meal here. In the hotel, so parking garage on site.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was incredible. I wishfoodaddict41Dined on 2/21/2014Food was incredible. I wish I had a larger stomach to try everything on the menu. Frm the sushi, to the salmon, to the creme brulee. Everything was cooked, prepared, and served perfectly. KudosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never anything special hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/19/2014Never anything special here but always dependable. The lobster bisque is excellent & the beer selection solid.Special Features:
- Staff was polite, but inattentive.olivebDined on 2/14/2014Staff was polite, but inattentive. We had to wait a significant amount of time after being seated to get acknowledged by the waiter and get menus, then our drinks took a long time getting to us, and our request for bread was forgotten twice. No complaints about the food.
- Fantastic food Loved everyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/7/2014Fantastic food Loved every bite of it. Chef Jason even came out to talk with us. They made my birthday very special. can't wait to go back.
- Good food, too expensive.anonDined on 1/18/2014Overall the food was very good, but you can get this quality elsewhere for slightly less money in Pittsburgh. With so many good restaurants in Pittsburgh, I'd eat here once and move on to the next. There were several yummy items on the menu, but nothing particularly unique. The desert menu was standard fare that you see everywhere else. This is a safe bet, if you want predictable.
- It was my first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014It was my first visit and I loved it. I waited for Restaurant Week to explore some downtown spots and it was well worth the wait. The restaurant called to confirm my reservation after I received my email confirmation fron Open Table. That was over kill but may be the restaurants standard proceedure. Otherwise no complaints and I will recommend the restuarant to others, especially travelers. The Original Fish Market gives Pgh a good look!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Below average hostingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Food was excellent. Waiter was good. Hostess stand and reservation policy was bad. After waiting 20 past reservation. When seated there were many open tables. Request a booth for intamcy if your on a date.Special Features:
- The Original Fish Market usedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2013The Original Fish Market used to be one of the best restaurants for creative and delicious seafood cooking and sushi within the city. I would frequent this restaurant several times a year for work functions, customer dinners, or special personal occasions. However, I did not eat at this restaurant within the last 12 months (approximately). Upon returning, I found that the menu has significantly changed, and not for the better. Menu choices have been narrowed and overall preparation and quality has declined. However, prices have remained static, if not increased. Hopefully, management would reflect on what has changed and try to recapture some of the former best practices.Special Features:
- Due to schedule, we had aneatingoutalotDined on 12/30/2013Due to schedule, we had an early dinner - it is a fairly large restaurant and my husband and I enjoyed having the area to ourselves. Imagine our surprise when the only other group dining (came in 20-30 minutes after us) was seated in the booth directly behind us. Good bye to privacy and ambience. Food was ok but not great - not good enough for the price. The service was pretty good.