Origin India Las Vegas
4480 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89169Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Origin India Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.originindiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7027346342
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Origin India Catering is an all-occasion caterer with a professional, experienced staff ready to handle all of your special event needs anywhere in Las Vegas or the neighboring areas. We not only take care of the food, but can also provide a professional service staff for corporate events, weddings, private parties, birthdays and more. We are passionate about our product and take great care in providing the very best service and exceeding the customer"s expectations for parties of any size, large or small, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
A word from Origin India Las Vegas
Origin India's dynamic menu features the city's only refined, modern Indian cuisine. The restaurant embraces the rich tradition of Indian cuisine, but creates dishes that more accurately reflect the diner's sophisticated surroundings. The restaurant offers a full bar that includes a variety of signature cocktails that combine premium spirits, fresh juices and spices that compliment the cuisine. Its wine list includes interesting choices from both the U.S. and abroad, while its beer list includes several hard-to-find imports including Piraat, Cantillion Rose de Gambrinus and St. Bernardu. Widely regarded as the best Indian food in Las Vegas, Origin India was featured on Rachael Ray's Food Network travel show "Rachael's Vacation" and was also reviewed within her print publication, Every Day with Rachael Ray. Local critical acclaim has been bestowed upon Origin India Restaurant and Bar by 944 magazine, Las Vegas CityLife, Las Vegas Life, Las Vegas Review-Journal and Las Vegas Weekly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Origin India Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good vegan Indian with ambienceMukundVIPDined on 7/23/2014Origin India is one of the few Indian restaurants which combines ambiance with good food! I recommend Origin India to one and all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely quiet place away from StripLasVegasVisitorDined on 6/25/2014Maybe busier on weekends but at 8pm on a Wednesday this place was a welcome relief from the raucousness of the Strip. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Food was very good and their special nan with bits of mango was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad service, high priceoverDined on 6/23/2014not a good place. Service is very bad. Food over priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014In a word, it is excellent. Authentic, well presented in a nice venue.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2014Recommended by a friend back east Origin India was a great dining experience with delightful food and great service. My friend that was with me is vegan and his dinner was great.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014This was some of the best Indian Food we have ever had. We were impressed with the offerings and intrigued by the many fusion options. I declared the tandoori chicken the best I have had in ANY restaurant. How they get breast meat that tender is an absolute wonder.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the Origin India Las Vegas reviews archive.
- Ordered both vegetarian andRandyDined on 3/31/2014Ordered both vegetarian and non veg. chefs menus. Presentation was adequate, but food was so-so. Shrimp over cooked, most items were just warm. Paneer was dominant in both veg. and nonveg. menus (keeping down cost), but you are paying a good price on the menu. Not sure I would return.
- We had a very enjoyable experienceJohnDined on 3/10/2014We had a very enjoyable experience and the food was very good. Wait staff were quick to respond and the experience was great.Special Features:
- Indian at it bestStellaDined on 2/9/2014Origin India's food is on a level rarely experienced in the US. There is so much to explore on the menu and is great for groups because they have such a diverse menu. There is a huge selection of vegan options, which is a rarity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Going There Every YearMidwestIndianFoodLoverDined on 1/8/2014This is an exceptional place that I found about 5 years ago. Since then I go back every time I am in Vegas. The last two trips I introduced it to my son, who now loves it. We even eat at their restaurant in the convention center. I especially like the option where you just pay one price and they bring you food with drink pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceFoodluverDined on 12/25/2013The food was good however the staff was running helter skelter. It appears nobody knew what was going on and/or staff didn't have specific duties. Phone was ringing off the hook the entire time and there was no staff to answer. Nobody was manning the front and kept customers waiting unnecessarily. Nobody was available to refill water. Even plates for Buffett ran out and customers had to complain for staff to bring more plates. I ordered wine and it took over 15 minutes to get it. Either the restaurant needs to hire more staff or they need to manage their efficiency better.Special Features:
- Great food, beautiful settingBeckardDined on 11/29/2013The food here was quite good. As an Indian food novice, I had never eaten samosas before, and the samosas here were so good! The food is a little bit more expensive than some other places, though I think the difference is justified. I will definitely be back, and I'm very glad Origin India is in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Crowd of 8 for a birthdayattybondDined on 10/27/2013Crowd of 8 for a birthday dinner. Staff was helpful and accommodating in all respects. Food well-prepared, appropriately spiced, presented well, and delicious. Variety of vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free. Good selection of fish dishes. Wine list/bar adequate We will make it a point to go to Origin IndiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitWcatinLVDined on 9/6/2013We each had a different dish and shared the food. The garlic naan bread was excellent. The waiter made recommendations to us. Great service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSydroosterDined on 8/10/2013If you want a nice quite place that can serve a drink prior to dinner, you have to come to Origin India. Of course you have to love Indian food. The food was outstanding and we enjoyed the time at the bar too. The service could not have been better. The manager (I think he was the manager) was helpful with everything and answered all our question. We will certainly go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting MenuSoulBabyDined on 7/14/2013The staff was very friendly and attentive. The ambiance was cozy, small, relatively quite, and romantic light setting for dinner. Both of us ordered the tasting menu. One vegitarian and one non-vegitarian. The appitizers were very delicious both the vegitarian and non-vegitarian. Though we thought the shrimp was a little on the fishy side (so I would caution against ordering seafood here). We found the meat dishes here were lighter and tasted much better than the vegitarian options we had. The tasting menu was a lot of food and one order was enough for 2 people. We had too much food left over, and were not able to keep it because our hotel did not have refrigerators.Special Features:
- Changement du staff début 2013DarnDined on 6/29/2013En comparaison à l'excellente adresse qu'était l'Origin India en Juillet 2012, le changement des équipes en cuisine et en salle fait perdre tout son intérêt à cette adresse. On n'y mange plus qu'une "cuisine" d'assemblage, franchement décevant.
- Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013The food was clean, tasted reasonable. The meat dishes were well prepared but not notable. The naan was very good-freshly made. The pulses-dals were better. The selection could be better. I had the buffet on a weekday.Special Features:
- Great Experience and Tasting MenuFamishedtravelerVIPDined on 6/7/2013This was a great find. It's off the strip, across from Hard Rock in a strip mall. Don't let that turn you off. It means you don't have to pay a lot for good food. In fact, they actually have tasting menus that work the way they are supposed to--- you get to try a little of almost everything on the menu and it's under $60-- unheard of in Vegas! Plenty of a la carte items also and it seems they have a buffet for lunch but didn't try it. Service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2013I have dinned at this place more than a dozen times and have always found the food and service to a very high standard. keep it up Origin India.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amy husband and I always visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/23/2013amy husband and I always visit Origin when we go to Vegas; it is a welcome respite from the strip resturants. We htink the food is excellent, but we are not Indian food experts, so that's why I didn't give it 5 stars for food. The staff is always helpful and polite. Its relativley quiet (no slots) and we always go there when we come to town. Also, reasonably priced, across from the Hard Rock so easy for cabs to find too.
- Great service staff...ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013Great service staff...our waiter provided us with excellent advice regarding our selections.Special Features:
- The service was a bit slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013The service was a bit slow, but the food was excellent. I prefer Mint Bistro slightly (which also has a larger menu), but Origin India is a close second. I also used a groupon to save 50% off the tab which is always nice.Special Features:
- If the food hadn't been soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2013If the food hadn't been so fantastic, I probably wouldn't return due to the lackluster and, what seemed to be, slightly dishonest service.Special Features:
- The food was incredible asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013The food was incredible as well as the service... and a great menu. I will be back with friends and family.Special Features:
- terrific Indian food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013terrific Indian food and service. We come here whenever we visit Las Vegas from Phoenix, where we find the Indian restaurants to be mediocre.Special Features:
- Stopped here late one nightAshleyDined on 1/26/2013Stopped here late one night after a movie with a friend. For such a tasty spot, it was really empty! Granted it was 10pm but it was a saturday night. The food was great. Very authentic. The naan was so tasty! The service was attentive and helpful. Great spot for vegetarians and vegans. Definitely want to try the lunch buffet. I hear it's pretty good.Special Features:
- the food was very good; ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/23/2013the food was very good; our waiter was super helpful in guiding us to the foods we like (we are relatively new to Indian food). The restaurant is close to the strip, so convenient for travelers. It was very quiet with soft lighting and that was a delightful change from the 'strip' atmosphere. We will definitely go back when I am in town again
- DisappointingVegasDined on 1/19/2013Server was not very friendly rather impatient. Was looking for something not spicey for my wife and told the server to make sure it was not spicey and it was. I had the lamb chops which seemed like it was precooked and just reheated, not good at all, quality of meat was not very good. The stuffed mushroom app was tasty and the bread and pea side dish we got. Manager seemed nice and it did have a nice ambiance.
- I love Indian food and wasLEMitchellVIPDined on 1/13/2013I love Indian food and was not expecting to find such a wonderful restaurant in Las Vegas. An article about the new executive chef led us to it on our recent trip to LV. The food was inventive and beautifully prepared and the service exceptional. We tried the tandoori lamb rib chops, the multi-lentil dal, and the broccoli in a sauce with gee, cream, coriander, and other spices, accompanied by pulau rice. All were superb, in particular the lamb and the dal. The broccoli was delicious, but the amount of gee in it was a little overwhelming: the sauce was a bit broken and the fat tended to separate from the rest of the sauce, which was a little off-putting once the dish cooled. A lovely meal nonetheless!Special Features:
- Went here twice within theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2013Went here twice within the week, with two different groups. Food and service were excellent both times. The poached pear in particular is a stunning treat not to be missed.Special Features:
- Two of us were in Las VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013Two of us were in Las Vegas for CES and needed a break from the hustle and bustle of the show and strip. Origin India provided fantastic food, a great environment and hospitable service. The restaurant was quite busy but we were treated very well indeed. The food was of impeccable preparation, presentation and taste. An epicurean experience to be recommended.Special Features:
- Great Indian Food not theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2012Great Indian Food not the usual more gourmet. Went with friends who were there for first time and the waiter was very helpful in our picking of dishes. He hit it on the head every time.Special Features:
- MY FIRST TIME EATING INDIANOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2012MY FIRST TIME EATING INDIAN FOOD, AND I'M A FAN.THIS PLACE WAS VERY GOOD WE STOPPED IN BEFORE GOING TO A CONCERT AND WE LOVED IT. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, WAITER WAS VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL.Special Features:
- This was for the lunch/brunchMLComptonVIPDined on 10/29/2012This was for the lunch/brunch buffet. It was very good, but dinner at this restaurant is excellent.Special Features:
- Food very good but expensive,Jean007Dined on 9/5/2012Food very good but expensive, very noise and do'not go if commerce chamber have a meeting.....your evening is finish.....go for a take out.... ciao JeanSpecial Features:
- Indian beyond my expectations!QuirkyDined on 4/12/2012I am a huge fan of Indian food. I have eaten at some of the top rated Indian restaurants in NYC and London. Origins is now at the top of my list. There were three of us and we each ordered something different. Each dishes flavors were so unique. Lamb, chicken and fish were each done perfectly. The fish melted in your mouth. The lamb was succulent and the chicken divine. Our waiter, Abel, provided us with superb service and recommendations. The next time I am back in Las Vegas I am going here the first night so that I can go the second night too. It is that good.Special Features:
- The server provides littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012The server provides little Indian dessert with candle on it for my boyfriend's birthday responding to my candle request. Very niceSpecial Features:
- Vegas hot spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012We had a group of 7 & we all enjoyed Origin India very much! Food & ambiance. We definitely we be dining there again.Special Features:
- There were only two otherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2012There were only two other parties at dinner when my date and I arrived, so I expected a more efficient experience. The appetiser and entrees were good, not great. We had to ask for Nan bread, more than once. It is a beautiful restaurant and there are private areas for large groups, but I was less than impressed by the level of service.Special Features: