Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
2444 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orientalwok.com/
- Phone: (513) 871-6888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Guy Burgess
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A fantastic dinner party your guests will savor. Oriental Wok full service catering serves unique Asian cuisine.
A word from Oriental Wok - Cincinnati
Since 1977, The Wong family has been the city's favorite dining choice for Chinese cuisine. Visit Oriental Wok and discover a delicious dining experience. Elegant upscale dining room is perfect for entertaining visitors and indulging friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Oriental Wok - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)romantic (11)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always freshDjlecVIPDined on 11/7/2014The Oriental Wok has an extensive menu with daily specials. I am a frequent diner and am always pleased by how fresh the food tastes. Vegetables taste like they came straight from the garden. Service is friendly and professional, and they make a fabulous martini at one of the best prices in town.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood location!KendyDined on 11/5/2014The Oriental Wok a family owned and high quality restaurant that we are fortunate is located in the Regency Building, one of only a few restaurants in the area. The owners are very welcoming, good staff and excellent-speedy service. With a good menu and nice ambiance, it is a great restaurant option. Thanks!Special Features:
- Loved this place.2long2waitVIPDined on 11/1/2014Pleasantly surprised to find this neighborhood Jem in Hyde Park. Got seated right away and the food was great. Not that expensive. People were nice. We will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Insider Secret ORIENTAL WOKComancheTechDined on 10/7/2014While I've found quite a few truly good restaurants in the greater Cincinnati area on business trips in the past few years, the real litmus test for me is whether I feel myself "missing" a particular one after I return home to Philadelphia. Oriental Wok is definitely one I wish I had the ability to transplant back here, as I'd no doubt have dinner there once a month... The menu includes all of your old favorites (although you'll have a new appreciation for how tasty an egg roll, spring roll, won ton soup, etc. can actually be!) as well as a creative variety of authentic regional Chinese specialties like Cantonese Lobster Tails (which are amazing!). Service is outstanding and atmosphere sets a wonderful mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chinese in the RegencyOnesarVIPDined on 10/3/2014Everyone who works here is very kind and friendly. Usually the service is decent, but this night it seemed rather slow. The shrimp toast is consistently good, as is the egg roll. The lettuce wraps also looked to be a decent portion and was well received. Our entrees were nothing special.Special Features:
- Best night out bin a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had 8 friends gathering for great company and great food. We hit the jackpot. Gregory our waiter the best ever! We were check on throughout the night to make sure everything was going well. We met the owners. Great neighborhood secret!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a good mealHmmmDined on 9/13/2014We went for dinner, the overall experience was great. Our server was very good and the staff around her did a great job. Also, the steamed bun were outstanding.Special Features:
- A step aboveTablefanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Oriental Wok is the place to go for a great food experience! Unfortnately for the restaurant they are a hidden secret. In all of our dining experiences we have NEVER been disappointed with the food quality and our service. There are seafood specials and a wide variety of menu items to select. The Wong Family should be congratulated for bringing their restaurant to Cincinnati and more Open Table diners should treat themselves to this experience.Special Features:
- Very nice and very elegant.cookster50Dined on 8/9/2014I would recommend the Oriental Wok for small groups. The environment is fairly quiet and conversation was easy to do. The setting is in the Regencey Tower and must be popular with residents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried a different approachBevansDined on 8/2/2014Instead of ordering off of the menu, we asked the hostess to choose some dishes for our group of four. So we had a Chinese feast, everything being not only tasty but fresh too. Almost nothing was totally familiar - something that would probably scare the pants off of many - but this surprise package method had so many advantages that I wouldn't hesitate trying it again. By the way, this was the idea of one of our group not the hostess or waiter, though we had all eaten there quite often and were pretty confident that we'd be happy and content at checkout time. Excellent service and very reasonable prices to go along with the great dishes too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerSteveDined on 7/27/2014We decided to go out at last minute and were able to get a reservation. As usual, the food and service were great. Its our favorite Oriental restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Oriental Wok - Cincinnati reviews archive.
- Nice meal provided to small party.StarlilyDined on 7/22/2014Food overall good but would have enjoyed more vegetables and possibly another entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent oriental food and servicepaulistallDined on 6/18/2014We were very pleased with the quick service and excellent Chinese dishes we ordered. We will definitely come back soon,.Special Features:
- FIRST VISIT A GEMSIGMANVIPDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I very much enjoyed the food, wait staff, and ambience. We'll definitely make future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oriental Wok Hyde ParkRockafellaVIPDined on 5/24/2014We love the atmosphere, very fancy, great service, good bar mixed drinks +wine +beer. Bring a sweater, sometimes it is very chilly, especially by the windows. Restaurant was very quiet, only two other tables with customers, yet we had to wait to be seated. We have eaten here many times since it opened, and can judge the food quality over the years. It is disappointing that some dishes do have the ingredients that are listed on the menu, such as the Lo Mein stated it had mushrooms +snow pea pods. Mine just had 7 slices of celery, not even one of the menu ingredients. I told our waitress, she said she'd tell the manager but no one came over. The Moo Goo Gy Pan was excellent as was the Orange Chicken. She gave us after dinner cordials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2014We had always heard good things about this restaurant, so when we received a gift certificate we were excited to use it. Overall, it was a good experience, but not great. And that seems to be theme for the whole night except for the service. Our waiter, wish I remembered his name, was fantastic. Their "premium" cocktails were pretty mediocre at best. The table had the Tanqueray and tonic, Agave Margarita, Ginger Mojito, and Mai Tai. All of them seemed like they were made with cheap knockoffs - we don't even think the Tanqueray was right. The food overall was pretty good, but there were some complaints about blandness. Overall, it was good, but with the vibrant food scene in Cincinnati now, I don't think we'll be back.
- Mother's Day GemForestHillsGenoDined on 5/11/2014Great Chinese food, service and we love the decor and ambience. A good place for birthdays, anniversaries, or Saturday evenings or any special occasion. A step above most Chinese restaurants in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cincinnati gem!MinchicinDined on 5/11/2014I can't believe it took me a few years to discover this place. Lots of time lost frequenting mediocre restaurants in Cincinnati. This is truly one of the best restaurants in Cincinnati. Expertly prepared cuisine with always something special in store. The owners and service staff are the most attentive in town. My wife and I always finish here talking about what we will have the next time we come. The most consistently delicious food in Cincinnati, and a quality of service that always makes us feeling like we are the only guests in the restaurant. I will continue to take my family and clients here alike.Special Features:
- enjoyFritzDined on 5/10/2014We always enjoy visiting food great owners wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Consistently Pleasantwanney11Dined on 4/26/2014We have enjoyed Oriental Wok on a number of visits to the area from our home in Toledo. We love the food quality, ambience and great staff friendliness. A home away from home with better food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything greatSpookyLadyDined on 4/24/2014Oriental Wok never fails for terrific service, food etc. Its a great choice for lunch or dinner when you have to get downtown in a hurry. Plus they pay great attention to little details that matter.Special Features:
- Fresh!NatalieVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our first time dining here. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection! I highly recommend the wok fried Tilapia -- like butter in the mouth! So tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad they are near!KendyDined on 3/25/2014Oriental Wok is a delicious and accommodating restaurant. Very good service ( helpful especially when I am in a rush!). Also the take-out menu is excellent. Great people and food. .Special Features:
- Oriental Wok CincinnatiRockafellaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Great welcoming Chinese restaurant. Will make food as you like it. Decorated very nicely, great service, the portions are getting a bit smaller than they used to be would rather have a smaller portion of whole scallops than sliced in half scallops and whole pea pods instead of sliced pea pods. Still like to dine here, but miss how the food used to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden spotbslackeyDined on 3/19/2014This was my first dining experience at the Oriental Wok on Madison. I didn't realize it was there in the Regency. It is truly a hidden treasure with great food, reasonable prices, wonderful service, and a beautiful, quiet booth. My friend and I never felt rushed. We really enjoyed the whole evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a quiet, lovely evening without spending tons of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the food very much....IdivaDined on 3/9/2014I enjoyed the food very much....I bring friends first change I get....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been going to Oriental WokDisappointedVIPDined on 3/7/2014Been going to Oriental Wok for 25 years and never disappointed. Mike Wong and family always provide a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!BETTIDined on 2/15/2014Wonderful food and service in a relaxing and attractive setting. Schezuan eggplant was superb as were the noodle dishes and fried rice. Service was 5 stars!Special Features:
- Bland food, forgettable experienceMXFoodieDined on 1/31/2014Where to start?! Ok, eventhough our party had a reservation, we had to wait 20min for a table. We went to the bar and the hard-to-ruin Margaritas were tasteless. When we finally sat at our table, we had to wait for menus for another 15min. The food was bland and dishes from Sweet & Souer Chicken to Pad Thai tasted like they were made with the same seasonings. We tried the house signature drink, and it tasted like fruit punch... without a punch! The ambiance was very taciturn - from the staff to the patrons. Definatelly a forgettable experience at best, and at worse a place that feels more like a Bingo hall than a place to enjoy good Chinese cuisine.Special Features:
- Very slow serviceFreqBtrmkPkWokDined on 1/8/2014Party of 3 on a Wednesday at 5:30 (Business very light). Food was great, but waiter was gone a lot and didn't stop by to see if we wanted another beverage/refill. Food took 25 minutes from ordering and sat for 20 minutes from time we finished food until we could get check. Maybe I am use to service at Oriental Wok on Buttermilk Pike. Buttermilk Pike is GREAT and enjoyable to eat at. Mike's daughter was very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NewYearsRegularDined on 12/31/2013I had a very enjoyable New Year's Eve dinner. My waiter, Beau, was great!! I had great service and the food was wonderful. I will be back again next New Year's Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional HospitalityPepsiJennDined on 12/18/2013We started the night welcomed like family, ended the night feeling like royalty! Great service, incredible food, an overall perfect place for any day of the week, and any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chinese Fine DiningGarryJDined on 12/15/2013The Oriental Wok scores on all factors: 1. Great food, a complete menu, with lots of good choices. Even if you only like chinese cuisine a little, you should try it. 2. Friendly, attentive, knowledgable service. 3. Lovely decor. Dining room is roomy, and the noise level is low enough to make conversation easy. 4. Management always comes by and checks on the diners. Prices are reasonable. There is valet parking which is complimentary. It is on the first floor of the Regency apartments. It not hard to find, but don't expect to see a standalone building. Just head for the building lobby, the restaurant is right next to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceCincyguyDined on 12/7/2013Great place for authentic Chinese food. Service was excellent. Food could have been hotter - some was and some was not probably because it was all served together and a couple of the dishes were sitting under heating lamps which don't really keep the food got. Nevertheless, it all was quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening as alwaysLovetodineoutDined on 11/30/2013We come here often; love the food, atmosphere and service! One of our family's favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good chinese foodOnesarVIPDined on 11/19/2013you know what you are going to get when coming here. good service and consistent food.Special Features:
- Fresh, Fresh, Fresh!JeffTheFoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2013I find that most Chinese "restaurants" these days aren't even restaurants - they're "buffets" where the food is pre-made and sits in a pan under a heat lamp, for hours. Gross. But I'm happy to report that every dish I've ever had at Oriental Wok has been fresh and made to order (try the wok-fried Tilapia!) Even something as simple as pork fried rice is made fresh upon order. Such a difference! Mr. Wong's daughter, Susannah often takes the time to personally greet us, check on us, and make us feel welcome. Once you've had the 'Oriental Wok treatment', you won't want to go anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!WMackeyDined on 11/9/2013Our dinner was awesome! Celebrated two birthdays and they treated us with ice cream and after dinner chambord drinks. The food was delicious as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oriental Wok Hyde ParkRockafellaVIPDined on 11/9/2013Fantastic food, atmosphere, service! Food made as you like it, great menu. They make you feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and authenicSteveDined on 11/1/2013Its nice to find a restaurant with fresh, original and authenytic oriental cusine. The service is prompt and pleasant, the ambiance is comfortable and food always goodSpecial Features: