Ore House - Durango
147 E. College Drive
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ore House - Durango
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orehouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9702475707x1
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southwest, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ryan Lowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Rehearsal Dinners, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Engagement Parties and Company Parties, are all special occasions that deserve the proper party. We look forward to workng with you to create an incredible event for you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Lowe 9702475707x103
- Entertainment: Exhibition kitchen and bar!
- Special Events: Large party? Small Party? Special Occasion? Business? Let us know how we can help!
A word from Ore House - Durango
Established in 1972, the Ore House is Durango's oldest and finest restaurant. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ore House - Durango - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ore House - Durango reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (28)notable wine list (22)good for groups (15)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love it!cowgirlDined on 10/24/2014We eat out every Friday, and pick The Ore House quite often, as it's one of our favorite restaurants. The petite filet mignon is outstanding, as is the Cordon Bleu.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food was amazing and there was great service! It was in good timing and tasted vet good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak, Great ServiceMaximillian00VIPDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant really lived up to the positive reviews on OpenTable. I had a delicious NY Strip that cut like butter. Before the steak, I was brought some fresh baked cornbread with bacon butter! Yes, bacon butter! What a delicious decision they made to make bacon butter to go with the cornbread! I also had a loaded baked potato that included green chili. If you haven't tried this before, you simply must. The food is pricey but worth it. There are some less expensive items as well for the budget conscious. Service was outstanding. My glass was never empty and the entire staff worked together to ensure that all guests were when care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Quality and ServicequalityfoodloversDined on 10/17/2014All of the menu items are extremely well thought out. The food is rich and decadent. Pretty much can't go wrong with anything you order. Cooked to perfection. The service is 5 star! A must for fine dining in Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O.H. is our Anniversary traditionKiltyDined on 10/17/2014We come to Durango once a year and the Ore House is our favorite restaurant. It can get a little noisy, but the great food and wonderful service more than make up for it. See you next October for next Anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2.5 Star RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014My New York strip steak was rubbery,under cooked and did not taste like aged meat furthermore like a 28 day dry age. Meat was tender but with no flavor. My wife had a Rib Eye steak that was very lean and looked/tasted like sirloin. Asked for ice water and received tepid instead with no ice. Waiter asked at the end of our meal if everything was okay which was too late. Menu online had Halibut fish however the restaurant menu it was not available. The waiter stated, it is out of season for Halibut. Our Dinner tab with tax and tip was just shy $280.00 I would not recommend this restaurant to family and friends due to their poor quality of meat and minimal service. It is at best a 2.5 star restaurant and expensive to say the least.
- Good but very expensivePatADined on 10/12/2014You are charged for each item separately which runs the bill up very fast. I would much rather have a salad vegetables and the main course all inclusive. What we ordered was very good but not worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We struck gold at the Ore HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Food was remarkable. I am a retired chef and former restaurant owner as well as a member of the Big Island of Hawaii Chefs d'Cuisine Association. My Delmonico steak was a prime grade cut and was cooked to perfection; it needed no seasoning at all. The cornbread and bacon butter was an excellent bread offering and the e the tea scented creme brulees were finely done. The bar service was creative and highly impressive; my cherrywood smoked Manhattan was tops. Pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- my mistakeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014When we arrived there there was no res. For us. Even though I had received a confirmation. They apologized and seated us as soon as was possible. We are traveling and I had the wrong date. SORRY!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMphillDined on 10/6/2014super service and the best steaks in Durango !! Nice wine list. A little on the noisy side when full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FergDined on 10/3/2014We had a fabulous meal. One of the best we've had ever!!! Definitely recommend the Ore House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Excellent steaks, stingy side dishes and dessert was barely a bite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014Good food is really hard to find in Durango, we very rarely go out to eat because most of the time it's disappointing. The food at Ore house was quite good, I was surprised. From the outside I thought it was one of those old school steak houses with a salad bar., upon further reading on their website this was a truth. We had the calamari and it was a little over cooked and nothing spectacular, the calamari at East by Southwest is WAY better. We then moved onto the mixed grill, that was really good. The salad selection was also good. The wine wasn't bad, we are from wine country in California and are hard to please on this subject. Desserts were good but don't ger the truffles, they were not good and very small.Special Features:
- Never again.BoreddinerDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at many Durango restaurants. This was my first and last time at the ore house. Two people $160.00 for Cracker Barrel service and quality. They should consider using some of the money they steal from their patrons to upgrade the decor. Never Again!
- Great food!TexasFoodGirlDined on 9/26/2014Loved the food and our server. The honey lemon salad dressing was amazing-not too sweet. Our steaks were perfectly cooked and high on our list of best steaks. Even though we had a reservation, we had to wait about 25 minutes for a table and then they sat us at a huge round one. Everything else was fabulous, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!smf64Dined on 9/21/2014Amazing food ... exceptional service ... and because it was Sunday, all their bottles of wine were "half price"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We ate there twice during our week in Durango. The first time was perfect. The second night we were dining with friends we had not seen in many years. A group of five inebriated young men were seated beside us and that was the end of our nice evening. They were loud and obnoxious and disrupted all the diners around them. They should have been served in the bar or turned away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRICnoKDined on 9/8/2014We shared the best Chateaubriand steak that we have ever eaten. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newmexdonDined on 9/7/2014Food and service were very good. Read reviews and decided to dine here. Both of us had steaks, cooked to perfection. Prices on the high side but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014I don't even eat meat and I had one of the best dining experiences that I have ever had here. The service was perfect, the atmosphere loud but fun, and the food amazing. My husband had a ribeye, which he said was excellent. I had the ahi tuna, which they cooked the way I like (which chefs consider over-cooked). We have eaten at most of the restaurants in Durango and there are many that we love. This was our first meal at Ore House and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- grtfoodgyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very good food and service. The Waiter was highly service oriented. +Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks !phxgalVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal, and a fine Birthday celebration! The service is excellent, and the steaks were perfectly done! Really enjoyed our evening, and they made the Birthday celebration very special.Special Features:
- Best meal I've had in a long timeZonaDined on 8/30/2014I had been to the Ore House once before and wasn't impressed but my boyfriend really wanted to go. I was blown away by our meal and two days later we are still talking about it. We had the mixed grilled appetizer, I had the ahai tuna and he had the surf, surf and turf. His was by far the best and we will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!MaggieDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely delicious! We love the Ore House. We always leave completely satisfied. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The meal was delicious and the ambience lovely. Reservations highly recommended since the restaurant is small and very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Ore House in DurangoMarnieDined on 8/28/2014My petite filet mignon was delicious; the green salad was wonderful also as well as the side of mushrooms. Even better, they honored my birthday with the appropriate discount.Special Features:
- A friend recomends itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014It was just above average. We met a nice couple who used to live near usSpecial Features:
- Succulent DiningDiningOut2NiteDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I always make it a point to visit the Ore House every time we are in Durango (we are from Albuquerque NM). We have never been disappointed with the food or the service. Although we would suggest making reservations prior to your arrival as it can get quite busy at times and the wait list quite long. As for the food, every meal has been a festival for the taste-buds. We order the ribeye steaks and find that they are cooked to perfection along with the wonderful side dishes the Ore House has to offer. Don't forget to try the bacon-butter with your corn-bread.Special Features:
- ore houseMGPHAASVIPDined on 8/22/2014Had a great dinner ordered king crab legs which were delicious but a little over priced , however the steak was great and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Crablegs!DancinLadyDined on 8/22/2014The king crab legs were very good, generous portion. Chocolate dessert excellent combo of rich fudge and light mousse! My guests were very happy with the steak. Service was a little slow and too noisy but it was Fri. night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly service.cowgirlDined on 8/22/2014Always good food and wonderful service. The petite filet and the chicken cordon bleu are our favorites.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulMikeDined on 8/18/2014Service staff is excellent and well trained. Food is always consistent and what you would expect for the price. We visit a couple of times a year and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ore house experienceMrCampagDined on 8/15/2014I visit the Ore house each year looking forward to the good food and great menu, however this year I was disappointed. The menu has changed and the food not as good as my previous experiences, so much so I will be trying other restaurants in Durango which is a shame as I always looked forward to my visitSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner in DurangoTDDCDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed a great dinner including a perfectly prepared filet. The mini corn muffins were a hit and the bacon butter was something unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever!bliss42Dined on 8/7/2014The Ore House was highly recommended by a friend, and it did not disappoint. Best steak ever! The food and service were great. The atmosphere was also so welcoming. My family will definitely come back on our next visit to Durango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choiceGogotravelerDined on 8/1/2014A friend from Texas recommended Ore House. It was everything he told us.....great steak and superb creme brûlée....and more. We also loved the mojitos, shrimp & crab claw appetizer, and tiramisu. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioussssssssssssssssssssssssssssavy103Dined on 7/30/2014it was very goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cook slightly off.CO14erDined on 7/26/2014Have been going here for 30+ years. The new menu is excellent. Had the surf & surf & turf. Ordered beef medium-rare, one cut was medium and one cut was medium-rare. Minor mixup Chef! The meal was excellent and service great. Go early as this popular restaurant fills up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beckyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Just the right spot... wild west meets wildly good grilled steaks... great bartender!Special Features:
- Great food. Expensive wine list.OnceInAwhileDinerDined on 7/25/2014Had friends in town from Iowa wanting great steaks. Ore House delivered, albeit at steep prices. Food, service, and ambiance were all first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.