Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Orange County Mining Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orangecountyminingco.com/
- Phone: 7149977411
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Horacio Barragan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With two banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Orange County Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Aderholdt 7149977411
A word from Orange County Mining Co.
Orange County Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Orange County Mining Co. - Best Restaurants in Orange ›
Orange County Mining Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)special occasion (64)romantic (46)good for groups (39)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (23)kid-friendly (21)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service and atmosphere was wonderful for a date night. I went to Orange Mining for homecoming and it was great. Other than our meat being undercooked the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Crab on the filet was very disappointing. Tasted like the frozen stuff from Albertsons and there was only a tiny bit of it. Glad I got the Bernaise on the side b/c I didn't care for the taste (powder made?). Filet was good. Ribs were big, good flavor but not a ton of meat for the size. Service very good. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightMish9007Dined on 10/14/2014We took our highschool daughters there for the first time. They loved it. The only negative thing is the hostess put us right next to a baby & toddler that were constantly crying & being loud. When we sat down I didn't notice until our drinks came. They were so loud & parents were very rude. They never did anything to settle them down or take them out. The hostess should know not to put them in the middle of the restaurant when we had dinner reservation at 7:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantlsmithVIPDined on 10/10/2014I hadn't been here in years and so glad we went back - I forgot how rustic and cute it was and the view is amazing, we saw Disneyland fireworks from our window table. The food was amazing - best salad bar I have seen in years. Waiters were great and we had a fabulous time. We will be back definitely.Special Features:
- Nice view but thats about itDiningfor4Dined on 10/9/2014Being new to OC, I had heard quite a bit about Orange County Mining Co. I felt it was a bit expensive for how run down it is and the food wasnt 'that' great. The service was fine but nothing spectacular. I probably wouldnt return.Special Features:
- Service was TerribleEricVIPDined on 10/6/2014From taking almost 25 minutes to get our first drink order back to wrong items on the plate, it seemed like nothing was working correctly.
- mrslattetorresDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I went to have dinner to celebrate our Anniversary and were completely happy. It was his first time eating there and he loved it. We were seated immediately for our 8:15 pm reservation. The food was delicious and soup and salad bar was great! Our seats were just as I requested when I made our reservation by a window to have a great view that complimented our romantic dinner. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family. Our server was very helpful in explaining where the salad bar was located and also in offering your specials for the night. It was great that the server knew based on my reservation that it was an anniversary celebration and brought us a cute little ice cream sundae. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The menu change was nice for me, my wife on the other hand came only for the tortellini alfrdo which has been taken off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner 4 a great anniversaryYungisaacDined on 10/3/2014The staff was very accommodating, they made sure that my fiancé and I had a great anniversary by providing the best service! Kyle our server was very attentive and polite! We really enjoyed our dinner and we will definitely come back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great2ofusnothappyDined on 10/3/2014the lettuce in the salad bar was quite brown as were the carrots so that was disappointing. My prime rib was awesome how ever my husbands trout wasn't great, it was dry and not very flavorful. The ambiance was great, service was great but not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Awesome ViewJosephDined on 9/28/2014Me and my wife celebrated our anniversary at this great place. I first brought her here 10 years ago. It was at night and got a nice spot with great view of Orange county. The food is really good. This last week we had brunch breakfast, Salads, Fruit, Menudo... never thought I see Menudo, life saver jeje. Great service I would recommend it to all of Orange county to visit the Mining Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!!Skye72981Dined on 9/25/2014I must admit that the real reason to eat at this restaurant is the view. The food was nothing over the top spectacular, I could go to any steakhouse and get the same thing. The view, however, was amazing. The restaurant sits on top of a hillside so you get a really beautiful view of the city. I went at night so the lights looked great, daytime I'm sure is a different scene. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to dine at a place they may not have in their own hometown, I was visiting I am not a local.Special Features:
- Yummy ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The view was incredible and the ribs were not too fatty, but fall off the bone meaty goodness :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be updatedCrostiniTheClownDined on 9/22/2014For such a great view, this place needs to ditch the kitsch and grow up. Server was not knowledgeable on cuts of beef and fudged a picky kids order (although she did recover well and brought out a corrected order very quickly). I get the feeling that this restaurant is in it's final throes.Special Features:
- BFF Belated Bday BrunchSoCalJoyDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant literally lives up to it's name....MINING CO. It's EXTREMELY casual & the panoramic views ...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! The table couldn't get enough crab legs inside of them that some of us even wore it home in our hair...LOL!!! While the prime rib & other entrees in their buffet were delectable, make sure you leave room for the dessert bar that includes a chocolate fondue fountain. I'll be back JUST for that next time! Service was etremely well-timed and friendly. The mimosas were constantly flowing, an overall BEAUTIFUL afternoon.Special Features:
- Great WaiterGoodstuffDined on 9/21/2014Food was plentiful, drinks were great, service terrific. I recommend this restaurant for families.Special Features:
- Love Love Love!!!CaraGioDined on 9/20/2014We came here for our anniversary and had a spectacular time. The service that we recieved from the entire staff was amazing, from the bartender, to our server Brian, and even the general manager stopped by our table to make sure that everything was wonderful. The food was to die for.. if I could eat here everyday I would! Brian even put a candle in our hot fudge sundae to help us celebrate.Special Features:
- Used to be better but still okRodnAnaheimDined on 9/19/2014The bar ran out of fresh mint so no mojitos. Asked for margarita with no salt and got salt. Ordered salmon with butter sauce on the side and the sauce was put on top of the salmon. Small things, yes; but shows no attention to detail. Have had much better experience there in the past. The one nice highlight was the friendly young guy who valet parked. Best employee of the lot.Special Features:
- Great night spotOmmyDined on 9/18/2014Had a great time here. The food was plentiful and the view was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okSofiaDined on 9/18/2014I was so disappointed with the food. I ordered the macadamia nut mahi mahi but I didn't like it. There's this taste that made my tongue itchy. And I let my husband taste it and he tasted the same thing. The deep fried calamari was ok too. $10 for 6 breaded calamari. Too expensive and it's not even that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happy with this restaurantAmberDined on 9/15/2014We came to the restaurant because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The dinner was amazing, as was the salad bar. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy bread!!!mageemcarlos1Dined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious! Prime Rib was tender, salad bar was great and the cheese bread is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant I had not been to in 14 years - because I do not live there. But if I did - I would frequent this often! Awesome food - awesome service - awesome cocktails!Special Features:
- Mining Co. downgradeDisappointedDined on 8/31/2014Disappointed with the service and food at Mining Co. This time. What used to be a good menu is now a 1 page cheap print. The food was not as good as it has been in the past. My girlfriend had to send her steak back twice and they STILL did not get it as well done as she wants it The Salad bar was still goodSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnersuzanneDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and noted that in our reservation but it was not acknowledged. We were cramped at our table. The food was good and we enjoyed the salad barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!MimiLorenDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful view and delicious food... Would definitely recommend for any special occasion or if you just want to get out and feel a little fancy.Special Features:
- Great View!!WagsDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy dining here. We took out-of-town company and they were mighty impressed with the view. Food is always good, with plenty of variety on the salad bar. Kids' menu has great choices. Wine list is suitable (matching the food choices). The fish special sounded good, although I always get steak. No complaints; our waitress and support staff were really nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YoAbeDined on 8/25/2014I love the feel of this place – comfortable dining room with a spectacular view. The OC Mining Company has the best Salad Bar ever, it's a meal in itself. We went for the Prime Rib for two special and the Prime Rib was amazing. The service was great with a friendly wait staff. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- great food terrible serviceOCPUMPKINDined on 8/24/2014My best friend and I brunch every Sunday. We have a few places in rotation, and when I realized OCMC had a champagne brunch I was sold, because their food is always delicious. We went this Sunday and we left conflicted; the view & the food were great, but it was easily the worst service ever. Champagne brunch should include copious amounts of champagne, but my glass was empty for 45 minutes, because our server was MIA. When i finally complained and asked for a new server, someone came to fill our glasses, but then the same server we complained about took over & resumed ignoring us. Charging $150 for brunch for 4 when we couldn't order drinks or Eggs Benedict (made to order) because our server was ignoring us is unconscionable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch reviewwjg01Dined on 8/24/2014Always enjoy brunch here. They have a great varieties of dishes to chose from. The service was a bit slow this time.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very well prepared, and the portions were generous. Wonderful views of Orange County. I tried the coconut shrimp, which was really delicious!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed my lobster and filet combo. Salad and soup bar are always a plus. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great experienceShelleybellyDined on 8/10/2014The view is remarkable and the food is delicious. One gets a lot of food for the money. The staff is friendly and accommodating. This was a great Resturant and I enjoyed my 30th bday. Oh and that cheesey bread... Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view good serviceolddudeDined on 8/8/2014I made an online reservation for 7:30 pm. My party arrived 15 minutes early and was promptly seated in a booth with a great view. Our waitress was attentive, courteous and knowledgeable about the menu. The salad bar was fresh and plentiful. Quite good. I had a bowl of clam chowder and it was bland, thick and seemed more like potato chowder. I ordered prime rib (medium rare). It was tough and lacked flavor. Others in my party ordered mahi mahi and salmon and thought it to be quite good. We all had garlic mashed potatoes and felt it was starchy and lacked garlic flavor. It needed salt. Overall the view was great and service was good. The salad bar was great. The food was hit and miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic dinnerYumminessDined on 8/7/2014This was a great restaurant, with great food and an incredible view! We would definitely come back again, by ourselves or with a group of people. The service was very good and the food was good too. Everything was pretty perfect except my filet was a little over cooked to medium when I ordered it medium-rare. The salad bar was excellent, with more than enough choices for a great salad. It was very clean and well tended to. We were very happy with everything from this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited menuParamanDined on 8/5/2014The menu provides very choices and our meals were not very good. Not going backSpecial Features:
- Amazing scenery, food, and serviceLove2bsurprisedDined on 7/31/2014I thought Orange Mining Company was a more friendly environment and better good than Orange Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetdineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014We really like the Orang mining Co. Great views, great salad bar and the cheese bread is to die for! A little on the pricey side- my 11 yr. son and I ate for 89.00. Unfortunately you cannot see the beautiful view of OC unless you go once the sun has set. In any case we love this local gem and will return again and again. The Soup/salad bar is really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value Worth the DriveCC60VIPDined on 7/27/2014A drive inland along Chapman Ave brought us two visitors to this worthwhile restaurant. Whereas a salad bar is hard to find nowadays, Orange County Mining Co. perched on a hilltop offers a delicious soup/salad bar that accompanies each and every entree ordered, or is great to have on its own. We enjoyed generous portions and a beautiful sunset view from high above the city of Orange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SproutDined on 7/26/2014Everything went smooth. Went to celebrate our daughter and her husbands 2nd year anniversary and we all had a wonderful time. The waitress was very attentive. Food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.