Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Orange County Mining Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orangecountyminingco.com/
- Phone: 7149977411
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Horacio Barragan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With two banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Orange County Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Aderholdt 7149977411
A word from Orange County Mining Co.
Orange County Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Orange County Mining Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (86)special occasion (51)romantic (35)good for groups (29)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (4)Show More
- very happy with this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We came to the restaurant because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The dinner was amazing, as was the salad bar. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy bread!!!mageemcarlos1Dined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious! Prime Rib was tender, salad bar was great and the cheese bread is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant I had not been to in 14 years - because I do not live there. But if I did - I would frequent this often! Awesome food - awesome service - awesome cocktails!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnersuzanneDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and noted that in our reservation but it was not acknowledged. We were cramped at our table. The food was good and we enjoyed the salad barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!MimiLorenDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful view and delicious food... Would definitely recommend for any special occasion or if you just want to get out and feel a little fancy.Special Features:
- Great View!!WagsDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy dining here. We took out-of-town company and they were mighty impressed with the view. Food is always good, with plenty of variety on the salad bar. Kids' menu has great choices. Wine list is suitable (matching the food choices). The fish special sounded good, although I always get steak. No complaints; our waitress and support staff were really nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YoAbeDined on 8/25/2014I love the feel of this place – comfortable dining room with a spectacular view. The OC Mining Company has the best Salad Bar ever, it's a meal in itself. We went for the Prime Rib for two special and the Prime Rib was amazing. The service was great with a friendly wait staff. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- great food terrible serviceOCPUMPKINDined on 8/24/2014My best friend and I brunch every Sunday. We have a few places in rotation, and when I realized OCMC had a champagne brunch I was sold, because their food is always delicious. We went this Sunday and we left conflicted; the view & the food were great, but it was easily the worst service ever. Champagne brunch should include copious amounts of champagne, but my glass was empty for 45 minutes, because our server was MIA. When i finally complained and asked for a new server, someone came to fill our glasses, but then the same server we complained about took over & resumed ignoring us. Charging $150 for brunch for 4 when we couldn't order drinks or Eggs Benedict (made to order) because our server was ignoring us is unconscionable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch reviewwjg01Dined on 8/24/2014Always enjoy brunch here. They have a great varieties of dishes to chose from. The service was a bit slow this time.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was very well prepared, and the portions were generous. Wonderful views of Orange County. I tried the coconut shrimp, which was really delicious!Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed my lobster and filet combo. Salad and soup bar are always a plus. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great experienceShelleybellyDined on 8/10/2014The view is remarkable and the food is delicious. One gets a lot of food for the money. The staff is friendly and accommodating. This was a great Resturant and I enjoyed my 30th bday. Oh and that cheesey bread... Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view good serviceolddudeDined on 8/8/2014I made an online reservation for 7:30 pm. My party arrived 15 minutes early and was promptly seated in a booth with a great view. Our waitress was attentive, courteous and knowledgeable about the menu. The salad bar was fresh and plentiful. Quite good. I had a bowl of clam chowder and it was bland, thick and seemed more like potato chowder. I ordered prime rib (medium rare). It was tough and lacked flavor. Others in my party ordered mahi mahi and salmon and thought it to be quite good. We all had garlic mashed potatoes and felt it was starchy and lacked garlic flavor. It needed salt. Overall the view was great and service was good. The salad bar was great. The food was hit and miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic dinnerYumminessDined on 8/7/2014This was a great restaurant, with great food and an incredible view! We would definitely come back again, by ourselves or with a group of people. The service was very good and the food was good too. Everything was pretty perfect except my filet was a little over cooked to medium when I ordered it medium-rare. The salad bar was excellent, with more than enough choices for a great salad. It was very clean and well tended to. We were very happy with everything from this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited menuParamanDined on 8/5/2014The menu provides very choices and our meals were not very good. Not going backSpecial Features:
- Amazing scenery, food, and serviceLove2bsurprisedDined on 7/31/2014I thought Orange Mining Company was a more friendly environment and better good than Orange Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovetdineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014We really like the Orang mining Co. Great views, great salad bar and the cheese bread is to die for! A little on the pricey side- my 11 yr. son and I ate for 89.00. Unfortunately you cannot see the beautiful view of OC unless you go once the sun has set. In any case we love this local gem and will return again and again. The Soup/salad bar is really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value Worth the DriveCC60Dined on 7/27/2014A drive inland along Chapman Ave brought us two visitors to this worthwhile restaurant. Whereas a salad bar is hard to find nowadays, Orange County Mining Co. perched on a hilltop offers a delicious soup/salad bar that accompanies each and every entree ordered, or is great to have on its own. We enjoyed generous portions and a beautiful sunset view from high above the city of Orange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SproutDined on 7/26/2014Everything went smooth. Went to celebrate our daughter and her husbands 2nd year anniversary and we all had a wonderful time. The waitress was very attentive. Food was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We had a really nice time celebrating our anniversary at the place we were married at one year ago. Staff was friendly and food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OC Mining Co Rocks My SocksJeskaDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary here. It was everything we had hoped it would be. I would definitely recommend OC Mining Co!Special Features:
- Bday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014My friends and I had a good time. Food was good and the champagne was awesome! Service was great. Servers came around several times to ask how we were doing and to refill our glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view and waitercaryDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant has great view, the attentive waiter is polite and helpful. food is good.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I went here for an anniversary and it was very nice. The service was great and the food came fast. Their soup and salad bar was great. We made a 7:30 reservation and got to eat right through the 8:00 sun set. We then went to the patio and hung around for the 9:30 Disneyland fireworks. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backWeBbackDined on 7/6/2014Good salad / soup bar. Very good service. Liked the view. We had the fish and steak. Very good. Loved your bread. We'll be back. Thank you. Kirk LymanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok.KadieDined on 7/6/2014The food for Sunday Brunch was ok. It's brunch, so you get some good items, and some not so great. $28, but if you show up before 10am, you get $5 off, which isn't so bad. But I didn't like that they don't have medium rare for the roast beef. But the view is beautiful. I guess if you put the food and the view together, $23 (before 10am) is a good deal. Ohh, they do have crab legs and shrimps too. But they're kind of small. I probably won't be back. But if I do, it'll be for the view. ;-)Special Features:
- BANDIT00711Dined on 7/3/2014Service has absolutely horrendous, with the server basically ignoring us the entire evening and at the end totally screwing up our bill (couldn't correctly calculate the bill taking into account a discount coupon we had). When she finally brought us the check she returned a seeming eternity later and took away only the credit card, leaving the bill tab in the leather folder. Still can't figure out what that was about. When I pointed out that that the original bill was virtually impossible to figure out (it had two different totals), she disappeared and had to be hunted down. Server became completely flustered in trying to give us a bill that correctly factored in our discount coupon. Never had a bad experience here before this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great taste Very small portionsstethescoperDined on 6/29/2014I had the shrimp and scallops of which I got two shrimps and two scallops. My meal was over in less then five minutes. My wife ordered the salmon of which she had to get a side order of mashed potatoes in order to make the meal satisfying. Last time I was here was over ten years ago, and it was great. Things have certainly changed.Special Features:
- Need to Invest in a better menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The view will not keep people coming if the food is bad. Our group of 5 took over 30 minutes to order due to the limited options on the menu and most of the food was fried. Not many healthy options. The salad bar was Sizzler quality with Cheescake Factory prices. Once we did order we were not impressed by the taste at all. We loved the view but unfortunatly that is not enough to bring us back. Especially when just up the road at Orange Hill I can get the same great view with superior food and ambiance. I look forward to hearing about a change in the menu at Orange County Mining Company.Special Features:
- TisgoodDined on 6/24/2014The food is good. There is plenty off it and it was tasty. They have the best salad bar in OC. We were not rushed. They are concerned about peop[e with disabilities. They give them the assistance needed without it embarrassing the disabled personSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Execllent serviceDateDined on 6/24/2014Execllent service & Food was prepared perfectly.............................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Ask For BetterThumperluverDined on 6/20/2014We went there to celebrate 2 birthdays! Our server, Stacy, was the epitome of kind, friendly, helpful and professional. I hope we get her again when we go back. Food was good; good selection; awesome salad bar and soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewdineoutqueenDined on 6/17/2014View was great but the food needs improve ment.The trout was overcooked and the ribs had no flavour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic with delicious foodChuckEDined on 6/16/2014You pay for what you get here. The service is good and the food is, too. The view from the hilltop is beautiful with a great look at the sunset. Go early for ease of parking as the lot fills up later on weekends and special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The Sameluv2EDined on 6/15/2014Has changed alot since 2001. Our server wasn't aiming to please. We request sauce on side for ribs, never got them.we order desserts as individual dishes, my cookie came with my husband ice cream. The food is bland, steak had no flavor , halibut was dry . Service at the table lacks, server didn't follow through with requests.Special Features:
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014We dined at OCMC for my daughters high school graduation dinner. It was great!! The food was delicious, the view was amazing, the staff was very attentive. We will be back for sure :)Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner MenuBigGlassFridayFamilyDined on 6/8/2014Food was excellent, choices were plentiful,service was exceptional. Did a reservation online, asked if available, could we have window seating as it was our anniversary and we thought the view would be nice. Table was ready on time, choice seating, salad bar was fresh with lots of choices, Includes soup. We had lobster and prime rib, melted in our mouths. Server was attentive and friendly. Restaurant was clean. My only complaint would be in the entry to the restaurant which you had to go down a flight of stairs to access the restaurant. They do have handicap access though if you need it. Other than that we enjoyed it totally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great immersive experience!CaFamilyDiningOutDined on 6/7/2014The Orange County Mining Company brings together a unique location with a great view together with a theme park-like theme for a fun meal experience. We came to celebrate a birthday and got what we wanted. This was not an over-the-top birthday singing place - we are beyond that now. However, it was still special. The soup and salad bar is well stocked, fresh, and has something for everyone. Keeping a cold water bottle on the table at all times is a great touch! The meals were all excellent and we shared a couple of desserts between 4 of us with plenty of food and desserts to take home. Our server was attentive without being pushy. I look forward to returning to try out the brunch sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOnesiphorusDined on 6/6/2014It was my our first time dining here. No special occasion. Just wanted to surprise the wife. She was happy and smiled a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No musicOCMCfanDined on 5/31/2014Ive been here in the past and have always enjoyed it. However, there used to be live music in the bar. It was nice to eat dinner and then listen to some music and dance. The past 2 times I have been there, the bar was dead, no one in there. In the past, with live music, the bar was always full and people were having a good time. You could make a nite of it. Now, you have to leave after dinner and go elsewhere for entertainment. It would be nice if there was some music for after dinner....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.