Orange County Mining Co.
10000 Crawford Canyon Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Orange County Mining Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.orangecountyminingco.com/
- Phone: (714) 997-7411
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Horacio Barragan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With two banquet rooms hosting both large parties and private ceremonies, Orange County Mining Company offers the flexibility in event space to help you plan an incredible event. The panorama view, day or night, is an unmatched backdrop for any special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Angela Aderholdt 7149977411
A word from Orange County Mining Co.
Orange County Mining Company provides our guests with a rustic, casual, and relaxing, American steakhouse and saloon experience. Quality meats, poultry and seafood. Hearty soups, fresh produce and rich desserts. Eclectic wines, classic, and new classic cocktails. Allow yourself to relax and enjoy as you soak in the incredible view of the world from up here. You’ll be better for it…our promise!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Orange County Mining Co. - Best Restaurants in Orange ›
Orange County Mining Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)special occasion (70)romantic (57)good for groups (45)great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (25)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (18)late-night find (13)great for lunch (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- THE NUMBER ONE TRADITIONAL RESTAURANT AROUND!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014WE HAVE BE COMING HERE FOR OVER 30 YEARS! THIS IS OUR NUMBER ONE PLACE FOR CELEBRATIONS OF ALL OCCASIONS! ITS LIKE A PART OF OUR FAMILY,AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN! THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PLACE THAT EVEN COMPARES TO THE OC MINING COMPANY! ALL OF OUR SERVERS WERE AWESOME,AND THAT'S ONE OF THE THINGS MY MOM USE TO LOVE WAS THE CHAMPAGNE JUST KEEPS ON FLOWING,AND NOT TO MENTION THE GREAT BRUNCH VENUE THAT HAS ALWAYS BROUGHT US BACK TIME AND TIME AGAIN! MY MOM IS NO LONGER WITH US,HOWEVER,JUST A NOTE,SHE SPENT HER LAST BIRTHDAY THERE 3 1/2 YEARS AGO LOVING THE TASTY RIBS AT THE BUFFET! AND IT WAS HER THAT INTRODUCED US TO THE ORANGE COUNTY MINING COMPANY MANY, MANY, YEARS AGO,AND WE WILL ALWAYS GO THERE IN HER HONOR! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Views of OCDutchpupDined on 11/23/2014Went for Sunday brunch and the view of OC is amazing. Our waiter was NOT friendly or on par. We constantly had to ask for refills of our drinks and to remove plates the sad part is that we were only party of 4. I think for the $30 person brunch would be better. It was not as good as other times I have been there. The salmon had a very fishy taste to it. I'm not sure after this experience that I would go back.Special Features:
- GreatRalpho777Dined on 11/16/2014Great place for brunch! Would recommend to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautifulDined on 11/12/2014The view of Orange County is amazing! We watched the Disneyland fireworks as we are. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014The food was fairthought the portions were very small for the price and with the idea this was a "mining camp" this seems more ironic. I was very surprise that a restaurant, that caters to a higher level of diner, would feel the need to suggest a tip amount. When I got the check I glanced at the total and sent it and my credit card to pay. It is fairly dark in there and had not scrutinize the bill, I only looked at the number at the bottom. When the charge slip came I was ready to add a reasonable tip but, did notice a number on it about 20% less than I thought the bill was be. I think this is assumptive on the part of the restaurant, there were only two of us. I live about 200 yards away and will probably never go there again
- relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014had reservations at 5:15, arrived early and had a wonderful relaxing time in the bar, sipping a great margarita. Had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantlove2danceDined on 11/8/2014Went to this restaurant to celebrate my anniversary and it was my first time there. I was satisfied with the food and service (both great!). Parking is small, but you can valet your car for $4.00 which is cheap!. I will definitely go back and try other things on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomercoggleDined on 11/2/2014I have been coming to this restaurant for a few years and really love there Salad/Soup Bar which is included with the major entree's. The food is very good and comes hot from the kitchen. Service is exceptional. View very good.Special Features:
- We LOVE this place!!!!!ourspecialplaceDined on 11/1/2014Where else can you have an AMAZING meal and an incredible view!!!! We got to watch the sun set, WOW!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheripDined on 10/31/2014We are never disappointed at the mining company, the service and the food are both spot on, it's our favorite casual dining spot!Special Features:
- i was expecting a bit more.NewportCoastFoodLoverDined on 10/28/2014The view was nice, but food, service and overall ambience are just ok. I had a high expectation which probably set it up to fail. But, I wss really hoping the food was better. Shrimps and scallops were pricy but it wad a bad dish. Prime rib wss good. You should stay with meats here.Special Features:
- Just OKdumbdumbDined on 10/28/2014Went for a birthday. As usual there was nothing wrong but nothing that stands out either. You go here for the view not the food.Special Features:
- DisappointingTwelve08Dined on 10/26/2014Have been going to the OC Mining Company restaurant for years, and it seems like it is on a downward trend. How can a restaurant ruin prime rib and also a baked potato ($5 extra which was undercooked). Miss the former items such as the "Glory Hole" on the menu. Even though this has been a favorite for special occasions, we think that we'll probably be choosing someplace else for our birthday/anniversary. The one highlight is the great view at sunset. They can't ruin that, right?Special Features:
- AmazingPastorDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 2nd year anniversary here and we were very pleased with the service. I recommend the prime rib with rice pilaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous View!HeisenbergDined on 10/22/2014Quiet restaurant with good food and of course the amazing view overlooking Orange County. Staff was polite and courteous. Definitely will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NataDined on 10/18/2014The service and atmosphere was wonderful for a date night. I went to Orange Mining for homecoming and it was great. Other than our meat being undercooked the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent...Bsun171Dined on 10/18/2014Crab on the filet was very disappointing. Tasted like the frozen stuff from Albertsons and there was only a tiny bit of it. Glad I got the Bernaise on the side b/c I didn't care for the taste (powder made?). Filet was good. Ribs were big, good flavor but not a ton of meat for the size. Service very good. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family nightMish9007Dined on 10/14/2014We took our highschool daughters there for the first time. They loved it. The only negative thing is the hostess put us right next to a baby & toddler that were constantly crying & being loud. When we sat down I didn't notice until our drinks came. They were so loud & parents were very rude. They never did anything to settle them down or take them out. The hostess should know not to put them in the middle of the restaurant when we had dinner reservation at 7:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantlsmithVIPDined on 10/10/2014I hadn't been here in years and so glad we went back - I forgot how rustic and cute it was and the view is amazing, we saw Disneyland fireworks from our window table. The food was amazing - best salad bar I have seen in years. Waiters were great and we had a fabulous time. We will be back definitely.Special Features:
- Nice view but thats about itDiningfor4Dined on 10/9/2014Being new to OC, I had heard quite a bit about Orange County Mining Co. I felt it was a bit expensive for how run down it is and the food wasnt 'that' great. The service was fine but nothing spectacular. I probably wouldnt return.Special Features:
- Service was TerribleEricVIPDined on 10/6/2014From taking almost 25 minutes to get our first drink order back to wrong items on the plate, it seemed like nothing was working correctly.
- mrslattetorresDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I went to have dinner to celebrate our Anniversary and were completely happy. It was his first time eating there and he loved it. We were seated immediately for our 8:15 pm reservation. The food was delicious and soup and salad bar was great! Our seats were just as I requested when I made our reservation by a window to have a great view that complimented our romantic dinner. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and family. Our server was very helpful in explaining where the salad bar was located and also in offering your specials for the night. It was great that the server knew based on my reservation that it was an anniversary celebration and brought us a cute little ice cream sundae. We had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The menu change was nice for me, my wife on the other hand came only for the tortellini alfrdo which has been taken off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner 4 a great anniversaryYungisaacDined on 10/3/2014The staff was very accommodating, they made sure that my fiancé and I had a great anniversary by providing the best service! Kyle our server was very attentive and polite! We really enjoyed our dinner and we will definitely come back! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great2ofusnothappyDined on 10/3/2014the lettuce in the salad bar was quite brown as were the carrots so that was disappointing. My prime rib was awesome how ever my husbands trout wasn't great, it was dry and not very flavorful. The ambiance was great, service was great but not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Awesome ViewJosephDined on 9/28/2014Me and my wife celebrated our anniversary at this great place. I first brought her here 10 years ago. It was at night and got a nice spot with great view of Orange county. The food is really good. This last week we had brunch breakfast, Salads, Fruit, Menudo... never thought I see Menudo, life saver jeje. Great service I would recommend it to all of Orange county to visit the Mining Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!!Skye72981Dined on 9/25/2014I must admit that the real reason to eat at this restaurant is the view. The food was nothing over the top spectacular, I could go to any steakhouse and get the same thing. The view, however, was amazing. The restaurant sits on top of a hillside so you get a really beautiful view of the city. I went at night so the lights looked great, daytime I'm sure is a different scene. I would recommend this to anyone that wants to dine at a place they may not have in their own hometown, I was visiting I am not a local.Special Features:
- Yummy ribsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The view was incredible and the ribs were not too fatty, but fall off the bone meaty goodness :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be updatedCrostiniTheClownDined on 9/22/2014For such a great view, this place needs to ditch the kitsch and grow up. Server was not knowledgeable on cuts of beef and fudged a picky kids order (although she did recover well and brought out a corrected order very quickly). I get the feeling that this restaurant is in it's final throes.Special Features:
- BFF Belated Bday BrunchSoCalJoyDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant literally lives up to it's name....MINING CO. It's EXTREMELY casual & the panoramic views ...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! The table couldn't get enough crab legs inside of them that some of us even wore it home in our hair...LOL!!! While the prime rib & other entrees in their buffet were delectable, make sure you leave room for the dessert bar that includes a chocolate fondue fountain. I'll be back JUST for that next time! Service was etremely well-timed and friendly. The mimosas were constantly flowing, an overall BEAUTIFUL afternoon.Special Features:
- Great WaiterGoodstuffDined on 9/21/2014Food was plentiful, drinks were great, service terrific. I recommend this restaurant for families.Special Features:
- Love Love Love!!!CaraGioDined on 9/20/2014We came here for our anniversary and had a spectacular time. The service that we recieved from the entire staff was amazing, from the bartender, to our server Brian, and even the general manager stopped by our table to make sure that everything was wonderful. The food was to die for.. if I could eat here everyday I would! Brian even put a candle in our hot fudge sundae to help us celebrate.Special Features:
- Used to be better but still okRodnAnaheimDined on 9/19/2014The bar ran out of fresh mint so no mojitos. Asked for margarita with no salt and got salt. Ordered salmon with butter sauce on the side and the sauce was put on top of the salmon. Small things, yes; but shows no attention to detail. Have had much better experience there in the past. The one nice highlight was the friendly young guy who valet parked. Best employee of the lot.Special Features:
- Great night spotOmmyDined on 9/18/2014Had a great time here. The food was plentiful and the view was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okSofiaDined on 9/18/2014I was so disappointed with the food. I ordered the macadamia nut mahi mahi but I didn't like it. There's this taste that made my tongue itchy. And I let my husband taste it and he tasted the same thing. The deep fried calamari was ok too. $10 for 6 breaded calamari. Too expensive and it's not even that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very happy with this restaurantAmberDined on 9/15/2014We came to the restaurant because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The dinner was amazing, as was the salad bar. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy bread!!!mageemcarlos1Dined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious! Prime Rib was tender, salad bar was great and the cheese bread is to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant I had not been to in 14 years - because I do not live there. But if I did - I would frequent this often! Awesome food - awesome service - awesome cocktails!Special Features:
- Mining Co. downgradeDisappointedDined on 8/31/2014Disappointed with the service and food at Mining Co. This time. What used to be a good menu is now a 1 page cheap print. The food was not as good as it has been in the past. My girlfriend had to send her steak back twice and they STILL did not get it as well done as she wants it The Salad bar was still goodSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnersuzanneDined on 8/30/2014We went to celebrate my birthday and noted that in our reservation but it was not acknowledged. We were cramped at our table. The food was good and we enjoyed the salad barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.