2350 Corporate Circle, 2nd Floor
Henderson, NV 89074Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opustoo.com/
- Phone: (702) 992-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Opus Too
Opus Too, the student-run dining room at The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of Las Vegas is a unique restaurant with an incredible view of the Las Vegas strip that features equally exciting global cuisine. Everything served at Opus Too is prepared by senior level culinary arts students under the supervision of a professional chef and dining room instructors. Your support of our students' learning environment is appreciated and we are certain that your experience will excite, delight and satisfy you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Opus Too reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great experience, food amazing & presentation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I would recommend this establishment to other family members, friends, & chefs!! Great experience!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find- Off the beaten track in Vegas.AnneDined on 11/12/2014Chef Claude explained to us that the students are given the menu but not the recipes. They created a wonderful lunch. I had potato soup, trout and cobbler for dessert. The service was excellent. Chef Claude chose the wine for us and gave us a little lesson in choosing wines. Get an earlier reservation so they aren't rushed. They end their class at 1:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gr8foodDined on 11/5/2014Opus too is has a nice atmosphere without being pricey. Limited menu but the food has always been outstanding. The cobbler dessert this week was absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend going there for a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceMimiDined on 10/21/2014We were so pleasantly surprised to have lunch at Opus Too. From the moment we arrived, we felt great attention to our comfort. The wait staff was excellent and friendly. Our glasses and cups were filled promptly and often. The meal itself was superb. We have never had better in any of our dining experiences in town and that includes some of the finest restaurants here. The chocolate snowball was so delicious and beautiful. I have shown it to several people who may come just for the dessert!!Special Features:
- Opus Toorj23Dined on 10/15/2014Food has always been very good. If you engage with the students they will discuss their career paths and job future. Great place for lunch, prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014outstanding culinary cusine thanks to the teaching Chef Claude for year after year of high standardsSpecial Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Great experience overall. Can't beat the price. Keep in mind this is a learning environment as you are being hosted/served by students. We enjoyed the meal and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken MarsalaJoanDined on 9/16/2014We ordered chicken Marsala which took an extraordinary long time only to find out they ran out of chicken cutlets or thighs so they made it using chicken wings. We received 2 wings each. If they came to us and told us before they started making it with chicken wings we would have ordered something else. Besides that, the food was good with excellent service and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely A GemmelathomeDined on 9/10/2014So enjoyed the visit. 2nd time visit for me. Great to see the caliber of student UNLV is preparing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on a budgetScienceguyDined on 9/10/2014Since this is a culinary school, you are dining in their classroom (as we were told). The service was good and the food was quite good - this is a great experience without being too pretentious, and the price is very budget-conscious. All in all, a fun, off-the-beaten-path experience in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- WonderfulvegashokeyDined on 9/3/2014As always food was perfectly delicious and I try to get a second helping.Special Features:
- The following 98 reviews are from the Opus Too reviews archive.
- Nice SurprisebomiankangDined on 6/4/2014Opus Too is a local gem. It's a proving ground for local chefs-in-training, located on the second floor of the Arts Institute. The space is small but well-appointed. Food is eclectic restaurant quality at a very reasonable price. Service is attentive. I recommend Opus Too for anyone interested in a quiet, intimate venue with good food, and the chance to help new chefs become the next great ones.Special Features:
- Nice staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Everyone was anxious to please. Appreciated the chef's attention. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Awesomegr8foodDined on 5/7/2014Feels like you are in an upscale restaurant for a great price. Food and staff were awesome. Will definitely recommend it and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Find!LVmaniacDined on 4/24/2014I had a Las Vegas vacation coming up and went online to find any secret places that locals like to frequent in LV. Opus II was one of these places. I have to say that after my initial impression, it was a wonderful experience. Going to eat at a culinary school is not tops on many people's list when visiting Las Vegas but I am so happy that we did. The food was amazing, service fantastic, and once inside the restaurant you forget your inside a culinary school. I will be going back every time I visit Sin City just to bring a little class to my sinful trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!DeliciousDined on 3/11/2014This was delicious and would definitely do it again! Well worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game onCongelinaDined on 3/11/2014The service and food are spotty since culinary students are involved, but that is a given when you book here. You are asked to give feedback after every meal. We have gone for a lunch a few times a year for several years, and 3/12/14 was the best ever! The student service was very attentive and well-trained, plus charming and eager to please. Our party required some special dietary considerations which were handled beautifully. The food was very attractively prepared. Each plate was a picture. The student chef who prepared our dessert came out to tell us how it was done. All in all, a wonderful experience, worthy of a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enthusiastic StudentsDaveinAZDined on 3/5/2014Student staff practicing their skills under the supervision of instructors. Food head well prepared and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!ChrisMDined on 3/4/2014I brought a small group of colleagues with me for lunch at Opus Too. They thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and overall experience. Several of them plan to return on their own in the future. This is a true gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014We booked a table for 4 and everything was absolutely great. The food was cooked excellent and could not have been any better. The service was a bit awkward and they did misplace 2 drinks, and then again 2 meals...not a big issue...they are students. This meal was worth twice as much as we paid. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus Too is ClassyLVDragonrollDined on 2/20/2014My friend and I had a wonderful time at Opus Too. The food was delicious and it looked marvelous. My friend and I were impressed, we can't wait to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love coming here to dea.vegashokeyDined on 1/30/2014I love coming here to dea. The food is always excellent and I enjoy talking with the servers.Special Features:
- 1-28-14happyDined on 1/28/2014The staff greeted us and everyone was courteous. We knew that it was a training environment for the staff and enjoyed seeing their interactions with the customers, the Chef, and each other. The choice of entrees and dessert were outstanding. It is nice to have the ambience of a five-star restaurant. We enjoy the smaller meal portions and the thoughtful presentation that goes into each course. The only negative comment I can make is that the croutons were a little hard for me to chew but they had a good flavor. The price in terms of value is great. Too bad it is not open 12 months of the year. I'm looking forward to taking a small group to dine there for lunch in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food fit for frugal.Not2fatfoodieDined on 1/28/2014This is the restaurant for the Art Institute's culinary school. The students were capable hosts and very good cooks. The 3 course lunch was about $11 per person without wine or tax or gratuities. There was a choice of 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 2 desserts. The assortment of mushrooms with garlic was excellent. The tomatoes with polenta was good. The roasted chicken was good and the beef rigatoni was only fair. The 2 desserts, a beignets type dish with jam was very good and the coffee and chocolate gelato was excellent. There was a moderate wine selection. Limited hours of 11:30-12:30 on T,W, and Th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedJan92014Dined on 1/9/2014I made an on line reservation for lunch for Jane 9 2014, thru opentables web site, and it was confermed. On Jan 8th I received a reminder e-email from Open Tables web sit for our Lunch reservation. My wife and I arrived on time on the 9th Jan. To find the dining area vacant, one of the employees told us that everyone was still out on holiday brake, and would not reopen for another 10 days. My wife and I were really disapointed to say the least, after driving 25 miles one way for lunch. And today I get this e-mail from opentable asking me to rate our dining experience. ..?... Is it possibe to fix this problem with your web site so this doesn't happen again. Regards Al.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stop in VegasJoshStewDined on 12/3/2013We heard about Opus Too randomly just before our trip to Las Vegas and decided to give it a try. It was simply amazing. This was our favorite meal on vacation. The food was delicious and the service was good, all for a ridiculous value. I've been raving about it ever since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deal in the Valley!AnnieDined on 11/14/2013I discovered this gem when I accompanied my niece to a college day at the Art Institute of LV, where the restaurant is located. All of the services are performed by students as part of their education. We couldn't have been happier with the friendly service, and the food was wonderful. They even made accomodations for my vegetarian diet. You can't beat the price, quality, or service for a gourmet, 3-course meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value! Great Experience!FoodieinLasVegasDined on 10/23/2013Whenever I want to treat someone to lunch to show my appreciation or for some special occasion I go to Opus Too! They always feel pampered and leave feeling like I have shared a secret Hidden Gem in the middle of Green Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specialty diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013This is a very lovely place to have lunch or dinner when offered. The students at the Culinary Arts program are well trained and create a very sophisticated atmosphere. Claude is doing a fabulous job with these young women and men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Student chefsFoodie4realDined on 8/7/2013Cooking school dining is a wonderful way to try different things. These students did a great job running the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love having lunchfun2eatDined on 7/18/2013We always love having lunch here, as the setting is very relaxing and the staff is always cordial. In addition, the food is excellent and the prices are so reasonable. Upon our last visit, we all ordered a pork dish that was fabulous! Dining here is certainly a pleasurable event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Difference a Few Weeks MakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2013I had lunch here a few weeks ago and the food and service were not what they normally are, which normally is excellent. I had lunch a few days ago and the chef paid attention to my previous comments. Much better! Thanks for taking comments seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Setting for a Great CauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013Enjoyed the dining room, great setting for any meal and a great cause.Special Features:
- would go again and again...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013I love Opus Too! such a great experience for a great price.Special Features:
- No attention paid to the detailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013This was a special occassion (celebrating a birthday), and I was embarressed by quality of food. I've been to Opus Too a number of times but this is the first time the food was not good, or up to par of previous visits. The problems were: tough pork ribs, fatty ribs, and too much vinigar on pork ribs, there was very little meat on the bone and it was difficult to eat. Plantain(sp) was hard and dry. Chicken was tough on the outside. My out of town guests and I observed we were referred to as "you guys" by servers. Not professional. Simple courtesties should be taught first day of class.Special Features:
- The students are learningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2013The students are learning all aspects of the businessSpecial Features:
- Beyond our expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2013This was a wonderful experience. The students are to be commended. We will certainly return when the opportunity presents itself.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2013The food and service were quite good and I enjoyed the experience. My sole complaint is that I couldn't use my Open Table check for payment. The manager informed me he'd seen them before but wasn't allowed to accept them. If I may suggest, mentioning this in the description of the facility would be appreciated.
- Great place for lunch! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013Great place for lunch! We will come often when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Opus Too: Low Price CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2013Opus Too is great overall, and an amazing value. We have enjoyed several wonderful meals there over the past few years. Don't come in in a big hurry because despite its location in a business park it's not about having a quick lunch in under 40 minutes during a 1-hour lunch break. It's about enjoying three courses of excellent food, and enjoying conversation with your lunch companions. Expect that the food will be better than the service, since the waitstaff are actually chefs in training that are simply learning about the front of house.Special Features: