37 Prince Arthur Ave.
Toronto, ON M5R 1B2Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.opusrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4169213105
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Drinks are served until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Jason Cox
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Opus Restaurant
Since 1992, Opus Restaurant on Prince Arthur has been providing one of Toronto’s most exquisite fine dining experiences. Located on a gracious, tree-lined Victorian street in the heart of Toronto’s exclusive Yorkville, Opus is also just steps away from the luxurious Four Seasons, Park Hyatt hotel, Hotel Intercontinental, the ROM, and the high-end fashion houses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Opus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Yorkville ›
Opus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (22)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Classy, Quaint, DeliciousGsRatingDined on 9/19/2014This is the place to go when you want a quiet dinner with your wife. We found the service and atmosphere warm, courteous, friendly, and sincere. The food was great and filling...not so fancy that you get a tiny serving. The atmosphere was quiet, but alive with patrons of small parties who appeared to have been there before or were there celebrating a special occasion. It is not a huge place, so the fifteen or so takes give it an intimate feeling, but there's also a separate room for larger parties who brought the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything blew us away!DMelDined on 9/12/2014Oysters are a must try! Had the veal tenderloine with ghocchi and the lamb as mains. Apps were oysters and the yellow tail sushi i believe it was called. Dessert was the apple crumble. Servers were prompt and very friendly. Great place for fine dining! 5* easily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLUEAUDIGUYblueaudiguyDined on 8/10/2014Food, service and ambiance was first class. Recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Special Occasion SpotDeliciousDined on 7/31/2014Lovely ambiance, excellent service, amazing wine cellar! If you're looking for a place that is not Scaramouche for a special dinner...this is the place for you! Perfect portions of good (not wow) food. it`s been around for a long time,food and winbe lover and is like a hidden gem if you don`t know about it. Very pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But Rushed ServiceJustTheBasicsDined on 7/25/2014I had not visited Opus in several years and had encouraged my wife to try it to celebrate her birthday this year. We had an early reservation and, when asked, advised the server that we were in absolutely no hurry that evening. We both felt rushed through the meal, at times having plated whisked away while we were still chewing. We did take note of the fact that the other 3 or 4 occupied tables in the restaurant were given a great deal of time to linger before being served and between courses. Our sense was that the restaurant wanted to turn the table over quickly for the prime early evening period on a Friday night. Given the reputation that Opus has for service, we were disappointed in the experience.
- FineMrWonderfulDined on 7/23/2014Cost of wine is crazy. Great choice but few bottles under $100. Food has slipped a lot over the years.
- First Time did not DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014I had heard much about this restaurant and finally got to experience it. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Foie gras is a must! The "game" dishes (rabbit and elk) had minor issues. Rabbit portion was small but wait staff had advised us of same. Elk was cooked perfectly but still a little tough. Excellent service. I'd definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageqwertyuiopVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was good but not great. For the price and given the selection of places to go in Toronto, I would select another restaurant. While the service was very good (but not yet great), the food was merely the same that could be had at any number of restaurants.
- first time at OpusOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2014we were not sure what to expect as this was our first visit to Opus. the place was very quiet....which often isn't a good sign but the food, service and preparation were all of a very high standard.Special Features:
- Elegant with good serviceArturoDined on 7/12/2014An elegant restaurant to celebrate someting special, having excelent food, excellent service, good location, valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Very pleasant evening...attentive service...excellent food...and a great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellantSteveLindaDined on 6/18/2014Best service we have had in years. Extensive wine list (A bit over priced)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJOELVIPDined on 6/16/2014Opus is and continues to be, in my opinion, consistently, one of the best restaurants in Toronto. I have been dining there for years. The food is consistently outstanding and the wine cellar is exceptional.Special Features:
- 7130Dined on 6/13/2014Our dinner at Opuswas superb. The wine and food were excellent. There could have been more on the plates, as the meal was expensive, but what we got was delicious - made to perfection and served beautifully. The noise level is pretty quiet, so you an actually enjoy a lovely conversation. For us, a great special occasion place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MortgageChefDined on 6/11/2014It was amazing. The best restaurant ever!!! Thank you very much for the great dinning.
- very good food but too noisysheepDined on 6/8/2014Yes, the food was excellent with a great selection of wines on the list. We were unlucky that evening because there was a group celebrating a birthday that nigth....it means it was very noisy. But the owner changed our table for the dessert....that we could appreciate in quiet corner. He offered also a digestif paid by the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAmarandoDined on 6/7/2014The food was incredible. Completely outstanding wine list. Enjoyed a beautiful 1989 chateauneuf-de-pape Beaucastel with my husband for his birthday. Thank you for wonderful service! ChristineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th Anniversary DinnerMicmac6871Dined on 6/7/2014My wife is fond of foie gras and Opus was recommended. They did not disappoint. Lobster Sashimi was also excellent. Mains were also very good. The Veal melted in your mouth. We shared 3 desserts. All were very good. Only slight disappointment was the Latte which was on the weak side. Service was excellent yet not obtrusive. Overall an excellent experience and we plan to return with friends in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still THE best restaurant in TOMichaelSVIPDined on 6/5/2014Opus only recently joined OpenTable, but it has been in my opinion the best food and wine in TO since 1992. Imagine that--a restaurant that's made it more than 4 years! There's a good reason. Impeccable service. Amazing dishes, especially the foie gras with maple glaze. It could be had for an app, an entree, and dessert! It's unpretentious, yet elegant. The welcome is warm and genuine. AND the kitchen is open every day LATE. Very late by Toronto Standards, 11 pm.... And the bar is always there till 2am.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Opus Restaurant reviews archive.
- As Good A Meal As I've Ever HadDeaconDined on 5/31/2014I took my fiancée to Opus for her birthday and could not have been more pleased with the evening. We made reservations and although our table was not immediately available, we were shown to the bar and enjoyed a drink while we waited a short time. After being shown to our table we were better able to take in the wonderful atmosphere of the restaurant. Our waiter was exceedingly professional, helpful and offered suggestions for food and wine pairings. We both enjoyed our meals immensely. I have dined at several high end steak houses in Toronto, and will say without question that the steak I had that evening was the best I've ever tasted. The dessert we shared was chocolate heaven and featured "Happy Birthday" written in chocolateSpecial Features:
- ZARGuy60Dined on 5/27/2014Exceptional and extraordinary best describe our amazing dinner to celebrate my daughter's graduation! The bison special was a melt in your mouth quality with extraoridnary flavours. Our first time ever ordering caviar with all the fixings did not disappoint. Awesome service! Very special attention to our celebrant was well received.Special Features:
- Great MealMrJAMDined on 5/24/2014Seemless service from start to finish. Wine list is award winning and extensive (and that's a understatement) but sommelier will guide you through it and help you pick the perfect compliment to your meal and personal preference. Food was very good, but my wife felt her lamb lacked the 'wow" factor. Still very good, just not "remember that lamb at Opus 5yrs ago" good. Cost could prohibit many from dining here on a regular basis, but definitely recommend for a special occasion - even if only to leaf through the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A 4 star but not worth 4$ajohebDined on 5/15/2014Service was great. Whiskey was served with a dead fly, no replacement was offered, had to buy a second glass. Food was good, nice ambience but some loud mouth guests were annoying. Great wine collection. Spent $230+tip for two, don't feel it was worth that much. Not going twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond merely eating...FallGuyDined on 5/11/2014Opus is an amazing restaurant in all aspects of what a restaurant should be. From the moment of walking in the door and being greeted by owners who are old friends of many frequent dinners, to being sat at a table perfectly reflecting the reason you are there, the exquisite menu that reflects the true Italian traditions, and others, to impeccable service by staff that blend seamlessly into thecsouroundubf and yet appear the second a Napkin is dropped, a water or wine glassed fliled, or a question needs answering... The food was presented so well, that you almost didn't want to destroy it's look, except it was so incredible, you had to finish it and share it's great taste with the others in your party... Absolutely and completely Amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great uptown restaurantLagerDined on 5/3/2014I love their food. The braised beef appetizer just melts in your mouth. A wine expert helped us select one of their best wines. Though their food portion is small but you would get full if you're not a big eater. The only issue I had with the place is the space. The tables are closer to each other and one can easily listen in on someone's conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big dining splurge2StarsBraboDined on 5/2/2014Excellent wine list and knowledgeable waiter. We had a great pinot noir (Minor) recommended by the waiter from Gary's vineyard. The f.ood presentation was very artistic and the taste was good. My husband loved the bison dish entree and the shrimp appetizer special sashimi style. The bill was pretty hefty.Special Features:
- Great wine Great foodAtdinnerDined on 4/26/2014The list of wines is Great, wines from all over the World but the food is really amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCarolDined on 4/23/2014Our first time here purely based on reviews and I couldn't agree better that this place is a great place to dine even with a baby. The owner was really nice and friendly, great service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opusPrada300Dined on 4/12/2014i was there saturday night and the food and service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Classy gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014We love dining at opus. Beautiful restaurant, great location, great wine list and great food. We always feel very welcome as their service is outstanding. Perfect place for a celebratory, business or just out with friends dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, not outstandingRonCanadaDined on 4/5/2014Overall I had a good experience at Opus. I had very high expectations based on the reviews I had read before my visit, and I think this let me down a bit. Don't get me wrong, the food was excellent, service was great, outstanding wine list, but I expected a little bit more. I was there celebrating my gf birthday and the seating was kind of tight (was sitting beside two lawyers discussing a business deal all night), and the crowd was fairly older (between 40 - 6- years old). I would recommend this restaurant to my parents or business partners, but not to my friends.Special Features:
- Same old excellent service,MBergeronVIPDined on 4/2/2014Same old excellent service, excellent food and outstanding wine selection. I let Tony choose the wine, just gave him a price guidance and I was very pleased with the results. Took a European client who's a foodie there and he raved about the place. While some restaurant, while great are impersonal, this cannot be further from the truth at Opus. Everyone is being treated like a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent with a caveatStefanYYZVIPDined on 3/19/2014Attentive service, great cocktails even though there is no list, delicious food, fantastic wines. The wine list has a thickness of a paper book and is well organized even though there are no wines from South Africa. This is a place where one can taste higher end (expensive) wines by the glass (4 oz. 1999 Barolo at $27.00 or Hugel's Late Harvest Gewurztraminer at $15.00 per 1 oz.). The foie gras was outstanding and a good portion for an appetizer, however, my veal tenderloin over truffle gnocchi consisted of only two small slices. At $44.00 a portion this is gauging, Apparently the waiter "forgot to tell me that it's only a 4 oz. portion". (??) Then do disclose it on the menu! The manager did bring me the 3rd (missing?) slice. I was happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in North AmericaLeeSchroederDined on 3/19/2014I live in Florida but travel to Toronto frequently and I try to include Opus on each trip. Immediately before my last visit to Opus, I was in Las Vegas and dined at three Las Vegas musts: Jean-Georges at Aria, Picasso at Bellagio and the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris. Opus surpassed them all in the quality and inventiveness of their menu. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff is fantastic. I cannot say enough on behalf of Opus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wine list in the cityIHW1Dined on 3/13/2014Best wine list in the city (with the food to match)....from trophy wines to great bottles for under $60.....and the service is top notch regardless of what you order.Special Features:
- Great food/wine and Excellent ValueDIneOutEveryNightDined on 3/12/2014I have had the good fortune of being an Opus customer for some time. The food has been excellent every time and the service is truly stellar. One of the really interesting appetizers is Lobster ceviche and sweet potato with avocado and plantain, but one really cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. Superb wine list - amazing value. The markup is among the lowest in the city. The chef will happily accommodate any special requests, including tasting menus upon advance notice. I have done this numerous times, and have always been impressed with the results. I consider this restaurant prices to be excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably Great!!LeonDined on 3/12/2014Wow! We have eaten at some of top restaurants around the world and this is one of the best. We were greeted at the door by one of the owners. The bar area is very chic. Fabulous service. Unbelievable wine selection, very knowledgeable help with the list (which is a book!) and they really have it all in stock. Needless to say- a Wine Spectator Grand Award Winner for years! The bread basket was delicious with most or all of them made in house. They use the highest quality ingredients and each plate has a little funky food science twist. Appetizers were delicious. Mains were Venison tenderloin and tuna. It was my wife's birthday and they brought us a desert plate and port. It was truly an unbelievable experience and we will be back often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect nightScottDined on 3/12/2014We were greeted and shown to our table promptly by one of the owners. The service was very friendly and professional a level usually only found in Europe. The wine list is extensive "a book" but the owner guided us through and found an outstanding wine for the price we wanted to pay. All the food was the best I have had in Toronto my favorite was the Pepper Crusted Tuna. Overall from start to finish we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.