Opus 9 Steakhouse
5143 Main St
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Opus 9 Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opus9steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7576454779x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
11:00am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chun Felix
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Opus 9 features private dining and board rooms for business or social affairs. Special event menus are available to accommodate groups from 10 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith 7576454779x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz by the Chris Brydge Duo every Sunday during our Brunch Buffet 11am-2:30p.m.
A word from Opus 9 Steakhouse
Prime steak lovers celebrate the opening of Opus 9 Steakhouse in Williamsburg's Trendy New Town Center. Opus 9 epitomizes the dining experience from quality of steakhouse fare to the diversity of the wine list, casual elegance, club-like lounge sophistication, ambiance, private dining accommodations and first class service. The cozy dining room offers a choice of plush booths, spacious tables, and fireside dining with just the right intimacy for an important business lunch or dinner or romantic special occasion. Delectable entrees are highlighted by our melt-in-your-mouth aged Prime Steak, such as Steak “Oscar 9” topped with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, New York Strip Steak, Au Poivre and Bone-in Filet Mignon: all meticulously prepared to your specifications. Live Maine Lobster, Bronzed North Atlantic Salmon, Award-Winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and nightly fresh seafood specials highlight the seafood menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Opus 9 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Opus 9 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)romantic (120)notable wine list (99)fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (70)great for lunch (57)good for groups (46)great for brunch (46)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Another great dining experience!MaryDined on 10/28/2014We always come here whenever we visit Williamsburg (6-7 times a year). It never disappoints. Great food and service at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- LocalDined on 10/28/2014Extensive lunch menu with many selections only $10. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Another excellent mealSassafrasCarolDined on 10/26/2014We visit this restaurant whenever we vacation in Williamsburg. The food is always very well prepared and they were amenable to a slight menu change request. Sunday night is half price bottles of wine. We have always had seafood and rockfish, scallops, crab cakes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's SteakhouseFussyVIPDined on 10/23/2014The perfect server with time to be friendly but not forward. Perfectly cooked steak and tuna. A bit less salt in the Asian slaw would make it better, but the garden salad was so good with a fresh basil vinegarette that I had it for desset one night despite the flourless chocolate tart being fantastic. The servings are way too big in the steakhouse tradition. Plan to have great leftovers.Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining2DineFineDined on 10/22/2014The evening was enjoyable. The staff were very friendly, patient, and observant. Our entree could have been a little warmer. Appetizers were excellent as well the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You have to experience Opus9WillreturnDined on 10/20/2014My wife and I were in the area on a short holiday and went to Opus9 for an Aniversary Dinner. We received a brochure at our resort and went to try the Concierge Special. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and seated promptly. Our server was excellent and brought us the bottle of wine ordered before taking our order. The food we ordered from the special menu was excellent. The server checked on us at times to ensure everything was up to expectations and the manager stopped by to ensure everything was good. There was no rush and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Highly recommend this location. We were there at 7:00pm on a Monday evening and the restaurant was full. A very good sign. Suggest you make reservations. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Server spoiled it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/20/2014Over priced bar drinks. Excellent food. Arrogant severSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sunday ChoiceDrJohnVIPDined on 10/19/2014If you are in Williamsburg on Sunday give this a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Place2LegggettsDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I were looking for a great place to have a romantic and classy dinner. We took a risk and ate at Opus 9. It is by far the best steak I have ever eaten in my life. Our server was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be back to enjoy yet another delicious meal there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spot9FanDined on 10/17/2014I am so impressed with Opus 9, especially for lunch. I have been a regular for some time now. Where else can you have an elegant and delicious lunch, served by attentive servers, at an affordable price?Special Features:
- Birthday BrillianceLuv2celebrateDined on 10/16/2014Took my family out for Mom & Brothers birthdays. Every touch from greeting to ending was perfect. Food was phenomenal! A bit pricey, but worth ever penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and qualityEatoutoftenDined on 10/16/2014We go several times a year and we always have great service and the food is always delicious. Good selection alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014For the quality of the food, this restaurant is seriously overpriced. We had to send back a steak to be re-cooked twice. Wouldn't recommend.
- Excellent service and food.SteakloverDined on 10/10/2014I ate the cowboy cut ribeye which was amazing. Had it made Au Poivere style which was awesome. The seared ahi tuna was also great. Server was a bit slow in refilling drinks but overall the service was good, quick to receive food, and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Efffort-but priceyJomallDined on 10/8/2014The staff tries hard to please. The steaks are good,and would be reason to return. The crabcakes depended on the filling for flavor and werent impressive.The fries that came with the steak were a bit soggy. The cheesecake was dull.Steak was perfectly prepared and quality was excellent. The fixed dinner specials are the way to go to avoid the staggering prices.Special Features:
- What happened to the crabcake?MagnoliaDined on 10/8/2014I wanted to take my friends to a special place for lunch. We had not seen each other for years. They were impressed with the ambiance and the waiter was very nice. I suggested the crabcake to my friend who had never eaten here. I raved about the lump crab meat piled high with a light broiling and delicious sauce. The crab cakes were delivered dry and were small scoops that only took up the center of the bun. The sauce was watery and almost florescent in color. I was very embarrassed and apologized to her after we were out of the restaurant. Please keep the quality of food and presentation we have come to expect at this wonderful restaurant. I never want to leave embarrassed again.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereSusanjDined on 10/6/2014Great cocktails, salads, sides. Service was a bit slow (and we are never in a hurry). Very nce place for a special night out,Special Features:
- Opus 9roseDined on 10/6/2014Disappointing! Have been at this restaurant many times, we were always satisfied. We tried the Beef Wellington and we both thought it had a lack of flavor as well as too much grizzle. Presentation of the meal seemed like it was just thrown on the plate. The server had a large party to attend to and made us feel rushed and in the way. Expected more from this lovely restaurant!
- Love O 9HOSSDined on 10/5/2014You are greeted at the door by warm and friendly Host/Hostess. Sunday is a great day to dine at Opus 9, wine by the bottle is half price with happy hour 4pm-7pm. Wait staff extremely knowledgeable and do this job well. Made the reservation on-line, loved it, simple and convenient. May be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. If you are not in the mood for a fine, well prepared steak, there are non steak items on the menu that are absolutely fabulous!! The Ahi Tuna as an appetizer....presentation and taste, one word, AWSOME well two, DELISIOUS! To cap off a superb meal, one must save room for desert, cant decide which one is the best; Beethoven's Favorite, Key Lime Pie, New York style cheese cake. Thank you Opus 9Special Features:
- outstanding celebratory brunch1Dav1Dined on 10/5/2014I asked my now fiance to marry me Saturday night. We celebrated with brunch at opus9. It was outstanding. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentgranfoodieDined on 10/2/2014Opus 9 has brought a new light to the Williamsburg area scene. Top notch wait staff and food with ambiance. We could not suggest an improvement of any sort.Special Features:
- Very GoodWilliamsburgFoodieDined on 9/28/2014Very nice meal. The server Kara was excellent. The food was prepared well, needed a little more flavor on appetizers, and oysters kept this from being 5 stars around. A very solid effort. The price is a little high, but with food prices today it is no wonder. The young man assisting server needs a little more polish, needs to relax a little, almost had a big mishap with wine glasses on 2 occasions, Kara picked him up though, great team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 Continues to be the Best!!!LynnDined on 9/27/2014Opus 9 never fails!! Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Our food was delicious and our server attentive and efficient!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in WilliamsburgDrLydiaGrayDined on 9/27/2014Seven of my family members went to Opus 9 to celebrate my parent's 56th wedding anniversary. The service was top notch and the food was wonderful! We have been to many of the top restaurants in Williamsburg and always find this one to be the best! Resonable prices and the ambiance is beautiful. Very well trained staff from the hostess to the server and everyone we encountered. We will be back!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 9/25/2014excellent restaurant for dinner for special occasions.Special Features:
- L StraderMeatheadDined on 9/25/2014As always O-9 does a terrific job of service, professionalism and great food.Special Features:
- SailorJimDined on 9/24/2014we had excellent attentive service from Kyle our server...entrees served quickly perfect and delivered hot !Special Features:
- favorite lunch spotdianelDined on 9/23/2014The seating was just what we wanted, the service was impeccable, as always, but the fried cod was a little greasy. None the less, we will return!Special Features:
- JamesDined on 9/21/2014Great food and wine. The steaks were perfectly cooked!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful well-prepared cuisineHistoryLoverVIPDined on 9/21/2014We go to OPUS 9 for steaks & are consistently pleased. Service is efficient & steaks are cooked as ordered. The wine list is extensive & the Sunday night half-price wine night is a good value. The decor is pleasing & in fall& winter, a seat beside the fireplace is especially enjoyable.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDubyaDined on 9/21/2014Great brunch for the hearty eater. A bit pricey for seniors who don't eat a huge meal. Excellent choices, all prepared in typically excellent Opus 9 fashion. The prime rib was outstanding. It was our first time at the Sunday Brunch and we found the layout a bit confusing due to limited space. Overall a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGrunDined on 9/21/2014For Sunday brunch, found some diners' dress code questionable (e.g., shorts, dirty sneakers, T-shirts). Young kids (with parents) slowed down the buffet line considerably. These factors detracted from what would otherwise have been an outstanding dining experience. Have been to Opus 9 for a number of dinners and found the atmosphere excellent, but brunch was alittle disappointing. Nevertheless, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife & I visit Opus 9 several times every few months. But this past Saturday night, the service and food were both way off. We understand that all restaurants have an off night, but after visiting for more than 3 years Saturday was different. We plan to go again in the near future to see if it was a one time fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWMfamily5Dined on 9/20/2014This was our fifth time dining at Opus 9 and it was again worth it. The restaurant was extremely busy because it was parents weekend at W&M but as always our dinners were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, disappointing serviceBaileyBDined on 9/20/2014Steaks and sides were quite good. Service was poor, other diners were seated after us and left before our food even arrived. Manager just commented it was a busy night, no apology, and some tables food game out very fast so the comment didn't help. Expected more.
- W&MparentletseatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great steak, bananas foster cheesecake, and service. We will be back when we are in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseDerbsterDined on 9/18/2014Great restaurant! We love it and go every time we visit our daughter at William and Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 SteakhouseleharmDined on 9/18/2014Opus 9 has been a favorite since they first opened! Great food, specials, 1/2 price bottled wine on Sunday evenings! Who could ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!BillyDined on 9/16/2014Best food I've had in a long time. Steak stood in its own. Didnt need anything. Great flavor perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not WellingtonDisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Let me start by saying that I have eaten at Opus 9 at least a dozen times before and was very happy, that being said my experience on our visit last Sunday was very disappointing. We went for the Beef Wellington Special $29.99 3 coarse meal. It was the worst steak I have ever had and I have had beef wellington before and know what it should be like. Ours was over cooked, tough and not even seasoned properly. There were 4 of us and 3 ordered the special the 4th ordered a different steak entrée It came sliced and was ordered medium. Two of the slices were pink and the rest was well done, She sent it back and the second one looked good butt everyone else was done by now. I expect so much more, Hopefully this was a one time deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.