Opus 9 Steakhouse
5143 Main St
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Opus 9 Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opus9steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7576454779x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
11:00am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chun Felix
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Opus 9 features private dining and board rooms for business or social affairs. Special event menus are available to accommodate groups from 10 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith 7576454779x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz by the Chris Brydge Duo every Sunday during our Brunch Buffet 11am-2:30p.m.
A word from Opus 9 Steakhouse
Prime steak lovers celebrate the opening of Opus 9 Steakhouse in Williamsburg's Trendy New Town Center. Opus 9 epitomizes the dining experience from quality of steakhouse fare to the diversity of the wine list, casual elegance, club-like lounge sophistication, ambiance, private dining accommodations and first class service. The cozy dining room offers a choice of plush booths, spacious tables, and fireside dining with just the right intimacy for an important business lunch or dinner or romantic special occasion. Delectable entrees are highlighted by our melt-in-your-mouth aged Prime Steak, such as Steak “Oscar 9” topped with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, New York Strip Steak, Au Poivre and Bone-in Filet Mignon: all meticulously prepared to your specifications. Live Maine Lobster, Bronzed North Atlantic Salmon, Award-Winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and nightly fresh seafood specials highlight the seafood menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Opus 9 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Opus 9 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)romantic (124)notable wine list (104)fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (71)great for lunch (67)great for brunch (51)good for groups (49)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very GoodWilliamsburgFoodieDined on 9/28/2014Very nice meal. The server Kara was excellent. The food was prepared well, needed a little more flavor on appetizers, and oysters kept this from being 5 stars around. A very solid effort. The price is a little high, but with food prices today it is no wonder. The young man assisting server needs a little more polish, needs to relax a little, almost had a big mishap with wine glasses on 2 occasions, Kara picked him up though, great team work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 Continues to be the Best!!!LynnDined on 9/27/2014Opus 9 never fails!! Excellent food, ambiance, and service! Our food was delicious and our server attentive and efficient!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in WilliamsburgDrLydiaGrayDined on 9/27/2014Seven of my family members went to Opus 9 to celebrate my parent's 56th wedding anniversary. The service was top notch and the food was wonderful! We have been to many of the top restaurants in Williamsburg and always find this one to be the best! Resonable prices and the ambiance is beautiful. Very well trained staff from the hostess to the server and everyone we encountered. We will be back!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 9/25/2014excellent restaurant for dinner for special occasions.Special Features:
- L StraderMeatheadDined on 9/25/2014As always O-9 does a terrific job of service, professionalism and great food.Special Features:
- SailorJimDined on 9/24/2014we had excellent attentive service from Kyle our server...entrees served quickly perfect and delivered hot !Special Features:
- favorite lunch spotdianelDined on 9/23/2014The seating was just what we wanted, the service was impeccable, as always, but the fried cod was a little greasy. None the less, we will return!Special Features:
- JamesDined on 9/21/2014Great food and wine. The steaks were perfectly cooked!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful well-prepared cuisineHistoryLoverVIPDined on 9/21/2014We go to OPUS 9 for steaks & are consistently pleased. Service is efficient & steaks are cooked as ordered. The wine list is extensive & the Sunday night half-price wine night is a good value. The decor is pleasing & in fall& winter, a seat beside the fireplace is especially enjoyable.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDubyaDined on 9/21/2014Great brunch for the hearty eater. A bit pricey for seniors who don't eat a huge meal. Excellent choices, all prepared in typically excellent Opus 9 fashion. The prime rib was outstanding. It was our first time at the Sunday Brunch and we found the layout a bit confusing due to limited space. Overall a great treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGrunDined on 9/21/2014For Sunday brunch, found some diners' dress code questionable (e.g., shorts, dirty sneakers, T-shirts). Young kids (with parents) slowed down the buffet line considerably. These factors detracted from what would otherwise have been an outstanding dining experience. Have been to Opus 9 for a number of dinners and found the atmosphere excellent, but brunch was alittle disappointing. Nevertheless, will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife & I visit Opus 9 several times every few months. But this past Saturday night, the service and food were both way off. We understand that all restaurants have an off night, but after visiting for more than 3 years Saturday was different. We plan to go again in the near future to see if it was a one time fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWMfamily5Dined on 9/20/2014This was our fifth time dining at Opus 9 and it was again worth it. The restaurant was extremely busy because it was parents weekend at W&M but as always our dinners were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, disappointing serviceBaileyBDined on 9/20/2014Steaks and sides were quite good. Service was poor, other diners were seated after us and left before our food even arrived. Manager just commented it was a busy night, no apology, and some tables food game out very fast so the comment didn't help. Expected more.
- W&MparentletseatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great steak, bananas foster cheesecake, and service. We will be back when we are in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseDerbsterDined on 9/18/2014Great restaurant! We love it and go every time we visit our daughter at William and Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 SteakhouseleharmDined on 9/18/2014Opus 9 has been a favorite since they first opened! Great food, specials, 1/2 price bottled wine on Sunday evenings! Who could ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!BillyDined on 9/16/2014Best food I've had in a long time. Steak stood in its own. Didnt need anything. Great flavor perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not WellingtonDisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Let me start by saying that I have eaten at Opus 9 at least a dozen times before and was very happy, that being said my experience on our visit last Sunday was very disappointing. We went for the Beef Wellington Special $29.99 3 coarse meal. It was the worst steak I have ever had and I have had beef wellington before and know what it should be like. Ours was over cooked, tough and not even seasoned properly. There were 4 of us and 3 ordered the special the 4th ordered a different steak entrée It came sliced and was ordered medium. Two of the slices were pink and the rest was well done, She sent it back and the second one looked good butt everyone else was done by now. I expect so much more, Hopefully this was a one time deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WarrenDined on 9/13/2014Excellent in all ways, Expensive, but well worth the money.Special Features:
- Quality of the foodKim123Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I ordered two rib eye steaks which cost about $45 each. We had to send them back because they were so tough. The restaurant gave us two New York strips to replace them. I was really surprised that a steak restaurant like that would be serving steaks that had to be sent back. They apologized and agreed that the steaks were not suitable to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Late Evening MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We thought an 800PM reservation might mean a dead restaurant. No way. The dining was in high gear. Steaks were perfect and perfectly cooked. Only missing element was au gratin potatoes. Small portion, underseasoned, and not all that fresh. But, waiter Sean was fantastic, introducing us to a great local wine. Whole evening was fantastic.Special Features:
- Love the 10 for 10JimbobDined on 9/10/2014The "10 for 10" lunch special offered by Opus 9 is fantastic! 10 choices of excellent lunch dishes for only $10 each - the best deal in town!Special Features:
- DisappointedlovesteakDined on 9/7/2014We ordered four steaks and three of the four were unevenly cooked. Edible yes, but for the price it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodSamkiernan94Dined on 9/5/2014I had the bone in filet with a lobster tail. Food was exquisite, waiter was exuberant about menu and food. Quite a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We were planning a weekend in Williamsburg for my husband's birthday. He is a big steak eater, so I searched ahead of time for a special place to celebrate. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationMartyTedster1318Dined on 9/5/2014Great restaurant to enjoy a wonderful dinner with great service.Special Features:
- Good Food Great ServiceVimaxDined on 9/2/2014Kara was our Server, but each waitstaff was available to assist. It is a small intimate environment perfect for a couple or 2 to enjoy an evening out. The food was very good and was timely. We shared the Chateaubriand for Two and it was enough for us but of course we had to add more veggies just to try them out. The selection was varied enough to accommodate differing tastes. All in all we greatly enjoyed our Anniversary Dinner!!Special Features:
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Enjoyable evening , with very good service. the food was excellant , but somewhat pricey. We will probably return on special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch, great wait staffUnchainedAdventuresVIPDined on 9/2/2014An all around enjoyable experience. Our group had nothing but rave reviews for the good and wait staff. The 'special $10 lunch' menu is varied and the Kobe Meatloaf is amazing.... Love the presentation of the yeast rolls and butter. The player piano is a nice touch too and adds to the relaxing atmosphere. Can't wait to try their jazz brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I dined here 2 years ago and was very excited to bring my fiance and share the experience. To my dismay, this was definitely not what I recall from my previous visit. First, our waiter seemed very disinterested in us or in being there. While other waitstaff were very friendly and accommodating to their patrons-asking "have you dined with us before?", "Our special tonight is..". I noticed that other tables had a card with their waiter's name on it-none of our server's tables had that. He was quite simply void in his service. Secondly, our steaks were ordered medium rare and by the time we were able to eat them (due to them continuing to cook on the plate), they may have been medium well? The au gratin potatoes were crisp and inedible.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceJBrownDined on 8/31/2014I've been to Opus 9 for dinner serveral times, but this was my first Sunday brunch experience. The service and atmosphere is always outstanding. The jazz trio added a splendid touch. The selection of brunch items was great. HOWEVER, the scones were out of this world. The best I've had outside of England. Service is always a treat, as the wait staff is never imposing but knows just when to appear. Staff have always been inviting and welcoming, especially Brandon and the omlette/carving station commando - (LOL). What a treat. You must experience it for yourself. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantlike2eatDined on 8/28/2014Opus 9 was excellent. The atmosphere was great. We went for our 15th Anniversary .... We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - and we will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in VirginiaSpinmeisterDined on 8/28/2014Super service, great atmosphere and delicious food included. Outstanding dinner for special occasions as well as an awesome Sunday brunch or quiet luncheon. Remember Sunday is half priced wines from their robust inventory. Indulge with some friends.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 8/25/2014Opus9s always a superb dining experience! As always, the food and the service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary dinner!NawlinsgirlDined on 8/23/2014We truly enjoyed our anniversary dinner. The food and service was outstanding, we definitely plan to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionlove2wineDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Opus 9 for dinner for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and the service. We requested Shawn as our waiter and found him to be very knowledgeable about the wine list. He steered us to an excellent bottle of wine and made it a great 50th birthday celebration for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SettingJenniferDined on 8/22/2014I surprised my girlfriend with this restaurant for our anniversary while on vacation. The food was top notch and much more then expected. Everyone was very friendly and made sure we were taken care of. I didn't care for where we were seated though, right next to the outside seating door. It was very sunny and became a bit much after a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise find!cheersVIPDined on 8/21/2014Found Opus 9 on the web as we wanted to take our son out to dinner before moving him into his dorm at William and Mary. Found the food wonderful: perfectly cooked steaks, great service, nice wine list. A delight all around!
- steak steak and more steakEllasDadDined on 8/20/2014I had the porterhouse which was excellent! My wife had the Oscar she loved it. I had a bite of the Oscar and had extream food envy. If you like filet and crab this is the way to go no shell in the crab and the flavors were off the chart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.