Opus 9 Steakhouse
5143 Main St
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Opus 9 Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opus9steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7576454779x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch Buffet:
11:00am - 2:30pm;
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chun Felix
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Opus 9 features private dining and board rooms for business or social affairs. Special event menus are available to accommodate groups from 10 to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Smith 7576454779x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz by the Chris Brydge Duo every Sunday during our Brunch Buffet 11am-2:30p.m.
A word from Opus 9 Steakhouse
Prime steak lovers celebrate the opening of Opus 9 Steakhouse in Williamsburg's Trendy New Town Center. Opus 9 epitomizes the dining experience from quality of steakhouse fare to the diversity of the wine list, casual elegance, club-like lounge sophistication, ambiance, private dining accommodations and first class service. The cozy dining room offers a choice of plush booths, spacious tables, and fireside dining with just the right intimacy for an important business lunch or dinner or romantic special occasion. Delectable entrees are highlighted by our melt-in-your-mouth aged Prime Steak, such as Steak “Oscar 9” topped with Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, New York Strip Steak, Au Poivre and Bone-in Filet Mignon: all meticulously prepared to your specifications. Live Maine Lobster, Bronzed North Atlantic Salmon, Award-Winning Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, and nightly fresh seafood specials highlight the seafood menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Opus 9 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Opus 9 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)romantic (111)notable wine list (89)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (58)great for brunch (46)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I've been to Opus 9 for dinner serveral times, but this was my first Sunday brunch experience. The service and atmosphere is always outstanding. The jazz trio added a splendid touch. The selection of brunch items was great. HOWEVER, the scones were out of this world. The best I've had outside of England. Service is always a treat, as the wait staff is never imposing but knows just when to appear. Staff have always been inviting and welcoming, especially Brandon and the omlette/carving station commando - (LOL). What a treat. You must experience it for yourself. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great restaurantlike2eatDined on 8/28/2014Opus 9 was excellent. The atmosphere was great. We went for our 15th Anniversary .... We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves - and we will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in VirginiaSpinmeisterDined on 8/28/2014Super service, great atmosphere and delicious food included. Outstanding dinner for special occasions as well as an awesome Sunday brunch or quiet luncheon. Remember Sunday is half priced wines from their robust inventory. Indulge with some friends.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 8/25/2014Opus9s always a superb dining experience! As always, the food and the service were both exceptional.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary dinner!NawlinsgirlDined on 8/23/2014We truly enjoyed our anniversary dinner. The food and service was outstanding, we definitely plan to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionlove2wineDined on 8/22/2014We dined at Opus 9 for dinner for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and the service. We requested Shawn as our waiter and found him to be very knowledgeable about the wine list. He steered us to an excellent bottle of wine and made it a great 50th birthday celebration for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic SettingJenniferDined on 8/22/2014I surprised my girlfriend with this restaurant for our anniversary while on vacation. The food was top notch and much more then expected. Everyone was very friendly and made sure we were taken care of. I didn't care for where we were seated though, right next to the outside seating door. It was very sunny and became a bit much after a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise find!cheersVIPDined on 8/21/2014Found Opus 9 on the web as we wanted to take our son out to dinner before moving him into his dorm at William and Mary. Found the food wonderful: perfectly cooked steaks, great service, nice wine list. A delight all around!
- steak steak and more steakEllasDadDined on 8/20/2014I had the porterhouse which was excellent! My wife had the Oscar she loved it. I had a bite of the Oscar and had extream food envy. If you like filet and crab this is the way to go no shell in the crab and the flavors were off the chart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MKM1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Great meal, outstanding service - will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Special Occasion mustSeafoodLoverDined on 8/18/2014Not only did they recognize our wedding anniversary, congratulating us several times, but we left with a small bottle of champagne for home! Dinner was outstanding as we knew it would be.Special Features:
- Best Steak!USCGTDiDined on 8/18/2014Had bone-in ribeye cooked medium rare and wife had 8oz filet migon cooked medium and both were cooked to perfection. Sides were also good and dessert was wonderful. Service was great but only issue I had was seating. We were sitting in back dinning room with only one other table occupied. Half way through our meal they sat the table next us and myself and a gentleman sitting at that table made elbow contact a few times due to the proximity of the two tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AwesomeabsolutelyawesomeDined on 8/17/2014This was my second time here, after a few years. I had forgotten how relaxing the atmosphere is and the food is "one of a kind". My friend and I really enjoyed ourselves. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special occasion dinnerfiscaleyeDined on 8/10/2014I took my wife for her birthday on a Sunday. She had the crab cakes and I had the seafood trio. Food was great. Service was very attentive and timely. A bottle of wine is half off on Sundays which is a plus. The only caution is that it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014This was our first time at Opus 9 and we picked it because half our party was coming from Richmond and the other half from Portsmouth. The ambiance was perfect. The noise level was low enough to allow us all to have a wonderful conversation while eating the excellent brunch buffet. The prime rib was fantastic. The service was exceptional. The only negative from any of the party was that the food could have been a tad warmer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ExperienceWilkesBarreVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were in town for the first time and we chose this place. Zach our waiter was very attentive my water glass was never empty. The food was delicious. The service was superb. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the Williamsburg VA area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redzin99VIPDined on 8/8/2014I had asked for special seating and the Hostess went out if her way to accommodate us which was greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Superb anniversary dinner option. Relatively private, outstanding service, and first rate food. Well worth the cost.Special Features:
- Great food but a little flow.Foodie757Dined on 8/6/2014Food was excellent, but the service was a little slow and meals came out without sides. It wasn't very busy do I'm not sure what the issue was. Has happened before, but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014From the beginning to the end the service and food were outstanding. You are treated on a very personal basis. I had my 83 year old mother in and they were very attentive to her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!HopeDined on 8/3/2014I met my friend for brunch. The bruch was comparable to those in Williamsburg, at $24 but my, oh, my, the selection was second to none! From traditional brunch items, omelet station, chocolate fondue fountain, steak, chicken, desserts, pasta salads, etc. It was well worth every penny. Maurice, our server, was the most delightful, personable, entertaining person. He was very warm and friendly and quite engaging. If you can get him, it's a bonus! They also had a duo who played Frank Sinatra and that was a very nice surprise. Well Done Opus! I'll be back :)Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 8/2/2014We always have a good experience at this restaurant. The quality of the 8 oz. filet was outstanding--much better than we have gotten at some of their sister restaurants. Service provided by Heather was also excellent. All staff members were accommodating and courteous, including saving our requested table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the best restaurantMomof4VIPDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant has been the special go-to place for years and this time it did NOT disappoint. We always experience the highest level of professional dining service accompanied by an excellent meal. This steakhouse always provides the most tender cuts of meat you will ever want to try along with a varied mouth-watering menu. If you are looking for a romantic, intimate, special occasion meal, you won't go wrong making your reservation at Opus 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I give a 10 to Opus 9lywamh1141Dined on 7/26/2014We were visiting from Pennsylvania and I wanted to buy a good dinner for our hosts. I did some research and landed on this wonderful restaurant. After recently touring steakhouses (Morton's, Capital Grille, Sullivan's, Ruth Chris, and other Philadelphia steakhouses), my wife and I agree that Opus 9 was better than the Philly-area steakhouses. From the appetizer's through the dessert, everything was tasty and on point. Peter Luger's in Brooklyn still holds my #1, but Opus 9 is my new #2. Our waiter was wonderful, as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleTravelerDined on 7/26/2014I reviews the menu online before selecting the restaurant. By 6:45pm on a Saturday the were out of everything I wanted for my birthday. There's some false advertising about cigars for sale as well the my waiter told me were 2 years old & not humidified. It was all about the aggressive upsell.
- Normally my favorite place, but...Kab12Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I really love Opus 9, but this last weekend I took my daughters and was sadly disappointed because the food tasted so different. The usual fries with the hamburgers were totally different and honestly not very good at all. My raspberry vinaigrette chicken salad also tasted different/not nearly as good as usual. Hope they fix this as Opus 9 is my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014I am always skeptical ordering steak at a restaurant, if it is not better than what I can do at home why bother. Opus 9 had an excellent steak it was definitely one of the best I had at any restaurant. I was in the mood for a surf and turf and we ordered the fillet topped with crab meat. Fillet steaks are a likely tricky to cook, I went with the large 12 oz and it was cooked to perfection, Medium Rare. I will look forward to returning! We had a great table and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversay DinnerCattyDined on 7/25/2014As usual, my huband and I chose Opus 9 for our Anniversary dinner, always one of our favorites places. His swordfish special and my crabcakes were excellent. Yet, the dramatic rise in prices on the menu and the diminishing niceties that used to accompany a meal (dinner mints, no anniversary recognition, etc.) will no doubt make our visits less frequent. If you have an early dinner as we did, your conversations may have to compete with the noisy happy hour bar.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!TashLovesBarbsDined on 7/25/2014My boyfriend and I went to Opus 9 for our 2 year anniverary and could not have been more pleased with the experience. The food was fantastic and the service was definitely above par. I will definitely be going back next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014great service, food and wine and lovely atmosphere - a delightful anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Opus 9 Steakhouse has excellent steaks and the service is outstanding. It is a very appropriate restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Outpetrus66Dined on 7/24/2014Three of us appreciated our servers flexibility in that we wanted to order a selection of appetizers, a salad and one steak to share among us. He staged out dinner very well and we enjoyed everything. Also appreciated how nicely he prepared what we didn't finish so that we could take it home.Special Features:
- Great food every time!lovetoeat8Dined on 7/24/2014What I love about Opus is how consistently good it is. Never disappoints! Their steaks melt in your mouth and are cooked to perfection. Their seafood is fresh and seasoned lightly so it can be savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Fine DineSubmarinerDined on 7/21/2014We had our Anniversary Dinner and celebrated 53 years. The meal was great and good service.Special Features:
- Gerard BalsleyGEBJRDined on 7/19/2014The $40 ribeye, the least expensive steak on the menu, and the easiest, most forgiving steak for a restaurant to pull off, was unmarbled, tough and tasteless. Three people, the server, the maitre d'hotel, and a third server picking up the check, all asked how the steak was, all in an entirely perfunctory way, and had no response when I told them. I'd expect a $40 steak to be prime beef. If Opus 9's supplier purveyed this steak as prime, shame on all of them. To call it choice would have take a suspension of judgement. The sides were grim, too. À la care creamed spinach was soupy and mulched; potatoes au gratin lacked un gratin, and were tasteless escalloped potatoes. Overpriced, mediocre, pretentious restaurant.
- Signature steakFood4thoughtDined on 7/18/2014I was underwhelmed by their signature steak, The Oscar. It was overcooked and it wasn't seasoned well. The bernaise sauce made it more flavorful. But overall, it was not a great steak. I wouldn't order it again. Also, once we were finished eating and I had paid, the waiter didn't really return to ask us if we needed anything although we were finishing a bottle of wine. I was disappointed. The food wasn't worth the expense.Special Features:
- Fabulous!jkowaDined on 7/18/2014We went for our anniversary and had a memorable night. Excellent food and the service was just as great. It wad the best steak I had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Both the food and the service were fantastic. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningyankeegirlDined on 7/17/2014Fab steak, enormous lobster tails, incredible service. We were so happy we chose Opus 9 as the place to take some very special out of town guests. They loved their dining experience.Special Features:
- Had a pleasant lunchNSwmsbgVIPDined on 7/17/2014We very much enjoyed our lunch at Opus 9. It was a pleasant opportunity to sit outdoors and have some well prepared food. You can get the best club sandwich here and the French Onion Soup is hearty and delicious. And with Martinis that are expertly made one could hardly want for much more. Though our server seemed to be having an off day. He never brought us our place setting or flatware. I had to retrieve some for us. We were also lacking on refills for our water glasses. When he returned with my credit card, there was no credit card slip. I chalk it all up to either an off day for him or lack of experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.