130 East 57th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2126883939x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday from 7:00am to 11:30am
Saturday - Sunday 11:30am -4:00pm
Monday To Friday 11:30 - 3:00 pm
7 days a week, 5:30 - 11:00 pm
LOUNGE (Lighter Fare):
Monday to Saturday 3:00pm - 1:00am
Sunday 3:00pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Opia is perfect for any corporate and social event including business meetings, presentations, Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Communions, Showers, Cocktail Parties or Bar & Bat Mitzvahs. Whether it is a Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner, Opia elegantly accommodates anywhere from 6 to 400 guests.
- Entertainment: Live jazz on Tuesday and Saturday evenings at 9:30pm. No cover charge - $25 Food/Beverage Minimum.
For a complete calendar of events please visit www.opiarestaurant.com/entertainment.
A word from Opia
A Culinary Oasis in the Heart of Midtown Manhattan!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Opia reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Good Restaurant Week LunchDavidDined on 8/13/2014Salmon tartar was excellent, wasabi mayo could have used a bit more wasabi. Lamb leg was cooked nicely and large portion (especially for Restaurant Week), creme caramel was fine, nothing special. Service was not great, we had to specifically ask for the RW menus, there were far too long pauses between courses which may have been the reason for the entrees arriving at room temperature. Stars consider the RW lunch price of $25 and the large portions.
- Great manager responseLizBDined on 8/10/2014Our server was not great and let us order a slow cooked meal at a temperature. However, the manager was more than accomidating and really worked to turn it into a positive dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks - ok foodBillVIPDined on 8/5/2014The bar/restaurant was nice but the food and service was just ok.Special Features:
- skeptical bc of restaurant weekrxthy13VIPDined on 8/5/2014Stopped in for weekday lunch and the restaurant week menu just happened to appeal to us so we thought we'd give it a try. I was skeptical it being a hotel restaurant. We both got the same 3 courses. First course arrived immediately - corn "soup" was more like corn flavored milk with a glop of "store-bought" guacamole. The guacamole added some flavor and dimension but it was weird to bite into onions. 2nd course took much longer - lamb which on the menu was supposed to be with beans, but we got frozen carrots and zucchini that were half cooked and still crunchy. We decided to order truffle fries which didn't come until our lamb was cold and after we asked again - these were tasty! Creme caramel was ok, tasted store bought also.
- A HUGE DisappointmentLookN4YumDined on 8/5/2014A huge let down! Service was extremely poor for a restaurant that was not busy at lunch. It took 15 min. for a waiter to take our order & not knowledgeable about the menu. Our appetizer took a while to come & then the order was wrong. We finished our appetizers & sat w/our empty plates for 30 min. Plates were finally taken away & we sat for another 15 min. While waiting for our meals folks who sat after us were getting served & it seemed something was wrong w/their meals. A gentleman’s hamburger had to go back. The waiter originally took their meal to a different table. Food was fair (overdone) & finally we asked for the check & the bill was incorrect as they charged us for another person’s meal. Please think twice before going.
- fitgeezerDined on 7/24/2014croque monsieur was soggy instead of crisp, with ham between damp slices of bread and cheese melted on top. fries were good but a huge portion overwhelming the plate. my guest's club sandwich this day was excellent, but last time it was slabs of chicken and long pieces of undercooked bacon. sitting outside on the terrace is great and the traffic noise was rarely intrusive
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Came here for lunch during restaurant week. Had the leg of lamb and the girl had the Chicken Milanese. Lamb looks like it was reheated and the flavor just wasn't there. The chicken was deep fried, which was unexpected. Who deep fries a "chicken Milanese?!" Service was great but the kitchen was a serious let-down. I feel bad for the wait staff who works there.
- Somewhat pleasantDiningDivaVIPDined on 7/17/2014I dined here with a friend for lunch. The hostesses' disposition was very strange. It was almost a turn off for my dining experience. However, a very polite waitress made up for it. Although a few items were forgotten, I would try this place again for a quiet midday drink and a few small bites.Special Features:
- Good place to see football gameLydieDined on 7/4/2014Nice place to see the game but service not really prepared for such of amount of people. Salad very small with few pieces of cheese...just to taste but not really to eat and no table for me so I eaten in a corner of a table when I booked my place in advance.Special Features:
- Hot then coldBackinNYDined on 6/17/2014First time was a delight. Second time food was cold, service slow and apathetic. Such a let down! Thought I'd found a neighborhood gem. Disappointed. Need a third time as a tie breaker.
- Notable Wine ListThirstyDined on 6/10/2014Opia has a notable Wine List. Unfortunately, their wine list does not reflect their actual stock. The first wine we picked was a nice French white. Ten minutes later we were told they were out of that wine. Then we picked an Italian wine. Fifteen minutes later, we were told that too was out of stock. Our third choice, a different French Wine, drew the same response after 5 minutes, followed by the manager soon coming over and saying they had found that Wine. Thirty minutes after our first order, we had our wine, which was wonderful. The food was Outstanding.Special Features:
- Hidden place worth checkingHarp28VIPDined on 6/5/2014You'd have to know about it but once you're there: very nice ambiance, friendly service, quiet and great booths. Food is good, loved the bouillabaisse! Great lunch menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellentNYCTravelerVIPDined on 5/13/2014The setting is wonderful and the food delicious, but the service was extremely slow by any standards and I sat with an empty cocktail for quite a while before anyone thought to ask if I wanted another cocktail, or a glass of wine with dinner. The restaurant was not very busy, nor was the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 321 reviews are from the Opia reviews archive.
- Great for Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014The egg hunt and the Easter bunny were great!! The staff was very attentive to the children. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!brownieis1Dined on 4/20/2014Expensive and food is not good. Waitress was not friendly and barely understood what I was ordering. She was unfamiliar with the menu.
- foodluverVIPDined on 4/17/2014Very cool space in a hotel restaurant. Good food and wine - was great for relaxing and enjoying an evening with friends.Special Features:
- Good for business lunchNlavaVIPDined on 4/3/2014nice location and when it finally gets warmer you can even eat on the little balcony's above 57th Street, which may not be everyone's idea of "fresh air" but it's NYC! Fried artichokes were delicious.
- Great for meetingsWinnieDined on 3/6/2014I came here on Thursday, 3/6/14 to celebrate a friend's birthday. The waiters were extremely nice, and the food as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Special was specialdrfurferoDined on 3/5/2014One of my high school friends, whom I'd not seen in 30 years, came to NYC. We both love French food, so we took advantage of Restaurant Week to try Opia. My friend had Soupe au Pistou, Boeuf Bourguignon, Mousse au Chocolat and I had Salmon Tartare, Escalope de Veau Normande, and Pistachio Creme Brulee. We each drank a glass of Cote du Rhone wine. The food and wine were delicious. Portions were perfect for lunch. We definitely plan to return for another repast.Special Features:
- Dazzling sceneDodgersWillVIPDined on 2/20/2014A beautiful second-floor restaurant with a very creative menu and outstanding service. Attracts French visitors with its cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Salad Sandwich?dancerVIPDined on 2/19/2014It should have been called toast with a touch of lettuce.....and 4 fragments of lobster! I was out with a client...did not want to complain
- Dinner on Sunday EveningCarolmicVIPDined on 2/16/2014Went to dinner with my husband this past Sunday evening at Opia. We had a very nice meal, great service and delicious food. We shared the escargot appetizer which was delicious, one of the best we have ever had. For entrees I chose the mussels with the french fries and he had the hanger steak. We both loved our dishes very much. We had coffee and dessert, he had the mousse and I had the "floating island". His was the better choice. With one cocktail each our bill came to $120. We thought that was reasonable for excellent food and very good service. Would go back again if I was in the neighborhood. One small gripe, we sat at a table that was very poorly lit (one candle wont due) so we had to use our phones to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opia Strikes AGAIN!!!!!MeatheadDined on 2/12/2014Thank you for the great service and wonderful food and ambiance........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodNYDinerVIPDined on 1/6/2014Opia is a favorite for business lunches because the food id always good and the tables are spaced widely apart. The service is attentive and the decor is tasteful.Special Features:
- Worst EverDaveDined on 11/28/2013I have a personal rule of no eating at hotel's but took a chance. I should have stayed with my personal rule. The food appeared to be purchased from Costco but did not have the great taste f Costco food. It was too loud, the wait staff were plastic. Worst ever thanksgiving dinner.
- French flairGigiVIPDined on 11/25/2013Opia was wonderful from start to finish. We were treated well from the moment we arrived. The service was beyond excellent. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was beautiful. It is pricey and you need to know that going in. Well worth it. Truly a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hosted a business lunch inOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/22/2013Hosted a business lunch in the afternoon then a client happy hour in the evening. Beautiful space with great food. Lovely staff as well.Special Features:
- A quiet place to meet friendsCrinkVIPDined on 11/9/2013We had Saturday brunch at Opia. It was quiet and pleasant. The menu was good enough. Service was fine. We'd do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel restaurantRobinson69Dined on 10/1/2013Typical hotel restaurant though this one was even less inspired than most. Boring menu poorly executed
- DisappointingEatsOutVIPDined on 9/22/2013Waited for well over an hour for the main course to arrive. Told that there were communication problems with the kitchen, but no apologies or compensation for extraordinarily late service. Order of short ribs consisted of one rib. Not worth the visit.
- Great breakfast. Perfect placeNainaDined on 9/20/2013Great breakfast. Perfect place for a morning breakfast meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dumbing down an entreefitgeezerDined on 9/10/2013have been to opia several times this spring and especially liked the small crustless turkey club, with thin turkey, avacado, and a wonderful dressing. had the sandwich this week and it was thrown together with two slices of bread cut in half, one half holding a thick folded slice of meat that was not identifiable turkey and a piece of lettuce, and the other half had a thick slice of red onion and one poorly cooked piece of bacon. there was a miniscule bit of the sauce on one slice of bread. I only ate half the sandwich and left the onion and bacon. Five hours later had very bad stomach cramps. my guest had the steak and said it was fine. will never go back........
- Hidden gemLBerDined on 7/21/2013We discovered Opia with a large crowd on Mother's Day and each time we go we're not disappointed. It's a hidden gem on the upper west side that is especially great for Sunday brunch. The Hanger Steak is terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Lovely RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/29/2013I had a really lovely time at Opia. The food was very good and the staff was courteous and responsive to our needs. They accommodated our extra guest with no problems. We had a wonderful experience and plan on making it our next girls night out. It was a true pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/29/2013Breakfast was terrible. The continental breakfast ($22 i think) was some toasted frenchish bread, some dry toast, and some sort of pastry - one pat of butter and a small jar of jam. I ordered tomato juice. it came late in the meal and they served me bloody mary mix. Coffee was cold. My companion had eggs benedict which did not look appealing. Service was slow although the place was pretty empty. All in all a bad experience.
- A gem in midtownLilianVIPDined on 5/19/2013""The truffle macaroni is so good.!"raved my daughter and her friend. Everything that we ordered were well prepared and delicious. The service and food is always consistently good to excellent. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and colleagues.Special Features:
- Went here for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/12/2013Went here for Mother's Day brunch with a party of 4. It was fine given the diverse tastes in the group. The room was attractive, menu had something for everyone, etc. but the service was unfortunately bad. We ordered 1 hot coffee, 1 iced coffee and a cocktail as we were looking at the menu. Got the cocktail right away but waited 30 minutes for the coffees and then had to ask two more times before we were served.
- Great BrunchNikkSimms222Dined on 5/12/2013Everything was great and the wait staff was amazing...the French toast was to die for...can't wait to go back and taste the flan..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our (low) expectationsMidtownEatsVIPDined on 5/12/2013We had Mother's Day brunch here, simply because we live a block away and didn't want to walk too far. We were pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. No complaints about any of our dishes: salmon, black sea bass, french toast, steak and eggs, chocolate mousse. There was a piano player, lots of families, big windows that look out on 57th (and a few tables outside on the balcony), comfy banquettes -- all in all a really good experience. We didn't expect much out of a hotel restaurant, so we were very pleased.
- A perfect place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013A perfect place to meet friends when we are visiting the City. Relaxed, informal dining; lots of appetizers to share; good choices on menu, Quality of food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.