Ophelia's on the Bay
9105 Midnight Pass Road
Sarasota, FL 34242Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ophelia's on the Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://opheliasonthebay.net/
- Phone: 9413492212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour in Bar/Lounge Nightly: 5:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet Every Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Olson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ophelia's on the Bay is the perfect location for your next catered event! Whether it be a birthday celebration, business function, wedding/baby shower, or any other memorable event in your life, we would love to create the perfect event catered to your needs. We also offer complete off-site catering services ranging from small to large functions with our fully equipped mobile kitchen. Please contact Kristina to start booking your event today!
- Entertainment: Please join us every Sunday from 11am to 2pm for the Jazz styling's of Shelly Torman as he serenades you with his velvety voice and wide repertoire of old and new favorites alike!
- Special Events: We specialize in beautiful bay-side weddings, including ceremonies and receptions, for up to 100 people. We also offer a beautiful location for rehearsal dinners and the "Sunday after the wedding" brunch. We also offer off site catering options if so desired, so you can bring Ophelia's spectacular food to any venue. Please contact Kristina as soon as you are ready to start planning your dream wedding!
A word from Ophelia's on the Bay
Ophelia's on the Bay is one of Sarasota’s premier fine dining waterfront restaurants. Enjoy beautiful vistas of Little Sarasota Bay, from the floor-to-ceiling windows that line the dining room. Or join us for al fresco dining on our open-air patio, as the dolphins and manatee swim by. Winner of many awards both locally and nationally, including an Excellence rating from Zagat as well as being listed as the number one restaurant in America in Power and Motoryacht Magazine for dock and dine. Ophelia's on the Bay has also been voted most romantic, best waterfront and best restaurant with a view by its loyal customers. The menu changes nightly using fresh and seasonal ingredients, fresh fish flown in from all over the world and specialty meats. There is certainly something for every palate! We feature an extensive wine list, specialty martinis, as well as a full bar. Family owned and operated for over 22 years, we have an experienced staff that prides itself on exemplary service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ophelia's on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Siesta Key ›
Ophelia's on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (140)great for outdoor dining (118)special occasion (112)romantic (109)fit for foodies (78)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (34)good for groups (22)great for brunch (21)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OVER60SDined on 9/15/2014Ophelia's is wonderful for a special occasion. It is not your everyday meal place nor is it a venue for children. The location is a bit out of the way for locals but Siesta Key tourists will enjoy its rather calming view of the bay water. The menu selection is set more for the upper middle class in selection and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated & OverpricedDennisDined on 9/14/2014We had high expectations based on the reputation and went for our first time to the Sunday Brunch Sept.14th. We are not very picky but appreciate quality always over quantity... We were very disappointed in both the quality of the food and the presentation along with the variety. We felt the food was just mediocre and would liken it to a cruise ship's buffet. To add insult to injury the $27 cost along with a $9 well drink didn't help matters. Would have been happy to pay too much if it was worth it, but it wasn't! My guess is the reputation must be based on the dinners; however we won't be back....Special Features:
- CliffDined on 9/13/2014we were disappointed with one of the main course meals the lobster was not good. The restaurant gave us a full refund on that meal whjich was nice but would have liked the meal as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBobHVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always a nice twist. Menu change is inviting and usually very good.
- Reliably great food & serviceSarapatDined on 9/13/2014We took advantage of Ophelia's Savor Siesta specials and had a delightful meal with great service.Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We had the most fabulous, delicious dinner ever (both dishes we ordered). The setting is fabulous and unique. The waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful but slight disappointmentAlwaysa2ndchanceDined on 9/10/2014In general...perfect. Food and choices fantastic...server (Chris) great. Had included with reservation that it was my wife's birthday...absolutely no acknowledgement whatsoever...very disappointing for this level of restaurant. However, will be back in 3 weeks for anniversary....will see how they do.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnernillyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 7 yr anniversary which is an off number but they made us feel special and were wonderful with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing brunchluv2BDined on 9/7/2014This was our "go to" special occasion restaurant and have been pleased in the past. However, our brunch last Sunday was most disappointing. The hostess and our waiter were top notch, however the food was just so-so. Nothing remarkable about the offerings as most were lukewarm at best!. To add insult to our visit, one of the "station" chefs when asked what one of the entrees was, snarkily replied.."its Cod...a FISH" Really??? This was the only dish without a nametag and I just wanted to know what was offered. To be talked to in such a condesending manner was uncalled for and very unprofessional on his part. It put a sour note on my husband's otherwise happy birthday celebration. We will not be back for brunch any time soon!Special Features:
- Top NotchRedcapVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ophelias on the Bay has always been a favorite of mine while visitng Siesta Key. It has a reputation of being a bit up and down with both service and cusine but this last visit was outstanding from the ouside seating on a lovely late summer evening to the excellent waiter. The menu selection was exceptionally creative and well prepared. i do hope they put the Grouper with Pad Thai on the menu again. the flavors were fantastic.Special Features:
- Great viewsresidentDined on 9/6/2014Maybe the most peaceful restaurant I ever went to. Beautiful views. Great valet. Service was excellent. Food was good.... Highly priced for what we received....Don't see us going back. Not super impressed.....Special Features:
- Met All ExpecrionsBabbydaddyDined on 9/5/2014First time back in three years due to a bad experience with server and food. Decided to try agan expectig this to be a wrte-off due to curent negative reviews. No wait for table, excelent view of river, Drinks were prepared properly, appetzer prepared and served well, the entree was spoton excelent. My wife and I were regulars for over ten years and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticroxanneDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Ophelia's many times and have NEVER been disappointed. It is the best restaurant in the Sarasota area. Crab cake appetizers were so good. Loved the mixture of Latin flavors on the grouper.Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We moved from Sarasota 15 yrs ago, and went to Ophelia's for special occassions. We really missed it, so when we can get back to town and have a reason for a special outing we love to re-visit. This time we did miss the roast garlic for our bread, and it was storming, but, it was August in Florida! Our waitress almost overdid checking on us though. And we were surprised the hostess had a sleeveless top on w/ full arm tatoos.Special Features:
- ExlisDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit with friends. Food was absolutely delicious. We had a nice table by the window with a great view of the bay. We took advantage of a special which included our 3 course meal and a bottle of wine-- a great value for the price of $40.00. Service was very good. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Over & AboveCathyDined on 8/29/2014We had a enjoyable and delicious dinner. We sat outside in a cool breeze watching fish jump and heat lighting dance far into the distance. The food was outstanding. What could have made this perfect is the linkage to Open Table and their hospitality. It was clear that they did not read our special requests to sit outside and when brought to their attention, they didn't want to extend any special favors. After dining there and talking to friends about the great food experience, it was clear that our service experience was not uncommon.Special Features:
- Very good food. Service so solove2dineDined on 8/29/2014I have been here before. I had a great birthday dinner. I am gluten free and the waiter had gone out of her way to accommodate me. This time the waiter was not very accommodating and the service was slow. On several occasions we had to ask someone to find the waiter. I hope if I go back the next time it will be thrive the first time. The food is very good.Special Features:
- AwkwardAlwayshungry123Dined on 8/27/2014Do not go here agree 8pm. We were the only guests, and the staff wanted us gone. So quiet we didn't want to talk. Very old restaurant in age and in style. Food was lukewarm, though visibly appealing. Overall too expensive for what it was- an old mildew smelling, run down restaurant with an unhappy staff who didn't want to be there, serving leftover food at fine dining prices? May have been a better experience if we were 30 years older and 3 hours earlier. They don't care anymore at this restaurant, is the impression I got.
- Romantic diningEasy2pleaseDined on 8/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Ophelia's. It was a quiet night on Wednesday which was pleasant for us. The menu choices were creative and well presented. I am always impressed when I enjoy the vegetables and starch as much as the protein portion of the meal. No room for dessert but in honor of our anniversary we were presented with a complimentary glass of champagne!Special Features:
- cbolcikDined on 8/27/2014we have been going to Ophelia's for over 13 years. Each time, whether a special occasion (20th anniversary, birthdays) or a place to take friends and family to, we have never been disappointed. Bonus to the staff who laugh at my jokes (I always ask for a refill of my crème brulee instead of coffee). Can't think of a better place to go. Its is one of our favorites when we are down from DC.Special Features:
- The View is What You Pay Forsonotpickyeaters1960Dined on 8/24/2014We are not difficult diners to please and this is one of the first negative reviews we have ever written/submitted. Yet, Ophelia's on the Bay will be a disappointment to diners who are looking for excellent food and service besides an incredible ambiance in exchange for the prices they are paying. My escargot appetizer was out of balance. Puff pastry shell way too large for just a few escargot/little sauce making the diner feel like they were just eating a bland shell. Chef provides you with a beautiful presentation of food, but our entrees were tasteless and unremarkable. For a $$$$$ rated restaurant, diners will be extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- Spectacular ViewLanaTDined on 8/24/2014The Jazz Brunch was wonderful on this beautiful sunny day on Sarasota's ICW!! The food was delicious...and the BEST Bloody Mary!! Yummy! Our waitstaff was awesome...Miriam and J.D. took very good care of us. We were celebrating my friend's 39+ Birthday and we both were made to feel very special!! What an awesome experience!Special Features:
- outstanding chefMeowMeowDined on 8/23/2014The interior feels quite dated so we preferred to dine outside. The only problem with that was as soon as the food arrived, a few flies decided to join us. The absolutely delicious food, made up for the things we did not like as much. I would give this restaurant a 9 out of 10 for the food; and a 6 out of 10 for the overall experience because of the flies, and because I feel the atmosphere needs a bit of freshening up from a decorating perspective. My husband and I were also seated next to a family of 6 including children. I think we would have enjoyed the evening more without hearing the constant chatter of the table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good servicep3orion45Dined on 8/20/2014We chose to have dinner at Ophelia's on the Bay to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I ordered the Fillet Mignon, The wife ordered the Yellow Fin Tuna and our daughter had the Lazy Maine Lobster. the food was very good and the portions were just the right size. The Martini's both Peach and Mango as well as the complimentary champagne they gave us was excellent. The deserts were delicious but super rich and the Service was excellent. It was rather warm outside when we arrived. we had reserved an outside table but they gave us our choice of where to sit. With the view of the bay being so nice we decided to eat outside. Overall we had a nice experience and would come back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Classic Modern FoodPlantelmeDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant needs renovation, but the food was about a mix of good ideas with another ones not that much!Special Features:
- ExcellentSag11VIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent dinner, service and atmosphere We watched the dolphins and the fish jumping while we enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The menu was varied and offered something for everyone without being overwhelming. We split the crab cake appy. More than enough for two people. We both had scallops. Both dishes were prepared perfectly and presented beautifully.THe waitress was attentive and helpful. We will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHMytakeDined on 8/17/2014I've had better brunches at Shoney's. I took a date and spent the rest of the day apologizing. There was no omelet station and the egg frittata was dry and tasteless. The roast beef server was away from his station and we had to wait. I had requested a table inside with a view and when I told the hostess I was not happy with my table she pretty much said "too bad". Bad service, bad food, and premium price equals "I'll never go back".
- Beautiful SunsetsPhillyFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We were absolutely thrilled to find a fine dining establishment with excellent food and a lovely view in Siesta Key. During dinner we sat outside and watched the beautiful sunset. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners. Our server, Donald, was outstanding and even took a few pictures for us after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousFritoDineDined on 8/15/2014Old school attention to detail and food simplicity. One of the more perfect meals ever.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeLisag523Dined on 8/14/2014Great experience. All staff were very friendly and waitress was helpful with suggestions on the menu. Food was good and the atmosphere was great for our special birthday celebration.Special Features:
- PerfectoffseasondelightDined on 8/14/2014I took my wife to Ophelia's for our anniversary. The food was cooked perfect, was inventive and flavors were well balanced. The service was impeccable and being right on the water the views are great too. I know during season this place is a bit packed, but off-season it is great for a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- luv2eatItalianluv2eatItalianDined on 8/13/2014Scenery was beautiful, quiet and very relaxing. Our server was extremely nice and helpful and also very knowledgeable. The salmon was excellent as well as the eggplant crepes (delicious!) The Pork Tenderloin was the best we have ever eaten. All of the side dishes were excellent as well (i.e. the butternut squash souffle & potatoes au gratin). We did all agree that it was a little pricey and decided that more dining there will be for special occasions only. Also, the Valet parking attendent was extremely nice and kind and very welcoming.Special Features:
- Good but $$$$$$JandEDined on 8/13/2014Ophelia's is a lovely spot to dine. One of the few waterfront restaurants on Siesta Key. It is, however, very pricey. Our dinner for four with drinks and dessert was 266.00 without tip. Two of us only had a shared salad and each had an appetizer, and dessert and a drink. I can honestly say the service was fine and the ambiance lovely. Valet parking is a plus and one must make a reservation. This is a truly special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Thank you for making my parents anniversary so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, service and viewLuv2EatOutDined on 8/10/2014For a relaxing night out with a view of the bay this place is it. The service staff was very friendly and the food was fabulous. The ambience could use some updating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceEileenVIPDined on 8/10/2014I have been to Ophelia's on the Bay many times and have always had wonderful food and service until Sunday Brunch this past weekend. We arrived with a reservation an hour before the published end of buffet. The food seemed picked over, scarce, and stale. There were no clean plates and we had to wait to get any. Getting the attention of the staff was a challenge. One of the diners at my table stated that the last time she was there, staff attention was also lacking. This was a very disappointing visit to Ophelia's and I will not be back any time soon. What a shame. This isn't even high season for our area.
- Brunch by the BayAuntyLyndDined on 8/10/2014Great view. Great service. Great food. Sunday brunch is $27 and includes a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary, juices, coffee. Three stations include breakfast items, soup, seafood (great crab legs!) and a prime rib carving station, and an assortment of desserts. Classy without being stuffy. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Lovely place, delicious food!SeaviewerDined on 8/8/2014Ophelia's never disappoints! We've been going back for at least 15 years now. Every single time the staff has been friendly, helpful and fun. The food is delicious and the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceDaneDined on 8/8/2014Great food! Great service! Parking is a little tough, but they handle it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.