Ophelia's on the Bay
9105 Midnight Pass Road
Sarasota, FL 34242Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ophelia's on the Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://opheliasonthebay.net/
- Phone: 9413492212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour in Bar/Lounge Nightly: 5:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet Every Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Olson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ophelia's on the Bay is the perfect location for your next catered event! Whether it be a birthday celebration, business function, wedding/baby shower, or any other memorable event in your life, we would love to create the perfect event catered to your needs. We also offer complete off-site catering services ranging from small to large functions with our fully equipped mobile kitchen. Please contact Kristina to start booking your event today!
- Entertainment: Please join us every Sunday from 11am to 2pm for the Jazz styling's of Shelly Torman as he serenades you with his velvety voice and wide repertoire of old and new favorites alike!
- Special Events: We specialize in beautiful bay-side weddings, including ceremonies and receptions, for up to 100 people. We also offer a beautiful location for rehearsal dinners and the "Sunday after the wedding" brunch. We also offer off site catering options if so desired, so you can bring Ophelia's spectacular food to any venue. Please contact Kristina as soon as you are ready to start planning your dream wedding!
A word from Ophelia's on the Bay
Ophelia's on the Bay is one of Sarasota’s premier fine dining waterfront restaurants. Enjoy beautiful vistas of Little Sarasota Bay, from the floor-to-ceiling windows that line the dining room. Or join us for al fresco dining on our open-air patio, as the dolphins and manatee swim by. Winner of many awards both locally and nationally, including an Excellence rating from Zagat as well as being listed as the number one restaurant in America in Power and Motoryacht Magazine for dock and dine. Ophelia's on the Bay has also been voted most romantic, best waterfront and best restaurant with a view by its loyal customers. The menu changes nightly using fresh and seasonal ingredients, fresh fish flown in from all over the world and specialty meats. There is certainly something for every palate! We feature an extensive wine list, specialty martinis, as well as a full bar. Family owned and operated for over 22 years, we have an experienced staff that prides itself on exemplary service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ophelia's on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Siesta Key ›
Ophelia's on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (139)great for outdoor dining (121)romantic (109)special occasion (109)fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (40)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (22)good for groups (19)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AwkwardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Do not go here agree 8pm. We were the only guests, and the staff wanted us gone. So quiet we didn't want to talk. Very old restaurant in age and in style. Food was lukewarm, though visibly appealing. Overall too expensive for what it was- an old mildew smelling, run down restaurant with an unhappy staff who didn't want to be there, serving leftover food at fine dining prices? May have been a better experience if we were 30 years older and 3 hours earlier. They don't care anymore at this restaurant, is the impression I got.
- Romantic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Ophelia's. It was a quiet night on Wednesday which was pleasant for us. The menu choices were creative and well presented. I am always impressed when I enjoy the vegetables and starch as much as the protein portion of the meal. No room for dessert but in honor of our anniversary we were presented with a complimentary glass of champagne!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014we have been going to Ophelia's for over 13 years. Each time, whether a special occasion (20th anniversary, birthdays) or a place to take friends and family to, we have never been disappointed. Bonus to the staff who laugh at my jokes (I always ask for a refill of my crème brulee instead of coffee). Can't think of a better place to go. Its is one of our favorites when we are down from DC.Special Features:
- The View is What You Pay ForOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We are not difficult diners to please and this is one of the first negative reviews we have ever written/submitted. Yet, Ophelia's on the Bay will be a disappointment to diners who are looking for excellent food and service besides an incredible ambiance in exchange for the prices they are paying. My escargot appetizer was out of balance. Puff pastry shell way too large for just a few escargot/little sauce making the diner feel like they were just eating a bland shell. Chef provides you with a beautiful presentation of food, but our entrees were tasteless and unremarkable. For a $$$$$ rated restaurant, diners will be extremely disappointed.Special Features:
- outstanding chefOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014The interior feels quite dated so we preferred to dine outside. The only problem with that was as soon as the food arrived, a few flies decided to join us. The absolutely delicious food, made up for the things we did not like as much. I would give this restaurant a 9 out of 10 for the food; and a 6 out of 10 for the overall experience because of the flies, and because I feel the atmosphere needs a bit of freshening up from a decorating perspective. My husband and I were also seated next to a family of 6 including children. I think we would have enjoyed the evening more without hearing the constant chatter of the table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good servicep3orion45Dined on 8/20/2014We chose to have dinner at Ophelia's on the Bay to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I ordered the Fillet Mignon, The wife ordered the Yellow Fin Tuna and our daughter had the Lazy Maine Lobster. the food was very good and the portions were just the right size. The Martini's both Peach and Mango as well as the complimentary champagne they gave us was excellent. The deserts were delicious but super rich and the Service was excellent. It was rather warm outside when we arrived. we had reserved an outside table but they gave us our choice of where to sit. With the view of the bay being so nice we decided to eat outside. Overall we had a nice experience and would come back for special occasions.Special Features:
- Classic Modern FoodPlantelmeDined on 8/18/2014The restaurant needs renovation, but the food was about a mix of good ideas with another ones not that much!Special Features:
- ExcellentSag11VIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent dinner, service and atmosphere We watched the dolphins and the fish jumping while we enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The menu was varied and offered something for everyone without being overwhelming. We split the crab cake appy. More than enough for two people. We both had scallops. Both dishes were prepared perfectly and presented beautifully.THe waitress was attentive and helpful. We will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHMytakeDined on 8/17/2014I've had better brunches at Shoney's. I took a date and spent the rest of the day apologizing. There was no omelet station and the egg frittata was dry and tasteless. The roast beef server was away from his station and we had to wait. I had requested a table inside with a view and when I told the hostess I was not happy with my table she pretty much said "too bad". Bad service, bad food, and premium price equals "I'll never go back".
- Beautiful SunsetsPhillyFoodieDined on 8/15/2014We were absolutely thrilled to find a fine dining establishment with excellent food and a lovely view in Siesta Key. During dinner we sat outside and watched the beautiful sunset. Everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners. Our server, Donald, was outstanding and even took a few pictures for us after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousFritoDineDined on 8/15/2014Old school attention to detail and food simplicity. One of the more perfect meals ever.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeLisag523Dined on 8/14/2014Great experience. All staff were very friendly and waitress was helpful with suggestions on the menu. Food was good and the atmosphere was great for our special birthday celebration.Special Features:
- PerfectoffseasondelightDined on 8/14/2014I took my wife to Ophelia's for our anniversary. The food was cooked perfect, was inventive and flavors were well balanced. The service was impeccable and being right on the water the views are great too. I know during season this place is a bit packed, but off-season it is great for a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- luv2eatItalianluv2eatItalianDined on 8/13/2014Scenery was beautiful, quiet and very relaxing. Our server was extremely nice and helpful and also very knowledgeable. The salmon was excellent as well as the eggplant crepes (delicious!) The Pork Tenderloin was the best we have ever eaten. All of the side dishes were excellent as well (i.e. the butternut squash souffle & potatoes au gratin). We did all agree that it was a little pricey and decided that more dining there will be for special occasions only. Also, the Valet parking attendent was extremely nice and kind and very welcoming.Special Features:
- Good but $$$$$$JandEDined on 8/13/2014Ophelia's is a lovely spot to dine. One of the few waterfront restaurants on Siesta Key. It is, however, very pricey. Our dinner for four with drinks and dessert was 266.00 without tip. Two of us only had a shared salad and each had an appetizer, and dessert and a drink. I can honestly say the service was fine and the ambiance lovely. Valet parking is a plus and one must make a reservation. This is a truly special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Thank you for making my parents anniversary so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, service and viewLuv2EatOutDined on 8/10/2014For a relaxing night out with a view of the bay this place is it. The service staff was very friendly and the food was fabulous. The ambience could use some updating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceEileenVIPDined on 8/10/2014I have been to Ophelia's on the Bay many times and have always had wonderful food and service until Sunday Brunch this past weekend. We arrived with a reservation an hour before the published end of buffet. The food seemed picked over, scarce, and stale. There were no clean plates and we had to wait to get any. Getting the attention of the staff was a challenge. One of the diners at my table stated that the last time she was there, staff attention was also lacking. This was a very disappointing visit to Ophelia's and I will not be back any time soon. What a shame. This isn't even high season for our area.
- Brunch by the BayAuntyLyndDined on 8/10/2014Great view. Great service. Great food. Sunday brunch is $27 and includes a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary, juices, coffee. Three stations include breakfast items, soup, seafood (great crab legs!) and a prime rib carving station, and an assortment of desserts. Classy without being stuffy. Well worth the money.Special Features:
- Lovely place, delicious food!SeaviewerDined on 8/8/2014Ophelia's never disappoints! We've been going back for at least 15 years now. Every single time the staff has been friendly, helpful and fun. The food is delicious and the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceDaneDined on 8/8/2014Great food! Great service! Parking is a little tough, but they handle it well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ophelia's on the Bay--SarasotakenlwrDined on 8/7/2014I think Ophelia's has a very creative menu that changes daily. The presentation is excellent, and while at first glance pricey, really a good value for the quality, freshness, portion size and creativity. And it has one of the best views in Sarasota!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aggravating ExperienceMaisieDined on 8/7/2014We looked forward to having dinner at Ophelia's but were very disappointed. The view and the ambience of the restaurant is very nice. Our waiter made our experience very aggravating. He took our drink order and left it sitting on the bar for about 20 min. before he brought it to us. He was very condescending about whether we understood the menu. The food was good but not special. The prices were high. We waited a long while before he brought the check and then he walked by the table for twenty minutes before he would pick it up, even when my husband asked him to take the check. This is not restaurant that we would recommend.Special Features:
- a great night outMartyDined on 8/2/2014Ophelia's is the place to go for a romantic dinner. The food and service are superb. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificent Waterfront SettingZorroDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant has a beautiful waterfront setting and excellent food and is frequently chosen for special occasions by persons who can afford to go anywhere. A recent visit proved disappointing, however, because a bus boy spilled olive oil on the guest of honor while removing items from the table. Rather sheepishly, he disappeared quickly with only a perfunctory apology and claim we could attempt to bring in a dry cleaning bill later after cleaning her dress. As she lives far away, this was not a great solution. If the bus boy felt himself out of his depth in the manners department, he could have summoned the manager himself to offer profuse apologies and perhaps a free desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!LidoOneVIPDined on 7/31/2014There is something very special about this restaurant! From the relaxed atmosphere, to the friendly and courteous staff, to the tranquil water views, to the extraordinary cuisine of Chef Olson, this outstanding restaurant has everything you might require. The "Lazy lobster" specials are exquisite and the fresh fish dishes are always outstanding! Thank you for maintaining such a consistent and thoroughly delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- View is unbeatable.FoodEsarasotaVIPDined on 7/28/2014Absolutely breathtaking view and romantic atmosphere. We had a nice bottle of wine and our food was pretty good. Tuna and salmon were both slightly over cooked but good presentation and nice seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lolaDined on 7/26/2014This was our first experience at Ophelia's to celebrate our 16th anniversary. The food, service, wine, atmosphere were absolutely wonderful. Have heard about your Sunday brunch for a long time and will definitely be back for that soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service64to87Dined on 7/25/2014The service was not up to the standards that we expected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special find in Siesta Keyfont5000Dined on 7/25/2014We eat at Ophelia's every time that we are in Sarasota. The lamb is excellent. The filet is excellent. The chef prepared a special foie gras appetizer for us that was so delicious! The calamari was well prepared. Looking forward to eating here next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcindiVIPDined on 7/24/2014The setting on the water was just delightful. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing. From the sushi to the fish, everything was so fresh. The lazy lobster was the best I have ever had. Can't wait to go back.
- Didn't Enjoy Ophelia'sDianeMVIPDined on 7/24/2014I took a guest to Ophelia's after being referred by friends who admittedly had not been there for several years. I'm guessing the passage of time accounts for the difference in their description and my experience. I'd describe the shrimp appetizer and salmon and snapper entrees we ordered as "average" for the Sarasota area. I might have considered going back for the waterside venue alone had it not been for the slow service we experienced throughout. It wasn't a busy Thursday night, but it took 30 minutes to place our order, 20 minutes for the appetizer and another 30 for the entrees to arrive. We then waited 45 minutes after finishing the meal for our bill. I think Ophelia's may be living on its past reputation.Special Features:
- Husbands Birthday Dinner 7/22/14MariaGtogoDined on 7/22/2014The only problem we had was that the out of the shell lobster over pasta had pieces of shells still on the plate and my husband cut his gums when he bit on his third serving. So that destroyed the meal. My husband hates shells on his seafood so this is why he ordered this plate. He returned the plate, but the restaurant manager treated him to another dish onthe house which made up for the experience. The other problem was that once our waitress notice we where unhappy with the experience she barely returned to our table to see if we needed anything else. We literally had to ask the manager for our bill and had to walk to the exit door to make the payment, then on the way out she apologized when she saw us up and speaking with manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014While the atmosphere is rather dated and the bar area very small, the service and food were both excellent. And of course the water view is wonderful! They were also very nice to bring us a complimentary glass of champagne for our anniversary and accommodate our last minute seating request .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday brunch(and dinner)peteroliverDined on 7/20/2014Great selection of food, not all well signposted at brunch. Exceptionally pleasant wait-staff. Easy access to table for my partner (going next day to knee-surgery!). Been there twice, both times surprisingly delightful food and attentive service. Hearty recommendation for a special dinner or an awesome brunch. Booking a table a must!Special Features:
- One of the bestWinemanDined on 7/11/2014My wife have been in Florida for two years and a friend recommended we go to a place on siesta key called ophellia's. Wow we were blown away. Food was superb service was great and we had a very romantic and wonderful dinner together. We will go back again very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience to Savor!SavorDined on 7/11/2014Having never been to Ophelia's, made reservations for my sister's birthday. Everything from the apps to the wine to the entrees to the dessert, was really outstanding. The view on the bay was beautiful. We sat inside where you could see the beautiful marsh, birds, and the sun setting cast a light on the water and the nature that was really magnificent. The restaurant is a bit dated, but you don't care about this when you are there, because all eyes will be on your plates and the view. The food was delectable and the portions very nice. Service was wonderful. Menu is fresh and seafood is delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menujackDined on 7/11/2014The Lazy man lobster is delicious. Mussels were extremely large and tender with a delicious dipping sauce. Scallops were large and tender.The only draw back was we felt that the rolls were stale.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Food quality very good with a nice vista. Front of house could have been a little more friendly. More expensive than your average restaurant but you get what you pay for. Overall a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.