Ophelia's on the Bay
9105 Midnight Pass Road
Sarasota, FL 34242Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ophelia's on the Bay
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://opheliasonthebay.net/
- Phone: 9413492212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour in Bar/Lounge Nightly: 5:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday Jazz Brunch Buffet Every Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Olson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ophelia's on the Bay is the perfect location for your next catered event! Whether it be a birthday celebration, business function, wedding/baby shower, or any other memorable event in your life, we would love to create the perfect event catered to your needs. We also offer complete off-site catering services ranging from small to large functions with our fully equipped mobile kitchen. Please contact Kristina to start booking your event today!
- Entertainment: Please join us every Sunday from 11am to 2pm for the Jazz styling's of Shelly Torman as he serenades you with his velvety voice and wide repertoire of old and new favorites alike!
- Special Events: We specialize in beautiful bay-side weddings, including ceremonies and receptions, for up to 100 people. We also offer a beautiful location for rehearsal dinners and the "Sunday after the wedding" brunch. We also offer off site catering options if so desired, so you can bring Ophelia's spectacular food to any venue. Please contact Kristina as soon as you are ready to start planning your dream wedding!
A word from Ophelia's on the Bay
Ophelia's on the Bay is one of Sarasota’s premier fine dining waterfront restaurants. Enjoy beautiful vistas of Little Sarasota Bay, from the floor-to-ceiling windows that line the dining room. Or join us for al fresco dining on our open-air patio, as the dolphins and manatee swim by. Winner of many awards both locally and nationally, including an Excellence rating from Zagat as well as being listed as the number one restaurant in America in Power and Motoryacht Magazine for dock and dine. Ophelia's on the Bay has also been voted most romantic, best waterfront and best restaurant with a view by its loyal customers. The menu changes nightly using fresh and seasonal ingredients, fresh fish flown in from all over the world and specialty meats. There is certainly something for every palate! We feature an extensive wine list, specialty martinis, as well as a full bar. Family owned and operated for over 22 years, we have an experienced staff that prides itself on exemplary service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ophelia's on the Bay - Best Restaurants in Siesta Key ›
Ophelia's on the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (131)special occasion (111)great for outdoor dining (110)romantic (108)fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (31)good for groups (25)great for brunch (15)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another outsranding experienceTARREKVIPDined on 10/24/2014Delightful evening of food and drink, with outstanding service and food quality. Thanks for another outstanding experience we were able to share with our visitors to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationGGGremlinDined on 10/21/2014The stuffed oysters were very heavy on the filling so oyster taste was overpowered. Wouldn't order again. Calamari was excellent except for the very tough rabe. Would order again and ask to omit rabe. Shrimp entree was OK but not the superior flavor we always receive here. Wouldn't order again. Lazy Lobster would be better if Chef went back to jasmine rice as a complement. Also, the lobster was tough. Would order again. Not our favorite meal here, but still a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and good foodGoodFoodFanDined on 10/19/2014This was our first time at the restaurant, and we were from out of town. But we heard about the restaurant during a previous visit from friends. The ambiance is incredible with seating outside on the waterway. The eggplant appetizer was excellent, and the fish entrees very good. They have a very diverse and good wine list. We would definitely come back to try other dishes on the menu. Highly recommend. Of note, if you wish to sit outside, make sure to mention that in the reservation. Not necessary a guarantee.Special Features:
- Company ArrivingflboyDined on 10/18/2014When we have company we like to go here. It is very expensive so we do not go there often. It is a shame that Sarasota has few nice waterfront restaurants. I would guess that is why when you find one it will be steep in price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Ophelia,s offered fine dining in Sarasota.This experience is limited in the Sarasota area and for that intimate scenic experience I would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!christinamarieDined on 10/17/2014Great ambiance and amazing food! All the staff was wonderful! Our favorite place to go for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularFineDiner1Dined on 10/16/2014Food is incredible. . Service is very good as well. A great place for unique food. Great wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danaDined on 10/16/2014It's a rare spot on the water, we were their with company from out of town, staff was very friendly, need to update the restaurant, such a wonderful location but old building and deck, need to add a kid friendly menu. Adult food was wonderful. Inside very dated, could be spectacular.Special Features:
- Very Pleased With Anniversary EventWLC222Dined on 10/15/2014Read number of reviews prior to making reservation and was a little skeptical for first visit. Seated at a two top by two windows with great view on a Wednesday night. Service, Food, and Ambiance was excellent. We had Filet Mignon and a Lobster dish with salads and two drinks each with attentive Staff. Was advised that bugs can be an issue at times so we took an inside table however outdoor patrons didn't appear to have any issues. In summary, had excellent time with high quality food, service, and ambiance. Would agree that it is definitely a little pricey as bill with tip was just under $200 for two people and perhaps could use a little inside freshening, so would reserve this for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeikBDDined on 10/12/2014We were blessed to be there at a relatively quiet time, and enjoyed the incredible service and food we received very much. We had three totally different items plus a delicious tuna appetizer and an amazing bottle of wine. It was the perfect place to eat, relax and be completely pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAnonymousDined on 10/12/2014We love to go to this restaurant for special occasions. The food is outstanding. I had the snapper which was amazing. The other people in my group had the rack of lamb and the grouper which they both equally enjoyed. We were treated to complimentary glasses of champagne after dinner to help us celebrate a birthday. That was such a nice treat. I can't wait for the next special occasion so we can go back!Special Features:
- Pleasant Ambience, Food, and StaffTopdogDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Ophelias. The food is very, very good. The staff is friendly and accommodating, and the view is sweet. The portions are more than ample, and the house wines are fine. We will not hesitate to come back again and again.Special Features:
- Just OKBellaDined on 10/11/2014I am sorry to say I was not impressed. My husband couldn't find anything he really liked and was not happy with his dish. He ate a little bit and the rest we took home for our dog. My dinner was good but certainly not what I expected from the hype I had heard from others. Far from elegant and delicious I am afraid in our book. Others at our table enjoyed their meals however and it was their 3rd or 4th time there. I realize you can't please everyone and for me it was an off night.
- DinnerDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great little restaurant with fantastic views. The chef changes the menu weekly which is good and bad only because you may really like something and next time you go, it may not be on the menu. It is on the pricy side especially for appetizers and salads, however worth the expense for special occasions. Food is innovative and different. The desserts are not to be missed. The water view is amazing and the service is perfecting. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing anniversary dinnerMrsHillhouseDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I dined at Ophelia's on the Bay for our anniversary dinner and it was better than fantastic. The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, the view was spectacular. We sat down by.the water and we enjoyed our special dinner with a family of 3 manatee. It was phenomenal! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, great serviceDSCNVIPDined on 10/9/2014We have dined here many times and it is never a disappointment. The food is consistently good, and the setting presents one of the most beautiful, calm, relaxing atmospheres available. Service is always very good, and on this visit it was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJudygirl42Dined on 10/9/2014Ophelias on the Bay is a wonderful place to eat. The food was delicious and the view was so outstanding. The only downside was the amount of time it took for our waiter to get to our table...other groups came in and were seated and served their drinks before we ever saw the guy. Otherwise it was a perfect evening.Special Features:
- An Unforgettable ExperiencejohnandtippyDined on 10/1/2014From the moment we stepped out of our car, we experienced warm hospitality. Kind and gracious with smiling faces, the folks of Ophelia's on the Bay treated us as family guests. Their thoughtful accommodation and conversation was matched by deliciously creative drinks, tasty appetizers and scrumptious meals that had us over the moon. We will be back to see those friendly faces and enjoy unforgettable dinners in one of the most beautiful natural settings on the Gulf Coast. Reserve our table for Saturday Night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightluv2dinsrqDined on 9/30/2014We had not been here in years due to several bad service experiences. Tried it again and WOW! Food excellent. Service excellent. Well worth the bill!Special Features:
- People make the experiencewaterviewsDined on 9/28/2014Our dinner experience at Ophelia's on the Bay could not have been better. From the complimentary valet parking to the intimate settings within the restaurant the atmosphere was perfect for our 29th wedding anniversary celebration. I felt like a 5 star patron in a well run and cozy establishment where it was clear everyone enjoyed working. The people always make the experience and at Ophelia's the people made ours unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER60SDined on 9/15/2014Ophelia's is wonderful for a special occasion. It is not your everyday meal place nor is it a venue for children. The location is a bit out of the way for locals but Siesta Key tourists will enjoy its rather calming view of the bay water. The menu selection is set more for the upper middle class in selection and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated & OverpricedDennisDined on 9/14/2014We had high expectations based on the reputation and went for our first time to the Sunday Brunch Sept.14th. We are not very picky but appreciate quality always over quantity... We were very disappointed in both the quality of the food and the presentation along with the variety. We felt the food was just mediocre and would liken it to a cruise ship's buffet. To add insult to injury the $27 cost along with a $9 well drink didn't help matters. Would have been happy to pay too much if it was worth it, but it wasn't! My guess is the reputation must be based on the dinners; however we won't be back....Special Features:
- CliffDined on 9/13/2014we were disappointed with one of the main course meals the lobster was not good. The restaurant gave us a full refund on that meal whjich was nice but would have liked the meal as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerBobHVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always a nice twist. Menu change is inviting and usually very good.
- Reliably great food & serviceSarapatDined on 9/13/2014We took advantage of Ophelia's Savor Siesta specials and had a delightful meal with great service.Special Features:
- PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We had the most fabulous, delicious dinner ever (both dishes we ordered). The setting is fabulous and unique. The waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- Wonderful but slight disappointmentAlwaysa2ndchanceDined on 9/10/2014In general...perfect. Food and choices fantastic...server (Chris) great. Had included with reservation that it was my wife's birthday...absolutely no acknowledgement whatsoever...very disappointing for this level of restaurant. However, will be back in 3 weeks for anniversary....will see how they do.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnernillyDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 7 yr anniversary which is an off number but they made us feel special and were wonderful with us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing brunchluv2BDined on 9/7/2014This was our "go to" special occasion restaurant and have been pleased in the past. However, our brunch last Sunday was most disappointing. The hostess and our waiter were top notch, however the food was just so-so. Nothing remarkable about the offerings as most were lukewarm at best!. To add insult to our visit, one of the "station" chefs when asked what one of the entrees was, snarkily replied.."its Cod...a FISH" Really??? This was the only dish without a nametag and I just wanted to know what was offered. To be talked to in such a condesending manner was uncalled for and very unprofessional on his part. It put a sour note on my husband's otherwise happy birthday celebration. We will not be back for brunch any time soon!Special Features:
- Top NotchRedcapVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ophelias on the Bay has always been a favorite of mine while visitng Siesta Key. It has a reputation of being a bit up and down with both service and cusine but this last visit was outstanding from the ouside seating on a lovely late summer evening to the excellent waiter. The menu selection was exceptionally creative and well prepared. i do hope they put the Grouper with Pad Thai on the menu again. the flavors were fantastic.Special Features:
- Great viewsresidentDined on 9/6/2014Maybe the most peaceful restaurant I ever went to. Beautiful views. Great valet. Service was excellent. Food was good.... Highly priced for what we received....Don't see us going back. Not super impressed.....Special Features:
- Met All ExpecrionsBabbydaddyDined on 9/5/2014First time back in three years due to a bad experience with server and food. Decided to try agan expectig this to be a wrte-off due to curent negative reviews. No wait for table, excelent view of river, Drinks were prepared properly, appetzer prepared and served well, the entree was spoton excelent. My wife and I were regulars for over ten years and we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticroxanneDined on 8/31/2014We have dined at Ophelia's many times and have NEVER been disappointed. It is the best restaurant in the Sarasota area. Crab cake appetizers were so good. Loved the mixture of Latin flavors on the grouper.Special Features:
- Oldie but goodieOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014We moved from Sarasota 15 yrs ago, and went to Ophelia's for special occassions. We really missed it, so when we can get back to town and have a reason for a special outing we love to re-visit. This time we did miss the roast garlic for our bread, and it was storming, but, it was August in Florida! Our waitress almost overdid checking on us though. And we were surprised the hostess had a sleeveless top on w/ full arm tatoos.Special Features:
- ExlisDined on 8/30/2014Our first visit with friends. Food was absolutely delicious. We had a nice table by the window with a great view of the bay. We took advantage of a special which included our 3 course meal and a bottle of wine-- a great value for the price of $40.00. Service was very good. We are looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Over & AboveCathyDined on 8/29/2014We had a enjoyable and delicious dinner. We sat outside in a cool breeze watching fish jump and heat lighting dance far into the distance. The food was outstanding. What could have made this perfect is the linkage to Open Table and their hospitality. It was clear that they did not read our special requests to sit outside and when brought to their attention, they didn't want to extend any special favors. After dining there and talking to friends about the great food experience, it was clear that our service experience was not uncommon.Special Features:
- Very good food. Service so solove2dineDined on 8/29/2014I have been here before. I had a great birthday dinner. I am gluten free and the waiter had gone out of her way to accommodate me. This time the waiter was not very accommodating and the service was slow. On several occasions we had to ask someone to find the waiter. I hope if I go back the next time it will be thrive the first time. The food is very good.Special Features:
- AwkwardAlwayshungry123Dined on 8/27/2014Do not go here agree 8pm. We were the only guests, and the staff wanted us gone. So quiet we didn't want to talk. Very old restaurant in age and in style. Food was lukewarm, though visibly appealing. Overall too expensive for what it was- an old mildew smelling, run down restaurant with an unhappy staff who didn't want to be there, serving leftover food at fine dining prices? May have been a better experience if we were 30 years older and 3 hours earlier. They don't care anymore at this restaurant, is the impression I got.
- Romantic diningEasy2pleaseDined on 8/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Ophelia's. It was a quiet night on Wednesday which was pleasant for us. The menu choices were creative and well presented. I am always impressed when I enjoy the vegetables and starch as much as the protein portion of the meal. No room for dessert but in honor of our anniversary we were presented with a complimentary glass of champagne!Special Features:
- cbolcikDined on 8/27/2014we have been going to Ophelia's for over 13 years. Each time, whether a special occasion (20th anniversary, birthdays) or a place to take friends and family to, we have never been disappointed. Bonus to the staff who laugh at my jokes (I always ask for a refill of my crème brulee instead of coffee). Can't think of a better place to go. Its is one of our favorites when we are down from DC.Special Features: