OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ The Marketplace in Irvine
13122 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA 92602Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ The Marketplace in Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.opahrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7145088055x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Marc Cohen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: TO-GO PLATTERS AVAILABLE (SEE WEBSITE MENU) LARGE PARTY ACCOMODATIONS AND SPECIAL REQUESTS ARE OUR SPECIALITY.
- Private Party Facilities: At Opah Restaurant and Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the best Chef's in Orange County.
- Private Party Contact: Willie J. Carroll 714-508-8055x
- Special Events: ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND A GUEST FIRST ATMOSPHERE SET OPAH APART FROM THE COMPETTION. CALL US FOR SPECIAL REQUESTS AND LARGE PARTY INQUIRYS.
A word from OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ The Marketplace in Irvine
At Opah Restaurant & Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the Best Chef's in Orange County. The menu is exquisite, featuring edible works of art, that look so good the could be on a magazine cover. Don’t forget to try one of our signature Award Winning Martinis, or have some wine outside near the fireplace on the patio. If you wondering how we came up with the name Opah. It comes from the Hawaiian word for Moonfish, which was once viewed as Good Luck by fisherman, & often given away as a gesture of Good Will.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ The Marketplace in Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful fish dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013If you want a great fish dinner or even a special burger stop by Opah. Fresh yummy meals. Try the trout or the fish and chips and you will see what I mean. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!MatthewDined on 12/27/2013The food is wonderful! We have gone twice now and looking forward to future visits. The most difficult decision in terms of menu selection was what items to wait until next time to try. The bacon wrapped dates were a repeat from our first visit because they were so good. We also tried the sweet potatoe tower which is a done very nicely with the accompanying chipotle sauce. For entree, the chipotle lime chicken sandwhich was amazing and the hazlenut crusted halibut was incredible. To finish, you can't go wrong with the chocolate croissant bread pudding, also a repeat from our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on Laurels?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013This meal was average with nothing particularly noteworthy. Hosts were impersonal and robotic. Although we had a reservation, they wanted to seat us on the patio without asking if that would be ok. The server, Kiana, was efficient but also impersonal. The fish and chips were a little overcooked and dry. The filet was well done. Asked for medium. The onion soup lacked flavor. Used to come here more often when it was much better. Will look for an alternative in the future.
- Server saved the day!!!OCTTDined on 12/21/2013You've heard of first impressions set the tone? We walked in and were given an indifferent to negative reception from the two hostesses in front. Even with a reservation, they put us at an undesirable table. When asked to reseat, the hostess acted put out!!! After finally compromising on the table, we sat and was greeted by a cheerful and efficient server. Her service was excellent and made up for the rough start. The food was very good. Taste and presentation were excellent. The fish special was very good but a little overcooked for our taste but that is more due to our preference cook fish medium rather than well. The steak was tender and tasty. Overall, a very good experience and a continued recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food had a different flairRonB9Dined on 12/19/2013The food had a different flair and very good. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome CiopinoYuckyVIPDined on 12/5/2013Opah has many wonderful seafood dishes, and the Ciopino is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrMmmmmMmmmmmGoodDined on 11/26/2013Really you must have the Oysters and the Brie Fondue, just yummy and the Hawaiian Rib Eye was to dies for. Thank you Opah for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the serviceEugene4LifeDined on 11/23/2013service was great. food was delicious. couldnt ask for more. one of the group was a bit too noisy. waitress relocated our table away from the group without any hesitation. had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business dinnersGlamourMomDined on 11/20/2013My colleagues and I dined at OPAH for a business dinner. I loved that, not like other restaurants, they extended Happy Hour drink and food prices outside of the bar area. We appreciated that very much. Anytime a customer feels like they're getting a great deal is a good thing. Food presentation is excellent and my rib-eye was especially tasty! I asked for medium rare and got it! I loved the drink selections - there's something for everybody. We had the half-baked chocolate for dessert and it was to die for. I highly recommend OPAH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageartsyladyDined on 11/9/2013This could be a great place, but the menu keeps changing; trying to be more upscale, but food doesn't match. would love to have back some live music, maybe jazz trio. great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceJordanDined on 11/8/2013The food has vastly improved from my last visit. They must have a new chef. Unfortunately, our server was not what I was accustomed to from my previous visit. I expect them to be more knowledgeable, attentive, and courteous. I will return, but I am just going to pick up the food and take it home. Chilean seabass and salmon is excellent.Special Features:
- Always a favoriteFAcrusaderDined on 11/6/2013My husband and I have been going to Opah since it first opened before we had kids. It is close to our house and still gives us the feeling of going out for some fine dining. We love and ambience out on the patio. The food is delish. The wait staff and chefs are abundantly friendly and accommodating. Now we bring our kids, one of which has very severe food allergies, and they always go the extra mile to make us feel like she will be safe eating there. Definitely a neighborhood gem that we hopes sticks around for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013We have dined at Opah before but this time was really GREAT. We were a party of 5 for a birthday celebration. 3 adults and 2 children. The other adults were thinking of ordering one app in particular. One child and myself are gluten free for allergies and I asked the waitress if that app had flour because we couldn't eat it. She said yes and then came back to the table with a printed list of foods from the menu that are gluten free! It made ordering so much easier than asking about every dish! Food was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We have been here before and every time we leave we always say why don't we eat here more often! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and yummy food!jburkiVIPDined on 10/26/2013My girlfriend and I celebrated our birthdays together at Opahs and received fantastic service along with yummy food. The server was kind enough to let us choose our desserts on the house.Special Features:
- Very good food; ignored the b-dayDiscerningdinnerVIPDined on 10/21/2013Our waitress was very nice, attentive, but not hovering, and apologized for the very slow bar service. The grilled opah I had with papaya salsa was very good, and my husband's hazelnut encrusted halibut he enjoyed very much. He was also very impressed with the clam chowder because there were nice large pieces of clams and the seasoning was perfect. It was the day of my husband's birthday and he is one of those people who likes the restaurant to do something. I wrote the information on my OpenTable reservations, but they ignored the occasion and he was disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my fav!!LoRoVIPDined on 10/20/2013I enjoy the happy hour menu and sitting outdoors. Very good crab cakes and mojito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumFoodluverDined on 10/20/2013We got the shrimp tacos special & crabcake &it was yummy!!! I would definitely go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very disappointed!!!!happywecameDined on 10/12/2013We came to celebrate a birthday and had a horrible experience. There were very few people in the restaurant when we arrived but our dinner was one hour late, and they handled it poorly. We sat and waited while others came and left before us. When we finally got our food, they got our order wrong...twice, no apologies. Our service was mediocre and the manager was terrible. Very poor customer service. A huge disappointment, will not come back.
- Great happy hourTaxiu7VIPDined on 10/11/2013No view, great menu, fabulous oysters at happy hour prices, fresh fish outstanding!Special Features:
- A rare miss for OpahMickVIPDined on 10/11/2013Typically eat here once every couple of weeks for business lunch, and this particular day the food and service was quite off. Food was not hot enough, the service was horribly slow.
- Always gooddilletantemomDined on 10/4/2013The food and service are always reliably excellent. Expect a lot of noise on a Friday or Saturday night with a busy bar scene...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of patio chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/20133 of us sat on patio and had to leave before desert due to very uncomfortable chairs. Waitress agreed they get lots of complaints. Both figs dishes were good but my wife did not like the chicken.
- Used to be our favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2013Used to be our favorite restaurant but the chicken dish was greasy and I should have been told the starch was optional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't as good as it has been!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2013Saturday night was busy, too loud and poor service. Food was marginal, it can be really good, maybe it was too busy. Think I will avoid on busy nights. Had the Halibut, one piece was just right the other was over cooked and the sauce wasn't as good. The filet was really good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok with reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/20133 of 4 diners had an ok meal. Diver Scallops for one diner were old and did not taste as they should, sweet and salty. Halibut was dry and overcooked on one plate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place to EatJohnicusVIPDined on 8/24/2013Food was very good, service was good, and the drinks are Ehhh.... Our dishes were made well and the temp. of the food was right on. The service was on point, but I've tried their drinks on many occasions and it's not par with the price. So I guess I can't call it my watering hole....unless you take it as I'm literally drinking water.I would recommend this to a friend.
- they charged me an extra fiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013they charged me an extra five dollars to split a salad, which I thought was highway robbery, they should have asked me if we wanted it split in the kitchen.
- Never againMimiDined on 8/16/2013My husband and I went there for a "date night" - after an absence from what used to be one of our "regular places." But this time, the inside of the restaurant was so loud that we moved outside, where it was a little quieter. But the legs on the chairs were so short I felt like a six year old - without a booster seat. We BOTH ended up having to switch chairs with neighboring tables. Finally, the wait person (appropriately named) showed up and we ordered. My husband's "starter" flatbread pizza came out, while I (starving) was served neither the salad nor the two sides I ordered. Once we finally flagged down our wait person, they were brought out fairly quickly, and were very good. But by that time, my OPAH experience was ruined.
- Great food, great serviceBillSDined on 8/16/2013Everything you expect from OPAH and more in that it is a very nice atmosphere for being in a strip mall. Go there. Eat.Special Features:
- Opah IrvineEpicureanDined on 8/15/2013We had the candied salmon and crab cake for lunch. Always fresh and flavorful in generous portions. The service was attentive and prompt. Outdoor seating area is wonderful and breezy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConfusedAbc123Dined on 8/2/2013This restaurant has always been highly recommended and we were excited to go. It was very expensive. Our server was great once we got one. We had to ask for one. I didn't realize it was almost exclusively seafood. I don't eat seafood. My friends did. The food was ok. The service was very rushed. The noise level was very high. I guess it just wasn't my kind of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood upscaleamberocDined on 7/27/2013always expecting more from the fish dishes at their high prices. risotto was recommended by waitress, but too cheesy. long green beans in a tiny square dish totally awkward to eat. salmon sauce lacking. Best thing, we decided to get dessert, and the warm chocolate cake with ice cream was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and appetizers,PeterVIPDined on 7/26/2013Good food and appetizers, but primarily keyed toward a happy hour crowd, it gets really noisy if you're sitting inside. Loud enough to make it difficult to hold conversations with people across the table. If you go early though, the sweet potatoe chips, the bacon wrapped dates, fish n' chips, and the seafood salad are all excellent dishes. We would recommend the place if you go early and want to have an enjoyable dinner, if you want to go for drinks, food and fun times then go anything after 6:00 PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening outDineOutOftenDined on 7/17/2013Shrimp and grits is delicious. Fish and chips was ok as portions were small, and the shoestring fries were soggy. The bar was really loud on a Wednesday evening around 7 pm. Fortunately we were seated away from the bar area. Nice play to have dinner if you want a change of scene from the usual.Special Features:
- I went here for my B-day -OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2013I went here for my B-day - GREAT experience. Highly recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Sons and I love it.antaresVIPDined on 7/8/2013We go all the time and I love the oysters and prosecco and the boys love the Ahi. The shrimp grapefruit salad is wonderful. Only downside is that it is really noisy. Hard to hear conversations unless you sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After reading reviews of OPAHBillVIPDined on 7/5/2013After reading reviews of OPAH Seafood Grill - Irvine we expected an excellent seafood dinner. What we received was mediocre. While the service was very good, and the presentation was good, the quality of the food was only average. The swordfish was neither juicy nor flakey. The jasmine rice and butternut squash risotto were both rather mediocre. [The Maui onion soap on the other hand was excellent.] I doubt we will return.
- Best upscale casual in OC!!SilkyVIPDined on 6/28/2013We LOVE this place! In OC's sea of casual dining chain restaurants, Opah is unique. Food is always VERY GOOD! The service is genuine and exceptional. Ask for Deanna. She's our favorite! The bar scene is hip and fun - a great divorcee / cougar scene!! Very fun! Also... Interestingly... Our kids love this place too (but in the dining room.... No need to overwhelm them with the cougar/MILF crowd!!). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opah's food was good & theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/18/2013Opah's food was good & the service friendly, helpful, & professional. One can sit either inside or on the patio but the noise level is high in both areas. Cocktails are always a feature at the various Opah restaurants & the wine list is adequate. For a friendly, casual meal with friends Opah fill the need well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wine prices are very expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2013The wine prices are very expensive. I would bring your own and pay the corkage.I would recommend this to a friend.