OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo
26851 Aliso Creek Road # C
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://opahrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9493608822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday - Monday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Marc Cohen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Thursday through Saturday nights.
A word from OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo
At Opah Restaurant & Bar, we serve the finest fresh fish in Orange County. Carefully hand selected each day to deliver the best quality available. Come in and enjoy the menu created by Marc A. Cohen, One of the Best Chef's in Orange County. The menu is exquisite, featuring edible works of art, that look so good the could be on a magazine cover. Dont forget to try one of our signature Award Winning Martinis, or have some wine outside near the fireplace on the patio. We offer live music for our patrons on certain nights as well to add to the dining experience. If you wondering how we came up with the name Opah. It comes from the Hawaiian word for Moonfish, which was once viewed as Good Luck by fisherman, & often given away as a gesture of Good Will.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo - Best Restaurants in Aliso Viejo ›
OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (39)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (20)special occasion (20)great for brunch (14)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Yummy AgainSuesFabFindsDined on 9/13/2014Opah is great every time we go. Memorable appetizers like prosciutto wrapped shrimp, crab cakes and then the entree of fresh salmon so very good!!!!Special Features:
- Never again.JedirabbiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Things seemed fine with the soup and salad however when we didn't have the entrees a half hour later we thought something might be wrong. Finally they came, mine a cheeseburger; no ketchup or any dressing at all. That took another 5 minutes. I took a bite and it was RAW! Totally raw inside! By the time it came it back it had no cheese and my wife was already done. We sat down at 7:30 and it was now 9:00! For a cup of soup and a cheeseburger! The waiter and the manager acted like it was no big deal. This experience was completely unacceptable on every level and my last. Thank you so much for a terrible evening.
- kateDined on 9/5/2014It was our first visit to the restaurant and the food was very good. Our server was friendly and she checked on us many times. My husband had the lamb chops which were delicious and I had the halibut. It was nice to be able to walk from the restaurant to the movies! We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014I came here for lunch with my friend. Food was great but service was just OK. The server should have paid more attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking in consistency latelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014We've experienced hit or miss quality with this restaurant lately. On our latest visit a couple of the items were over cooked and not very palatable. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, but the kitchen needs to get things right on the first attempt.Special Features:
- Bit of a fluctuationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We are frequent guests at OPAH and always recommend. Had a bit of a 'foodie' letdown Sunday, things just weren't up to par. Chalk it up to a different chef, things just didn't have depth of taste...and it didn't help that the weather didn't cooperate with oysters, which were unavailable and off the menu, despite our high hopes. However, we had a wonderful server named Karen, who was simply professional, timing our orders to perfection without fuss. I didn't get the assistant's name, an energetic thin man, who was as charming and attentive as one could wish.Special Features:
- Enjoyed!FairVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had dinner with our daughter. Food and service were both great. We will return!Special Features:
- thistle14Dined on 8/16/2014Disappointing visit to one of my favorite spots. The food tasted as if it had been sitting waiting for me for 30 minutes, and the tables are so close together that we entertained both couples on either side with our conversation. From the time we were seated until we left it took 30 minutes. I felt I was in a fast food restaurant.Special Features:
- Awesome as usualJMcNeilDined on 8/8/2014My sister and I meet here a few times a year for lunch - we meet half way between Los Angeles and San Diego (sort of). Anyway, we love this restaurant - it never disappoints. Great food, great service. Look forward to our next girls' day out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this placekatyDined on 7/26/2014Food is good, price is little bit high for the small portions...but is ok.Special Features:
- Love this placewinston949Dined on 7/24/2014I have been going to Opah's for many years now. Normally for lunch the outdoor dining space is very nice. The lunch menu is great. This last visit I went with a friend for dinner. I tried the special and found the fish was a little dry and so were the potatoes. I normally consider the food here outstanding. The hors' dvours we had were amazing. I think the dinner special was just an exception and not the norm. I will definitely continue to returnSpecial Features:
- RoscoeVIPDined on 7/24/2014Opah always a winner. food and service excellent. never had anything I didn't thoroughly enjoy. staff makes you feel comfortable and appreciated. I highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Upscale food relaxed atmosphereJburgartVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is a great restaurant with upscale food and a relaxed atmosphere. Price is reasonable and service is excellent in our experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halibut Fish & Chips - YUMChicagogirl92VIPDined on 7/19/2014Second time back to this great little place. And we ordered the exact same thing. It was excellent. Service awesome. We'll will be back and we promise to order something different :-)Special Features:
- Consistently excellentDealmkrDined on 7/18/2014OPaH's never disappoints. Large, varied menu, almost everyone can find an item they like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brie Fondue YummySkipVickiVIPDined on 7/13/2014If you're looking for an appetizer that is sure to please, try the brief time do with the cinnamon sugar toast. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodMandAVIPDined on 7/12/2014The service was good. We had mojitos, beet salad, slamon BLT and crab cake sandwich. The beet salad was a stand out. The BLT had a HUGE hunk of bacon that rendered it unfit for the sandwich. Nevertheless, the sandwich was good without it.Special Features:
- FOOD IS SUBLIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We are frequent diners at Watermark in Laguna Beach and know the culinary expertise of Mark Cohen and his staff. This was our first visit to Opah in Aliso Viejo and it was beyond expectations. We 3 are foodies and know a bit about preparation and taste. Some of the best scallops over risotto ever!!! And we are Italian and know risotto and great food. Bravo and brava to all.Special Features:
- Great meal!rickyeatswellDined on 6/30/2014The white salmon special was incredible, completely fulfilling the buildup given by our gracious and capable server. House wines were excellent (I had the cab and my wife the merlot). We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinnerChicagogirl92VIPDined on 6/27/2014Halibut fish & chips were excellent. Beet salad very good. Atmosphere awesome. Server was great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off NightShareDined on 6/26/2014We had eaten at Opah's for several years and enjoyed it. I choose this restaurant for my birthday dinner. My husband and I both ordered salads. The seafood salad had no taste. The crab tasted dry and old. The beef salad was unimpressive. Only a few ingredients. It was missing something. The server brought our check without asking us if we wanted desert. Also Opah's called our cell phone to ask if we were going to make our reservations. We had been sitting on their patio for 20 minutes.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014The Mahi Mahi special was perfectly prepared -- definitely worth the price! It's a bit noisy, which was fine because I brought a noisy child.Special Features:
- FoodGreeneyedladyDined on 6/15/2014I've been to Opah a couple of times and the food was tastier than my last visit. Fish was tough and too sweet. The description wasn't very clear and I probably wouldn't have ordered it. However, all in all, I would go back. Nice ambience.Special Features:
- Nice but somewhat slow service...Jinga34VIPDined on 6/15/2014Our server was very nice but I think he was hampered by a very slow kitchen and not so helpful bus boys. Not a huge deal as we enjoyed hanging out but don't expect fast service. If you're picky, you'll have to deal with things such as having to ask for a knife to cut your food, having to ask for sweetener and cream because they don't come out with your coffee/tea, the heater may or may not work on the patio, etc. Still a pleasant experience and the food is good.Special Features:
- horseshoemacDined on 6/15/2014The food was wonderful. Although my wife thought the swordfish somewhat dry. The bacon wraped dates and the sweetpotato tower was very good. Yes I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good great serviceluvitVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great fun easy parking Fun for kids. Great bar Good for large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service, but...doncrDined on 6/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and had really great food and service. Unfortunately, it probably wasn't the best choice for a romantic evening. The noise level was "energetic"--good for the bar scene but not for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opah in Aliso ViejothegoodchefDined on 6/6/2014Great food, good service, casual, friendly and relaxed atmosphere...easy access...from 73 toll road. Perfect for dinner before or after the movie at Aliso Viejo Town Center...a happy, short walk to the theatre. Ahi appetizer and crabcakes...amazing. Try a Moscow Mule from the bar, really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food quality decliningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014I was practically screaming to be heard over the music. My wife complained that her favorite beet salad was very salty this time. The halibut she always orders didn't have the flavor or flaky texture it usually has and this time the hazelnut crust looked more like a batter found on frozen fish sticks. The potato mash the fish rested on was very thick and sticky as though it had been under a heat lamp too long. My grouper was cooked perfectly but lacked flavor and the salsa it came with was so heavy in onion it overpowered the other ingredients. My ample serving of haricot vert were cooked perfectly and turned out to be the best part of the dinner. We left before after dinner dessert or drinks...bad atmosphere to digest our meal.
- Best SeafoodGFamilyDined on 5/29/2014Wow...what a surprise. Best clam chowder around. I was also very happy with the quality of fresh seafood dishes and how well they were cooked& presented. This is a gem of a restaurant. Nothing else compares to it in the area.Special Features:
- dcpDCPKobeFanDined on 5/22/2014One of my favorite "go to" places in Aliso Viejo. Sad the Irvine location closed. It was close to home. Was wonderful to have locations close to both work and home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 357 reviews are from the OPAH Restaurant & Bar @ Town Center Aliso Viejo reviews archive.
- Lunch at OpahopticalDined on 5/21/2014I've been to the restaurant a number of times in the evening. This was my first time trying their lunch menu. There were great choices and the food quality was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamsr1529Dined on 5/17/2014Reservations were honored. Outdoor seating was comfortable, but noisy when full. Wedge salads were generous and well done. Seafood salad was full of shrimp and very good. Waiter was nice , but missing for long periods. Will try them again for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great fooddollDined on 5/9/2014By now I think I have tried most of the items on the menu. This time I ordered Rotisserie chicken. It was very good. Very tasty and not dry. My dinner companions ordered trout and halibut and they loved it. It was their first time at Opah and they told me they would definitely return. The table next to us ordered clams. Normally, by then I would smell something fishy with trout, halibut and clams in close proximity. This time, I did NOT smell anything fishy AT ALL!!! that's what a good seafood restaurant should strife for. Then maybe I can start ordering seafood. The service was excellent. She checked on us constantly but not being intrusive. The warm bread and sundried tomatoe spread were good. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedDon1Dined on 5/2/2014It was good to get back to Opah. You never go away hungry. The fish and chips are outstanding, and my girlfriend was looking forward to the seafood salad and she was not disappointed. I had the macadamia crusted mahi mahi and it was very good. We brought our own wine and they charged a $15.00 corkage, which was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotocfoodieDined on 4/23/2014The food is consistently good, service is great, nice upscale place to take a client to lunch. They have some outdoor seating which is nice, however keep in mind it is on a high traffic driveway parking area for the strip mall it is in. All in all this is one of the nicer places to go in Aliso Viejo.Special Features:
- First time hereCFNOBISDined on 4/20/2014Took my wife and mother here for Easter dinner. Had the Haiibut and it was wonderful. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!FranchescaDined on 4/17/2014We took a friend out for his birthday -- and the experience was fantastic! Food was excellent and service even better. It was much more crowded than I'd expected, though. And even though we were seated at the edge table (because I'd requested a "relatively quiet" location because one of us is hard of hearing), it was still quite noisy. Not enough to remove a star, though.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2014The food us overpriced for a suburban "high-end" restaurant. Nothing great to speak of - won't return Nothing terrible to say either. The only good thing was the butternut squash risotto - aside from that, definitely not fit for a foodie.Special Features:
- RobertDined on 4/14/2014Great place for dinner with friends. We throughly enjoy the sweet potato tower. The Opah fish was wonderful with a beautiful presentation. The portion size was much later than we had expected. Delicious!!!Special Features: