1S130 Summit Ave
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oparestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6306207700x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Greek
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Opa Estiatorio
OPA Estiatorio is the new hip Greek restaurant in Oakbrook Terrace!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Opa Estiatorio reviews from OpenTable diners
- Closed on Mother's DayElizabethDined on 5/11/2014I was very excited to dine with a party of 7 people at Opa Estriatorio on Mother's Day. When I booked the reservation via OpenTable, there was even a special "Join us for Mother's Day!" greeting for this particular restaurant. My Mom absolutely loves Greek cuisine and our whole party was looking forward to this special occasion. Very unfortunately, when we arrived at Opa Estriatorio in 4 separate cars, as we were all coming from different locations, we were shocked and extremely disappointed to find that Opa Estriatorio was closed and their phone number had been "temporarily" disconnected. We were all upset by the lack of communication between either the restaurant itself, or OpenTable and us.
- Our Mother's Day Dinner was ruinedJazzJoyDined on 5/11/2014My family had to change our plans at the last minute because the restaurant was closed for remodeling. It would have been nice to have been warned so we could have made other arrangements. Your site should research these restaurants to make sure they are open and accepting customers! It's not fair that I have to give a rating when I didn't have any service!Special Features:
- such a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014We made reservations for Mothers day. We surprised our mom and dad and said we were going out for lunch for mothers day. Upon arriving to the restaurant we were dissapointed to find that there was a sign on the door stating that it was closed for remodeling. How is it even possible that I can make a reservation for a place and it be accepted and then have that happen??? Such a disappointment. We then had to scramble and look for somewhere else to eat without a reservation on mothers day at 1:30...you can imagine how that went!Special Features:
- corkieVIPDined on 5/10/2014I had reservations the day before at this restaurant only to arrive and find it all sealed up. It is supposedly closed for "redecoration". Since it is open less than a year, I am assuming that it is closed permanently. Yesterday, 4 of us had to scramble to find another place to eat. Nothing is really nearby. On Saturday, I made reservations at another venue on Friday. It would be nice if somehow, Open Table could be made aware of these closings and alert the people who use it. This is the second time it has happened to me. Both times, the restaurants were not close to my house.
- corkieVIPDined on 5/9/2014WHAT A SHOCK!!!! We had reservations for Friday, the 9th of May at this restaurant. My friend and I and our daughters go out for Mother's Day every year. This place is closed.....no warning, just all closed "for decorating". Since it just opened, I have to believe that it is just closed..period.Special Features:
- Great food, nice serviceDoraDined on 5/3/2014Nice place, the food was good , the service excellent We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OPA-Excellent Excellent, Excellent!Dining4funVIPDined on 4/27/2014My husband and I met my sister and her husband for dinner Sunday night. New, fresh, and inviting ambience. We were seated by the modern fireplace. EVERYTHING was perfect- from the service to the food... appetizers, drinks, main dishes, and combo dessert platter with coffee. Relaxed atmosphere. Waitress was wonderful- very attentive, but not overbearing... allowed us to stay late and enjoy the food and company! We started with appetizers- spanikopita and saganaki along with martinis and a bottle of wine to share with the table. My sister had the gyros plate and it was not only yummy, but huge. I had the combination skirt steak and lamb- cooked perfectly, moist, and, again huge portion. Would definitely highly recommend! GEM!Special Features:
- Helpful wait staffSKozxDined on 4/26/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine list and menu and suggested the perfect wine to our tasteSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dining, Ambiance&ServicetvnurseVIPDined on 4/24/2014This is my second visit. The thin Colorado lamb chops are the best ever! The salmon with tomatoes etc as a stuffing was great. The mixed grill plate was also tasty. The entertainment was great too. Vito Zatto is a great singer and comedian.Special Features:
- Greek EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014We've eaten in this restaurant before, always enjoying the food. We made Easter reservations and were unaware that only items on the special Easter menu were available that day. We inquired about ordering off the main menu and were told it was not available that day. Needless to say we were disappointed. My husband's family, who is Greek, was not thrilled with the choice of entrees. We ended up settling for menu items we really did not want -- or particularly enjoy. During normal times this restaurant is really good. The food is delicious and the service very attentive. I don't want people to make a choice to not try this restaurant based on one negative experience over a holiday. They would be missing out on a great experience.
- Outstanding Food and Servicehappy1Dined on 4/19/2014Food was delicious and plentiful. One of us had the Salmon special that was stuffed with spinach and feta cheese. That dish was absolutely delicious. The other dish was a combination plate of skirt steak and thin cut lamb chops. Huge portion and also delicious. Service was great. Everyone at the restaurant was friendly and made you feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Great Greek FoodSealoverDined on 4/12/2014We loved what we ordered and enjoyed our evening ar Opa.Special Features:
- This was our second time there....trichDined on 4/11/2014This was our second time there....the food is fantastic and the atmosphere peaceful. Server was attentive and informative.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Really enjoyed our dinner there with 7 members of our family, appetizers and entrees were delicious and our waiter was wonderful, excellent service! The skirt steak was the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- An awesome find!MoemoeloverDined on 4/5/2014Made this reservation based on reviews. When we arrived the outside made us a little unsure but we decided to still go in. The inside is adorable with a fireplace & a great cozy atmosphere! But the food was absolutely amazing! Have been going to Greek town in the city for years and this was truly one of the best Greek meals we have had! Great service & will certainly be going back! Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic!!SherrydVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time we had ever been here and would absolutely return again! Best Greek food ever -- far better than Greek Isles! Had grilled octopus and Saganaki -- to die for! The spinach pie, fabulous! Not too dry, very flavorful. The rose Roditi's -- didn't taste like any Roditi's we had ever had, very palatable. And then -- the Baklava! No better! It was so good, we actually bought a piece to take home!Special Features:
- Great new decor and menufrancescafanVIPDined on 3/29/2014food and service were excellent. Great vibe in restaurant too. Definitely felt like I was in the Mediterranean!!Special Features:
- Great seafood Greek styleskidocVIPDined on 3/29/2014What a find. The place has excellent greek food. Saganaki, Dolmades, Hummus, Greek salad. The grilled octopus is fantastic. Grilled Mediterrean seabass is phenomenal. Just like Greece. Service is friendly 4.5. We had a huge group. May have stressed our waiter a bit. He did a fine job. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableGolfskiDined on 3/29/2014The room is pleasant ,and comfortable. It has traditional Greek restaurant ambience . The appetizer portions were good, and fairly priced. This allowed our group of four to sample four appetizers. The main course was very good with table side deboning of two types of sea bass. Service was prompt, but respectful, allowing us to have a leisurely meal at our pace. We will add this to our list of places to go for a good tasting comfortable meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time AroundSimonDined on 3/29/2014As the title indicated we've enjoyed the great food, service, and atmosphere three times now. The staff is friendly and their recommendations have been spot on. Everything is reasonably priced and there's a great bar for both before and after dinner. We will be back and strongly recommend you give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was such a very wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2014It was such a very wonderful experience all around The food was excellent from the appetizers thru dessert The service was awesome we had the BEST waiter his name is Donald he was knowledgeable courteous friendly Just wonderful also the manager & sorry that I don't remember his name but it was the server along with Donald I definitely wil return & give this restaurant the highest ratings .....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and great food!LAL2014VIPDined on 3/22/2014Everything was great about our dining experience at this establishment. The servers and managers were great, food was very tasty, and we will be back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/22/2014My friend, who usually does not like Greek food, said his Greek chicken was the best chicken he had ever had. It was served piping hot and was delicious! My meal came & was not as I anticipated it, based on the menu description. I felt bad about sending it back, but our waiter insisted on getting me something else that would be more to my liking. He very quickly removed my plate and brought me a delicious substitute, without blinking an eye! We would definitely go back to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - bad location!ViolaladyVIPDined on 3/16/2014We were at Oakbrook mall and all the restaurants were overflowing, so I pulled out my Open Table app. Good thing this restaurant was listed because we never in a million years would have found it. Located on a side road it is definitely a destination eat. Food is passable classic Greek food - although my moussaka had almost raw eggplant - not sure if they wanted the eggplant more chewy than normal because everything else was well cooked. Saganaki was served with a pool of liquid but was tasty. The side dish of sauteed veggies was wonderful. Fish roe appetizer had the taste but no appearance of fish roe - it looked like tzatziki sauce. Despite these flaws food was tasty and priced well. Worth a trip if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the pick 2 choice fornotpickyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Loved the pick 2 choice for trying 2 different menu items. Very reasonably priced and food and service both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainment, VitotvnurseVIPDined on 3/14/2014Vito Zatto performed songs and comedy...Best entrée small lamb chop-s were succulaent.Special Features:
- Very attentive wait staffEjm5Dined on 3/8/2014Food was very good and the waitstaff couldn't have been more attentive or accommodating. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food and serviceTarheelborn1VIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Opa and will be back for sure. Our waiter was delightful and the food was outstanding. If you are looking for really good Greek food in the western suburbs you need to try this place.Special Features:
- Our entire dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Our entire dining experience was very enjoyable. The room was nicely lit, white table cloths, the owner of the restaurant checked in with us several times to make certain that everything was alright. From beginning to end, a truly enjoyable experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatMPG1VIPDined on 2/22/2014I work in the heart of Greektown in the city so am spoiled, but that is the standard and Opa does not quite measure up. Being in the burbs near our home, however, makes this much more appealing from a convenience perspective. We'd go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a tryChicagoHockeyEpicureanDined on 2/22/2014A group of 7 went for dinner. We left plenty of time for a meal before our show at the nearby Drury Lane theater. But because some signature dishes (like Athenian chicken) take a long time, we ended up very rushed. The food was very good. But there were issues with service. The menu could offer better descriptions of how dishes are prepared. But our waiter was not able to explain how some of the fish dishes differed other than telling us which one he liked better. There are two chickens. One takes 25 mins. But what makes them different? We never found out. OPA! has a great feel to it and serves good food. It has a beautiful dining room and offers very warm hospitality. Despite a bad experience with a server, I still would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and tastySamiDined on 2/15/2014Although the place was busy (limited parking and 20 min wait for the table), the staff was very friendly and the food was tasty. Despite the heavy crowd it was still organized well to engage in conversation. Recommended for Greek food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014We have dined here on several occasions. The food is always good. The atmosphere is good. The service can be great or average. This night it was average.
- great greek not in greektownpatrickd9Dined on 2/14/2014The menu was just what you find in Greektown. Food was just a notch better. Portions were good. Service very good and not rushed. Would recommend the pick two choice on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very fresh, authentic,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Food was very fresh, authentic, and delicious Wait staff is very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Try!luveatnoutDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant experience was enjoyable from the moment we walked in. The staff is very friendly. We were seated near the fireplace which was wonderful on this cold winter night. The service was exceptional, the cocktails enjoyable, and the food was delicious from appetizer to dessert. Very authentic Greek food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningPattiDined on 1/25/2014All was very good. The lamb was too well done the waiter took it back offered another one , instead took it off the check and gave us free desserts for the problem.. We enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Old Meets NewMaryrDined on 1/24/2014Old world flavors meets new time charm is how I would describe Opa Estiatorio. This modern day beauty has a modern newly built dining room but brings the old world comfort in their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightFoodieDined on 1/18/2014Food was wonderful. I typically don't like lamb but my boyfriend ordered the lamb, I tried it, delicious! I ordered the Athenian chicken and that was just as fantastic. We also ordered a bottle of wine per the recommendation of our server and he did not stear us wrong! For such great food and a bottle of wine, with an appetizer, we were expecting a much larger bill than what we got. Fantastic food for a great price. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Authentic Greek Food in ChicagchifoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014While I'm not greek, I spent 12 years living in Greece, and I've visited almost every known Greek restaurant in Chicago. I've been to Opa Estiatorio with my family, my friends, and taken people there for business dinners and lunches.... its the best greek food in Chicago, and authentic as well. Everything we've had has been delicious and well prepared. The service is always friendly and the waiters are great at providing recommendations, especially if they have something fresh that's come in and tasting exceptionally well. Can't say enough good things. I'm a raving fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.