6100 College Blvd
Overland Park, KS 66211Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.op1906.com/
- Phone: (913) 253-1906
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Matt Moss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-premise catering is offered through the Sheraton Hotel"s catering department.
- Private Party Facilities: Versatile and beautiful meeting rooms and ballrooms with dedicated banquet, culinary and audiovisual staff on site.
- Private Party Contact: Mrs. Kelly Kirby 9132342100x
A word from OP 1906
Located on the lobby level of the beautiful Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, OP1906 offers breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week. Breakfast is highlighted by our breakfast table offering made to order omelets and heart healthy fare. Lunch offers an array of salads, sandwiches & entrees. Dinner offers a selection of creative appetizers, steaks and seafood, salads and sandwiches sure to please anyone’s appetite. Also, we offer a list of desserts made in-house. A Prime Rib Buffet is offered from 5:30pm to 10:00pm on the 2nd Saturday of every month at an attractive price point. The adjoining bar offers daily Happy Hour specials in a relaxing environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OP 1906 reviews from OpenTable diners
- EntertainmentEntertainmentVIPDined on 11/8/2014It was nice relaxing evening. Good food. Prime rib buffet every 2nd Saturday of every month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricednickdubDined on 9/5/2014We didn't realize the restaraunt was in the Sheraton Hotel and there's no signage outside the hotel for the restaurant, so it took us a little while to figure it out. The food was good, but well overpriced for what it was. It wasn't really what we were looking for in a sense of ambiance, either. You felt like you were in a hotel, which is strange because it is separated nicely from the lobby. Good restaurant if you're staying at th Sheraton, but I wouldn't recommend making a trip to visit it.
- Heidi the Best RecepitonistHeidiDined on 7/15/2014Our office was looking for a quiet gathering place to meet with clients briefly before the event we are hosting. We found OP 1906 was a convenient location, nice atmosphere and had the amenities of food and beverage we were looking for. The staff was professional and uniformed (easily identifiable). OP 1906 is a hit for our client gathering this fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding for Mothers DayOPDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful brunch, great/huge selection. Huge ballroom, slightly slow service, but they were helpful and apologetic when we flagged them down. An overall delightful experience. The whole fam is already looking forward to next Mother's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Mothers Day Brunch!momcelebratedDined on 5/11/2014I made last-minute reservations for mothers day at OP 1906 not knowing what to expect from dining at a hotel restaurant. We walked in and were BLOWN AWAY! This special brunch was set up in the ballroom. It had beautiful ice sculptures, an amazing buffet with delicious food, and a special dessert table with a chocolate fountain. They even had a kids buffet set up at their level with all their favorite food and an ice cream bar. Amazing! The staff was so nice and it was well organized. We are going to make it an annual event.Special Features:
- Wonderful Easter BrunchksokieDined on 4/20/2014We went to the Sheraton, where OP 1906 is, for their Easter Brunch after church. We live on the opposite side of the city, but met a friend who lived nearby. The buffet was great and definitely worth the price. A large variety of food - breakfast (some made to order), several salads, variety of seafood and fish, carving for lamp, pork, beef, nice selection of sides, and exquisite desserts. Nice and friendly servers. We will go there again and try the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bloody MarysKristineDined on 3/29/2014We had the breakfast buffet.... Made to Order omlets!!! Lots of yummy fruit. It was a very nice place!! Bloody Mary's were well made too. Definite repeat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night buffetFamFunDined on 3/22/2014The food on the prime rib buffet was absolutely marvelous. However, they needed to station wait staff on the meat station at the very beginning of their serving time. Customers had to have wait staff track down carvers--an experience which definitely detracted from the dining experience. Worth it, however.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food, Too QuietTeddyCDined on 2/22/2014I thought the food here was INCREDIBLE, however I do not know if I would go back due to the awkward atmosphere. First off, it was a Saturday night, and I think there were only 2 other tables with people so that was a little strange. Second, the bright lights were still on at 7:00. I thought that was also strange as it was 7:00 and my friends and I felt the lights should have been much dimmer (very BRIGHT white lights were on). Lastly, there was no music or any background noise which also made my friends and I felt like we needed to keep our voices down as to not disturb the other tables. Howerver, like I said, the food was AMAZING, and I would possibly order it to go if I wanted that food again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious prime ribhusker93Dined on 2/15/2014this is a great place to get delicious prime rib for a great price. We have been here a few times and still choose to have the prime rib buffet ourselves. others in our group have chosen items off the menu and said they are delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Surprise!ChristineVIPDined on 2/14/2014I had never heard of OP 1096, but it was the only place still taking reservations for Valentine's Day, so we decided to try it. The server was friendly and attentive, really perfect for a special night. The food was FABulous! I would describe it as comfort food with flair. The items on the menu appeared to be ordinary - shrimp and grits appetizer, kale salad, halibut - but the presentation, the sauces, and garnishes made the meal extraordinary. Oh, and the dessert... a sweet croissant served french toast style covered in warm apples and powdered sugar - heavenly. This was a special menu for V Day, but I looked at the regular menu - fried chicken, chicken fried steak, filet. I only hope the chef adds the same flair to these ordinary dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Valentine's Day TraditionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I live in the Kansas City area and we've been going out to dinner at OP 1906 on Valentine's Day for years. It's nicely upscale for a hotel restaurant, and we've never had a bad meal there. Our only complaint is that some of the 2-seat tables are so close together that it can be difficult to have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife & I celebrated Valentine's Day here. We found the food and service to be excellent. The fried chicken was flavorful & wonderfully crispy. The pork belly Carbonara was just perfect. Our server was attentive and courteous. He suggested the hummus appetizer which we both enjoyed. When we discovered the wine my wife asked for was unavailable, he suggested a Riesling that was a nice pairing with our meal. I look forward to taking friends there for a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodRyanDined on 11/30/2013My wife and I really liked this restaurant. It had good food and great service! The only think I disliked was that I didn't do my research to know it was in the Sheraton and it was a little confusing. Overall great pickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, for Quiet DinnerDallasDined on 11/28/2013Went here on Thanksgiving Dinner. Ordered off menu. Soup was best, snapper was just ok. Appetizers overpriced for portion. Service was good. Pricey for poritons. 2 people, water, appetizer, soups, 1 entree each was $75. Good option during busy shopping time where other restaurants backed since hotels tend to be less busy. But wouldn't make special trip on other days if you have other options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a TwistMKAYDined on 11/28/2013We decided to try OP 1906 for Thanksgiving dinner and unlike most restaurants you could either have their special set menu or order off their regular dinner menu which suited our party perfectly. The Thanksgihing Dinner was delicious. The turkey was cooked to perfection and the dressing with andouille sausage was wonderful. I had pumpkin pie for dessert with cinnamon whipped cream which was great. It was a great evening and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food QualityOPfoodieDined on 10/12/2013and exceptional service. Makes the perfect place to enjoy a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of hard-earned money...OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/1/2013First off, the waitress was the worst we have ever had. Not because of mistakes or poor attitude. She was trying too hard to be our best friend, kept calling my wife, "good lady". When we ordered the spring rolls (which weren't bad), she suggested every dish over $20 as the "perfect entree to go with that appetizer." Her grammar was atrocious and she barely left us alone for more than 5 mins. She asked me how my lamb burger was, even though I had obviously not taken a single bite. If she would have nervous or a trainee, I could have easily overlooked the awkwardness. However, like many who are incompetent, she was oblivious to our discomfort. Also, the coconut shrimp and pasta that my wife ordered was over-cooked and had no coconut
- service was great - seafood notOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013My husband made dinner reservations to celebrate the night before mother's day. I wanted seafood, he checked out the menu on open table, and thought it looked good. He had the prime rib, which he said was great. Good value for all you can eat Saturday night. I don't eat beef so I had the sea bass and linguine. The fish was very overcooked, so much so that I needed a knife to cut the outer portion. I should have sent it back but I just didn't want to spoil the relaxing evening we were having so I tore it open and ate the inside. We may go back, but not certain, unless my husband wants the prime rib again. I would have to try something else. The service on the other hand was excellent and the staff was very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to OP1906 for theDinnerloverVIPDined on 1/26/2013We went to OP1906 for the first time during restaurant week for dinner. It was very quiet and when we got there we were one of about 3 tables in the whole dining room yet our service was lacking. The server was very friendly but never got us refills of our drinks besides water during the whole dinner and was never around to ask for anything else besides when he was dropping off food. Then we realized why because at the end there was an 18% gratuity added on to the bill. The food was pretty good but everything tasted like it had a lot of salt and nothing blew us out of the water. We probably won't go back just because there are so many wonderful restaurants in KC we have yet to try.
- Great for Sunday Brunch!noneVIPDined on 1/20/2013This Sunday Brunch is one of the best kept secrets -- too bad more locals don't know about it. Food and service are always excellent and the price is reasonable.Special Features:
- If you are staying in OverlandBrianVIPDined on 1/6/2013If you are staying in Overland Park, and want a good meal, even late in the evening, this is the right choice. It is a very wide menu, and the food is "good enough." Service is unbelievably friendly and helpful, and the ambiance, like the food, is good enough. Certainly not a destination restaurant, but the best choice for a wide menu of choices in the area.
- We sat outside, which I don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2012We sat outside, which I don't think is typical, but it was beautiful. I loved all of the healthy options available. There were several great quinoa dishes!Special Features:
- This was absolutely the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012This was absolutely the perfect Easter brunch for my family! Food was fantastic and kids buffet was a hit with my daughter! Very well done!!!Special Features:
- I made a reservation for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012I made a reservation for Easter Brunch. There was no indication that the Brunch would not be in the restaurant. We got there and were directed to the ballroom. The price was very high - out of the range indicated for the restuarant. Because we had a large party there was a gratuity added of 18%. For a buffet where the service was horrible - couldn't get drinks, plates not cleared - this was not warranted. The food was delicious, but there should have been some indication that even though I was making a reservation at a restuatrant, we would not be eating in the restaurant, but instead in a giant ballroom with bad service and high prices.
- The Saturday night prime ribflwrpeepVIPDined on 4/7/2012The Saturday night prime rib buffet at $19.06 is a great bargain.
- For a hotel this was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2012For a hotel this was great fun and pleasant place to dineSpecial Features:
- Not worth the time or money.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2012Not worth the time or money. Limited menu selection and inexperienced wait staff. Not worth a return trip unless major changes and improvement.
- We arrived Saturday at 6:30FrancjueDined on 1/28/2012We arrived Saturday at 6:30 p.m. and left around 7:45 p.m. We were one of four couples to dine in the restaurant. It was understandably quiet. Wait staff were courteous and speedy. We selected items from the KC Restaurant Week menu. Everything except the short rib was good. It just had too much sodium in the recipe.Special Features:
- Went there for lunch lastOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/22/2012Went there for lunch last Sunday during KC restaurant week and the food was delicious. We had the restaurant all to ourselves. I was surprised at the previously subpar reviews, as we had a wonderful time at OP 1906. Would definitely go there again.
- Appathy and IndifferenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/19/2011This place is just going downhill. You rarely see anyone in there. The menu hasn't changed in the last 2 years. The guy who runs the restaurant is clearly just being lazy and not even trying. It's too bad because the venue is really cool and it's easy to get in and out quickly. We've instructed our assistant to stop scheduling meals there.
- Meh.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2011I had seen good reviews of OP 1906, but our experience was just mediocre. The food was not bad, but the service seemed detached and non existent. There also was no one else in the restaurant, this might have been because we got there right when it opened. For what the menu price was ~$20 a person I would have been a little disappointed if we had not had a buy one get one entree...
- Hidden GenOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2011Pleasantly surprised when we decided to try this local restaurant. Despite it being in a hotel, the outdoor patio was wonderful. There was a nice bar, good urban landscape/views and comfortable seating. The menu was balanced with smaller plates and salads, burgers and tasty entree options, at reasonable prices. Wine pours were generous with a decent selection. It seems to be undiscovered gem. I can't judge the interior restaurant, but the outdoor patio was perfect. It could be more lively than it is, and probably will be when word spreads. At the moment, it's a quiet place for a very pleasant outdoor meal.Special Features:
- Great place to have a drink...checkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2011Great place to have a drink...check out the patio!!Special Features:
- my client and I at out onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2011my client and I at out on th enew Patio and it was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Our party got the prime ribRedQueenVIPDined on 5/28/2011Our party got the prime rib buffet, but the attendant was apparently very busy, because diners had to ask their server to go get him each time they wanted another piece.
- This was their special MothersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2011This was their special Mothers Day Brunch, in the hotel ballroom. Great food!Special Features:
- I agree, it's the best businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2011I agree, it's the best business lunch in Overland Park and probably in all of JoCo!
- Best spot for a lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/21/2011Best spot for a lunch meeting that we've found yet. Free valet parking up front and quiet enough to have a private, meaningful conversation over lunch. Keep up the great work!
- We were in the mood for loud,ObriensVIPDined on 4/16/2011We were in the mood for loud, and it's a good thing b/c they had a prom and swim meet there!! The service was very good. Gina was so nice I thought we were going to have to adopt her! Food was great, and the "acid test" french fries passed with flying colors!Special Features: