1569 S. Fairway Drive
Walnut, CA 91789Neighborhood:
San Gabriel Valley
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ootorosushi.com/
- Phone: 9095988299
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Kurt Chen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: WE are Located at the Hing Wa Lee Plaza in Walnut, CA and have a big parking lot in the front as well as an underground parking structure.
- Private Party Contact: Kurt Chen 9095988299
A word from Ootoro Sushi
Ootoro Sushi Japanese Restaurant in Walnut, CA offers the Premium in Japanese Fine Cuisine to the entire Los Angeles Area. We specialize in Authentic recipes that are original and are highly regarded by Master Sushi Chefs in Japan. Lead by Master Sushi Chef Kurt Chen, who has over 15 years of experience, the Chefs here at Ootoro Sushi know exactly how to cater to their customers by preparing the freshest and finest Sushi dishes. Our Chefs handpick Fresh and High Quality Fish, multiple times per week. With our Sake Bar being a key part of our Beverages selection, we offer a wide variety of Beer, Sake, and cocktail shots. For those that don’t drink alcohol, we do serve a variety of juices and water as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ootoro Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- By far the best sushi I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013By far the best sushi I've ever had..the freshness is unreal and I only got omakase b I can't wait to take it another step upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to the hypeSteakmasterDined on 8/1/2013After hearing OOTORO from LA Eater magazine, I was expecting a lot more. We had the Omokase "A" (x2 + beer= $217 w/out tip). The fish was supposedly flown in from the tsukiji market, but I suspect it was flown in from Bolsa Chica. Living in the SGV, you really don't have that many options, but I should have known better. If you live in the SGV, you'd be better off driving to Little Tokyo.Special Features:
- Chef's Special sushi is thekwongstersDined on 7/30/2013Chef's Special sushi is the best items that serves the daily best. Presentation and freshness of the fish were excellent. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had their "premium" chirachiPSILoveFoodVIPDined on 5/14/2013Had their "premium" chirachi for lunch. Wow! It was one of the best chirachi I've ever had! One of the best sushi spots in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2013The sushi chief there is creative. The same type of fish they are able to come out with different style. You'll never be tired of eating there every day. The sushi chief often remembers their customers and what kind of sushi they like. Keeping close relationship with customer is a bonus. Fish is fresh and tasty all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- high quality high end sushi rest.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013This restaurant is high end Sushi place. Most of the dishes are expensive but it worth for its food quality. Was very impress the way they serve the food and decoration on the plate and the special taste of the sushi. However, The A+ chef menu is disappointed based on the price (130+) Some of the sushi are high quality and taste good (especially impressed by the container made by ice for first dish) But some of the sushi didnt worth the cost (Kobe beef didn't melt in my mouth and some sushi has residual in it). So I would say to try B or C chef menu and save ur money. Also, the service is too rush for each dish. With the money I paid, I expect the dish is served one by one and wait until the customer finish the dish before next one.Special Features:
- Fresh FISH = sushi & sashimi,kittyVIPDined on 11/16/2012Fresh FISH = sushi & sashimi, will come back for sure. Pricey but good quality of food.Special Features: