860 Folsom St
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oola-sf.com/
- Phone: 4159952061
- Hours of Operation:
SATURDAY & SUNDAY BRUNCH 10:30 to 3pm
LUNCH Monday through Friday 11:30 to 2:30pm
Happy Hour, Monday-Thursday, 5pm-7pm and Friday, 4:30pm-7pm in the bar/lounge only.
LATE NIGHT DINING
Dinner is served Sunday & Monday from 6:00pm - 12:00am, and Tuesday - Saturday from 6:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ola Fendert
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Cater your next event with Oola Restaurant & Bar! Please inquire via email to email@example.com or call (415) 995-2061 and be sure to check out our website: http://www.oola-sf.com/special%20events%20&%20catering/
- Private Party Facilities: There are several different options for private parties within Oola Restaurant & Bar. Our mezzanine Level seats up to 16 people and our main dining room seats 65-80 people. Please contact Mandy Tripp via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 415-995-2061 for further info and be sure to check out our website: http://www.oola-sf.com/special%20events%20&%20catering/
- Private Party Contact: Mandy Tripp 4159952061
A word from Oola
Oola Restaurant & Bar is an American Bistro specializing in “San Francisco” cuisine. Using classic cooking techniques, we utilize the best the Bay Area has to offer, featuring organic meats and produce, and artisan cheeses and wines. Oola’s friendly, knowledgeable staff has a passion for good food and excellent service. While certain dishes remain constant (our customers rave about the ribs!), there are also fresh menu items that change depending on the season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oola reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice experience...FrankTheTankDined on 2/26/2014Had a small business group that the venue worked great for (6 people). Nice selection of drinks and wine, good overall food and presentation, but avoid the beef tenderloin, that was the only disappointment. Other menu items were great across the board. After dinner scotch and port selection was great. Overall very nice value for downtown San Fran and not the "mainstream".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyDScottDined on 2/1/2014Highs and lows............. Bolognese pasta was fabulous!! Jalapeno mac and cheese fabulous Kale side dish SALTY as heck......... Ginger Soy ribs SALTY :( :( really was looking forward to them...... Capriccio was fabulous!! Hamburger, not sure why they have on menu? One person in our party felt the need to try, just a burger nothing special and once again the fries that came with the burger were GREESY and SALTY, the chef had a very heavy hand with the salt. Great food needs NO salt, I find it as a cover up for mistakes. Root beer float dessert is a real treat!! So we hit a 50 / 50 on greatness to disappointment. Wouldn't returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightsliapisDined on 1/31/2014We had a great dinner at Oola during Dine about Town SF. The pappardelle Bolognese was insanely good. As were the ribs.. both alone I would come back again and again for. Staff was great. All in all a very good night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Lunch Date at OolaFood4FoodiesVIPDined on 1/27/2014Ordered 3-course DAT lunch. Plate of roasted beets and watermelon with goat cheese was refreshing and light...simply a nice way to begin a meal. Pork ribs were scrumptious and very tasty..so soft and moist, these falls off the bone easily. The brioche bread pudding was an excellent dessert to end a meal. It has good consistency and is just sweet enough. Fresh bread is available only upon request. Wait staff is knowledgeable and quick to check back. Interior is pleasant and unpretentious. Service is attentive. There's great value in this restaurant...more for your buck. I've been dining here twice each year during DAT. I have referred many of my friends to this place and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely time!lovechampagneDined on 1/26/2014we had a great time at Oola doing their all day mimosa and blood marys! It says all day, but it really means until 3pm (when they stop serving brunch). It probably is a good idea because it is hard to stop drinking! The watermelon mimosa was the absolute best, then the pineapple and blood orange were tied. Their food is delicious, a little on the small side and when you are drinking mimosas for a couple hours, you usually want more food ;-)Special Features:
- five stardoyleVIPDined on 1/24/2014we enjoyed and exceptional dinner. perfect service. delicious food.Special Features:
- Great Ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Really enjoyed the rbs, the meat literally fell off the bone. We were still talking about them the next daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectation Satisfied!Ronaldo7Dined on 1/19/2014Took a chance by reading previous reviews and had a great experience. Food was daring and excellent. Service was casual yet superb. A winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, food adequateAbbyroseDined on 1/18/2014Was in town for Fancy Food Show, on a previous visit had a fabulous meal and memorable service so hosted 3 guests here. The service was embarrassing and ridiculously slow. When waiter brought dessert menu one of our guests said "Maybe you should ask for the check now or we could be here all night." The restaurant did not appear to be that busy. I ordered pork with risotto, pork was great but risotto reminded me of Spanish rice. Had appetizers and desserts. Others said their food was good but certainly no rave reviews, I think the poor service overshadowed the food. My business partner paid the bill, just wish she had written on bill why the tip was so minimal.
- Oola is terrific, except..MontereyJimDined on 1/18/2014The food here is absolutely top-notch, amazing really. The server, Jordan was spot on perfect..in fact it was a truly outstanding dining experience that was almost sabotaged by the hostess. When we asked for a different table (plenty available) she became hostile and unpleasant...a truly minor issue that caused her to make us and others around us uncomfortable...once she was no longer in the picture, the meal was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2014I chose this place because of the bottomless mimosas at brunch and ended up not being able to partake due to work. However, the food was good. The entrees were interesting and not things that you typically get at brunch. I ordered a special (a hawaiian dish that I will not attempt to name). It was good. The dish involved a bed of fried rice, a hamburger patty, pork belly, and a fried egg. The sauce that came on the dish was too salty. The others I was with got a kale and mushroom omelette and a traditional breakfast (eggs, bacon, potatoes). The mimosas were tasty, but not all of the flavors were enjoyed. My friend ordered a Watermelon mimosa and said that the Watermelon juice did not mix well with the bubbly.
- Business Dinner a roaring successMedleyDined on 1/9/2014You know when the entire table of people who travel to SF regularly all say they will come back again and again that the dinner was a hit! Great dinner, amazing deserts and an overall great experience. I'd highly recommend Oola to anyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local SpotPearseVIPDined on 1/5/2014We love the food and staff here. The ribs are delicious!Special Features:
- Brunch in stylish ambience? Check!LovestoeatDined on 1/5/2014First time trial for a confessed Brunchie, found on Open Table when looking for something in SOMA. The place is small and almost hidden, with little light; but I loved the contemporary, yet comfortable design - very stylish indeed! The Brunch menu is small but features interesting items and the food quality was great, compliment! Service however, while definitely friendly, was somewhat slow and seemed a bit unorganized - I had to wait for my Cafe Latte for more than 10 min (with 3 tables occupied). Having said that, it will not keep me from giving Oola another try or recommending it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE 2013ToobeaucoupDined on 12/31/2013We had the 5 course pre fixe meal. It was ALL VERY GOOD! The only thing that I can say that was NOT excellent was the fact that the wait staff didn't get briefed properly about the order of the courses and they seemed like they were flying by the seat of their pants. This was a bit irritating and caused us to have to remind our server of the order of the courses that had come out of order twice. A pre shift meeting is all that would have been required to eliminate this snafuSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet up withGoodspiritsDined on 12/30/2013Great place to meet up with friends. This was our first time to Oola and the food, cocktails and service as great. We stayed for quite a while enjoying the evening- service was consistant, attentive and we did not feel rushed. great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is AWESOME!JewlsDined on 12/17/2013I've been a couple of times for lunch with clients, and we always enjoy the place, the staff and the food. They have a creative menu and ALL the dishes we've tried have been excellent. That mac and cheese as an appetizer...YUM. The staff was attentive without being overly intrusive. Check 'em out! Just take LOTS of quarters if you plan to street park.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/12/2013Nice atmosphere, really nice food, excellent service. A nice dinner location that's not yet so well known that it's possible to get a reservation on short notice.
- good food, bad servicePartyof9Dined on 12/12/2013Didn't feel welcome in the restaurant. It seemed like everything we asked for was a bother. The host yelled at us to move a coat when seating another table. She didn't use any manners or give time to take action before yelling again.Special Features:
- limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/6/2013Very good cooking for limited choice menu. Portion size average. Casual dining. Friendly service. Bar choices good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicehanayaVIPDined on 12/1/2013The waiter who served our food was hilarious. He was from LA but he definitely made amazing drink/ cocktail suggestions as well as food/ appetizer suggestions. The pumpkin soup was amazing and the course (ribs) of course were amazing. I topped the night off with a root beer float (yes, I know classy... ;) ) which topped my night. The food, drinks, and ambiance is great! A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, hearty dishes!winewomanVIPDined on 11/24/2013First the good: wow - the special was wonderful! 2 ribs, 2 eggs, 2 bacon slices, potato pancake stuffed with veggies, sauteed kale (so you can pretend it's all healthy). No room left to try the hazelnut-chocolate waffle, but there's always next time. Very spicy bloody mary, and great service to make sure I always had coffee. They even tried to find a connector so I could charge my cell phone while I ate (but no luck there). The bad? My companion needed to ask for non-burned bacon, and we overheard another patron asking for non-burned pancakes. Both my companion and the other patron were taken care of quickly and graciously. The sleek but rustic decor was inviting. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late dinnerAdamSomaVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food is very good and the service is up to par. I have never had a bad meal at this place and it is a reliable go to even late at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and food!Lizzie07Dined on 11/10/2013We had a large group for brunch and the staff was very attentive which we greatly appreciated. I had the huevos rancheros which were tasty! I definitely want to come back and try their dinner, seems like a good date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices gone up for same foodObserverVIPDined on 11/7/2013I remember the nights when their chicken+waffles and pork ribs were $6 each. Now the same small portion of chicken+waffles is $14 and the same portion of pork ribs is $16 ! Chicken+waffles used to be good, but now getting over oily. Not happy that they are not serving their pulled pork sliders that used to be $6. Overpriced, portions are really small, not worth the price.Special Features:
- VIP treatmentwelshcakeDined on 10/26/2013They asked if we had been there before (we hadn't), and gave us a lovely private booth on the second floor. The staff was friendly, informative, and as talkative as we wanted them to be. The food was innovative and delicious. An excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OL2HVIPDined on 10/20/2013This was our first dining experience at Oola, as we had been there once before only for drinks. We were delighted with everything. The special cocktail of the night was amazing. The salads and main courses imaginative, very tasty and not overly stylized. And, the service was attentive, helpful, and prompt. We loved it ! Oola deserves 5 starsSpecial Features:
- laughablekurtDined on 10/18/2013for the price the food was dry, low quality, and portions were small. the deviled eggs were about as good as i could make them and garnished with a square of rubbery oscar meyer bacon and a dried-out jalapeño slice that tasted like nothing. that's it - THAT was their chichi duck egg dish. the burger certainly wasn't bad, but was also $15. so many other upscale restaurant burgers in town that 're far better and sold for less. i do hate it when i spend $100 for two at a new fancy restaurant that inexplicably doesn't care about the food quality. swing and a miss.
- Over itTJSJDined on 10/9/2013After three amazing dining experiences (outstanding food, ambience and service), my last visit was sub-par. Our waiter pretty much ignored us the whole time and the food was lackluster. My love affair with Oola is over.Special Features:
- Went there on a Sunday night,psuedophoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2013Went there on a Sunday night, winding down a hectic weekend. Had the cheese plate and ribs as appetizers and then the chicken for my entree. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOMA gemMarkFromDallasVIPDined on 9/28/2013Great find just steps from out hotel in the financial district. Wonderful space and ambiance. You could actually have a conversation and hear everything! Food and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Slow service.ConferenceGuyDined on 9/24/2013i wasn't looking for a 3 hour dinner and the server never figured that out but should have easily.Special Features:
- Business LunchGameDonkeyDined on 9/24/2013Good for a business lunch. Service was quick, noise was low and the food was worth coming back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFanagameDined on 9/20/2013Food is great, service is really great. The VIP table upstairs are great for a romantic dinner. Really nice place overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs uppupuplatterDined on 9/5/20136 o'clock seating for two on a Thursday. Under 20% full; was seated near bar and not really thrilled having group standing in aisle so server had to excuse himself to get by and get to us. Otherwise decor is appealing, atmosphere very good, terrific salads, enjoyed the monkfish, pork loin was a bit over-cooked though, and the service was attentive and not intrusive. Overall, would offer medium recommendation to others: it's a pretty solid restaurant from what I can tell from one visit w/ memorable salads, enjoyable, but not overly distinguished entrees and pleasant and attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but decentLJPRVIPDined on 8/6/2013We've been here for dinner several times and enjoyed it but lunch the other day was a disappointment. The salads and mains were priced a good third higher than comparable places at comparable times. And arugula with peaches is nice but not worth $12 for a very small portion. the sound track is just odd. There are many better alternatives for lunch in the area.
- Good Food. Everything Else - MehPixelDudeDined on 8/4/2013Food-wise, pretty good for brunch. Our dishes were well prepared, fresh ingredients, nicely presented, and tasty. Service was mediocre - Way too laid back and had to ask a few times for some of the basics. Background music was so high we had to struggle to hear each other talk. Parking is a primarily on the street, and a pain (like most of SF).
- Excellent once againrenodeanVIPDined on 7/28/2013My third or fourth trip there. Great service and food. They were happy to make substitutions when my dining partner wanted a dinner item but didn't want the side that came with itSpecial Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2013The food and service were excellent. So glad there is another great place in SOMA to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service left much to be desiredalc2113Dined on 7/21/2013We came on what looked like a quiet Sunday morning - no line, plenty of empty tables. We were anticipating a great meal and realized very early on we would be left to fend for ourselves. We had to ask for water after about 10 minutes of being there, flag down a waitress to order since no one had ever stopped by to greet us, and when we did finally order she waited a solid 15 minutes before coming back and telling us she had messed up the computers and needed to reenter our order. I wish I could tell you the food was amazing but I'm not quite sure if the food was amazing or we were just that hungry that a piece of wood with jelly would have tasted great. It was really unfortunate as we were hoping to find a new weekly brunch spot.