Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse
764 Bethleham Pike
Montgomeryville, PA 18936Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ookasushi.com/
- Phone: 2153611119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday-Sunday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private Hibachi room that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
Is there a birthday or special occasion coming up? Let us host your party! We offer priced fixed menus to fit any budget. Join us in our exciting and entertaining hibachi or our more relaxed and quiet fine dining room. We would love to be a part of your celebration.
For more information and sample menus please feel free to email us at GabbyOoka@gmail.com.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriella Adams 2153611119x
- Entertainment: Hibachi entertainment 7 days a week for both lunch and dinner. Semi-private dining room that accommodates up to 40 guests.
A word from Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse
Ooka is a groundbreaking Asian restaurant set in the unsuspecting area of Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania. Opened in July of 2009, Ooka is setting the standard for forward thinking Japanese cuisine and gourmet hibachi in Southeasten Pennsylvania. The restaurant is highlighted by warm earth tones, deep banquets, lively hibachi entertainment and dim candlelight atmospherics. Ooka takes a modern minimalist approach to classical Japanese dishes with utmost thought and attention to purity, simplicity and seasonality. Ooka keeps focus on the constant evolution of Asian cuisine keeping grounded in the classical techniques of Japan. Ooka-Montgomeryville accepts online reservations for parties up to four.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Montgomeryville ›
Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great place for dinner and a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014First off, you MUST get the lychee martini - WOW. We had sea bass and scallops and the son had steak...all were wonderful - the only problem is SO MUCH FOOD! We had (shared tables) kids at our table who were really enjoying the show and even our own "i don't want to be here" 17 year old ended up having a great time. We will be back often!Special Features:
- Service a DissapointmentItalgalDined on 9/14/2014We go here often & love it. Great food. Normally good service. This time had waiter who got my son's order 100% wrong & when we sent it back he actually came over & questioned us like the fault was ours. He had just mirrored my husband's order which was odd since he even dinner. He finally got it and wolfed it down so we could leave. Not pleasant. We had to flag down bus boys to order more drinks since our waiter never approached us or asked even when he was a the table what we wanted to drink and the clincher was there was no comped anything for his error. Not even the edamame. Least he could have done!
- Fun timeAnna20Dined on 9/6/2014We went to celebrate a friend's birthday and enjoyed our time. The preparation is always a fun show to view and our chef was very involved. The food was delicious and cooked to our specifications. As a bonus, my friend got a birthday bowl of ice cream complete with candle.Special Features:
- Excellent Japanese DiningDaveDined on 8/30/2014Overall excellent dining experience. Service was great, as was food. Great plate presentation. Very accommodating to allergies.Special Features:
- FoodiesVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time dining in at Ooka in Montgomerville. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience, completely. We look forward to coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Fabulous MakiDCBostonVIPDined on 8/19/2014Went to Ooka for a birthday dinner with the hubs. First off, our waiter, Brad, was spectacular. The right amount of service, with the right amount of humor = big tip! The maki was delicious as well. Their special, blt roll, was phenomenal. Also had the Crispy! roll (a shrimp tempura) was our favorite. Then the Montgomerville role and the Philly role. All yummy! Great japanese decor. Comfortable booths. Cute bar that we will try some time. And they have a Hibachi part of the restaurant, too. Will definitely be going back :)Special Features:
- just go!nmallenDined on 8/15/2014The food, the ambiance, the service..cannot speak highly enough. Options for gluten free and vegan diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't go lateSuperDined on 8/11/2014Ooka Sushi & Hibachi is a great restaurant to have a nice romantic meal with a great service, just don't go too late, chef will be tired and you will not have a good service you are expecting.Special Features:
- Helpful WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014Our waiter Alex was very knowledgable and helpful since it was our first time to the restaurant. Food was very good and fresh. Will definitely go back.
- sunnygirldlwDined on 7/18/2014Our dining experience would have been a 5 if our waiter had been easier to understand and more courteous. The food was excellent and we will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice.DrFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014We love it here. Our kids love it here. For either Sushi or for Hibachi, its consistently the best choice in the area for either. Specify in your reservations if you want to be at a hibachi table, sushi or sushi bar. If you are hibachi, and its a party group - make sure to ask for a back room table where the noise will be less from the other chefs and tables.Special Features:
- yummynateykDined on 7/12/2014everything is good....period!!!!!! been going for years every meal is good whether fusion or traditionalSpecial Features:
- Ooka's Japanese RestaurantFab50thDined on 7/12/2014I have taken my family to Ooka's to celebrate a family members birthday. Being that I had previously eaten at a hibachi restaurant in Philadelphia before I was hoping for a great presentation while preparing the food. Our server Anna was fabulous. She was attentive and frequently returned to the table to check on our needs. Our chef, who I couldn't tell you his name, was bland and lack in showmanship. Although the food was good, the restaurant "did not steal the show!" Go to Philly if you really want to be entertained.Special Features:
- Not happyDelakDined on 7/10/2014This used to be our favorite place to dine but after two bad experiences, we will be finding a new favorite. It's not worth the price! Service was awful and food didn't come out as ordered and some items didn't come out at all.
- Delicious food...Ta2dcatloverDined on 7/5/2014Delicious food, beautifully prepared and presented, and unusual menu selections (to me, at least. E.g. The filet carpaccio), along with a lychee in my Lychee Cosmopoitan made my taste buds very very happy. My daughter and I visited on a Saturday night; we had used your on-line reservation system, so we did not have to wait to be seated at all. Our server was attentive and actually remembered us from a prior visit-several weeks before. We ordered a variety of small plates. I especially enjoyed the Filet Carpaccio. And because you offer soy paper wrappers (as opposed to seaweed wrappers) for the sushi rolls i was willing to try the veggie sushi and found the two veggie rolls very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome (as expected)TheresaHKDined on 7/1/2014I have been a fan of Ooka in Willow Grove for many years. The Ooka in Montgomeryville is just as good. I tend to order from the "specials" menu -- as there are always interesting choices. I got the lobster bun --- amazingly good -- fresh bun, tasty lobster, and micro greens that brought the whole thing to life. I also got the spicy tuna pizza -- to die for. I am always delighted at this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2014We're not Sushi fans but we love the Hibachi!!! And it is so easy to make the reservation on Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooka is top notch!!!PammyDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I are long time fans of Ooka! They have 3 restaurants in the Northeast region of PA. We've been to every one and have NEVER been let down. Quality food, atmosphere and service! Try the "OMAKASE". Chef's choice, you won't be dissapointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, good serviceJDPurvisVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were there an a busy Sunday evening, and sat in the dining room. Our waiter was busy and seemed easily distracted. Food did not arrive quickly, but was hot and obviously freshly prepared, so that was not his fault. Food was excellent - some of the best Japanese food I've had in the area. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Very DissapointingDissapointingVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was slow, never cleared our plates until the end! I had to grab new plates next to me. The chef was hurried and sloppy, the food was disappointing, My family and I have been here and plenty of other Hibachi style restaurants this was the worst experience. We were there for our 6 year old's birthday, both him and my 9 year old agreed it could have been much better
- great atmospheresuhshiDined on 5/25/2014it was a great time with delicious food. Hibachi was so much fun! Went with work crew and we spent the night there. Very friendly and super interactive. A great idea for parties.Special Features:
- Dependable Sushidph0020Dined on 5/25/2014Always get sushi here, never less than very good, very fresh, nice presentation. Always a solid performance.Special Features:
- Always funStunaDined on 5/24/2014You cannot go wrong with the Habachi tables. It is always fun and you get a pretty decent show while you eat. I think with the noodles and rice you get plenty of food. The portions look small but once you start eating you realize they aren't.Special Features:
- not that greatGriffDined on 5/24/2014I like the Ooka better in Doylestown. The waitress here at Montgomeryville site was terrible ...she never smiled. Our wine was not cold or chilled ...she just said more less she could not do anything about that...even after I asked her what they did have cold. She just brought us ice so we had watered down Pinot Grigio. Our dinner had limp broccoli rabe...overcooked teriyaki chicken. The desserts were skimpy...I rec Osaka in Lansdale and maybe the Ooka in Doylestown over this place.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Ooka Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Fun DiningLee4Dined on 5/17/2014Great place to take the family. Offers healthy dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish and elegantfoodnutDined on 5/16/2014The decor was very nice. The staff was friendly, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014The food there is usually excellent. My husband is a "foodie" and said he was disappointed with the quality of the sushi rice - the vinegar ratio according to him was not up to par and the consistency of his sushi rolls was sticky, not "melt in your mouth" the way he expected. I thought everything was great but then I'm pretty easy to please :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedDined on 5/11/2014Our reservations were for Mother's Day 2014 and the restaurant was flexible as my party was running late making our scheduled reservation time. We were able to adjust our reservations and there was no wait upon our arrival. The food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNatluvssushiDined on 5/10/2014The food was amazing, the service was perfect and the place is beautiful. I took my boyfriend out for his birthday and we had a fantastic time. We will definitely be coming back for a special occasion. It's an expensive restaurant but you get what ou pay for. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORSTWORSTVIPDined on 5/10/2014I LEFT THIS RESTAURANT WITHOUT EATING. Waited 1 hour for food....came out cold and under done. Staff was very blase about the situation. I eat out often, and visit this restaurant often as well. I WILL NEVER RETURN...and advise other to stay away too.
- DeliciousCatherineDined on 5/8/2014Very good food. Very good service. Fresh, beautiful presentation. Ooka always is a great Japanese Sushi Meal. Would have enjoyed, a small mint, or recognition one of party's birthday dinner, dessert etc-as mentioned in the reservation-should Ooka consider such a program- a nice touch for a dining guests birthday. Very good, highly recommend.
- snickerz824Dined on 5/7/2014A little pricey but food good. Lots of filler food...rice, miso soup, salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushifoodiDined on 5/2/2014wonderful atmosphere ... wonderful menu... wonderful sushi... don't miss it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014Definitely will be going back food was great so was atmosphere. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious, but our service was extremely slow. They brought out food that was not ours, then finally brought it to the table next to us. Slow to get drinks.
- Fun NightSuperDined on 4/26/2014It's a great place to have fun with friends and family, especially with the hibachi chef's show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMikePDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I made last minute reservations at Ooka without hassle. The restaurant then went the extra step and called to see where we wanted to sit, and we chose the Hibachi grill seating. We had a great time and food was incredible. Even made new friends with the people seated with us. Don't pass this place by.....Special Features:
- Fun, fun, fun!Fave4SushiDined on 4/25/2014Great food ,fantastic drinks, friendly service. The restaurant was busy but not too loud, every age from mid 20s to 60s! Although large restaurant nicely sectioned so each ares feels intimate. If you're looking for great sushi, fun cocktails and somewhere local this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Decent Prices Amazing Food &Servicebryan324Dined on 4/16/2014I and my fiancee had our first experience with Ooka and it was above and beyond all expectations. I'm a celiac and our waiter, Brad, knew the menu inside and out and said all items on the menu would be made to order to not include gluten. Having been a waiter myself I can be a bit judgemental on the wait staff of a restaraunt. Brad was knowledgable and tentative the entire night and offered countless explanations to a couple with no idea what they were ordering. Besides the staff the food was amazing. Great portions and a taste only fresh ingredients could pack. I'd suggest this restaraunt to anyone that wants an upscale meal at a price that keeps your stomach and wallet full just the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014This is the Ooka location near the Montgomeryville mall. I have to say, we had a great time overall! -The food was, as expected, superb! -The building itself was clean and neat and tidy. Restrooms were clean! -Wait staff was friendly and attentive! -Wait time was reasonable for a busy Friday evening and multiple Maki that we ordered. A+ !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.